Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think EP University is coming next fall/winter?

Comments

• Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I would have said yes but I thought it would be the next expansion pack which is island living which was a nice surprise as I'm not too fussed about a Uni EP.
  • Options
    ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    edited June 2019
    I hope for everyone's sake university is coming and soon. I do hope though, that they do more than just university. Even if it's a very rudimentary system, I'd love to be able to attend school for all stages: kids, teens, and young adults in University. I think that would make a great pack!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    personally would be perfect time for university after magic tho because can't immediately buy whatever pack is released after magic :joy: just too much to buy already and university is 90% not needed for me as school stress me out

at least in sims 3 it did and it felt like actual torture even when its just my sims going to university not me :joy: might want uni pack for some side things like hobbies or something but honestly i can wait those and u dun see my sims doing high education ever unless i can send them away to private school and get them out of the house for a while
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I think it will "almost certainly" be the Fall 2019 release, released ahead of Holiday end of November sales, likely released early November. To be honest, I wondered about it coming in the summer event thought it was a popular request, because in real life terms it made more sense to release a school pack NOT in the summer.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    We had 2 expansion packs and 2 game packs in 2015 (Get to Work & Get to Together) (Outdoor Retreat & Spa Day)
    We had 1 expansion pack and 1 game pack in 2016 (City Living) (Dine Out)
    We had 1 expansion pack and 2 game packs in 2017 (Cats and Dogs) (Vampires & Parenthood)
    We had 2 expansion packs and 1 game pack in 2018 (Seasons & Get Famous) (Jungle Adventure)
    So far in 2019, 1 expansion pack and 2 game packs ( Island Living) (Strangeville & Realm of Magic)

There are two times that we had two expansions in one year. In 2015 they were like 8 months a part.
    Last year 2018 they were 5 months apart BUT we only had one game pack.
    We already have two game packs for this year.

However since the release of sims 4 we have never not had an expansion pack in November/December as its a good sales period.
    So maybe is a new pace in terms of releases (like in 2015) and we will see University in November/December

I am fairly confident an expansion will come out in November/December
    I worry that despite how we think its logical that it is University next. It could not be.

I am hoping that this is the point in the story where I lose hope just before the thing I've always wanted happens and University comes out because I am starting to think its not happening this year.

That’s what I was thinking/hoping too. December would be a perfect month for another Expansion Pack
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    They’ve had November EP’s every year since 2015, so I’m counting on an EP in November this year, as well. And I’m really, really hoping it’s University/ Education, though Farming would be okay too.

I’m so looking forward to an education pack!
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    edited June 2019
    My guess is that University will be the expansion pack after Island Living, probably in November. That's after the 6 months ends for 1 expansion, stuff pack, and game pack announcement. And they have been releasing an expansion in November if I'm remembering correctly. University seems like the next logical expansion pack to me. It's the most hyped expansion pack. The second most hyped expansion pack seems to be a tropical pack and we're getting that this month. It actually makes sense: tropical pack in summer. Magic stuff pack a little before Halloween. A stuff pack sandwiched in between. And then a University expansion in the late fall. University gives me a fall vibe. Of course, school typically starts around September, but it makes more sense to release the magic themed pack before Halloween rather than after it. So, this way they're still releasing the University pack around fall, but the magic game back still gets to be before Halloween. Right now everyone's just getting out of school and is done with it I guess? It makes sense for them to release the tropical ep first in that case.
    I don't know. I think that University is the next EP.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    IMO earliest maybe late winter or early spring next year.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Jean wrote: »
    Seeing as next Fall is going to be featuring the release of realm of magic, I don't see them releasing another EP, since imo it'd make sense to have RoM to have some decent exposure on it's own.

Realm of Magic is a GP -- back in April Lyndsay announced we'd get an EP, an SP and a GP in the first 6 months of the fiscal year (April-October). So we could still see a second EP in late November for the holiday shopping season since only EPs get actual printed boxes (containing a redeemable code rather than a physical disk as in Sims 2 and 3 days), then another GP and SP in early 2020 (Jan-Mar) to finish off the fiscal year.

Here's a possible idea: we get Island Living now, then University in the fall. If in early 2020 they come up with a GP that allows us to build/run hotels or inns/B&Bs (like restaurants in Dine Out), you could build an inn in Sulani and bingo! Spring break! B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    No. Given what's coming out this year I fear it will be another year before we get a university type pack.

Unless EA is putting most everything into the Sims this year as it is it's 20 year anniversary by giving us another EP later this year.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    LucyCatxLucyCatx Posts: 51 Member
    LucyCatx wrote: »
    I hope so. The game pack is coming at the end of Sept or the the first week or 2 of October (based off of their six month plan on case you’re wondering, and fall starts Sept 23rd). There’s plenty of time for a November or December EP.

That makes me so happy! I really hope they reveal a uni pack for the fall- it's the perfect time and plus i cannot keep transforming my teenage sims into young adults.

Uni is for Young adults tho? Or you’re saying you’re tired of aging them without uni.

I meant that I'm tired of just immediately making my sims into adults with a job and a house without them going to college!
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Honestly I would personally take a farming pack, with pet horses and ponies in CAS rather than a Uni pack. So, I'm hoping for that to be next. But I do still want Uni in TS4 so there's a chance we might get another EP around November.

Imo i want uni pack but farming would be next wanted
  • Options
    We had 2 expansion packs and 2 game packs in 2015 (Get to Work & Get to Together) (Outdoor Retreat & Spa Day)
    We had 1 expansion pack and 1 game pack in 2016 (City Living) (Dine Out)
    We had 1 expansion pack and 2 game packs in 2017 (Cats and Dogs) (Vampires & Parenthood)
    We had 2 expansion packs and 1 game pack in 2018 (Seasons & Get Famous) (Jungle Adventure)
    So far in 2019, 1 expansion pack and 2 game packs ( Island Living) (Strangeville & Realm of Magic)

There are two times that we had two expansions in one year. In 2015 they were like 8 months a part.
    Last year 2018 they were 5 months apart BUT we only had one game pack.
    We already have two game packs for this year.

