Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowing in spring!?!?!

Is this a glitch or is the game supposed to have snow in spring? Ever since I bought Seasons I have loved it, except for it spring because it mostly snows when my sims should be planting seeds. :( All though it is realistic for here in Michigan, I would love the option to turn it on & off for both spring & fall so I can pretend my sims are in a more tropical or desert area. Glitch or not is there a way to fix this problem?

Comments

• Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I think it's meant to do this. It does snow in the spring in some places. At least, it does sometimes where I live.
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    edited June 2019
    Weather depends on your neighborhood, some have 'sunsnow' I think it's called in early spring. How long your seasons are set for might also affect how long it lasts. I don't think there should be any white ground covering in spring though. If you want tropical/desert weather you'll want to move to a neighborhood like Oasis Springs.
    "Spring is the first season of the year. Rain showers and thunderstorms are likely to occur in this season, as well as occasional snow falls alongside sunny days. The snow of last winter will melt away on the first day and trees along with bushes will start to regain their leaves. Roller skating rinks and food stands will also appear in various worlds. Love Day is the pre-made holiday for this season." From Sims wiki.
  • Options
    lvndrlvndr Posts: 40 Member
    I find that, at least in San Myshuno, it tends to be colder in the spring than in the fall, so light snow in the spring definitely isn't uncommon in my game.
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    Yeah doesn't snow in Strangeville as well. Usually have to use the weather machine to do it for fun.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif