Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Doctor Who

Comments

• Options
    FredFred Posts: 484 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Well done, I love how their clothes match the picture below them! :-)

Donna's grandad FTW
  • Options
    CopperNailsCopperNails Posts: 49 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Doctor Who <3
    I love you brits. Amen.
  • Options
    FuryRedFuryRed Posts: 1,922 Member
    edited December 2009
    Thanks. I was going for this episode but I couldn't find a picture where they weren't snogging :P

raxcna.jpg
    pjgnHbb.jpg
  • Options
    Sun2401Sun2401 Posts: 4,992 Member
    edited December 2009
    WoW so cool, I live in NY, my husband is a huge Dr. Who fan, It is on all day when they do a marathon. Years ago we were only able to get the show on PBS (public station) sigh* memories. I didn't realize how popular it is in other countries.
  • Options
    hushfireflyhushfirefly Posts: 1,931 Member
    edited December 2009
    Lol I didn't like Martha either :P

I must be slow as I forgot that he has to die to regenerate the new one.
    It seems that with each doctor, they keep getting younger. Or is that just me? Plus Matt as new doctor looks like the broody, dark type. I have enough of those already :lol:
    Every little piece of your life, will mean something to someone.
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
  • Options
    NapalmVFRNapalmVFR Posts: 195 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Doctor Who and Torchwood are up there with the Sci-Fi bests. I liked Rose, wasn't keen on Martha but thoroughly loved Donna.

Now I'm an Ex-Pat in Greece I have to rely on faking my internet routing so I can get BBC I-player so I can keep up with all the shows I liked, who in the UK likes Merlin??

Any way, can't wait for the new specials and to see how the new Doctor works out.

Nice Sims by the way :D

Nathan
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I've seen Merlin and, well, I feel like it has potential that it doesn't quite live up to. At its best it's only as good as an average Doctor Who episode, and never as good as the amazing ones (like Blink).
    :)
    pjgnHbb.jpg
  • Options
    safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    edited December 2009
    FuryRed wrote:
    Thanks. I was going for this episode but I couldn't find a picture where they weren't snogging :P

raxcna.jpg

Isn't Rose possessed at that point? xD

And Sun2401, Doctor Who is one of the most popular prime-time British television shows. It's also the longest running sci-fi show of all time! -hugs it- =D

EDIT: Hell yes, Fury. Blink is amazing. There are a couple of moments that really creeped me out and I'd so love one of those angel statues for my game now - with the fangs ^.^
  • Options
    sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited December 2009
    well i know dr. who, watch it on the syfy channel in the US. So its not just a british program, it has worked its way into US tv. I even watched the old dr. who programs from long long ago. Your sims are pretty close.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    EDIT: Hell yes, Fury. Blink is amazing. There are a couple of moments that really creeped me out and I'd so love one of those angel statues for my game now - with the fangs ^.^

:shock: I wouldn't- my Sims would be terrified!

I'm really hoping the new series will be more along the lines of Blink as I believe the new writer is the guy who wrote that episode. Excitement!
    pjgnHbb.jpg
  • Options
    judithmgallowayjudithmgalloway Posts: 104 Member
    edited December 2009
    *shuffles into thread nervously*

I was just wondering if anyone here who remembers the old Dr Who might also remember the British sci-fi series Blake's 7 from the late '70s/early '80s (showing my age - oops!)...? 'Cos I've always wanted Sims of the crew and bad guys right from Sims 1 days, and I've never found anyone who was interested in making them (you wouldn't believe how bad I am at making Sims who actually look like real people, lol, so it's got to be down to someone else to do). Just wondering.

...And the OP's Doctor and Rose are very cool! :D

*shuffles away mumbling to self about old British sci-fi shows*
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    FuryRed wrote:

I'm really hoping the new series will be more along the lines of Blink as I believe the new writer is the guy who wrote that episode. Excitement!

