Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Share your Sulani households!

Comments

• Options
    MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member
    I haven't really played it yet, 'cause my laptop can't handle it (have a new desktop on the way, until then...), but I created this merman just to celebrate the release. The idea behind it was that since he isn't human, he doesn't really grasp all the subtleties of being human, for example, how we unnecessarily gender clothes. He just wears what he likes. Which often leads to people suspecting he is a mermaid, but of course 'what would make you think that?' :o

t4bRPpo.png

aeV2vXB.png
  • Options
    djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 643 Member
    PNUWU1x.jpg

This is my Sim Maelani Velasco. I don’t have a backstory for her yet, but I will soon. 💙

She is beautiful
  • Options
    djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 643 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »
    My very happy outdorsy sim, Jay Montes, out fishing. We've been exploring a lot, but I've only taken 2 pics so far. He has a small house in town, the premade next to Ohan'ali Beach. He's hardly been there, though. Made the Caldera Camp on Mua Pel'am a generic lot, with some improvements, and he's living there a couple days now and then. I only need to take him to town when he gets too lonely. The people that frequent Mua Pel'am are usually too spread out, and usually too far away from where he is at the time. He's not found loooove yet, but I'm sure he will :) (I just have to approve :p )

XSZj8fw.png

what a hunk <3

• Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,891 Member
    edited June 2019
    My very happy outdorsy sim, Jay Montes, out fishing. We've been exploring a lot, but I've only taken 2 pics so far. He has a small house in town, the premade next to Ohan'ali Beach. He's hardly been there, though. Made the Caldera Camp on Mua Pel'am a generic lot, with some improvements, and he's living there a couple days now and then. I only need to take him to town when he gets too lonely. The people that frequent Mua Pel'am are usually too spread out, and usually too far away from where he is at the time. He's not found loooove yet, but I'm sure he will :) (I just have to approve :p )

XSZj8fw.png

what a hunk <3

He's adorable and fun to play :) So SOOO happy when he can be out fishing and showering in the waterfall hahah
    He's a romantic as well, and often lovelorn because "he" hasn't found the right woman (or man!) yet :#
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I love all these house hold ideas so much
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited June 2019
    I don't have the best pics of my generation family in Sulani but this is the first days there:
    48105647268_fe52266db7_b.jpg
    48105715782_d341b91a0d_b.jpg
    48105596181_d227faf4ef_b.jpg
    48105647148_c4feff35d7_b.jpg
    48105715502_4cf34a50eb_b.jpg
    48105646928_1872c668fa_b.jpg
    48105646908_343c62556c_b.jpg
    my sims' lives have been so busy, I haven't had the time to explore the island at all. I had my first and only so far day at the beach and well... it started raining :D The dad got the other son and ran home with him. The blond tot is my gen 17 heir.
    So it's mum, dad and two twin sons. Plus a cat.

As for the backstory... the sim in my signature, gen 15 became a spiritual one. Was a massage therapist and meditated a lot and was well into wellness skill. She married an outdoorsy gardener. Their son is also the outdoorsy type, the dad in the pics. He's more into Granite Falls though. But the mum in pics is a desert girl, Oasis Springs so Sulani is all good for her and she likes her flower arrangement hobby. And then little blond toddler will do the environmental thing in Sulan ionce he grows up.

I wasn't sure I'd even get the game before the holidays but I did. I'll play more over the weekend so. I deserve this! lol I've had terrible health since ferbruary.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member

XSZj8fw.png

Oh, you should definitely upload him to the gallery!
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Wow! So many cool Sims are moving to Sulani.
    I love it <3
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I revamped the couple I'd been attached to and love how they look in Island Living attire! Sophia is a Child of the Island and Brett is a Child of the Sea, but he's not a merman. Not sure who their daughter will take after. I also have to renovate their house to have a second bedroom for the baby.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    Amapola76 wrote: »

I put him on the gallery last night. He has Luumia's body hair, and I use a default skin replacement, but he is otherwise CC-free. Just search for Jay Montes :)

• Options
    HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    First thing I did this morning was make a mermaid, that is merman.
    tumblr_ptglegcLJQ1v8k7elo2_1280.jpg
    This is his human form:
    tumblr_ptglegcLJQ1v8k7elo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ptglegcLJQ1v8k7elo5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ptglegcLJQ1v8k7elo4_1280.jpg
    You can find him on the Gallery here.

