Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Uuuh, so...really?

Comments

• Options
    Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    Honestly, if they just picked a darker shade of blue for the loading screen I'd be happy, bright colours like that tend to give me a headache if they're not offset by darker colours or broken up into a pattern. I'm also sensitive to bright light to the point where I have blinded myself for a few seconds just walking into the bathroom or opening the curtains in the morning. Because of that sensitivity I avoid the current loading screen as much as I can but I can see the new one giving me similar problems.

I don't mind the other changes as much but that loading screen though, a darker blue would be nice...
  • Options
    Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    I'd be happy if the loading screen has a darker shade of blue, the shade they picked hurts my eyes a bit and I was already having that problem with the current loading screen when I play at night... Or at the very least add a camouflage pattern to it to break it up so it's easier on the eyes, bright light and loud, obnoxious looking colours (like the hot pink used for some hairstyles in game) hurt my eyes and give me a headache. I usually just put up with it and stay on my home lot as much as I can and stick to darker or softer colours for my sims hair and clothing.
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    edited July 2019
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    I think it's insulting, honestly. To our intelligence, to so boldly ignore that the game has serious issues that should be addressed. They should feel embarrassed to promote it heavily, let alone with a rebrand that's divisive and cheaper-looking. :s

It's a jpeg and a menu screen. Neither likely took up much time or resources and they don't really seem very different, and they probably just wanted to color code the packs by type. We're just going to be clicking past them anyway.

It's more than that and there's psychology at play here, too.

This rebrand messages: "We're NOT listening, lol, ha ha! ... Frustrated with the game? Don't let the door hit you on the way out. We don't need you, anyway. We've got all this partying to get back to, weeeee! See! Bright party decorations! EvErYtHinG iS PeRfeCt w/ ...ΜØŦĦ€Ř."

I won't even click past them, because I no longer play TS4. This is just insulting and annoying to me.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Of all the things wrong with the world, this is what upsets you?

Updating branding literally happens all the time. It is a standard business practice. EA/Maxis is - surprise! - a business.

What's the problem? It's not like Marketing - the division that handles branding - would otherwise be creating content. You do realize that it's different people who have that job, right?

Maxis should lay off most of the marketers and hire people to fix the game, when (IF) it deserves promotion, refocus again.

That’s not how multi-billion dollar companies operate.

I said "SHOULD." They operate wrong.

You sound like my father. I say "should," he says, "that's not how it is." I said "should."
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited July 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Why did they make the whole logo dark blue? It looks so out of place
    iDgp3vI.jpg

The fact that that blue only shows up in there is off putting me. The new cover logo is white, the new EP cover logo is white so why is it dark blue there? This is such a mess. Also why is the "4" the same color as the "sims"?

Sims_4_logo.svg

This looks far better still.

For the rebrand they probably just picked a random dark shade and went with it - it looks so bad

I want the old logo back!
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    SummerStreakSummerStreak Posts: 119 Member
    I feel bad but I hate it so much oh my god. The over saturated colors hurt my eyes. Kind of reminds me of how tumblr switched to that saturated blue, but at least that was more subtle.

The current location of everything is perfectly fine imo. I love where the packs are, on the left and not too intrusive. I especially love how the expansions all have their own unique colors, they look so beautiful all together! The new teal just doesn’t have the same allure to it.

This last complaint is more petty if I’m being honest, but why change where the play button is? We’re used to where it is. I just know I’m gonna keep clicking on a link on the left on accident out of habit.

I doubt they’ll include a way to revert this, but I really hope they do. I’m perfectly happy and love our main menu right now.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    I think it's insulting, honestly. To our intelligence, to so boldly ignore that the game has serious issues that should be addressed. They should feel embarrassed to promote it heavily, let alone with a rebrand that's divisive and cheaper-looking. :s

It's a jpeg and a menu screen. Neither likely took up much time or resources and they don't really seem very different, and they probably just wanted to color code the packs by type. We're just going to be clicking past them anyway.

It's more than that and there's psychology at play here, too.

This rebrand messages: "We're NOT listening, lol, ha ha! ... Frustrated with the game? Don't let the door hit you on the way out. We don't need you, anyway. We've got all this partying to get back to, weeeee! See! Bright party decorations! EvErYtHinG iS PeRfeCt w/ ...ΜØŦĦ€Ř."

I won't even click past them, because I no longer play TS4. This is just insulting and annoying to me.

