Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

First Images of Island Living and Pack Description

Comments

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited June 2019
    @telmarina Fans are going wild on Twitter but some Gurus are just going on as normal as they can't reveal until they have to but seem to be ok with the hype.

SimGuruNinja tweeted and you can find his and other tweets on the Forum Twitter page.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/943598/sim-gurus-on-twitter/p75

EA and Lyndsay tweeted about the Sims 4 Youtube livestream and that gives you how long you have to wait underneath the video blank.

James Turner tweeted and replied to by Lyndsay
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    @telmarina Fans are going wild on Twitter but some Gurus are just going on as normal as they can't reveal until they have to but seem to be ok with the hype.

SimGuruNinja tweeted and you can find his and other tweets on the Forum Twitter page.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/943598/sim-gurus-on-twitter/p75

EA and Lyndsay tweeted about the Sims 4 Youtube livestream and that gives you how long you have to wait underneath the video blank.

James Turner tweeted and replied to by Lyndsay

@Simburian thank you very much! 💗
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I'm so ready to make Caleb the sexy lifeguard I want :heart:
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    I'm super excited for this one. Definitely pre-ordering!
  • Options
    loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    The screens look really great. I am so happy there seem to be some activities for toddlers, I hope kids and toddlers can pick up shells and build sandcastles together. I can't wait to see sims swim in open water. I really hope at least some of these activities aren't restricted to the new world, so that we can finally do something on the beaches that are already in game, and that are pretty much useless at the moment.
  • Options
    loutredor wrote: »
    The screens look really great. I am so happy there seem to be some activities for toddlers, I hope kids and toddlers can pick up shells and build sandcastles together. I can't wait to see sims swim in open water. I really hope at least some of these activities aren't restricted to the new world, so that we can finally do something on the beaches that are already in game, and that are pretty much useless at the moment.

Or at least the lounge chair, the inflatable chairs, the ability to sunburn... This would be great for pool parties or just to relax by the pool
  • Options
    CorvinowCorvinow Posts: 73 Member
    I’m so hyped right now. My season rotation is almost at summer so I’ll play very little until the release so my main sim can start enjoying the island from day 1 of summer
    Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw If you've a ready mind, where those of wit and learning will always find their kind
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I like the part about Island lore and meeting the ancestors too.... LOL.

I'm sure I've seen that before. *cough* Jungle *cough* Adventure.
  • Options
    PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    So many new things! just hope it's true! i would make island living my new world, though i do like my other worlds :)<3
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    One more

KOpknL4.png

*hyperventilates* MERMAIDS????!!! 😦😦😦

Please, please, please let that be an actual mermaid and not one with a costume swim-tail.

Everything looks awesome so far! :smiley:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,436 Member
    edited June 2019
    If toddlers actually get swimwear clothing does that mean they might be able practice swimming like in TS3 where the parent held the toddler or will some type of kiddie pool like in seasons be included🤔

Toddlers already have swimwear clothing, though?
    Yes but without seasons a toddler has no reason to be in that clothing. Since the toddlers in the render is in a swimsuit I hope it means there are some water activities for them.
    Post edited by BlueSeaWaves on
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Corvinow wrote: »
    I’m so hyped right now. My season rotation is almost at summer so I’ll play very little until the release so my main sim can start enjoying the island from day 1 of summer

Ooh I never thought of that. I'm in Spring right now so the timing could be pretty perfect for me. Also, I will be returning from a rl holiday on the 21st, so just in time for the release!
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited June 2019
    can I just say that I LOVE LEAKS!
    We had this more often in previous games and I always missed them in The sims 4. I have even suggested more hints/leaks in the few surveys they threw out and I love the speculation, rumours and hints etc that are slowly becoming a thing.

