Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Other Problems with Toddlers since last Patch?

In addition to the stuck items, I have also lost the ability to do interactions with Toddlers. My sim cannot "Hug" his daughter anymore and he cannot Read her to Sleep.

Anyone else having these issues?

Comments

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    No - both of those are working fine with my Toddlers, though the little environmental animations that usually show up during imaginative play are not appearing for me.
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    The little environmental animations are still showing up in my game.
  • Options
    Yeah - I cleared my caches and they are back for me, too. :)
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    My sims can hug toddlers with no issues. But! After almost every meal there is a plate stucked on their palm. OMG!!! They can't do any task with the plate so I have to reset them every single time after they've eaten their meal. OMG!!! Also the highchairs.... The constant taking toddlers out of them is a real pain. I have never experienced it so often like after the latest patch. Seriously! OMG!!!
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    Check for toys or tablets stuck to hands, too. That also requires a resetsim for them to be able to be bathed, placed in a high chair, use the potty, or nap. It totally borks all their motive restoring activities. :(

I did check interactions, however, and those are operating normally for me.
  • Options
    NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    The stuck plates/books/toys bug is the only problem I've had with toddlers. That's problem enough, though. Right now I'm not playing toddler very much. I'm really hoping we will get an EA fix for this soon.
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited July 2019
    Most of the issues with toddlers are coming and going, and I often have to reset them. Another annoying issue, is, that they take down their night lamp to play with it, and it keeps sticking to their hand, too.
    Other than that, I think that toddlers are are so darn cute, playing in the sand and in the shallow water, too. I simply love it.
    RzQUkfK.jpg
    FAFKjpv.jpg
  • Options
    cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    I have to reset the toddlers a lot. It is annoying but not game-breaking for me. Still managed to achieve 2 top-notch toddlers since the patch.
    Not had any issues with the other age groups at all.
  • Options
    TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    Wait....y'all can make your Toddlers eat? Mine have all been taken away. No matter what you feed them, if they are in the seat, they throw it on the floor. If you give it to them out of the highchair, they walk around and play with it and then throw it on a table. I have three, in three different families, and I cannot get any of them to eat. Everything else has been full green outside of food, which starts at yellow, and now all three families are in full red in all aspects, just from trying to get these kids to eat something. I've never had this much of a problem keeping toddlers. I;'m about to drop them all off at the mall and go home.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Last night I had my toddler purchase a book and it’s stuck in his hand. He won’t potty nor sleep. I turned the game off but I hope resetting will help...
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    I can’t put my toddlers to bed anymore. There’s also a glitch when my toddler gets into bed on his own. He climbs in fully dressed in his everyday outfit then climbs back out to switch into pjs then climbs back into bed to sleep. It’s really annoying
  • Options
    TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    I ended up calling in the local sorcerer to level them up. They have 0 social skills as kids, but I also don't have 400 piles of food all over the dining room and kitchen.
  • Options
    wamayeliwamayeli Posts: 147 Member
    yupp wrote: »
    I can’t put my toddlers to bed anymore. There’s also a glitch when my toddler gets into bed on his own. He climbs in fully dressed in his everyday outfit then climbs back out to switch into pjs then climbs back into bed to sleep. It’s really annoying

Yes, the same thing happens to me. And when I tried to do the "Read to Sleep" option, my sim when over to a chair in the room to sit and then the action canceled. I tried to repeat it several times with the same result.
  • Options
    Taoron wrote: »
    Wait....y'all can make your Toddlers eat? Mine have all been taken away. No matter what you feed them, if they are in the seat, they throw it on the floor. If you give it to them out of the highchair, they walk around and play with it and then throw it on a table. I have three, in three different families, and I cannot get any of them to eat. Everything else has been full green outside of food, which starts at yellow, and now all three families are in full red in all aspects, just from trying to get these kids to eat something. I've never had this much of a problem keeping toddlers. I;'m about to drop them all off at the mall and go home.

Oh NO! I stopped playing shortly after I noticed these problems with putting toddler to bed. Looks like I can expect much worse when I return to the game. I did have some trouble with feeding her, but I just had her eat some fruit out of her inventory because her energy needs were crashing and I wanted to get her to bed.
  • Options
    I cannot "Potty Train" my toddler anymore either. Or Teach Blocks, etc. Toddlers (at least the one I'm playing) seems to be majorly glitched since the last patch for me.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    edited July 2019
    The biggest issue I’m having with toddlers right now is that they won’t change outfits when going to bed. They’ll do the spin, but nothing will actually change.
    Then they’ll climb into bed, sit there, then climb back out. Do another clothes-changing-spin, which still doesn’t change their outfit. Climb back into bed again and then finally go to sleep.

Another, but more minor issue is that my toddlers can’t seem to drink out of their sippycups. It can be offered to them, but they’ll lose the action and then the option on the cup disappears.

Toddlers not being able to be put to bed by someone else was an issue I was having before the patch, but I’m pretty sure I saw in the notes that it was supposedly fixed. I haven’t experienced that bug since then.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I have this bug consistently where the toddler gets a toy or plate stuck but you can’t always see it. So I click “go here” and let them stand idle, then they show what’s in their hand. Then I reset the toddler and the object is removed from their hand. So it’s an easy fix, when you know what to do, but it’s annoying. I have to watch the toddlers like a hawk now when I play.
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    For some reason the toddlers won't stay in bed in the save I've been playing -- I need to play a few other savegames to see if the same is true there, though. I had to give up on them and just age them into children.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    @Smellincoffee - that’s a result of the same bug I am talking about. Try following the steps I described above and see if that works for you.
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    @babajayne Ooh, thanks! Come to think of it, yeah, they were carrying plates of the food they were too exhausted to eat. I hope this is mended soon.
  • Options
    legolizeitlegolizeit Posts: 51 Member
    Yes, I am having several issues with toddlers. I'm not sure which bugs are new from the patch since this is the first time I've played toddlers in a long time.
    Anyway here are my problems:

1.) Toddlers get things stuck in hands and can no longer complete interactions.
    — temporary solution: reset toddler

2.) Toddlers spam "run inside" interaction when they are already inside (especially annoying when they are in the highchair because it causes them to constantly ask to get out).
    — temporary solution: turn off
    thunderstorms and blizzards

3.) Adults sit in nearby chairs, instead of on the bed, when they are supposed to "read toddler to sleep", causing the toddler to route fail.
    — temporary solution: use MOO to hide
    shrunken end tables inside offending
    chairs (chairs become unusable)

Toddlers are super frustrating to play right now. I hope there is a fix soon!
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    My sims can hug toddlers with no issues. But! After almost every meal there is a plate stucked on their palm. OMG!!! They can't do any task with the plate so I have to reset them every single time after they've eaten their meal. OMG!!! Also the highchairs.... The constant taking toddlers out of them is a real pain. I have never experienced it so often like after the latest patch. Seriously! OMG!!!

Same! I've never had a lot of issues with highchairs but now I do and holy cow it's annoying. And it's not helped one bit by their toys constantly getting stuck to their hands :joy: So yeah, let's pray for a fix soon, cause I usually love toddlers. Now I can't wait for them to age up :D
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Last night I had my toddler purchase a book and it’s stuck in his hand. He won’t potty nor sleep. I turned the game off but I hope resetting will help...

Just reset the sim, it will fix it and make them drop whatever they're currently desperately holding on to
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    My toddler had a plate stuck in her hand today. And, for some reason, her tablet had stuck to the door of her room. Also, her mom only allowed her to eat half of a meal before removing her from the high chair. Mom then proceeded to put her down and pick her up again 2-3 times, and then ended up placing her in the high chair again eventually, where I had the toddler finish the meal.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I've only seen toys and books stuck to toddlers, plates and tablets are fine. They won't finish their meal properly, though, it is interrupted by autonomous things they want to do. So I have to tell them to finish the meal after they put the plate away. Of course they go to the furthest away coffee table, instead of the kitchen counter right next to their chair ... :#