However since the release of sims 4 we have never not had an expansion pack in November/December as its a good sales period.
    So maybe is a new pace in terms of releases (like in 2015) and we will see University in November/December

I am fairly confident an expansion will come out in November/December
    I worry that despite how we think its logical that it is University next. It could not be.

I am hoping that this is the point in the story where I lose hope just before the thing I've always wanted happens and University comes out because I am starting to think its not happening this year.

I agree. I have been wanting uni since 2017 and have been really waiting/hoping since early this year. I really hope it comes in the fall or i might just give up
  • Options
    netney52 wrote: »
    I would have said yes but I thought it would be the next expansion pack which is island living which was a nice surprise as I'm not too fussed about a Uni EP.

I had hoped that it would come out this june but it makes alot more sense from a business stand point to release the summery pack in june and the uni pack in oct/nov/december
  • Options
    Zussage wrote: »
    I hope for everyone's sake university is coming and soon. I do hope though, that they do more than just university. Even if it's a very rudimentary system, I'd love to be able to attend school for all stages: kids, teens, and young adults in University. I think that would make a great pack!

Definitely! I say uni in general but i think an educational EP for all ages would be awesome! its pretty mundane to just send your kids off to school without any gameplay.
  • Options
    My guess is that University will be the expansion pack after Island Living, probably in November. That's after the 6 months ends for 1 expansion, stuff pack, and game pack announcement. And they have been releasing an expansion in November if I'm remembering correctly. University seems like the next logical expansion pack to me. It's the most hyped expansion pack. The second most hyped expansion pack seems to be a tropical pack and we're getting that this month. It actually makes sense: tropical pack in summer. Magic stuff pack a little before Halloween. A stuff pack sandwiched in between. And then a University expansion in the late fall. University gives me a fall vibe. Of course, school typically starts around September, but it makes more sense to release the magic themed pack before Halloween rather than after it. So, this way they're still releasing the University pack around fall, but the magic game back still gets to be before Halloween. Right now everyone's just getting out of school and is done with it I guess? It makes sense for them to release the tropical ep first in that case.
    I don't know. I think that University is the next EP.

That's what I was thinking- plus people will be more inclined to buy a uni EP around holiday time.
  • Options
    Jean wrote: »
    Seeing as next Fall is going to be featuring the release of realm of magic, I don't see them releasing another EP, since imo it'd make sense to have RoM to have some decent exposure on it's own.

Realm of Magic is a GP -- back in April Lyndsay announced we'd get an EP, an SP and a GP in the first 6 months of the fiscal year (April-October). So we could still see a second EP in late November for the holiday shopping season since only EPs get actual printed boxes (containing a redeemable code rather than a physical disk as in Sims 2 and 3 days), then another GP and SP in early 2020 (Jan-Mar) to finish off the fiscal year.

Here's a possible idea: we get Island Living now, then University in the fall. If in early 2020 they come up with a GP that allows us to build/run hotels or inns/B&plum (like restaurants in Dine Out), you could build an inn in Sulani and bingo! Spring break! B)

Thanks for the in-depth analysis! It gives me hope haha
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Extremely low on packs I want to see but I think University is coming somewhere in November I'd actually be surprised if it was not. Hopefully after University they can stop spamming us with career content that keeps coming in every pack and patch. I swear I must be the only one who avoids these careers and I don't care to use University to start my Sim higher up in one of them.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    University might be released 2020, we’re already receiving 3 packs that ranges until November and December being the only months left. Highly unlikely for this year.
  • Options
    SimsStarfishSimsStarfish Posts: 147 Member
    University might be released 2020, we’re already receiving 3 packs that ranges until November and December being the only months left. Highly unlikely for this year.

We have gotten an expansion pack every year in November/December since the first expansion came out in 2015 (Get to Work). It seems unlikely they would stop now just because of Realm of Magic. They need a pack to boost sales in December. Plus we got Get Famous after Seasons last year.

There is still hope!
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I said it last year after Seasons and I'll say it again no way are they not getting an expansion out in time for Christmas sales. Not saying it will be great maybe another empty small world pack like Get Famous that feels more like a game pack but we will get one.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    They announced the next packs coming out after Island Living (Moschino and Magic Realm) and they are ab SP and a GP. We won't be getting University until next year, January at the earliest. I'm surprised people actually believe they'll give us two EPs with such a short time between each other.
  • Options
    I hope so. The game pack is coming at the end of Sept or the the first week or 2 of October (based off of their six month plan on case you’re wondering, and fall starts Sept 23rd). There’s plenty of time for a November or December EP.

That makes me so happy! I really hope they reveal a uni pack for the fall- it's the perfect time and plus i cannot keep transforming my teenage sims into young adults.

Uni is for Young adults tho? Or you’re saying you’re tired of aging them without uni.

I meant that I'm tired of just immediately making my sims into adults with a job and a house without them going to college!

So am I! For me that gap is so unrealistic. Some Sims go straight into the workforce; others go to university. And I can’t do the latter yet 😭😭

• Options
    mika wrote: »
    They announced the next packs coming out after Island Living (Moschino and Magic Realm) and they are ab SP and a GP. We won't be getting University until next year, January at the earliest. I'm surprised people actually believe they'll give us two EPs with such a short time between each other.

They literally did it last year?

Seasons: June 22, 2018
    Get Famous: November 16, 2018