Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thank you for cleaning up your mess.

DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
edited July 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback

And hire a better digital designer or just don't create jarring images, that can really cause health/aching problems, If you don't know how to do design correctly. Thank you for responding to such criticism by taking action to fix it. I approve of that, and I'm sure people will respect you more If the pack icons receive back (even readjusted in new fashion) their lost independent colors. How else will players be able to identify the origin of objects when sharing/uploading to gallery for specific EP/GP/SP compability?

Again, thank you for owning up for such horrible design step. Means a lot that some feedback is taken for remedying a mistake that left us upset.
NNpYlHF.jpg
Post edited by DragonCat159 on

Comments

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    seem i need to repeat myself there is nothing wrong with the curent loading screen lighter colors are much better than darker colors
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    seem i need to repeat myself there is nothing wrong with the curent loading screen lighter colors are much better than darker colors
    I disagree about "nothing wrong", but alright. You're entilted to your opinion; I'm to my own. I remember that; you can rest assure you won't need to repeat it to me. :) Though I more wish they put in "Cyan/Indigo/White(Previous)" options to please everyone, as it would be win&win and have them save headache, pun unintented, from this rebrand. Well, to an extent: certain are disatisfy with it due to the priority thing (unfixed bugs), which rightfully so should be If they feel about it.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019

Not always. The dark blue really brings out the green plumbob whereas before it would almost blend in with the overly saturated blue. It's also much easier on the eye receptors, and the darker blue makes me feel more calm. The darker blue also resembles much more the TS1/TS2 loading screens and UI which also better factors the nostalgia feeling. AND it doesn't look like the current Windows 10 BSOD anymore.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    not in my case for me its easyer to read on lighter colors darker colors are harder for me to read since my left eye is weaker than my right eye so i have to rely alot on my right eye.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I much prefer the new one.
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Not always. The dark blue really brings out the green plumbob whereas before it would almost blend in with the overly saturated blue. It's also much easier on the eye receptors, and the darker blue makes me feel more calm. The darker blue also resembles much more the TS1/TS2 loading screens and UI which also better factors the nostalgia feeling. AND it doesn't look like the current Windows 10 BSOD anymore.

Yeah. The dark franchise title logo feels out of place here, but that's for another talk in another place (forum feedback section).
    not in my case for me its easyer to read on lighter colors darker colors are harder for me to read since my left eye is weaker than my right eye so i have to rely alot on my right eye.
    That's why I insisted in my previous reply that an option to switch between SKY, INDIGO and GREY (ORIGINAL) would be great addition. However since they're always allergic to provide more customization, a file config is provided for moddding it however you like by manually replacing the file.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    PhillipaErdnussPhillipaErdnuss Posts: 74 Member
    Well, I always disliked the white Design. I like the lighter blue Design because it reminds me of a Swimmingpool. But I also like the dark blue Design it reminds me of a nightsky 😁
    Phillipa Erdnuss
    Mayoress of SimCity and all associated districts
    Let this cart-button disappear!
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    It's still awful. Mochismo Moschino design it?
  • Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    It's good that they changed it for those it really bothered, personally I'd rather play than look at the loading screen so I do other things inbetween. (I'm a rebel. I crochet! *yawn*)
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Bloosmoo wrote: »
    It's good that they changed it for those it really bothered, personally I'd rather play than look at the loading screen so I do other things inbetween. (I'm a rebel. I crochet! *yawn*)

Can you imagine if we one day had a Sims game where we could travel lot to lot without a loading screen?! That would be so amazing. :lol:
  • Options
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

Can you imagine if we one day had a Sims game where we could travel lot to lot without a loading screen?! That would be so amazing. :lol:

July 2, 2009.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member

We had that technology in 2009 but they sent it back to the future apparently lol, it was only on loan.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited July 2019

ROFL :D

At least they've toned down the colour of that screen. The logo though.... ugh. I'm not sure what the fascination is with these flat, basic primary colours these days. Tumblr recently changed their subtle blueish-grey background for something along the lines of that obnoxious primary blue. It's hideous and hard on the eyes - not attractive at all.
    Post edited by Pary on
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited July 2019
    hated the white because way too bright, new blue is too intense, dark blue is nice
    but I still would have loved some pattern on it just for the sake of it looking more interesting
    then again its not like i really intensely look at it either just as long as it doesn't blind me like previous ones do
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    Goosey wrote: »
    I prefer the old white loading screen. I heard there's a mod to bring it back.

Same here! I'm looking forward to the mod!
  • Options
    PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    rjssim wrote: »

It's just gone public if you don't know already.

https://patreon.com/posts/clean-ui-public-28496568
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Should have hired my sim to do the job instead.

4Z4UmWB.png

uZcohjA.png
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited July 2019
    rjssim wrote: »

It's just gone public if you don't know already.

https://patreon.com/posts/clean-ui-public-28496568

Thanks, PrincipleOfEntropy. I didn't know it was available yet.

EDIT: It works great. It's nice to have the old menu and loading screen back.
  • Options
    bartcnbartcn Posts: 5 New Member
    ah.. finally i can play the sims in the dark without going blind for a few seconds
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I wished they'd just hire the people who make mods, they do the job soooo much better. The new loading screen is a lot better, but I've seen modders create loading screens that look even better than that.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    bixters wrote: »
    I wished they'd just hire the people who make mods, they do the job soooo much better. The new loading screen is a lot better, but I've seen modders create loading screens that look even better than that.

Yeah, they may be able to do much more as their passionate, however.... where the priorities goes, they won't have much freedom and the passionate may not last long. They will do things EA will tell them, not what players will ask. Working at EA is like working a low-salary paying job, you don't like it or get treated like 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Getting hired by applying/invitation may eventually become a job that doesn't get much reward than getting payed. Quite opposite for modding.

While there's a benefit to getting payed, there's downside to it. As I don't like saying, I think it would be much better If they create mod as their past time than creating things that are out of fans radar. Modders are appreciated and love they get from players, while developers do redundant things that aren't appreciated for.
    NNpYlHF.jpg