Well, if you don't play it there's nothing to be insulted or annoyed about. But, again, it's just a jpeg that the rest of us will never see in game and a menu that the rest of us are just going to click past. I think you're trying to put a 10 pound weight on a 5 pound stand.
  • Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    previous design makes the game look empty and dull.

new design makes the game look ugly and outdated.

this game is hopeless.
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    Pretty good art for a Commodore 64 game, excepts that the commodore has been launched in 1982.
    Can be used as a URSS propaganda poster as well. Maybe a hint for a Soviet themed pack?
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited July 2019
    So_Money wrote: »
    Of all the things wrong with the world, this is what upsets you?

Updating branding literally happens all the time. It is a standard business practice. EA/Maxis is - surprise! - a business.

What's the problem? It's not like Marketing - the division that handles branding - would otherwise be creating content. You do realize that it's different people who have that job, right?

Maxis should lay off most of the marketers and hire people to fix the game, when (IF) it deserves promotion, refocus again.

That’s not how multi-billion dollar companies operate.

I said "SHOULD." They operate wrong.

You sound like my father. I say "should," he says, "that's not how it is." I said "should."

I can idealize about a lot of things in life that “should” happen but won’t. It is what it is, whether we like it or not.

And besides, I’m not even sure they “should” do as you suggest.

It doesn’t make sense to gut an entire department (remember they’re responsible for all of EA’s properties, not just the Sims) just because of some high-minded notion that the product isn’t all that it could be in the eyes of some consumers.
  • Options
    saphfiresaphfire Posts: 90 Member
    After watching a video about the new design, I got pain in one of my eyes and now they're watering
  • Options
    MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    Hate the pack design, looks cheap. No one asked for this.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Granted, you are not on it very long, but the darker blue would have been easier on the eyes.
  • Options
    quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    edited July 2019
    Whenever I see a simmer with a super low post count complain, I wonder if they even actually play, or are just here to troll. Either way, they end up on my Ignore list.

These graphics are in fact contemporary, sleek and stylish. I very much doubt you ever played on a Commodore 64 (which was hot stuff at the time, particularly graphically). I have, and I can tell you that no, it couldn't have handled those graphics.

My first computer, so, yes I have played and worked with it. It was a joke actually. And no, no one here are worried with your ignore list, sorry.
  • Options
    SimSweetySimSweety Posts: 73 Member
    I like the new pack icons, but I think the blue is really tacky (Sorry to the people who like it)
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Totally needs to be recorded in Simlish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BinWA0EenDY
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member

People being upset over rebranding, the color choices for the new loading screens, the fact we are being gifted over a thousand objects from debug that were once used by the teams to decorate the backdrop lots so now we won't have to cheat to use them....but no mention was made about the BUGS. What in blazes are they going to do about the bugs? They hinted at a few bugs fixes in the update that is mainly about the new CAS Sim backstory option but I don't care about the freebies!! Maybe some of us just want to play the game without bugs and glitches. What good are a bunch of objects, that are huge, by the way, if we can't play the game? Sorry, but I do not care about new features that have nothing to do with fixing my game. Most of this update is filled with more fluff and stuff that doesn't add very much to how some of us play our games. Unless unlocking the town decor objects means they are finally going to allow us to decorate the locked lots I see no reason to have them at all.

And the color of the loading screens is very important to people and should have been researched before the marketing team made their choices. People who suffer with migraines, and different eye ailments, will be affected by the new color. Wow, way to go, EA. Just another indication of not thinking before doing.

The very least they could have done is release the bug fixes before force feeding us another update that will no doubt bring another round of glitches along with it. So we get a few fixes for the bugs from the June18th update then we're left to deal with new bugs from the new update? Where, in all that is holy, is the logic in that scenario? I have barely managed to get my game running in a reasonable state after waiting almost three weeks for some of my mods to be updated. There is no way I am going to update my game again until I am sure I won't have to wait for weeks for updated mods. Heck, I found three mods this week that take care of bugs from the June18th update so EA can keep their buggy new update. This newest planned update is just more of the same tactic they have been using for months to keep the fans interested. Lots and lots of stuff to look at but no substance. I am so not excited. I am angry, disappointed and uninterested. When the gurus began tweeting about Maxis Monthly and raving about how excited they were to share news with us, I knew it was not going to be news about anything important. After falling into the hype about Island Living then being disappointed, there was no way I was going to fall for that again.

@Oldeseadogge This is why I am in an uproar over this latest 'news'. I think most of us are simply feeling so underwhelmed we'd rather watch bad reality TV than play the Sims4 at this point. :/
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited July 2019
    Not a fan of the new plumbob or the blue loading screen. Its way too bright and off putting. Also why are they changing the colors of the eps, gps, and sps? I liked that they all had their own different colors.

