Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Some sims get a happy moodlet when eating fruitcake instead of an uncomfortable one!

Apparently some get glitched. After trying fruit cake my sim gets the uncomfortable from fruit cake moodlet after every single thing she eats ever now
  • Options
    queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    If neighbors are welcoming you they can give you notifications like if you were making dinner they would say how wonderful it was that u were making them dinner or if you ate their fruitcake they will say I am glad you like that fruitcake that was my grandmother's recipe. On some dates if you break them up quickly your date will say don't. call. me. ever.
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I discovered that if your military Sim uses the "practice ordering around" interaction on the robot sparring machine, he develops charisma. Not sure that happens in RL, but what do I know?
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    Some sims get a happy moodlet when eating fruitcake instead of an uncomfortable one!

Apparently some get glitched. After trying fruit cake my sim gets the uncomfortable from fruit cake moodlet after every single thing she eats ever now

You can fix that with cheats:

open console (ctrl + shift + c)

testingcheats on to enable cheats

if your sim are reacting with delight to all foods enter: traits.remove_trait trait_Hidden_Likes_Fruitcake

if your sim are reacting with disgust to all foods enter: traits.remove_trait trait_Hidden_Hates_Fruitcake

Happy simming.
  • Options
    logion wrote: »

if your sim are reacting with delight to all foods enter: traits.remove_trait trait_Hidden_Likes_Fruitcake

if your sim are reacting with disgust to all foods enter: traits.remove_trait trait_Hidden_Hates_Fruitcake

Happy simming.

Thank you!
  • Options
    jupkmnjupkmn Posts: 98 Member
    I've been playing Jungle Adventures since it's release and just now I realized that the city's name is Selvadorada. I was calling it Selvadora until now.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    logion wrote: »

Happy simming.

Oh cool! Thank you SO much for this! I thought the only fix was to have your Sim eat an entire Gourmet (not the regular one) fruitcake in one sitting. This is a much more practical and efficient way to fix that bug. \o/
  • Options
    jupkmn wrote: »
    I've been playing Jungle Adventures since it's release and just now I realized that the city's name is Selvadorada. I was calling it Selvadora until now.

It's okay, I always forget and revert back to calling it Selvadora myself. One of my fav packs but I call it by the wrong name 90% of the time haha
  • Options
    simp0ssiblesimp0ssible Posts: 70 Member
    If your sims has the storm chaser trait, and they get struck by lightning repeatedly, they will get the Hypercharged moodlet, and their eyes will glow with the power of lighting.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Pets offer a unique and powerful new way of calming down sad and stressed sims. It's called something along the lines of "soothing hug" - I'm translating from my German version of the game, don't know if it's called the same in English, but to identify the interaction, just watch out for a blue or orange marker. It takes off a huge chunk of the remaining sad / stressed time, if it doesn't outright remove the moodlet, and is especially useful for teenagers with strong mood swings. I have yet to check if embarrassed sims can do this too, but I know that angry sims can't.
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Pets offer a unique and powerful new way of calming down sad and stressed sims. It's called something along the lines of "soothing hug" - I'm translating from my German version of the game, don't know if it's called the same in English, but to identify the interaction, just watch out for a blue or orange marker. It takes off a huge chunk of the remaining sad / stressed time, if it doesn't outright remove the moodlet, and is especially useful for teenagers with strong mood swings. I have yet to check if embarrassed sims can do this too, but I know that angry sims can't.

I think it's "comforting hug" in English. There's also "confide problems to" when sad.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    IfIdieyoungIfIdieyoung Posts: 45 Member
    I recently discovered that if a sims dies in a household marked "played" you can visit their house and retrieve their urn, it should be right behind the front door. I've started placing all my sims' relatives' gravestones in a designated park, so now I have a family graveyard :)
    Origin id:
    lisimpson93
  • Options
    Materialistic sims can "complain about the size of the TV" to others... How random! Shouldn't they of all people be glad that their belongings are so big and expensive? :D
  • Options
    Materialistic sims can "complain about the size of the TV" to others... How random! Shouldn't they of all people be glad that their belongings are so big and expensive? :D

I take that to mean they're complaining it's too small haha!. That's how I've always read it anyways
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member

I take that to mean they're complaining it's too small haha!. That's how I've always read it anyways

Or that no size at all is 'just right'.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    edited June 2019
    If you play with cat wand with your cat a lot a little fluff may come off. You can spot it on the floor and the cat may be carrying it around. I placed it in a bookshelf but the cat somehow got it again.
  • Options
    jupkmnjupkmn Posts: 98 Member
    I recently discovered that if a sims dies in a household marked "played" you can visit their house and retrieve their urn, it should be right behind the front door. I've started placing all my sims' relatives' gravestones in a designated park, so now I have a family graveyard :)

I didn't know that, thanks for sharing, I'll start to retrieve their urns now!
  • Options
    IfIdieyoungIfIdieyoung Posts: 45 Member
    > @jupkmn said:
    > IfIdieyoung wrote: »
    >
    > I recently discovered that if a sims dies in a household marked "played" you can visit their house and retrieve their urn, it should be right behind the front door. I've started placing all my sims' relatives' gravestones in a designated park, so now I have a family graveyard :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I didn't know that, thanks for sharing, I'll start to retrieve their urns now!

No probz :) I think there may need to be a sim still living in the house for it to work though
    Origin id:
    lisimpson93
  • Options
    joolsroxjoolsrox Posts: 14 New Member
    I just recently for the first time had a vampire invite my sim over and ask to give them the bite haha. Didn't know that was a thing before. Thought when they were called over to ask them something it would end up being ignored just like when they get invited to an opera, show, concert etc lol
  • Options
    DaphneyyyDaphneyyy Posts: 70 Member
    Cowplants dance if you place a radio next to them, and I only realized now that Willow Creek has neighborhood names.
    OldfashionedDearKestrel-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    LithilienLithilien Posts: 92 Member
    Daphneyyy wrote: »
    Cowplants dance if you place a radio next to them, and I only realized now that Willow Creek has neighborhood names.

Oh waw, I'll pay attention next time I play Willow Creek - as for the cowplant I've not managed to grow/find one yet but now I have a new reason to play my gardensim again :smiley:
  • Options
    @Daphneyyy How did you discover the names of the Willow Creek neighbourhoods? Is there a way to actually see them in the game? Because I only found out about them through the Sims Wiki.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited June 2019
    @Daphneyyy How did you discover the names of the Willow Creek neighbourhoods? Is there a way to actually see them in the game? Because I only found out about them through the Sims Wiki.

Even James from SimSupply didn't know that until he did a quiz! I didn't either but interesting......
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20mIDehAoGo&feature=youtu.be
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Willow Creek's neighbourhoods are Foundry Cove (where BFF live), Courtyard Lane (where The Pancakes live), Pendula View (The Goths live here) and Sage Estates (where The Spencer-Kim-Lewis' live).

• Options
    edited June 2019
    @calaprfy Yes. But do you know how exactly you see that in the game itself without looking it up on the Sims Wiki? James didn't find out in the video, and neither did I so far.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top