Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your Island Living Rating

Sooo since Island Living is already out in many parts of the world, or will be very very soon, I wanted to make this poll for those who are still on the fence about getting this pack!

So, once you've had the chance to spend some time with it, you can help your fellow simmers out by rating it on a scale from 1-10 and by telling them what you think :)

Happy Island Living time everyone!
Ek4Mw8Q.png

Your Island Living Rating 272 votes

1%
bleedin9mascarasillehbeeBagoas77EliteGirl 4 votes
0%
freindlylol 1 vote
1%
c_ferrisnovatlansoundsubhumandepthsNushka 4 votes
3%
Nh6650CinebarAmj1995SajahiTechbiltquinhobpRae357Gordystaywithcallie 9 votes
5%
Hejixgot2gameDarkLady2788Harukotyanbixtersrambahadoerkinot9229SavvySimmieAineshnailehHorrorgirl6Vivi_WillowTreeWispyejadonbakesPorkeeCorkeeplumboy23 16 votes
9%
CK213alan650111AlexaioveronGoldenBuffyElegantblkchina1CAF84bevilleFelicityDasakalaKniga_SitaraetoniaFrancl27tadeoalonso2BamajamOldeseadoggeRebeccaLynnMidnightAuraBatmanSimmerRedShoe7 27 votes
16%
aprilroseStilettoBlackdanacnbrettxMintkeekee53jcs7219CynnaAlexizemock68AngelluluPegasyssimmietimelovejess212JEREMIAAquarius94GracieO312CAITLINX354SelinaKylesAlbaWaterhouseChadSims2 44 votes
21%
Akl500PKita5399IcewolfJaseMichelleWaelias24HowGreatThouArtashtonfx899SimpatsyannAlrynnjustChrisUkelanorbretonsimgirl1010liliaethJesskifruitsbasket101SxcDannii202shandra2183MeepersimSerendipity38 59 votes
18%
auroraael14julienrob2004Sara1010PaabroadyNighteyesmcruddIsb917Phloxphantom121294Paigeisin5SavorySageNivyxmjalletOnendOnliYazzieashcrash19RosybearDaB1gVCheekybitsdctf344LissyK9 51 votes
20%
bshag4lvicmnfrshGumbyLaBlue0314bandit5IceyJapplefeather2Writin_Reghappysimmer2007Beardedgeekfriendlysimmerscchant86Aeroprincess87dragonfreakcatloverplayerFreygeaWinterKhirinHimRumitaydevemere 57 votes

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,948 Member
    edited June 2019
    going with 9 I love what they have done with it but I also think they missed few good opportunities that I don't see coming in other type of pack and I got bit sad over that because I really wanted those but also there is so much good content I really should not be complaining
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited June 2019
    Played for about 5 or 6 hours straight and I loved every single moment of it please

And I haven't even gotten far in the new careers, met an elemental, seen a volcanic rock, tried most of the mermaid powers, or experienced a community event in Sulani

Would it have been nice to get stuff like surfing, hotels, or houseboats? Sure, but I still think the pack is pretty solid without those things
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    It won’t be out for another 7-12 hours for me 😢 rip 🤣
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Played for about 5 or 6 hours straight and I loved every single moment of it please

And I haven't even gotten far in the new careers, met an elemental, seen a volcanic rock, tried most of the mermaid powers, or experienced a community even in Sulani

Would it have been nice to get stuff like surfing, hotels, or houseboats? Sure, but I still think the pack is pretty solid without those things

That reminds me! I haven't met an elemental yet :D No dolphin either. But I love my mermaid's ability to change the weather and sleep on the ocean. Super useful <3

@Mindsimscreate really close now though! You're welcome to drop your rating later if you'd like. :love:
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I'm gonna rate 7 out of 10 cause I miss reggae music, I think we're gonna get it in the second Caribbean update
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    I voted 10 as it is so full of awesome! :heart::heart::heart:
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    I'm rating it a 9 because it does feel different then playing in other worlds. Sulani is more relaxed, just something about laying in the water watching the sun go down is very relaxing. This pack also does a very good job at not wanting you to keep your sims in their house all day. I've been playing for 4 hours and my sim has only went into her house 3 times. 2 times to use the washroom and the first time when the island welcome wagon came. Every other time my sim is swimming or sleeping in the water, she hasn't even slept in her bed yet. I like the community area(?) a lot. Sims are always meeting up there and doing events and get together. My sim went there and had a bbq with some other sims around the neighborhood. The world is just BEAUTIFUL! Seriously... I never looked a world in the sims 4 before I was always more into the houses they were living in. This is the opposite I don't even remember what the house looks like. The only thing I wish was that we could earthier buy vacation homes or choose to rent or buy the homes in Sulani because this life won't get your sims much money its more like a place you retire to.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    @Cheekybits agreed that the world is super super pretty! And just watching my sim play her guitar gives me huge chill vibes <3 just played for 7 hours or so? And I had a ton of fun. Now going to sleep and back to the island tomorrow :blush:
  • CrownSimsCrownSims Posts: 470 Member
    edited June 2019
    Lucky ducks, I have to wait 4 more hours :(
  • uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    A huge 10! Best pack ever. <3
    World is stunning, love the outriggers and being on and in the water. Still so much to see and do.
    Odd jobs perfect for my beach comber
    Just what I need for a cold winters weekend, some tropical heat!
    Thank you Sims 4 crew!!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2019
    It'd be a 10 if sims could go to active underwater lots/if it had hotels. But overall I'd say it's a solid 8. The pack works amazingly, it's pretty, it has a lot of new gameplay features, really great.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member
    I can't play it for a little over 2 hours. It isn't available until 11pm where I am, and it's currently 8:44pm :confounded:
    ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    The world is gorgeous, the beaches is so lively seeing sims swim around to snorkeling and lounging about and sailing, loving the new foods and drinks, the island events and mermaids. Love that sims can interact with the sandy terrain and I can make a little toddler sand box in the back yard as well. Cas and build/buy is great. The new music station is nice.

Only wish for a few more beach and water activities to make this near perfect. Like:

-Frisbee
    -Volleyball
    -Marco Polo
    -Having a picnic on the beach
    -Burying a sim in the sand

Other that I've been playing for hours really enjoying it.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I don't even have it yet and I'm giving it a 9.

It would have been nice to have more activities as others have mentioned, plus it would have been very useful to have either functioning rental lots there or a hotel lot type so one can do a holiday properly without having to use mods.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I'm guessing 10 is best?
  • ahoychristieahoychristie Posts: 88 Member
    Yeah I'm giving it a 9 too. It's just too beautiful! I just realised I've been playing for almost 7 hours now too. I played as a mermaid coming onto land and trying out a human life and now I'm playing with one of my mains (2 adults and a toddler). It's amazing. There's so much to do. I still haven't done a lot and I've been playing it for this long. Still exploring places. And just the CAS and everything in build and buy. SO good. Defs worth buying. There's heaps you'd be missing out on imo. I totally get what everyone means when they talk about the vibe and the locals too. It's so chill and nice.
  • Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    No underwater world, no hotels, diving only as rabbit hole. Many mesh objects from before. It is mean datadisc Nice map, but that is all
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'm giving it a 7 for not enough group activities no surfing and only 2 club activities dive in water and conservation what about riding the aqua zips.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • LissyK9LissyK9 Posts: 205 Member
    The only reason I didn't give a full ten was because there is no way to go underwater with you sims. Otherwise, this is a full and complete expation pack for me. I'm loving it, and I feel like I have plenty of content to explore that will take me a while to experience it all.
  • TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    Bamajam wrote: »
    I might be one of the few that is glad there is no hotels or vacation spots. Tourists would ruin the feel in my opinion.
    ^^^
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited June 2019
    I really like it, and I've been waiting for this since the beginning. The scenery is nice! Although it's lacking in some features such as non-rabbit hole diving, hotels, etc it still offers everything that I personally wanted out of the expansion.
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    I wouldn't rate it a 10 , 9, 8 or even a 7 . A Solid 6 . Because its lacking too many activities, even if they chose to scrap features from Island Living , they could have made up for it with a lot more activities. However, even though Im still in CAS , due to a strange glitch? or because of cc (i deleted all of it) I really like the new clothes! <3 A LOT. And I like the new hair . A LOT. And I really , really like the mermaids.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    Bones I have to pick
    • Mermaids cant swim underwater, and dont like how they need to gasp for air while swimming
    • No underwater lots, a perfect habitat for our mermaids. Aliens had one which this ep should have had also
    • Lack of hotel management and pool activities and some traditional cultures
    • Oversaturated with reused animations and mechanics from other packs, makes them less valued i guess

Other than that, this pack is LIT
    y'all got bread?
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i give it a 100 excelant rating (10) for short
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(