Edit to add: Instead of changing the look of the game they should have spent more time on fixing all the bugs that IL added/reintroduced.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Why did they make the whole logo dark blue? It looks so out of place
    iDgp3vI.jpg

I didn't notice that. It looks so cheap. That color needs to go right back to 2003 where it belongs! :D:D

Sims 2 got released in 2004 and even that had a prettier logo than this redesign one
    20091010222712%21Sims2_logo.jpg
    I like the “even” here :p It’s not like people were worse at designing logos in the past. Coca Cola still uses the logo (basically) they designed for the brand in 1887.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I don't even want to update my game now...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    This game is lacking on so many fronts yet, instead of taking our ideas and tips on how to improve the game, instead of reading the plum surveys and taking the criticism, instead of investing in gameplay and fixing the extensive list of bugs and non-functioning features, they just add a bad paint job to TS4. Seriously I'm annoyed.

Same, I'm so exhausted and desperated of what they are doing with TS. They treat it so badly, it almost hurts...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »
    and you do realize that people working on rebranding don't work on game features which you are looking for and its useless to blame this small change for anything missing?

I personally think it is because they wanted some separation for ts4 and ts4 legacy edition titles to avoid confusion with
    "does this pack work 32bit or nah"

and in general since ts4 is continuing they be running out of pack colors really soon if they didn't choose some

for me the new color scheme works better anyway because that white always hurted my eyes being way too bright and it felt kinda dead and not sims like so im glad they changed that

Yeah, but they still have to spend the game's budget to go out of their way to do this.

Yeah but you do realize that its actually rather cheap for them to recolor and make cover art and plumbob
    and it probably mostly went out of marketing funds that have nothing to do with actual game making funds
    at least in proper business that is

only thing that I see sort of taking funds/time is the cas quiz but I can't believe it really took them that much more either

Oh yeah...I can see how cheap it was considering how terrible it looks.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »

People being upset over rebranding, the color choices for the new loading screens, the fact we are being gifted over a thousand objects from debug that were once used by the teams to decorate the backdrop lots so now we won't have to cheat to use them....but no mention was made about the BUGS. What in blazes are they going to do about the bugs? They hinted at a few bugs fixes in the update that is mainly about the new CAS Sim backstory option but I don't care about the freebies!! Maybe some of us just want to play the game without bugs and glitches. What good are a bunch of objects, that are huge, by the way, if we can't play the game? Sorry, but I do not care about new features that have nothing to do with fixing my game. Most of this update is filled with more fluff and stuff that doesn't add very much to how some of us play our games. Unless unlocking the town decor objects means they are finally going to allow us to decorate the locked lots I see no reason to have them at all.

And the color of the loading screens is very important to people and should have been researched before the marketing team made their choices. People who suffer with migraines, and different eye ailments, will be affected by the new color. Wow, way to go, EA. Just another indication of not thinking before doing.

The very least they could have done is release the bug fixes before force feeding us another update that will no doubt bring another round of glitches along with it. So we get a few fixes for the bugs from the June18th update then we're left to deal with new bugs from the new update? Where, in all that is holy, is the logic in that scenario? I have barely managed to get my game running in a reasonable state after waiting almost three weeks for some of my mods to be updated. There is no way I am going to update my game again until I am sure I won't have to wait for weeks for updated mods. Heck, I found three mods this week that take care of bugs from the June18th update so EA can keep their buggy new update. This newest planned update is just more of the same tactic they have been using for months to keep the fans interested. Lots and lots of stuff to look at but no substance. I am so not excited. I am angry, disappointed and uninterested. When the gurus began tweeting about Maxis Monthly and raving about how excited they were to share news with us, I knew it was not going to be news about anything important. After falling into the hype about Island Living then being disappointed, there was no way I was going to fall for that again.

@Oldeseadogge This is why I am in an uproar over this latest 'news'. I think most of us are simply feeling so underwhelmed we'd rather watch bad reality TV than play the Sims4 at this point. :/

They only mention bug fixes when announcing update for console players so it's probably the fix that we already had, not the fix for the current state of the game on pc
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    IMO I wouldn't have a problem with the rebrand if the color wasn't so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 bad. It hurts my eyes. Also changing the pack icon colors will make it harder to find certain items/objects.

It's not a bad idea to throw a new paint job every once in awhile, but the color shade is atrocious on the eyes and considering the game is still a buggy mess, it feels like priorities should be elsewhere. I realize different teams and all that, but the timing is rather poor.