Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Incredibly disappointed with Maxis

Comments

• Options
    AxeEclipticaAxeEcliptica Posts: 370 Member
    I literally just found out about this this morning and I'm so exasperated. Island Living? They really are insistent in this installment of the series being the "party" game huh? They really listened to the 5 simmers that wanted an Island? IMO this pack is not worth the Expansion title or price tag. It would make a great game pack but, oh? What is that? Jungle Adventure already exists? I get that they're different things but they're too similar for us to need them especially so close in release to each other. I am 100% salty that they aren't listening to us and wanted to give us something so similar to a game pack that already exists instead of giving us more staples like University. Get Together and Get Famous are nice and all but shouldn't the company focus on expanding the game with life features that are more realistic first? Seasons, Pets, University. Get those taken care of first before you decide to get creative, EA. Oh, and you have the paranormal simmers waiting for you, too. Stop screwing around.

I have been waiting YEARS for University. I don't even really want to play anymore because the game feels so lacking without it. I have sims that would only make sense going to college. I have a household I've played since Sims 2 involving sisters and a single dad and I can't even play that household because the whole point is playing them from teen, through college years, and into adulthood. I miss them, but there's no point in playing that household (which I've literally had made since CAS early access days) because once they're ready to age up from teen I'd have to stop and literally wait for University. The game is so stale without Uni and the fact that it's taking them this long is disgusting to me, honestly. I mean, they wanna make this game so party-centric, right? Have you forgotten about frat parties?

Actually, forget I said anything, I don't want a Uni EP that revolves around fraternities and dorm parties.
  • Options
    jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member
    No one who is a realistic player has a right to feel too disappointed. People who who like "realism" have so much to explore and are getting even more with Island Living. The Sims 4 has given you realistic players everything from owning a business, raising your kids correctly (or incorrectly), bowling, and laundry, and some of you want to complain about a few mermaids and witches? No, I have nothing against family/realistic play as I enjoy it myself, but as someone's already pointed out that The Sims has ALWAYS from the very FIRST game had supernatural and unrealistic elements, like the Grim Reaper, cow plants, ghosts, Tragic Clowns, Social Bunnies, and whatever else that's been a part of this game for ages. I'm sorry to go on a rant here, but this whole "ugh uni uni uni uni I can't play without uni this game sucks without uni" thing I've been seeing a lot of everywhere has been getting to me for a while. Relax guys, it's coming. In the meantime, chill and watch some baby turtles hatch. Jeez.
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Gallery ID: jacechu06
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I can feel the secondhand embarrassment. LOL.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited June 2019
    Can someone explain me how does she/he know that we only get 2 lots?
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    I'm fairly sure OP doesn't actually know
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member

They are being sarcastic. Because the last few packs have been getting less lots, they are being smart alecks and saying 2 sarcastically. I do fear it will be a small world, but I'll live even if it is. :D
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »

They are being sarcastic. Because the last few packs have been getting less lots, they are being smart alecks and saying 2 sarcastically. I do fear it will be a small world, but I'll live even if it is. :D

Oh okay, I feel better now.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Jazmine22Jazmine22 Posts: 6 New Member
    > @FurSimsOfficial said:
    > The paradise living pack is really cool. We already kind of knew it from the leaks the passed few days. The rumors were true :)
    >
    > The other (big? Not sure how that was big) announcement they made was.. just a waist. Why this overdone dedication to pride stuff? It's getting annoying. I couldn't even understand half the words he was saying. Just not something that is very much needed.
    >
    > Then a magic pack. Well from the heart, good for the long waited fans. I am not a fan of it. I understand that this pack is needed for the magic and supernatural lovers, but I feel they should have given them all in one pack or EP when they released the first supernatural pack. I now feel the second pack stole a spot for something that was waiting for it's time to shine: uni. I mean, did we get a second parenthood or generation pack? Did we get a second animal/pets pack? No, and I am pretty sure these are ranked higher than another supernatural pack. EA should learn to deliver fleshed out packs to prevent additional waiting time of a year for a pack that is highly desired and needed.
    >
    > The last few announcements kind of ruined the first one for me tbh. It was a bit disappointing. I expected something bigger. Uni, farming, cars, open world/sub-hoods, big changes in the core game etc.
    >
    > I do appreciate that they have given away news that is only to release in autumn. This is something they could do more often ;)

