Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your Island Living Rating

Comments

• Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    I'm gonna rate 7 out of 10 cause I miss reggae music, I think we're gonna get it in the second Caribbean update

I haven't voted yet because I am still playing it for a while. I just wanted to say the island music is terrible. I literally HATE it. I usually love all the sim music stations but this one is bad. I really wish they added reggae now for sure.
  • Options
    I wouldn't rate it a 10 , 9, 8 or even a 7 . A Solid 6 . Because its lacking too many activities, even if they chose to scrap features from Island Living , they could have made up for it with a lot more activities. However, even though Im still in CAS , due to a strange glitch? or because of cc (i deleted all of it) I really like the new clothes! <3 A LOT. And I like the new hair . A LOT. And I really , really like the mermaids.

I did find Natalis cage and crystal hoop earrings were causing my sims clothing to disappear. I had to delete them.
  • Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    Sims 3 island paradise -as laggy as it was- is far far superior to this pack - Matthew Harper
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    AtSimmeringSimsAtSimmeringSims Posts: 10 New Member
    LOVE IT!!!!! Can't wait to get It ^_^ ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I love it! I am so impressed by the scenery, it seems that 64 bit is a lot more detailed and the plants and trees don't have a "square" appearance like they did before the update.

I can't get over how much more I love this pack over Sims 3 Island Paradise. The mermaids are much imo and I adore the dolphins...best thing in this pack.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    BrokenWheelsBrokenWheels Posts: 579 Member
    edited June 2019
    I have to be honest....I have had no sleep. I have been playing for 7 to 8 hours straight and I’m so tired but I cannot go to sleep. HELP!

EDIT: And BTW I love the pack. The thing I was playing for 7 to 8 hours straight was the pack and nothing else.
    rawr rawr origin id: mwood7683
    tenor.gif?itemid=5566087
  • Options
    PhloxPhlox Posts: 32 Member
    edited June 2019
    Although I loved island paradise, it became too laggy for me to play in the end - so IL is far superior for me. I'd give it 10 if it had hotels, but even without; it's gorgeous. My Sim enjoys just painting seascapes from her balcony, having a chat with a local dolphin and absorbing the good weather - bliss so far. I can see my Sims will be spending a lot of time in this world :smile:
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Loving the pack. The mermaids are fantastic. I played Island Paradise in sims 3 and while I loved almost everything about that pack, I never took to the mermaids in it. This time around they just suit me. Not giving it a 10 because I would have liked house boats and resorts. I am not really bothered with no underwater diving, because though it was included in sims 3 it felt more like a novelty than anything else, once I had dived a couple of times it got kinda boring to me. I think it was a good idea, but it didn't keep my attention for long.
  • Options
    BrokenWheelsBrokenWheels Posts: 579 Member
    Hi
    Sara1010P wrote: »
    Loving the pack. The mermaids are fantastic. I played Island Paradise in sims 3 and while I loved almost everything about that pack, I never took to the mermaids in it. This time around they just suit me. Not giving it a 10 because I would have liked house boats and resorts. I am not really bothered with no underwater diving, because though it was included in sims 3 it felt more like a novelty than anything else, once I had dived a couple of times it got kinda boring to me. I think it was a good idea, but it didn't keep my attention for long.
    Yes I would have like them to add house boats or resorts but I don’t think that should be the reason we shouldn’t enjoy the pack. This is an really limited experience because for some people it may not be working and they don’t get it. So just enjoy it like it is and be grateful for what you get. (No Offense)

rawr rawr origin id: mwood7683
    tenor.gif?itemid=5566087
  • Options
    CAF84CAF84 Posts: 113 Member
    edited June 2019
    Personally, I haven’t been enormously inspired by this pack. The world is stunning, so so stunning, and I love the new feel it gives to the game. I have loved building in this pack. The attention to detail is just getting better and better. However, it does feel like there aren’t enough new objects and the attention to detail has meant fewer new objects. I have been building with only island living checked off and I find there are so many items missing (i.e. kitchen island units to match the new counters, any furniture matching the new bar - which is amazing, but I want to extend it, nothing comes even close -, more living furniture in the same theme, like a bookcase or hutch etc.). My biggest rub is that there aren’t more decor items. Wall wise, my builds are looking so samey with the same wall decors everywhere. It feels like it is a toss up between attention to detail and quantity and this time around the balance has been in favour of quality.

In terms of gameplay, I am not as engaged with this pack as I have been with previous ones. And after an hour or so, my attention was waning. I am missing the introduction of a game-changing new gameplay feature. It feels like we haven’t got one this time around. It honestly has more of a game pack feel to it (though even Jungle Adventure had a new gameplay feature that drew me in). I am not interested in occults or other life forms, so haven’t explored (and probably won’t explore) mermaids, but it feels like the other things to do are quite small and the pack is reliant on the beautiful world as its main draw. I definitely don’t feel like this has as many new things to do as an expansion pack should.

