Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you annoyed that your DLC clothing is now added to base game for everyone

Comments

• Options
    caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    No (Even if I own the DLC)
    No, I bought the packs for the gameplay not for THAT item that was added into the base game in today's patch (this applies for every pack)...
    he/him
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Yes
    I am not happy about it, but it has become par for the course and confirms my negative opinions of the team and they way they are handling the game.
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Nope. If they were giving away entire free DLC's I'd definitely be upset, but 13 items from all the dlc's. Meh.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited July 2019
    I have the base game free and now I have that stuff for free too. But I empathize with the people who feel cheated because they paid for that stuff.

I also don't believe all those people who are fine with this. I don't know any of you so why should I let you influence me against what is obvious? It's just another smoke and mirrors move to get the rest of us to be okay with this.

Don't think anyone here has some odd agenda to try to influence you or anyone else otherwise? It's my opinion much like anyone else who do or don't care in this thread.

If I don't care about it I just don't care. Nothing more and nothing less.
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    https://simscommunity.info/2019/07/16/the-sims-4-july-2019-update-new-cas-content/

Here is the items, for those who would like to know exactly which ones it is. I only count 9 though ;)

This hairstyle has been made available from Dine Out Game Pack to Base Game
    This feminine top from Get Famous has been unlocked for the base game with four new colour swatches
    This masculine top from Fitness Stuff has been unlocked for the base game with three new colour swatches.
    This masculine top from Backyard Stuff has been unlocked for the base game and has some new colour swatches as well.
    This unisex beanie from Get To Work has been unlocked for the base game and has three new colour swatches.
    This baggy sleeve shirt from Get Famous is now available with the Base Game with some new presets.
    The high tops from Get to Work are now available in the Base Game in a new preset.
    These baggy pants from Dine Out are now available in the Base Game with a new preset.
    These boots from City Living are now in the Base Game with some new colors.

There is a new hair and a new ring and bracelet as well.

Have a look at the link above

*Italic text is directly from the link

• Options
    mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    Yes
    I usually don't get upset about this kind of stuff, but yeah, I am annoyed. I wish they hadn't advertised it as "new" because I was under the impression that there would be actual new clothing, not just stuff from packs that I already have. I get that people can't afford the packs, but that's why they should actually add new stuff in to the base game, not just recycled stuff from packs. And I'm aware that it's only a few items but it's the fact that they advertised it as new when it's not.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited July 2019
    It is a double edged sword. In some cases you have paid double for the same item to get a recolor or a reskin, ie: MFP.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Nah. Not bothered since it's not the same items that I paid for but extra swatches for them.

It sucks that the items are no longer searchable by their packs though, but it would likely be more of a mess if they added the new swatches as a duplicate item. (why they're no longer on the DLC item listings though, I don't know, since they're very much still DLC items)

For comparison: the hoodie/top from Fitness Stuff has 10 (or so) swatches when bought with the pack. In base game, there are 3, which got added to the list, making the total for anyone who owns the Stuff pack 13+. The only loss is that the item is no longer unique to the SP, only the swatches are. To me personally, that's not a big deal.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes
    Nah. Not bothered since it's not the same items that I paid for but extra swatches for them.

It plum that the items are no longer searchable by their packs though, but it would likely be more of a mess if they added the new swatches as a duplicate item. (why they're no longer on the DLC item listings though, I don't know, since they're very much still DLC items)

For comparison: the hoodie/top from Fitness Stuff has 10 (or so) swatches when bought with the pack. In base game, there are 3, which got added to the list, making the total for anyone who owns the Stuff pack 13+. The only loss is that the item is no longer unique to the SP, only the swatches are. To me personally, that's not a big deal.

They aren't. They show up under BG items now.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    Yes
    Did I miss something?! What content is available to everyone now?? I own all the packs but the title of this thread seems a little alarming.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    I voted No because we all have a choice as players if/when we purchase packs at all and whether we personally feel they are overpriced or not.. I tend to purchase packs as they come out because of how sim builders utilize the new content from packs then in return we get some awesome player made content which I enjoy very much in my game..plus as I don't purchase other games as sims is my favorite game and despite the fact I feel the sims 4 series gives me less than other iterations of the game for my purchasing power overall I still feel that I can spend so much more money on other things in my life that I honestly I do not feel the need to nitpick over pricing however if we are discussing depth of the game compared to past iterations then I certainly do not feel we are receiving value for money :)
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

It plum that the items are no longer searchable by their packs though, but it would likely be more of a mess if they added the new swatches as a duplicate item. (why they're no longer on the DLC item listings though, I don't know, since they're very much still DLC items)

They aren't. They show up under BG items now.

In the in-game catalog, yes. But imo they shouldn't have taken them off the listing for the packs, since it's not like they just handed out the whole item as it was with all the swatches from the pack to BG. It's also why I said it may have been a better choice to make them a separate item.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    It's not like they gave the ENTIRE packs for free? lol I don't know what there is to be angry about.
  • Options
    metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    Nah, I don't mind. It's not like every DLC item was added, just some.
    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited July 2019
    I am not alarmed by it. I would rather see a little given for free then pay twice for a recolor that can be made in 5 minutes. I do own all the packs with the exception of the last EP and GP.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Technically only the meshes and the new recolours have been added to BG. The swatches that came with the DLC packs are still exclusive to those packs.
  • Options
    DillynJamesDillynJames Posts: 551 Member
    Yes
    Did I miss something?! What content is available to everyone now?? I own all the packs but the title of this thread seems a little alarming.

