Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone know if this next EP will open up all waters?

Does anyone know if our sims will be able to swim in any water (in the other worlds) after adding this latest EP?

Comments

• Options
    kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    I have same question. Swim everywhere or not? Weather condition? And can they get sun burn everywhere or only at sulani?
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I highly doubt it. Someone was asked this question on Reddit who played it yesterday and they said it’s only open in the island. They have said before that the water in other worlds would have to be completely reworked to be swimmable because it isn’t actual water just paint. This is fine with me I’d rather the budget be spent elsewhere than opening water everywhere.
  • Options
    Akl500P wrote: »
    I highly doubt it. Someone was asked this question on Reddit who played it yesterday and they said it’s only open in the island. They have said before that the water in other worlds would have to be completely reworked to be swimmable because it isn’t actual water just paint. This is fine with me I’d rather the budget be spent elsewhere than opening water everywhere.

It is sad. It's like Pets, pets only at BrinBay :( I mean you can put Trait but you never will see how your neighbor walking dog out etc...
    How about sun burn? also only in Island?
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »

It is sad. It's like Pets, pets only at BrinBay :( I mean you can put Trait but you never will see how your neighbor walking dog out etc...
    How about sun burn? also only in Island?

Not sure I heard somewhere on here that someone who played it said it was connected to the lounge chairs and towels. So very possible in other worlds if that is true. I’d be fine with it being connected to those too I’d rather my sims not constantly burn or tan.

It is sad but it doesn’t bother me personally too much. Again if them opening waters everywhere would have taken away from something else in the pack it’s not worth it. I’ll take content any day over that because this pack looks filled with it. At least it’s open somewhere and gives me even more reason to constantly use that world (which I will anyway it’s so pretty).
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I have the same question.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Also.....can dogs swim in the ocean?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Doubt it. Someone also already said it was just Sulani.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    People who went to EAPlays said you can't swim in other waters, only Island Living.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    People who went to EAPlays said you can't swim in other waters, only Island Living.

Hmm :((
  • Options
    It means they didn't do much work with this EP :((
  • Options
    Did you watch the EAPlays show? The host is English and she said that the waters where she lives are so murky that you can't see anything even if you wanted to get into those dirty waters. So, if they opened up all waters, most of them would look like places you wouldn't want to swim in anyway. :)
  • Options
    auginstineauginstine Posts: 68 Member
    Not that surprising. Even adding the pool swimming animations (with no coral reefs) in the other body of waters would have been better than having to travel to the same beach every time. But as someone mentioned, it is just like how pets/strays are confined to one neighborhood.
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Aww darn, I was hoping to swim @ Granite Falls. I guess I kind of expected that but I'm not very fond of single worlds having features that make sense in all worlds.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Kind of disappointing, but expected.

Granite Falls, Brindleton Bay and Windenburg all have beach areas where it makes sense for sims to swim.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    auginstine wrote: »
    Not that surprising. Even adding the pool swimming animations (with no coral reefs) in the other body of waters would have been better than having to travel to the same beach every time. But as someone mentioned, it is just like how pets/strays are confined to one neighborhood.

I don't think it's the same thing.

The strays being confined to bb was a design choice incase ppl didn't want to see strays everywhere they go. For some reason they couldn't put a toggle so it was either strays in all worlds (with no way of escaping them) or just in one world.

For the ocean swimming thing. They said it's unlikely to be a thing in all worlds because it might mess up ppls saves.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Kinda expected it really. Though there's only like two places I would have wanted it to be swimmable would be like the island in Widenburgh and where the commercial lots are in Oasis Spring I believe. THOUGH, I hope they'll add other bodies of water swimmable in like new worlds.

Though I'm curious if the beach towel is portable and you can just use it at other places to lounge around at the other fake beaches in other worlds.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    No biggie, just hope they'll create more worlds where the waters are open.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    leetamme wrote: »

This is how I feel as well. :)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    leetamme wrote: »

Same, and I hope the sand activities like sandcastles and tanning are available in the other worlds. Making routable water might be hard, but surely making sandcastles in other areas is doable?
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    And who knows? What if a modder takes the ocean swimming code in IL and applies it to the other worlds? 🤔 Modders have picked up the slack before
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    If the sandcastle is an object in BUYDEBUG then you might be able to place them on any beach or even in a homemade sand pit for your toddlers.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    If the sandcastle is an object in BUYDEBUG then you might be able to place them on any beach or even in a homemade sand pit for your toddlers.

Hopefully sims can build sandcastles in all beaches now? Well there's another question I'd like answered.

In TS3, anywhere you'd paint with sand terrain paint, your toddlers were able to play in the sand. I wonder if it works the same or not :\
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    IDK. Having to use buydebug just to build sandcastles outside Sulani feels like a cop out. They have an excuse for routable water, but not land activities

If a child played TS4 with no previous frame of reference, I'm sure she'd ask why sandcastles can be built in Sulani but not the other beaches, because it's just common sense

• Options
    SimsayCDSimsayCD Posts: 95 Member
    I'm not surprised if we won't be able to swim in the other worlds, but hopefully, all new worlds from now on will have swimmable water. I hope we can at least do sand activities in other worlds, such as in Brindleton Bay.