I had very high hopes after the pack leaked, then felt a bit concerned after the announcement because I couldn’t see any new big features and now it has released, I feel disappointed that there isn’t a new major aspect of the game to explore (just smaller things that aren’t all that attention-keeping for me).

I will definitely give it more of a chance before I fully make my mind up, but yesterday evening, after only playing a little bit, I got bored and started doing other things as I played. Never a good sign.
  • Options
    RosybearRosybear Posts: 51 Member
    Maybe Im biased because I never played or even cared about any of the other island living type expansion packs, but this one is just amazing.
    When I saw the trailer I groaned, looked so boring to me, but once I started watching gameplay I was so intrigued and had to buy it straight away, and so far I love it!
    Absolutely love how calm Island life is, its a great environment for more chill and kinda natural families, and tbh seeing my sims chill makes me chill :)
    Altho in a way I wish there were features like hotels etc. I feel like this pack didn't need it and wasn't going in that direction anyways, and that altho it has a similar name to past packs it doesn't need to be the same as them - if they were the same, there'd be no point in buying it!
  • Options
    Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    I love it! It's beautiful and really gives the vibe of Island Living well.
    But I do wish we could run a resort or hotel.
    Plus owning multiply lots would have been the cherry on the cake.
    My city sims would love an vacation house in Sulani.
  • Options
    ceinwynieceinwynie Posts: 162 Member
    edited June 2019
    I’m loving it so far, first I wasn’t very excited about it, but I love it so much, the beach just gives me a peaceful . I spent 5 hours straight playing this expansion, I love the scenery so much, I love how there is always people at the beach swimming and doing stuff. But, I won’t give 10 stars because I wanted more, I think they have added some volleyball at the beach and the ability to teach toddlers to swim.

ps.: not about the expansion but can they please give me some cuddle moments in bed? I would love to have my sims dance together a romantic song, salsa and other types of music, I want my couple to cuddle and have more romantic interactions.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    CAF84 wrote: »
    Personally, I haven’t been enormously inspired by this pack. The world is stunning, so so stunning, and I love the new feel it gives to the game. I have loved building in this pack. The attention to detail is just getting better and better. However, it does feel like there aren’t enough new objects and the attention to detail has meant fewer new objects. I have been building with only island living checked off and I find there are so many items missing (i.e. kitchen island units to match the new counters, any furniture matching the new bar - which is amazing, but I want to extend it, nothing comes even close -, more living furniture in the same theme, like a bookcase or hutch etc.). My biggest rub is that there aren’t more decor items. Wall wise, my builds are looking so samey with the same wall decors everywhere. It feels like it is a toss up between attention to detail and quantity and this time around the balance has been in favour of quality.

In terms of gameplay, I am not as engaged with this pack as I have been with previous ones. And after an hour or so, my attention was waning. I am missing the introduction of a game-changing new gameplay feature. It feels like we haven’t got one this time around. It honestly has more of a game pack feel to it (though even Jungle Adventure had a new gameplay feature that drew me in). I am not interested in occults or other life forms, so haven’t explored (and probably won’t explore) mermaids, but it feels like the other things to do are quite small and the pack is reliant on the beautiful world as its main draw. I definitely don’t feel like this has as many new things to do as an expansion pack should.

I had very high hopes after the pack leaked, then felt a bit concerned after the announcement because I couldn’t see any new big features and now it has released, I feel disappointed that there isn’t a new major aspect of the game to explore (just smaller things that aren’t all that attention-keeping for me).

I will definitely give it more of a chance before I fully make my mind up, but yesterday evening, after only playing a little bit, I got bored and started doing other things as I played. Never a good sign.

I feel the same way.
  • Options
    PhillipaErdnussPhillipaErdnuss Posts: 74 Member
    For me, IL is a clear 10! I love it. Best EP ever for me. I like that Sulani is so big (Strangerville and Del Sol Valley are so small…) It realls gives me a feeling of vacation. I love the nature they created. At first I thought what a pity there are not Hotels... but now I think… my Sims can go there for a day and when they are tired they return home to sleep in their own beds. I watched many Videos About what is possible in Sulani and I haven't experienced a tenth of it by now. There will be so much more to explore and try with my Sims.
    Phillipa Erdnuss
    Mayoress of SimCity and all associated districts
    Let this cart-button disappear!
  • Options
    HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Nice culture. But Strangerville felt more like an expansion pack than this... Maybe I haven't digged deep enough. And I'm not a fan of the tropical worlds. Also, I feel the "pride" is overly represented on such a small and traditional island. I really like the Nalali npc though. I wonder why she hides her tail when swimming...
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Junkrat voice: I give it a 10!

Truly, I was not at all interested in this pack, but Sulani, the water and the new CAS and build items are spectacular. This is a good pack.
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Hejix wrote: »
    Nice culture. But Strangerville felt more like an expansion pack than this... Maybe I haven't digged deep enough. And I'm not a fan of the tropical worlds. Also, I feel the "pride" is overly represented on such a small and traditional island. I really like the Nalali npc though. I wonder why she hides her tail when swimming...