It's a few small items (like a hat, a jacket, some boots, a bracelet, etc). @Mcrudd posted a link to a page that shows the items. The title of this thread is what made me vote "yes" but then I saw that it wasn't very many items. For me, personally, it's not cause for alarm. I have about half the items that have been rebranded into the base game and I don't feel cheated or upset about it.
    modthesims.info/member.php?u=8889989 320k downloads on ModTheSims; CarlDillynson
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Nope. If it's not like they gave away a whole pack but took bits and pieces away, not at all. I was more upset when they gave the photography skill away... but I got over it. Now I kind of wish they'd give aliens away and upgrade them.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Yes
    I have the base game free and now I have that stuff for free too. But I empathize with the people who feel cheated because they paid for that stuff.

I also don't believe all those people who are fine with this. I don't know any of you so why should I let you influence me against what is obvious? It's just another smoke and mirrors move to get the rest of us to be okay with this.

Wait I'm confused... You think that people who are not okay with this decision, would pretend they are okay with it in order to convince other people to be okay with it? I am puzzled how this would make any sense at all. I mean I don't really care if people agree with me or not, but I certainly am not going to try and convince them to disagree with me.

This is EA's forum so they can make opinion sway their way as they please. If people think about it, no one here really knows anyone else. I often thought polls here were influenced to go the way EA wanted as a way to get others to accept the changes. If you go to other places on the internet where EA has no control, the real opinions come out.

For example, the Laundry theme won here and everyone is gushing over it (supposedly). But out there? A lot of people are going "🐸🐸🐸🐸? I chose <insert better theme option> and this won?!??"

So polls here are BS. Opinions that EA can't control elsewhere are more accurate. Doesn't matter anyway, because EAxis will do whatever it wants whether anyone agrees with them or not.

• Options
    SmileSluntSmileSlunt Posts: 39 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes

Wait I'm confused... You think that people who are not okay with this decision, would pretend they are okay with it in order to convince other people to be okay with it? I am puzzled how this would make any sense at all. I mean I don't really care if people agree with me or not, but I certainly am not going to try and convince them to disagree with me.

This is EA's forum so they can make opinion sway their way as they please. If people think about it, no one here really knows anyone else. I often thought polls here were influenced to go the way EA wanted as a way to get others to accept the changes. If you go to other places on the internet where EA has no control, the real opinions come out.

For example, the Laundry theme won here and everyone is gushing over it (supposedly). But out there? A lot of people are going "plum? I chose <insert better theme option> and this won?!??"

So polls here are plum. Opinions that EA can't control elsewhere are more accurate. Doesn't matter anyway, because EAxis will do whatever it wants whether anyone agrees with them or not.

You're aware that other websites have different communities, right? Not everyone from Reddit is going to be a member here. People vote different ways. To even imply there is some weird conspiracy is... ridiculous.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I almost always vote personally, because it does not good to argue with the pitchfork folks. They shout much louder and longer. Besides there's a game to played.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

For example, the Laundry theme won here and everyone is gushing over it (supposedly). But out there? A lot of people are going "plum? I chose <insert better theme option> and this won?!??"

So polls here are plum. Opinions that EA can't control elsewhere are more accurate. Doesn't matter anyway, because EAxis will do whatever it wants whether anyone agrees with them or not.

I honestly don't think EA sways the polls and personally I love laundry day. But I also love my first pet haha. I'm on Reddit as well as here and loads of ppl there like laundry Day too, i see it recommended a lot.
  • Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes and no. Previous items and features (like careers) have always been added for free after packs have been out a while -- nothing new there. BUT, what bothers me about this now is even when I pay premium price for an expansion pack, key features are just recycled (the swimming, as we can't go deep), the plentiful rabbit holes (new jobs, diving (again)...

[Start of off topic rant] Speaking of those rabbit holes, I get tired of clicking on my sim only to have him disappear and my simulation experience is simply reading about his adventure. [End of off topic rant.]

...recycled animations (my toddler carries a rubber duck in the ocean? HUH? -- thanks LMS for your mod that at least give my toddlers a seashell for that beachy feel)....

If the packs I pay for left me with something in the way of unique gameplay, my response to this poll would be a resounding "no." But since it's not an unqualified "yes..." either /shrug.

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,622 Member
    Yes
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Let's say you go to McDonalds and buy a menu.

Some fries, a big mac, a coca cola, even nuggets.

A McDonalds employer comes to you, takes your nuggets and your fries away without even asking, and gives it to someone who hasn't even selected what they want to eat. How would you feel honestly?

That's a false equivalency. A more accurate comparison would be "you buy fries, a big mac, a drink, nuggets. A McDonald's employee gives a single free french fry to another customer." It doesn't mean I have fewer fries and it represents an infinitesimal proportion of my financial investment.

It still ain't nice to take one French fry to give to another customer. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes
    SmileSlunt wrote: »

You're aware that other websites have different communities, right? Not everyone from Reddit is going to be a member here. People vote different ways. To even imply there is some weird conspiracy is... ridiculous.

I don't even read reddit, lol! But if it is consistent every where else, and this is the only place where people are gushing over stuff no one else wants then I'm not likely to believe what polls or what popular consensus says here.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top