And I also made some test Sims, or gave them a makeover if you like.
    Stephanie
    tumblr_ptgnbzytjP1v8k7elo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ptgnbzytjP1v8k7elo5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ptgnbzytjP1v8k7elo10_1280.jpg

Luis
    tumblr_ptgnbzytjP1v8k7elo2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ptgnbzytjP1v8k7elo6_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ptgnbzytjP1v8k7elo7_1280.jpg

Niamh
    tumblr_ptgnbzytjP1v8k7elo4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ptgnbzytjP1v8k7elo8_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ptgnbzytjP1v8k7elo9_1280.jpg

Shelby
    tumblr_ptgnbzytjP1v8k7elo3_1280.jpg

You can also find them on the Gallery as well :)

I LOVE your merman. ;)
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    So, after playing with the pack in a more general, discovery-sort of way, I've now created my tribe which I'll play in a semi-challenge kind of way.
    rnR071b.png

They all wear very similar clothing as you can see. The woman on the left (Okalani Mahoe) is married to the man next to her, Ariki Mahoe. He is the chief of this tribe. In my mind, his ancestors came on the boat that has crashed on the nearby island. They were fishermen and so he, too, became a fisherman. That is how his fishing village came to be.

His son is the toddler, Turi, also the heir to eventually take over. It's a patriarchy. The heirs can marry whomever they want, but they can only be succeeded by their first-born, "human" son (so although they can marry mermaids, male mermaids cannot become the tribe chief). The men go fishing every day, the women garden, take care of the children and do the laundry. Yes, it's all very traditional :joy:

The man and woman on the right are not married, they are both single. The two other kids are hers. I did set her up to be noncommital, while his aspiration is to find a soulmate. You can see where this is going ;)

They live Off the Grid. They have a shared eating space. They can only cook outside on the grill or on the pit. They have shared bathrooms, shared bedrooms (all the kids in one room, all the adults in another), shared hobby room, shared everything basically. Anyhoo, I'll stop blabbering about them and will put the remaining images in spoilers (I got this lot from the gallery and adapted it to my needs btw, I didn't make it) xD Really looking forward to this!!
    4d3dRUt.png
    xMcALYK.png
    dydu9se.png
    PlCM3ij.png
    HsN7Or4.png
    rS6vAcP.png

• Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Here's my household! (The toddler's wearing a pride shirt because I plan for her to be a lesbian.)
    Jennings-Household.png
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I was just testing some things and ended up really liking this chill family, they are Maranda and Kash, really they don't have much of a story just mermaids living a peaceful life..most of the time.
    dw9WoL4l.png
    Kash splashing his wife before I changed his tail.
    1PPensKl.png
    since the neighbors were over I had Maranda make cake for them.
    znizmmWl.png
    AomFOBYl.png
    gZEg5sul.png

While Maranda enjoys some fishing Kash 'plays' with one of their their new friends by tugging her below the ocean, he's not really evil and he knows the risk so it really comes down to not wanting to test his abilities on his precious wife. He also went after her wife maybe it was amusing messing with them because he was a little off. I only showed one of them, but as they both survived well only need to see that once. Much later, unaware of Kash's games, heavily pregnant Maranda floats near the boat so he can fish. He pulled up the heart of sulani, and a voodoo doll instead of fish. Eventually their son Cullio I think I named him was born Maranda couldn't play with being all dried out after labor but she'll see him later, he already loves the ocean just like mama and daddy. The family is cute.
    dedLKOCl.png
    Jonmnozl.png
    7a1iSNjl.png
    kByNasil.png
    Ayy2WAKl.png
    JfRj3CJl.png
    MxD0dTJl.png
    NuZEmq9l.png
    tMVB74Ol.png
    AuhrvVEl.png
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    zLwkb29.jpg

This is Kyana Okoro with Akira her son.
    She just turned mermaid, with the reward.

Gd2gSJG.jpg

She is a freelance writer and has a secret affair with Makoa.
    Akira is his son.
  • Options
    aabroadyaabroady Posts: 59 Member
    edited June 2019
    My Conservationist mermaid, U'ilani Pelekai

tumblr_inline_ptiq58pNxO1rorsjo_1280.png

Just enjoying her natural habitat
    tumblr_inline_ptiqauTd111rorsjo_1280.png

Hydrating on land
    tumblr_inline_ptiqasC98s1rorsjo_1280.png

Fins and fun
    tumblr_inline_ptiqb5jb9B1rorsjo_1280.png

Love on land
    tumblr_inline_ptiqb2d1GH1rorsjo_1280.png

tumblr_inline_pthe8zHeJT1rorsjo_1280.png
    Gallery ID: aabroady
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member

I put him on the gallery last night. He has Luumia's body hair, and I use a default skin replacement, but he is otherwise CC-free. Just search for Jay Montes :)

I can't seem to find him, sadly!
  • Options

I can't seem to find him, sadly!

