Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PORTRAIT - Cycle One

Comments

• Options
    xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    @ColorMePink your welcome to edit it 1000 times if you want :) but no worries!

@TEXASTWANGTONYA i will grant you a 24 hour extension, and to the late comers as well.
  • Options
    Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    Round 4- Dance with the Devil

tried to experiment with light this round ugh didn't really turn out the way I wanted LOL :D

9H500wE.png

3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    The image quality seems to have dropped when I uploaded it.... and it wasn't a particularly good image to begin with. :/

Dance with the devil
    Or, maybe, nap with the devil.
    tumblr_psvfe3aLBD1v2n804o1_1280.png

Far from my best work,
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    ~ It is lovely @Movotti I love the effect with the red veins,they look like they are glowing!
    ~ Every ones pictures are amazing,some could be art works or pictures for our Sims homes! ;)
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

• Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    @aussiekarima It's a render in gimp called lava. I thought it gave a good 'underworld' effect.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    Wow These Are GREAT!!!!!! Thanks Darling @xJojox
  • Options
    wbombjewbombje Posts: 1,244 Member
    @xJojox Sorry the deadline crept up, I thought I had a few more days. I will take an extension please :) !
    Ayq5S7Y.png
  • Options
    You still have some time @wbombje :)

Also for those who like a head start to the next round, round 5 has been posted :)
  • Options
    ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
    Seen the new assignment. I think I got an idea. :#
  • Options
    jauntyjaunty Posts: 3,336 Member
    Hi @xJojox I am so sorry I never got my assignment up,my pc had decided to give up on me and I have only just got a new one. Luckily I saved everything onto usb stick beforehand :}

Lovely pictures everyone <3<3<3
    m0oUDbi.jpg
  • Options
    FauxEvermoreFauxEvermore Posts: 226 Member
    Trying to knock out Round 5 before I leave for the next week and a half:
    Paola Bentes
    Round 5

Here with my Fan
    tumblr_pszqkyygsb1wra6yeo1_1280.png

Credits:
    Fans, Ruffles, Roses from Google
    Hair from combination of 3 stock hairs
    Nails by SClub
  • Options
    @jaunty.... u can skip the round and continue on since the comp is cumulative if you want to. This goes for any one who didnt make deadline.
  • Options
    jauntyjaunty Posts: 3,336 Member
    Thank you @xjojox I will <3
    m0oUDbi.jpg
  • Options
    MzsammyroseMzsammyrose Posts: 145 Member
    Just popped in because I haven’t been around in centuries! Cute photos guys keep up the good work , totally gonna keep watching ❤️
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    I won't be able to submit for the Angel and Devil round as I've been busy moving but will try to do something for the next. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I just don't know what happened last round, was the couples idea really bad? Not many submitted this round and the round before was a massive drop out too. Are people just busy or just not given enough time? There's barely anyone left :(

Since the contestant list has gone from 17 to like 7 (in less 5 rounds) i will finish this comp at round 6 instead a full 8 rounds. Its a shame to see all the contests at S4C die like this. Not just mine ... but i do follow a lot of the others too.

I really did want to host another one after this... :(
  • Options
    wbombjewbombje Posts: 1,244 Member
    @xJojox I am still here! Sorry I couldn't make last round. I haven't been in comps in a while and a lot of my mods are broken, as I found it from the last round. I was a little busy last week, but I can still submit for the next round. I kind of waited till the day before, only to find out that I couldn't remember how to do poses for couples, or that I needed to update my mods and probably need some new cc.
    Ayq5S7Y.png
  • Options
    Still here, but I turned my entry in so that doesn't matter. lol But aw man, I was really enjoying this. :cry: I hope everyone can come back and finish this out. :(

I wouldn't be too discouraged @xjojo. You're a great host and this is a fantastic comp. Everyone is just probably busy with rl.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Trust me vid @ColorMePink i'm busy too. Like the busiest i've been all year. I graduated last month and still find myself busier this week than i have felt even when i was studying. I really liked portrait and the idea, but i think people struggling with my ideas. I think i may need to consider my future competitions and the rounds i come up with. I like to inspire creativity in my contests rather than fashion. Because its been done and repeated to death! And the same poses from pose players that have been thrashed out. Inspiring people to make art and do something awesome with sims and photography and editing is way more satisfying to host than a fashion comp. Maybe i'm just hosting the wrong thing.
  • Options
    the end date for this round has been posted :)
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    @xJojox I've seen comps like this be successful in the past, so I honestly don't understand why some people may have lost interest. Maybe times have changed? I really can't say. Maybe fashion comps are easier to do with TS4? I don't know, but it suc.ks. Everyone seemed pretty excited and pumped when this started, so I have no idea why it resulted in so few entries now. Please don't beat yourself up over it though. Maybe try doing another cycle of this or something like it sometime in the future.

But I'm pretty busy too. I don't know how I'm juggling this and school, but it's my stress reliever. :tired_face::) I really hope it's just a poor time management issue with some. Not everyone has great time management. Heck, they might have forgot to even do this. :sweat_smile::(

Anyway, I just downloaded some cc for this. Going dress my model and go to bed. Long of day of shopping for dad and father's day. :sleepy:
  • Options
    MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member
    Round 5
    Model: Lydia Weldon
    cAcSIJA.jpg

7HX1Vwg.png
  • Options
    MamajanaynayMamajanaynay Posts: 1,139 Member
    @xJojox I think this comp was a fantastic idea! I debated between being a participant or a judge then decided on judge. If you were to decide to do another cycle I might participate but I would definitely have to practice with photoshop and layers to be able to do and create the outcomes that I have seen in this one. I think that may have been a piece of the problem there with some participants. Working with Gimp or photoshop and everything those programs have to offer. I really have no idea how @FauxEvermore draws body parts (like hands) and makes them come out as if it was a part of the pose or drawing hair. I have a lot to learn. :#
  • Options
    i think im going to run model of the year again. MOTY 2019