I was less disappointed with strangerville for the simple fact that it was a game pack for $20.00 . For an EP, Island Living doesnt deliver much. And the worst part for me personally is how EA launches games with so many problems.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    @CAF84: I don't know if this will suit you, but I often get new wall decor by checking the gallery; there are a number of talented simmers who upload rooms full of NON-CC paintings. If you filter by rooms & use the hashtag #paintings (or #art or #deco or #walldeco, etc.), you'll soon be able to identify simmers you want to follow, and after that you can use the filter for those you are following.)

I'm still waiting for EA to provide 'old' (museum-worthy) paintings of nonwhite sims in the deco catalog. We have a number of seemingly 'historic' portraits of white sims, but (unless IL provides some?) none of sims who originated outside of SimEurope. A few simmers have uploaded more diverse portraits, but the art style is different than what's in-game already. (I haven't checked the gallery in ages, though--perhaps someone's uploaded the sort of thing I'm looking for since I last looked. I'd like National-Art-Gallery-style portraits that my sims from North American tribes, Central & South America, Africa, the Middle East, India, Cambodia, Japan, China, etc. --could hang on their walls as part of their heritage.)

I hope IL adds such portraits for sims from Polynesia? :smile:
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Hi
    Sara1010P wrote: »
    Yes I would have like them to add house boats or resorts but I don’t think that should be the reason we shouldn’t enjoy the pack. This is an really limited experience because for some people it may not be working and they don’t get it. So just enjoy it like it is and be grateful for what you get. (No Offense)

I am not offended in the least. While I would have loved those options to be added I am very much in love with what this pack has to offer just the same, but it still only gets a 9 from me as without those features it is not perfect to me.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Alright I gave it a 7.

Lifeguard as a rabbithole is horrible..still gave it a 5

The world is BEAUTIFUL. I gave it a 10

I found the conservation career entertaining. Also the global initiative thing is awesome and it affects all the worlds like fishing certain species, making everything organically grown which would increase bills for all etc. Really cool. I ran into a few issues but I still gave it a 9.

I had gamebreaking bugs like bad routing. The luxury beach gives me lots of issues. Eating Kalua pork give child of the ocean the stomach squall eating debuff like the sim at fish. Gave it a 5 for the bugs...I cant even go to the luxury beach right now. Seashell CRAZY spawn. I can pick up about 20 because they keep spawning on top of each other.

The townsquare festival is just horrible. There is no notification anything is going on. The sims are not really doing anything. I wish they would have let me have that as a 64x64 lot, so I could make a nice lava park LOL. Useless space. I gave it a 5 but it easily could have been a 4 or lower.

Weather is really good. The rain makes the sand look like wet sand. It is really realistic and very well done. 10

The banana leaf grill. I love it and it was something I requested and was hoping for so I was excited when I saw it. It is really sad that they reused MANY recipes...WHY omg. I really wanted to see the pig with the apple in the mouth just saying. I gave it a 7. I forgot to add why have the tofurkey and not the turkey recipe for the banana leaf grill.

Water sports\swimming\diving\snorkle - updated swimming animations are awesome. I love the jet skis and canoe but ugh I would have loved to have more than one sim on both. Diving as a rabbit hole...bleh..gameplay is boring. Snorkle is boring..I don't know surface swimming is like swimming in a pool. In the ocean I expected a little more...maybe not a dive spot but we should have at least been able to go below the surface and really spear fish or see the coral. I gave it a 7 for the animations and at least adding water vehicles which I was surprised about.

I haven't played with odd jobs or off the grid yet but I can't imagine my number would be too off from where it is now.
  • Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    This pack is and will be my favorite EP for The Sims 4 FOREVER!
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    They added satin bonnets for sims. Nuff said.

Satin bonnets!? That right there gets an immediate score of 8 from me and I dont even have the pack.
  • Options
    aabroadyaabroady Posts: 59 Member
    I gave it a 9 because of the rabbit holes for snorkeling/diving, plus the limitations on mermaids when it comes to them working in the Conservationist career. I was also hoping the careers that came in this pack would be more like the ones from GTW and GF, that you could accompany them to work and accomplish tasks. But overall I love the new features and Sulani is gorgeous.
    tumblr_inline_pthe8zHeJT1rorsjo_1280.png
    Gallery ID: aabroady
  • Options
    PorkeeCorkeePorkeeCorkee Posts: 9 New Member
    I would sadly hav to say I rate a 5. Dont get me wrong, I love it. Yes there is lots of cool activities, careers and exloring to do but I was SOoooo dissapointed to find out that there will be no underwater world to explore like in Sims 3 Island Paradise :/ :( :'( I waited in anticipation feeling like I was sitting on a fire ant nest for the game to release, spent 8hrs playing then finally threw in the towel when the realisation sank in that swimming as a mermaid, snorkeling and petting a dolphin is the closest you'll get to the ocean below :(