Did you check the "Include Custom Content" button? I forget to do this myself so many times :)
  • Options
    Rhiannon1307Rhiannon1307 Posts: 147 Member
    @Kathykins: Wow, I'm a bit in love. He is gorgeous and adorable. Probably gonna download him too.

About default skin replacements: I had one, but it wouldn't tan, so I removed it. What experience do you have with tanning and custom skins? I saw other screenshots somewhere of a guy with body hair and tan lines, so I guess there are some replacements that DO work.
  • Options
    I wish we didn't have to be in-game to search for sims that have custom content. That's not fair at all.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Tristen and Sierra in Sulani.
    65027516_911957742480898_5094020470789898240_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQlmg0QdJ_fCNk_2g9BtDeMDNLyYAx_YZqG8q5z3K6QHCLj19e8n34ByFdeIWG0jWqw&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=ab98890ea6d14464699535b08ddfe4fd&oe=5D9113C2
    65114712_911957829147556_9046453877141929984_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_oc=AQmMJXyxqRJNuKw1X7UdnOxtquYhDVuLwfzbOn_Y10pzaVoPYGhnE--FGsvsCKQ2nl4&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=a67a2f3a5c3b5d951dfc4d3edf1511c4&oe=5DBEA631
    64822728_911957875814218_7718169682473123840_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQnAGfCCs7epTrgKHYLMrQiNuvKn84WQxfwewry3r9VBRfXC7_kF6I7qaAALDqw5MDE&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=aa8a0127e94d157987fdc92912f150b9&oe=5DBA99DF
    65097665_911957949147544_7110989640441528320_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQlS79152Ta6JnnYQndETuy4wqyH7Upy0sSPmqY5UvSnTaRqGX4LFxqxHC6Oza0oWuY&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=37c86d3b7b2b5fa59f93eece1577a933&oe=5D88BEA1
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    @Kathykins: Wow, I'm a bit in love. He is gorgeous and adorable. Probably gonna download him too.

About default skin replacements: I had one, but it wouldn't tan, so I removed it. What experience do you have with tanning and custom skins? I saw other screenshots somewhere of a guy with body hair and tan lines, so I guess there are some replacements that DO work.

I'm a bit in love myself! hahah he is actually quite enjoyable to play. He's so easy to make happy, just give him a fishing pole (or an Aqua-zip to race around on!) and he's in heaven :D Also, he's now a merman in my game. His face was glitched, but it worked out eventually. Creepiest thing I ever saw :#

I've had him tan just now, and there is clearly a difference, including tanlines, so I'd say at least the stuff I have from Luumia still works nicely.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    My current avi: Brett and Sophia Hawkins
    48109027788_602a34f849_o.png

Their two kids:
    Kai - Hawaiian for Sea
    Kai as a toddler, and her birthday CAS pic as a kid
    48115973281_e6cde09073_o.png
    48115971141_c6dde2a532_o.png

Blake - this is also a Oceanic name, but I'm not sure what it's meaning is. LOL!
    48116006668_697f9dfa9e_o.png

Edit:
    Found a possible meaning of Blake:
    Its derivation is uncertain; it could come from "blac", a nickname for someone who had dark hair or skin, or from "blaac", a nickname for someone with pale hair or skin.[1] Another theory is that it is a corruption of "Ap Lake", meaning "Son of Lake".

Blake and Kai playing together in the water as Dad, a lifeguard, watches over them:
    (amazingly enough, this last one was taken on Winterfest!)
    48116003078_b1403c2ec6_o.png
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • Options
    Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
    edited June 2019
    This is my creation, Thetis Lachryma, a gloomy mermaid. Her last name is roughly based on the Latin word for crying. She is also paranoid, since she doesn't trust humans much. I'm not actively playing with her, but I added her to Sulani as a townie who is part of my mermaid club. She's a bit of a troublemaker. Yesterday she was a litterbug, and today she wanted to go on a date with my happily married merman Sim.
    Sorry, I seem to be having problems with these images. I hope they are okay and not too big.
    im7SbDV.png

8VF1tQP.jpg
    Post edited by Rococo1256 on
    I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.
  • Options
    I made this sim a little while ago. Meet Isla Waters!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays