Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Skill Do You Like the Least?

For me, it's the handiness skill. I'm always hesitant to have my sims try doing repairs because they have low skill, so I usually have them call the repair service or simply replace the item. When I do let sims repair a sink or a toilet, it makes such a mess! I hate having to tell them to scavenge through the junk and then clean the mess up.

It would sure be nice to have really handy sims who could do upgrades, but I never seem to get them too high with their handiness skill. (I know, I could use cheats, and maybe sometime I will.)

Is there a skill that you don't like?

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Herbalism because it's a pain in the
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Hmmm I’m also with herbalism mainly because I never use it since it is such a pain to do.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I think my least favorite is video-gaming. I use the video games to get fun up quickly, but I don't actively seek the skill out. I don't have any level 10 mischief-makers either.

As to the handiness, I make every sim fix their own things. (lol I guess because I do irl!) And I have several herbalists in my game. I guess we all just play different so it's good there's a variety for everyone who plays!
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    For me, it's the handiness skill. I'm always hesitant to have my sims try doing repairs because they have low skill, so I usually have them call the repair service or simply replace the item. When I do let sims repair a sink or a toilet, it makes such a mess! I hate having to tell them to scavenge through the junk and then clean the mess up.

It would sure be nice to have really handy sims who could do upgrades, but I never seem to get them too high with their handiness skill. (I know, I could use cheats, and maybe sometime I will.)

I'm not too fond of the mischief skill. Why is that even a skill?
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Mine is either Charisma or Mischief. They both seem excruciatingly long and slow to level up.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 304 Member
    Mixology. Can't stand it & never have my Sims learn it.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Probably mischief. Once you've watched the various mischief interactions once or twice, they're not that entertaining and there aren't a lot of fun alternatives for raising it.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited June 2019
    Never thought of that. But I know the charisma skill grows way too fast during social interactions. I mean, my sims just have a regular work/school life and some friends and they all blink out in that skill. I feel it should be toned down a little.

Post edited by FurSimsOfficial on
  • Options
    SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    Flower arranging skill. I just find it super boring and tedious.
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Photography is probably my least favourite skill to gain, although I like the concept. I just find it quite tedious having to take so many photos. I also agree that charisma is way too easy - my socially awkward sim shouldn't be gaining charisma through casual conversation with his roommate. I wish there was a way in CAS to restrict how much of a skill sims gain and/or make skills easier/harder.
  • Options
    pisceansimpisceansim Posts: 10 New Member
    Definitely mischief... just not a skill any of my sims ever really have a desire to pursue, and not one I have any natural curiosity about. Now that I've said that though, I should probably test it out more...
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    Never thought I'd say this, but Logic is kinda boring in TS4. Maybe because kids don't really build it even if they play chess (ok, Mental skill is probably built from chess), and there are so few obvious ways to build Logic without chess/reading. Not even sure what they use it for, except possibly doing better in school?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Comedy skill.

I don't see the purpose of this skill beyond the career/aspiration really.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    there are alot of skills which my sims just learn through playing the game without me pushing them, like cooking and charisma and other day to day skills, I have so many sims with maxed out cooking and none of them had the aspiration or is in the culinary career...
    handiness is a must, I always have at least one sim with maxed handiness per household.

if I have to choose I go with mixology.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Mischief probably - my sims almost never gain that skill, or if they happen to gain it, never get more than a level or two.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Maybe photography. I don't like spamming my screenshot folder with the pictures. Have never maxed the skill though it's only 5 levels. My sims are mediocre photographers at their best and wish there was a book for alternative skilling up.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Charisma. I mean, seriously, what's the point?
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    Photography.

What even is the purpose of it??
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Singing. I strongly dislike Sims singing.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Photography.

What even is the purpose of it??

The patched it Style influencer career requires photography skill (and your sim will take better quality pictures).
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Charisma, only because it’s so stupidly easy to max out. Every sim in my game must have it maxed.
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Photography. It requires entirely too much of my attention. All other skills allow me to tell the sim to do this or that, and I can move on and order someone else around. Photography makes me be involved.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member

Same. I hate grinding the Handiness Skill.
  • Options
    PenguinBudgiePenguinBudgie Posts: 44 Member
    For me, it's the Charisma skill, though on my end I feel my Sims always have to work longer on that skill and don't build it as easily. Mischief I haven't used much, but there have been times I've thought of experimenting with it more, so I can't really comment on that skill.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Mostly any skill that basically has only one way to grind it out is harder to make me not want to do it. So skills like flower arranging and mixology there is only one way... other than reading a book or the conversation blurb. It's not that I hate it. I just don't want to grind it... I will if I have to for the character but it can suck some fun out of the play. Those are the skills I spread out.

To me the ones like handiness, charisma, cooking, playing instruments (the variety.. for tips.. diff music) and many more fit into the sims daily lives and there are many options and ways to skill up. It just makes it more immersive and fun to learn.
    egTcBMc.png