The overdone stuff is because it's Pride month? How is it annoying? They just were telling you what you'll get in a free update. Who is the over dedication to pride items for simmers hurting?
  • Options
    BubblegumjonahBubblegumjonah Posts: 118 Member
    > @AxeEcliptica said:
    > I literally just found out about this this morning and I'm so exasperated. Island Living? They really are insistent in this installment of the series being the "party" game huh? They really listened to the 5 simmers that wanted an Island? IMO this pack is not worth the Expansion title or price tag. It would make a great game pack but, oh? What is that? Jungle Adventure already exists? I get that they're different things but they're too similar for us to need them especially so close in release to each other. I am 100% salty that they aren't listening to us and wanted to give us something so similar to a game pack that already exists instead of giving us more staples like University. Get Together and Get Famous are nice and all but shouldn't the company focus on expanding the game with life features that are more realistic first? Seasons, Pets, University. Get those taken care of first before you decide to get creative, EA. Oh, and you have the paranormal simmers waiting for you, too. Stop screwing around.
    >
    > I have been waiting YEARS for University. I don't even really want to play anymore because the game feels so lacking without it. I have sims that would only make sense going to college. I have a household I've played since Sims 2 involving sisters and a single dad and I can't even play that household because the whole point is playing them from teen, through college years, and into adulthood. I miss them, but there's no point in playing that household (which I've literally had made since CAS early access days) because once they're ready to age up from teen I'd have to stop and literally wait for University. The game is so stale without Uni and the fact that it's taking them this long is disgusting to me, honestly. I mean, they wanna make this game so party-centric, right? Have you forgotten about frat parties?
    >
    > Actually, forget I said anything, I don't want a Uni EP that revolves around fraternities and dorm parties.

5 simmers that wanted an island, huh? Just 5? Paranormal simmers waiting, well they don't have to wait much longer since witches are coming in the Fall! (You'd know that if you bothered to do any research, which therefore you would know there are definitely more than just '5 Simmers'.)

You sound spoiled, incredibly spoiled. Like you didn't get every single item you wanted for Christmas. Tbh, it's kind of embarrassing.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Isla Paradiso is my favorite Sims 3 EP. In truth, though it won't contain everything I want, it is one of the packs I wanted most. I never knew I was part of an exclusive club :D
  • Options
    > @L0u said:
    > [quote="FurSimsOfficial;c-17096388"][quote="L0u;c-17096294"][quote="FurSimsOfficial;c-17096034"]The paradise living pack is really cool. We already kind of knew it from the leaks the passed few days. The rumors were true :)
    >
    > The other (big? Not sure how that was big) announcement they made was.. just a waist. Why this overdone dedication to pride stuff? It's getting annoying. I couldn't even understand half the words he was saying. Just not something that is very much needed.
    >
    > The last few announcements kind of ruined the first one for me tbh. It was a bit disappointing. I expected something bigger. Uni, farming, cars, open world/sub-hoods, big changes in the core game etc.
    > [/quote]
    >
    > Maybe you can try to understand that for some people those news where actually quite big. Personally I am very happy about the fact that my favourite childhood game is this inclusive of its gay players. [b]Sadly this is not a given and a big company like EA making it a point to have it in their game is a step in the right direction.[/b] The execution is gonna be up for debate, because being gay isnt all rainbow colours and flower crowns, but we will see and i appreciate the effort. Seeing that you couldnt understand half of what they were saying means that educating people on this topic is still very much needed and as the sims is played by a wide range of people itll definitely do some good. Maybe ull find a way to incorporate it in your gameplay as well, because its definitely part of real life (:
    > [/quote]
    >
    > Are you sure about that? That is my whole point. We have been bombed by this stuff.
    >
    > Besides: [b]Repeatedly[/b] giving the same packs or category updates are costing time and money which could have been spent for things that never got a chance in the first place.
    > But it says it all in my first comment already. Maybe read it again ;)[/quote]
    >
    > I dont really see your point tbh, even after reading your post again. How have we been bombed by 'this stuff'? Its a free update and I dont see how including queer people is taking away from implementing other things. Theres more lesbians than witches for example. And we will still get witches at one point. :) Its a simulation game and the more things included the better. You just gotta open your mind a little. Id love for the sims to teach me more about cultures and people I dont know. Whats the harm.

I saw this on the Sims reddit and other places. People try to dance around the fact they don't like LGBTQ+ in the game. They know it's homophobic, so they try to use safer words.

