Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I might have accidentally sold my sim's dad

Yes, I'm dumb.

Normally, I like to keep my sims' family tree intact. I recently started a graveyard so I can keep tabs on my graves. But then I got the notification that a certain sim's ghost was fading away.

Problem is, I don't know where his urn is. And when I went to check the one place where it might have been (his old house), it turns out that the house was empty. Maybe I accidentally forgot to put my sims urn in his son's inventory before he moved, and it was sold?

Any way I can fix this? Find the old guy ghost and reclaim him before he's culled? I can't go back to an early save, because the house was a looooong time ago and I don't have those saves anymore.

(And can I just say how much I hate the culling system?)
ugMcxZk.jpeg
The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017

Comments

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,478 Member
    I wonder if you could add his ghost to your household if his grave or urn would materialize so you could regain control. Can you see the ghost in the Management panel? If so, you can add him from there and see if that works. Also, you could mark him as played to protect him from culling if you find him in the household management. I think that would protect him as well.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    AmandรจleAmandรจle Posts: 378 Member
    There is a mod that allows you to get the urn of any Sim in the world. I think it's from littlemssam.
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • Options
    BilmoBlampkinsBilmoBlampkins Posts: 226 Member
    Imagine selling people is Sims 4 lmao
  • Options
    RosybearRosybear Posts: 51 Member
    Imagine selling people is Sims 4 lmao

literally tho I screamed when I read the title of this thread
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I personally like the culling system - I get quite annoyed with ghosts spamming their kids and grandkids with endless texts. However, your title did make my day. :)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Lol I get it's frustrating but it's also kind of cool. I know now that when I next get an urn and it's for a Sim that doesn't get along with their Son or Daughter in Law, I'm going to have a go at selling it! A bit of a had to put up with you in life, don't have to have you around in death scenario.
  • Options
    cooldood555cooldood555 Posts: 82 Member
    lol, the ex must have had a really good lawyer to get your Sim's dad in the divorce. Glad you found him!
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,430 Member
    I don't think this is the kind of realism we were asking for in The Sims 4...
  • Options
    PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    Hands down the best title for a thread I've seen this month.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • Options
    CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    This thread needs to go in the weekly highlights. Peak sims content right here.
  • Options
    Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    Definitely the best thread today, hands down. Between selling a sim with a house to losing them in the divorce, this made for some hilarious reading.

There's a mod, I think you can find it in the Mod the Sims website, that overrides the culling system. It's been around a while so not sure how it holds up these days. And you can set the maximum number of sims before culling pretty high in the game settings as well.
  • Options
    spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    edited June 2019
    What We really need is a Graveyard in each world with manage the dead option like we had in Sims 3... Please put this request in to EA somebody, I am new on using forums but not a new player, I have been playing since the Original Sims and this is the only version since the original that it is not possible to make a graveyard. It's not very realistic to bury Your Sims in the yard and then Your stuck with a Ghost.. I have a sim that acts badly to them..lol.
  • Options
    puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    The title, tho. Classic Sims. lol
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,893 Member
    This thread is beautiful <3
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    lol, the ex must have had a really good lawyer to get your Sim's dad in the divorce. Glad you found him!

Lol, I was already laughing a bit, after reading yours I couldn't stop, that's so funny
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,654 Member
    The title reminds me of the good old days when you can just use move objects on and select a sim to delete him in buy mode, which is a cheat to reset all his needs - back in The Sims 1. Who remembers that? ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™€๏ธ I'm old. LOL.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    DeKay wrote: ยป
    The title reminds me of the good old days when you can just use move objects on and select a sim to delete him in buy mode, which is a cheat to reset all his needs - back in The Sims 1. Who remembers that? ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™€๏ธ I'm old. LOL.

You know that is exactly what I was thinking when I read the title. I was like wow that can happen in sims 4...LOL
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

I exploited that like hell back then. :D Turns out they're tough to please when I tried playing without cheats

I also tried that when I got Sims 2 for the first time and was in for a nasty surprise
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,654 Member

You know that is exactly what I was thinking when I read the title. I was like wow that can happen in sims 4...LOL

Heck yeah!! XD

I exploited that like hell back then. :D Turns out they're tough to please when I tried playing without cheats

I also tried that when I got Sims 2 for the first time and was in for a nasty surprise

It was the only reason to use move objects on, for me. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

Heck yeah!! XD

It was the only reason to use move objects on, for me. :D

Well that, and so we could laugh at the naked unpixelated sims when we removed the shower :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hmm... My understanding is that if you release the ghost yourself from the gravestone then all relationships will stay intact. Has worked for me so far at least.

However, I agree. We need a graveyard or something like that.