Yeah, that's him. He also wrote The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances (and invented Captain Jack Harkness in the process) and also The highly aclaimed The Girl in the Fireplace. He's not a Rose fan though, and he's said he won't bring her back. He calls her 'the needy girlfriend' and has said: "You have to hand it to the Doctor for dumping a slightly needy girlfriend by palming her off on a copy of himself. He tried leaving her in a parallel universe and that didn’t work!”

Whilst I like some of his female characters (Sally and Madame du Pompadour especially), I'm not a fan of his views on women in general:

"There’s this issue you’re not allowed to discuss: that women are needy. Men can go for longer, more happily, without women. That’s the truth. We don’t, as little boys, play at being married - we try to avoid it for as long as possible. Meanwhile women are out there hunting for husbands."

As a result, I'm kinda torn about him taking over. I do love his episodes.

I was just wondering if anyone here who remembers the old Dr Who might also remember the British sci-fi series Blake's 7 from the late '70s/early '80s (showing my age - oops!)...? 'Cos I've always wanted Sims of the crew and bad guys right from Sims 1 days, and I've never found anyone who was interested in making them (you wouldn't believe how bad I am at making Sims who actually look like real people, lol, so it's got to be down to someone else to do). Just wondering.

I'm a child of the late 80s so I didn't get a chance to catch Blake 7, but my mother loved it. She has a particular fondness for the ending, which sounds awesome and risky from what she's told me ^.^
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Oh my gawd :-o Well he sounds just charming :lol:

As much as I loved her I don't really want Rose back- she can stay with parallel Doctor and just be happy. I didn't think she was particularly needy; Martha was the one who was all ooh Doctor I love you, stupid bint. Rose held her own.
    The only thing I've heard about the new series though is that apparently there'll be a romance between The Doctor and Amy Pond (new assistant), though with that guy writing who knows? I'm personally hoping for more scary 🐸🐸🐸🐸, and none of the childishness we saw with series one and the Slitheen :?

@judithmgalloway: Blake's 7 is a bit before my time I'm afraid :-)
    pjgnHbb.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    FuryRed wrote:
    Oh my gawd :-o Well he sounds just charming :lol:

As much as I loved her I don't really want Rose back- she can stay with parallel Doctor and just be happy. I didn't think she was particularly needy; Martha was the one who was all ooh Doctor I love you, stupid bint. Rose held her own.
    The only thing I've heard about the new series though is that apparently there'll be a romance between The Doctor and Amy Pond (new assistant), though with that guy writing who knows? I'm personally hoping for more scary 🐸🐸🐸🐸, and none of the childishness we saw with series one and the Slitheen :?

@judithmgalloway: Blake's 7 is a bit before my time I'm afraid :-)

I know, it took me by surprise too.

I actually felt that Martha held her own a lot better than Rose when it came to the latter half of their runs. Rose was the one needing to be saved during a lot of season 2, whilst Martha was the one who kept the Doctor's dream alive during the final part of season 3... I just found that Billie was the better of the two actors, so I liked watching Rose more, especially in Season 1.

But Donna's still my number one of the new series. Fiesty, not in love with the Doctor and thus not someone to idolise or hero-worship him. He needs someone like her more than he needs Rose or Martha, who adored him. Without someone to hold him back we get this current, all-powerful, God-complex creation... which is going to make the confrontations with the Master fantastic =D

And I've heard the opposite; that Amy and the Doctor don't have a romance. He meets her on her hen night and her fiance (Rory, I think?) later becomes a companion whilst the Doctor meets up with River Song again (actually, that last part is definitely true - there are pictures on Gallifrey Base).
  • Options
    Mdmx6566Mdmx6566 Posts: 96 New Member
    edited December 2009

I remember Blake's 7. But, I'm not good at making sims, so I can't help you, there.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    And I've heard the opposite; that Amy and the Doctor don't have a romance. He meets her on her hen night and her fiance (Rory, I think?) later becomes a companion whilst the Doctor meets up with River Song again (actually, that last part is definitely true - there are pictures on Gallifrey Base).