It will literally probably be a shirt and few items YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE. I don't understand the complaint.
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    If you're gonna be disappointed by any pack it should have been the Moschino stuff pack. People already complain that it's ugly and the English logo in the game is offputting
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    But I have to confess during the presentation they said something like "for the first time ever sims can swim and explore the ocean." did they mean the first time in TS4? Because ummmm....TS3 already did this....Though I will admit this is kinda a carbon copy of TS3 IP, but I am so eager to have something new in my game so I am not complaining.
  • Options
    The one thing I truly dislike about the Sims 4 community, is that people take things so personally. It's just a EP, if you don't want it your saving money.

Saying "no one asked for this" and being dramatic is so old. Millions of people play the game, if somethings not to your taste usually people move on and just don't buy it. If you feel EA isn't doing anything to be worth your money or time then hit them where it hurts. Their pockets.

It seems day by day, people get so bent out of shape about DLC they don't have to buy. I don't mind complaints I just dislike these tantrums people seem to constantly throw.

it's done, they have the DLC they are putting out. Now you know what's to come and whats not to buy.
  • Options
    lisamtownlisamtown Posts: 206 Member
    Understand your frustration. I've been wanting a generations pack. I only have about 7 expansions, packs, etc.. Believe its over 20 somthing so far. Last one i bought was seasons.. Not interested in this one. Those who are hope you enjoy it. Been a family player since the 1st one!! It's the style i like.. Yes i have parenthood but there is so much more they can do...
    graphics-wallet-540882.gif
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I have a problem with universities in that I don't particularly want an American type one with dorm, fraternities and sororities etc. They vary greatly all over the world. I'd rather have a pack with variations of Teen and young adult education and not ignoring things like engineering, building work, and "training in house, on the job" or in colleges for young people who either cannot afford or really don't want to go to university.

University in real life is getting too expensive and young people are in debt for the rest of their lives some with "Mickey Mouse" degrees.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I have a problem with universities in that I don't particularly want an American type one with dorm, fraternities and sororities etc. They vary greatly all over the world. I'd rather have a pack with variations of Teen and young adult education and not ignoring things like engineering, building work, and "training in house, on the job" or in colleges for young people who either cannot afford or really don't want to go to university.

University in real life is getting too expensive and young people are in debt for the rest of their lives some with "Mickey Mouse" degrees.

The uni debt is heavily American too lol. We have free uni. You just gotta be smart and hardworking.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    ThePocketWeaselThePocketWeasel Posts: 103 Member
    When I saw the rumours about the next pack being Island Living I wasn't hugely interested at all; after watching the stream I'm really excited for it. I love that they're adding in a conservationist career; I'm really excited that they're adding in something that's important to me (and many others) into my favourite game. While university is my most anticipated pack, I can wait and I'm looking forward to seeing what this pack and the realm of magic is all about.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    But I have to confess during the presentation they said something like "for the first time ever sims can swim and explore the ocean." did they mean the first time in TS4? Because ummmm....TS3 already did this....Though I will admit this is kinda a carbon copy of TS3 IP, but I am so eager to have something new in my game so I am not complaining.

No, it really isn't. I wish it were, but there's going to be a lot of stuff that isn't in this pack that came with IP. No houseboats. No resorts. It doesn't look like there's waterskiing though maybe there is. Scuba diving in the trailer looked far more like snorkling, but maybe they just didn't show it. The new careers are different as well. So it won't have nearly the same stuff. But one thing I think they are going for which wasn't in Isla Paradiso is the laid-back lifestyle that tropical islands often have. In the Sims 3, it was the same hustle and bustle, which is fine, but I am hoping that kicking back is the overall feel of Island Living.
  • Options
    > @Simburian said:
    > I have a problem with universities in that I don't particularly want an American type one with dorm, fraternities and sororities etc. They vary greatly all over the world. I'd rather have a pack with variations of Teen and young adult education and not ignoring things like engineering, building work, and "training in house, on the job" or in colleges for young people who either cannot afford or really don't want to go to university.
    >
    > University in real life is getting too expensive and young people are in debt for the rest of their lives some with "Mickey Mouse" degrees.

