Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No toddler/child tails

As the title states. Am I the only one that wishes toddlers and children have tails as mermaids? How adorable would that be? Slightly disappointed they don't as it feels immersion breaking having a mer-kid swim awkwardly with legs as their parents glide majestically around in the water :lol:

Anyone else feel the same?

Comments

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    It would of been so cute.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Yeah, it would have been cute but would have broken the word's occult rules which would have been more immersion breaking for me.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Yeah, it would have been cute but would have broken the word's occult rules which would have been more immersion breaking for me.

I agree. As much as I'd like to have little Sims use occult powers, it doesn't work for all states, so it's better to just have a blanket "Occults kick in for teens and up" rule. It means I can't have a little Claudia from Interview with the Vampire, but it also means we don't have to learn a lot of crazy rules that might only apply to kid-sims. If there's anything Sims 4 tries to be, it's user-friendly.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited July 2019
    No, you are certainly not alone. I was really disappointed by this too. I was hoping for child mermaids at least. Right now they can be ghosts or aliens and that's it. Vampires and mermaids (and probably werewolves too when we get them) have to hit puberty first apparently. I find this annoying for vampires soon since I often hear arguments like 'vampires are dead so they don't tan, feel the cold/heat' etc. but somehow they're still able to grow and eat regular food until they're adults? Then again, ghost children have to go to school for all eternity and I wouldn't wish that on my child/teen vamps haha... Anyway, I just hope we get toddler/child witches and fairies. That would be cute!
  • Options
    LexalooLexaloo Posts: 20 Member
    Yeah I agree, I feel like as a child it wouldn't have been a bad thing to do. It would have been cool if they got their tails to move around, but couldn't use any of the powers until they were a teen. Then it would feel a bit more like a progression, and as @annaliese39 said, ghost and aliens are kids... why not just have tails as a kid?

Mermaids feel very patched in to me anyway.. there's no skill or progression for them.. and it's way too easy to become one in the first place. It just feels odd and empty, very disappointing from the sims team because TS4 has been about developing everything to feel grounded in the game.

Also, I agree with vampires being a 'it kicks in as a teen'. I'm completely okay with that, I just bet that witches/warlocks will have powers a child too.