Okay you know more than I do :P
    Sounds like exciting stuff.
    pjgnHbb.jpg
  • Options
    HARRYwasHEREHARRYwasHERE Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited December 2009
    FuryRed wrote:

Yeah, that's him. He also wrote The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances (and invented Captain Jack Harkness in the process) and also The highly aclaimed The Girl in the Fireplace.

Those episodes are the best episodes ever. Shame he doesn't like rose because she was the only reason dr who was good. Then martha joined (and she couldn't act), then Donna joined and it half turned into a comedy and got a little annoying.

I find it annoying how dr who is changing for viewers aged 7 upwards (thats why I liked Torchwood)
  • Options
    melslittleworldmelslittleworld Posts: 399 Member
    edited December 2009
    are you kidding me! my dad started me on Doctor Who in the 70's and my husband and I enjoy it and Torchwood now. LOL I am gonna miss David though...
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    FuryRed wrote:

Yeah, that's him. He also wrote The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances (and invented Captain Jack Harkness in the process) and also The highly aclaimed The Girl in the Fireplace.

Those episodes are the best episodes ever. Shame he doesn't like rose because she was the only reason dr who was good. Then martha joined (and she couldn't act), then Donna joined and it half turned into a comedy and got a little annoying.

I find it annoying how dr who is changing for viewers aged 7 upwards (thats why I liked Torchwood)

Doctor Who is a family show; it's shown at around 7pm on Saturday nights in the UK. And it's the Doctor, not his companions that makes the series work. The concept of his character is brilliant and I can't wait to see how the 'Doctor Victorious' development in WoM carries over to his confrontation with the Master ^.^

And there was more to Donna than just comedy. She's the most realistic of his companions by far and her development from someone who thought she was useless and was cynical towards life into someone who wanted to see all the wonders of the galaxy was great to see. Oh and 'Turn Left' is probably my favourite New Who episode. It's a close call between that and TEC/TDD but... I just love that ep, so interesting~
  • Options
    PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 2,506 Member
    edited December 2009
    I love Doctor Who, great sims + Rec'd :D
    Anyone seen the Doctor Who opening thing on BBC with the TARDIS as a sleigh and it has reindeers;)? Oh and can't wait for the Christmas special (I love the Ood8) and can't wait for John Sim to return:D)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    PoppyB wrote:
    Anyone seen the Doctor Who opening thing on BBC with the TARDIS as a sleigh and it has reindeers;)? Oh and can't wait for the Christmas special (I love the Ood8) and can't wait for John Sim to return:D)

I just saw it today :D It's great.

Not such a fan of the Ood myself but I love love LOVE The Master and I'm really curious to see how they explain him being alive again (something to do with that bit at the end of series 3 with a ring being picked up and the sound of laughing perhaps?)
    pjgnHbb.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    FuryRed wrote:
    PoppyB wrote:

Not such a fan of the Ood myself but I love love LOVE The Master and I'm really curious to see how they explain him being alive again (something to do with that bit at the end of series 3 with a ring being picked up and the sound of laughing perhaps?)

Lucy's back too (his 'beard'/wife). It was a woman's hand that picked up that ring, after all.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Oh good I like her, even if she was kind of vacant :P

All this has put me in the mood to watch some Who! Might start with Midnight- I love that episode, other than Blink the only one that freaked me.
    pjgnHbb.jpg
  • Options
    Mdmx6566Mdmx6566 Posts: 96 New Member
    edited December 2009
    FuryRed wrote:
    PoppyB wrote:

The Master has died and returned several times, I think it has something to do with the Time Lords returning.

Personally, I can't wait to see Matt Smith as the Doctor (he's only a year younger than Peter Davison was when he took on the role of the Doctor during the 80's). With Moffat in charge of the show, there should be some pretty interesting adventures. We probably won't see the Russell T. Davies type stories, so I think any romance hints between Doctor and companions won't be featured.

And "Blink".......Moffat's best story for Doctor Who, in my opinion.
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited December 2009
    There's a few Doctor Who uploads on my page, The 1st Doctor (William Hartnell) The 2nd Doctor (Patrick Troughton) and two versions of the 10th Doctor in different suits :)