I too would like to see a general education overhaul. Right now, schooling does quite literally nothing for your Sim. Scouting from Seasons gives your Sim more of a boost in life than finishing Elementary School and High School with A's. At least as far as I can tell. I've seen no new traits and no information indicating they get a career or skill boost from getting an A. And as far as education beyond high school, there are more options than just your expensive American university. I'd like to see trade school, online schooling, community colleges, as well as university eventually, along with new stuff for elementary/high school. But I'm not so spoiled and self centered that I "can't play the game without Uni" and believe "no one but 2 or 3 people wanted Islands"
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Felicity wrote: »

No, it really isn't. I wish it were, but there's going to be a lot of stuff that isn't in this pack that came with IP. No houseboats. No resorts. It doesn't look like there's waterskiing though maybe there is. Scuba diving in the trailer looked far more like snorkling, but maybe they just didn't show it. The new careers are different as well. So it won't have nearly the same stuff. But one thing I think they are going for which wasn't in Isla Paradiso is the laid-back lifestyle that tropical islands often have. In the Sims 3, it was the same hustle and bustle, which is fine, but I am hoping that kicking back is the overall feel of Island Living.
    Sims 4 is Sims 4. People complain when there's stuff from previous games cause "sims 4 is a carbon copy of this and that" and then go "Sims 4 is missing this from a previous game, S4 is SUCH a poor game". Like!?!??!
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    MeishakMeishak Posts: 28 Member
    jacechu wrote: »
    > @Simburian said:
    > I have a problem with universities in that I don't particularly want an American type one with dorm, fraternities and sororities etc. They vary greatly all over the world. I'd rather have a pack with variations of Teen and young adult education and not ignoring things like engineering, building work, and "training in house, on the job" or in colleges for young people who either cannot afford or really don't want to go to university.
    >
    > University in real life is getting too expensive and young people are in debt for the rest of their lives some with "Mickey Mouse" degrees.

I too would like to see a general education overhaul. Right now, schooling does quite literally nothing for your Sim. Scouting from Seasons gives your Sim more of a boost in life than finishing Elementary School and High School with A's. At least as far as I can tell. I've seen no new traits and no information indicating they get a career or skill boost from getting an A. And as far as education beyond high school, there are more options than just your expensive American university. I'd like to see trade school, online schooling, community colleges, as well as university eventually, along with new stuff for elementary/high school. But I'm not so spoiled and self centered that I "can't play the game without Uni" and believe "no one but 2 or 3 people wanted Islands"

That actually isn't true. If you finish high school with a B, then you start your career at level 2 and if you finish with an A, you start at level 3. I also believe that you start at a higher grade for high school if you finish elementary with higher grades
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    I wanted islands and witches just not right now so I'm a little bummed but also excited. I'm way more excited about island living than the magic GP. Cant wait to swim in oceans and have new recipes etc...but it really does seem like they are holding off on basic sim content, like cars and university, that I feel should have come first but oh well.

Like most have already pointed out, you are getting your witches. And....uggh...mermaids. so occult people can stop whining. Thank goddess.
  • Options
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Felicity wrote: »

Sims 4 is Sims 4. People complain when there's stuff from previous games cause "sims 4 is a carbon copy of this and that" and then go "Sims 4 is missing this from a previous game, S4 is SUCH a poor game". Like!?!??!

I wasn't complaining? I was saying how it wasn't a carbon copy and also pointed out a way I thought it would be better.
  • Options
    > @Meishak said:
    > jacechu wrote: »
    >
    > > @Simburian said:
    > > I have a problem with universities in that I don't particularly want an American type one with dorm, fraternities and sororities etc. They vary greatly all over the world. I'd rather have a pack with variations of Teen and young adult education and not ignoring things like engineering, building work, and "training in house, on the job" or in colleges for young people who either cannot afford or really don't want to go to university.
    > >
    > > University in real life is getting too expensive and young people are in debt for the rest of their lives some with "Mickey Mouse" degrees.
    >
    > I too would like to see a general education overhaul. Right now, schooling does quite literally nothing for your Sim. Scouting from Seasons gives your Sim more of a boost in life than finishing Elementary School and High School with A's. At least as far as I can tell. I've seen no new traits and no information indicating they get a career or skill boost from getting an A. And as far as education beyond high school, there are more options than just your expensive American university. I'd like to see trade school, online schooling, community colleges, as well as university eventually, along with new stuff for elementary/high school. But I'm not so spoiled and self centered that I "can't play the game without Uni" and believe "no one but 2 or 3 people wanted Islands"
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That actually isn't true. If you finish high school with a B, then you start your career at level 2 and if you finish with an A, you start at level 3. I also believe that you start at a higher grade for high school if you finish elementary with higher grades

Ah, I see. I've never noticed it, and I've played quite a few A high schoolers, so they don't seem to go out of their way to make sure you know there are benefits to grinding out that A
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top