Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think EP University is coming next fall/winter?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    University might be released 2020, we’re already receiving 3 packs that ranges until November and December being the only months left. Highly unlikely for this year.

Realm of Magic will be released by September. October is the start of a new quarter and the busiest quarter of the year in terms of game releases. There is no way they don’t release anything between October and December.
    mika wrote: »
    They announced the next packs coming out after Island Living (Moschino and Magic Realm) and they are ab SP and a GP. We won't be getting University until next year, January at the earliest. I'm surprised people actually believe they'll give us two EPs with such a short time between each other.

They’d never plan an EP release in January. If they don’t release another EP by December then the next release window would be March.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    LucyCatxLucyCatx Posts: 51 Member
    They announced the next packs coming out after Island Living (Moschino and Magic Realm) and they are ab SP and a GP. We won't be getting University until next year, January at the earliest. I'm surprised people actually believe they'll give us two EPs with such a short time between each other.

They literally did it last year?

Seasons: June 22, 2018
    Get Famous: November 16, 2018

The whole get famous after seasons gives me hope- i hope they are working on it <3
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    LucyCatx wrote: »

The whole get famous after seasons gives me hope- i hope they are working on it <3

Same, I’m crossing my fingers 🤞🤞
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    I hope it does, but I’m not betting on it.
  • Options
    WrathSixxWrathSixx Posts: 33 Member
    I would be very disappointed if it doesn't come out in November/December, it's my absolute favourite expansion. Getting sick of waiting for it!
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    I really want university and more practical packs. Island Living is all dreamy, but University is something I would utilize with many, many more households :)

I believe University will come out in 2020 <3o:)
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member

Yup! But because I would rather be safely optimistic, ill say we might get Uni in 2020.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    After what we saw at EA Play, I’m already wondering what kind of virtue signalling we’ll get in the Uni pack. Protesting the Patriarchy? Marching for reparations Majoring in “wokeness”?
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    I don't want to go so far as to say they are working on a University pack, but I sure as heck hope they are, haha. There is still plenty of time to release another expansion this winter/fall if they want to continue with 2-expansions per year, even with the magic game pack coming later. Honestly the game pack coming in mid to late October and an expansion in early December wouldn't be a horrible idea!
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    SimsStarfishSimsStarfish Posts: 147 Member
    As I and many others have said, they have released and Expansion every year since the first expansion so they will almost certainly release an expansion in December.

The real uncertainty is whether or not it will be University. Especially because Island Living is such a full pack and last year we got a full pack (Seasons) and then we got a slightly less full pack in Get Famous as even though it had new systems, people complained about world size and lots etc. University would require quite a few lots and a few new systems and it seems like a lot of work was done in Island Living.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Why in the world would they release a expansion in January and completely miss out in the biggest sales season of the year that would be the worst business decision they need a new product that can be sitting on store shelves.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Why in the world would they release a expansion in January and completely miss out in the biggest sales season of the year that would be the worst business decision they need a new product that can be sitting on store shelves.

Why do you assume they'd be missing out on a sales season when they never announced the release date of the Magic GP? They could release it in November or December. I said at the earliest for a Uni EP. Please develop some reading comprehension skills before quoting me next time.
  • Options
    SimsWichtesSimsWichtes Posts: 127 Member
    edited June 2019
    Is it possible that they will keep/spare one highly requested expansion for the end of sims 4? so people will still look after sims 4 expansions to see if the next thing is their anticipated student life? can this be a marketing strategy?
    Maybe they are afraid of giving us everything we want because people will stop carrying for the game and get the mentality of :“ now I have everything and dont care so much about new stuff.“
    Ofcourse especially this fan base has many diffrent opinions on what expansion pack should come next but if I had to guess which the most requested packs are I would say: pets, seasons, and univercity.

On the other hand sims fans propably buy every expansion anyways. For me the most wanted pack would be Witches and I will finally get them this fall and yes everything after that is just the cherry on top. but I will still buy sims stuff.
    I just wonder if thats a reason why Univercity could come later. Like in 2 years.
    Luckily I dont care about Univercity and expect it to be boring but I will refresh my opinion again when I see it. I just wondered about it.
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I really don’t care that much about university but yes I do think it will be in fall.
  • Options
    Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    I'd be straight up shocked if University was not released in November/December.
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

Why do you assume they'd be missing out on a sales season when they never announced the release date of the Magic GP? They could release it in November or December. I said at the earliest for a Uni EP. Please develop some reading comprehension skills before quoting me next time.

they said that there is a 6 month time frame for an expansion, stuff pack, and a game pack to be released. realm of magic with that in mind would either be a september or october release.

every year since 2015 there has been an expansion in november or december for christmas sales, its not unlikely that we'll get uni or another expansion then.
  • Options
    RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    I'm doubtful to be honest. Realm of Magic will probably release in October to maximise on that Autumn/Halloween vibe so having a full expansion release the following month seems a bit optimistic but I could be surprised. If they were going to squeeze something else in I think it would most likely be a stuff pack. We're only getting one this year as it stands at the moment.

The previous University packs were released in March so if you follow that trend it could be the next pack but not until next spring and that would still be within the same financial year.
    iscQh5U.png
  • Options
    candystormcandystorm Posts: 321 Member
    I hope everyone who is saying November/December release for University is right.. This is the pack I wanted most after Seasons. I'm happy about Island Living, but would have preferred there to be hotels etc.
    Origin: twinklegalaxy
    Grim-Reaper-Sim.jpg

• Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I sure hope so, I can't wait any longer.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    SimsStarfishSimsStarfish Posts: 147 Member
    I really want University but looking at how amazing Island Living is, I am willing to wait if it means getting a really fleshed out University Expansion.

That being said, I still think we will get an Expansion in November/December, just not sure if it will be University.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I think it'll be released before the end of 2019, probably early December or late November. I'll think Niall one out early enough that people can plan to purchase it for Christmas gifts. Possibly coming out late December but with a pre-order available in the trailer release in November so people at least know about it before they are done their shopping
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    After what we saw at EA Play, I’m already wondering what kind of virtue signalling we’ll get in the Uni pack. Protesting the Patriarchy? Marching for reparations Majoring in “wokeness”?

babies-crying-cute-crying-baby.jpg
  • Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    I don't think so. Island Living has been already in the works before the University trend got even started. And they'd probably release it next year on June a.k.a Graduation Season I guess. I'd rather have Country Living as the next expansion this year.
    y'all got bread?