Now, let me browse through all the topics in this forum section and check all the links. Will be busy until the stream hehe
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    edited June 2019
    Not my first choice of pack, but I'm loving this so far! Finally, a new lifestate! Swimming! Snorkeling! I'm definitely going to enjoy this.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    I am hoping Maxis have found out how to add the water element to the terrain tools for all the worlds and this is not just for one world. It will be interesting to find out how they added swimming. Some Simmers said they couldn't.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Color me very impressed...they just MIGHT have impressed me...LOVE the way the mermaid looks she;'s so PRETTY...hopefully it's a new lifestate and not just a temp thing or NPC (though I doubt it because it has the plumbbob above them) or a silly costume.
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    One more

KOpknL4.png

Oh FFS Noooooooo
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    The first four pics are amazing. Been wanting lounge chairs and feeding a dolphin...awesome, but the mermaid...uggh so dumb
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited June 2019
    I can't believe this seems to contain most of the things I pitched for in a previous thread... It happened twice before xD Brindleton Bay and Gran Canyon world.

* I was hoping for Uni, but this is very much wanted to. Hope uni will come soon as I will need to wait a bit longer to let my 4th generation kids grow up. Not another generation can live without a proper schooling :D I wish for at least a rabbit hole uni for now though.
    Post edited by FurSimsOfficial on
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    From what I can see on Twitter some of the Gurus are enjoying the hype after the leak.

I've checked SimGuruLyndsay's Youtube link and on Youtube it says the stream starts for me, in the UK in Seven Hours from posting this!!

@Simburian can you share some of their posts here? :smile:

There is an entire thread dedicated to guru's twitter posts in the General Discussion section.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    I am hoping Maxis have found out how to add the water element to the terrain tools for all the worlds and this is not just for one world. It will be interesting to find out how they added swimming. Some Simmers said they couldn't.

yeah I am bit worried it could be ''this world only'' thing because the water does not look as deep as in other worlds but I really hope I am wrong
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    telmarina wrote: »
    From what I can see on Twitter some of the Gurus are enjoying the hype after the leak.

I've checked SimGuruLyndsay's Youtube link and on Youtube it says the stream starts for me, in the UK in Seven Hours from posting this!!

@Simburian can you share some of their posts here? :smile:

There is an entire thread dedicated to guru's twitter posts in the General Discussion section.

Thank you @Dannydanbo. I've seen it already :)
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    It's going to be 64bit and none of the other iterations were in that. At least it will show what 64bit might be capable of and later EPs and Packs should get better and better.

Just a couple of hours now..........

I wonder how many Simmers will find out that their machines won't handle it, especially those who got the Free base game recently.

On YouTube there are more than 600 Simmers waiting already and posting. :o
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-LuNtzpvQM&amp;utm_campaign=sims4_hd_ww_ic_soco_twt_ea-play-sims-stream-tw&amp;utm_source=twitter&amp;utm_medium=social&amp;cid=58679&amp;ts=1560007261142
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i know my pc will
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    DragonGirl643DragonGirl643 Posts: 90 Member

Looks like the full description got leaked- if this one is real, then you may not be able to make mermaids in CAS, based on what it says. Here’s what I’ve gathered from it:

-lifeguard is a career
    -mermaids might not be able to be made in CAS
    -Island is called Sulani
    -fishing and diving careers
    -canoes, swimming, watercraft
    -sand castles
    -you can meet mermaids
    -new event: pit barbecue
    -lots of rich culture like in island adventure (folklore, tropical food, “ancestors from the island”)
    -tiki bars
    -SUNBURNS!
    -you can be a conservationist and clean up the beaches
    -you can fish in the ocean
    -bb mode style is “rustic oasis”

Honestly, I think this may be the best EP yet! Definitely going to get it 😆

And based on the render images...

-new bathing suits (including toddler bathing suits!!!!)
    -dolphin taming
    -lounge chairs you can lounge in!!!
    -in the render with the lounge chairs, behind the guy- is that a cabana bed?
    -mermaids look EPIC!
    -nice little island drink things 🙃

Anyway, can’t spot anything else of too much importance that hasn’t been mentioned... can’t wait! 😁😁😁😁
    why are my sims games so weird?