Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    LariSilva wrote: »
    @friendsfan367 thanks a lot! Any tips for me? haha :)

sometimes i let my chracters tell the story not just the writing but i just watch them see what they do and write it down once i watched a chracter for 52 real hours cause i wanted him to pick his mate. it sounds nuts but we both got what we wanted he got a relationship he was comfortable with i got a 3 part story arc.
  • Options
    LariSilvaLariSilva Posts: 30 Member
    @friendsfan367 Oh jesus, that does sound interesting, but I guess for me it will be very hard to do something like that, because I actually have to use The Sims on my cousin's computer, which is why I think story-driven will be the way for me, but thanks for the example!

@BlackUndecimber I hope you come back! There's never too much to read <3 And yeah, mine will be all about that family drama, I hope I do it justice!
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    kurdaneva wrote: »
    3HKfchq.png

Chapter Nine of my story "Dark Tales of Miss Hale" is now out on my wordpress!! We're getting deeper into the story and closer to the send of the first 'arc' in her story. There are still plenty of more chapters to do and I look forward to sharing it with you all! (Please remember, this is an r18 story, so please consider this before reading) I'm so happy I've found ways to directly link to chapters too! I'm so miffed that a generated name is banned!

I recommend this story highly. I've been reading it from the beginning. The subject matter is very dark and sad. The characters are richly drawn. The writing develops into something so alive and honest-feeling. During the last few chapters, I've forgotten it was fiction and felt I was reading one of those true-life blogs from someone who has had a rough life.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself here. My name is Larissa, and finding out about this community has made my day. I always liked played The Sims on my cousin's computer, but more than that, I always loved creating deeper stories about my sims and their lives, and seeing this here... all of these stories you guys have created, have inspired me to share one of my own. I hope to share it here soon, as soon as I become I member actually. On top of that, I hope to find a place here in this community, and I'm excited to meet everyone =D

@LariSilva Welcome, Larissa! So glad you found your way here and I'm looking forward to reading your stories!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    @friendsfan367 Oh jesus, that does sound interesting, but I guess for me it will be very hard to do something like that, because I actually have to use The Sims on my cousin's computer, which is why I think story-driven will be the way for me, but thanks for the example!

@BlackUndecimber I hope you come back! There's never too much to read <3 And yeah, mine will be all about that family drama, I hope I do it justice!

well it wouldn't have taken that long but he was afraid to tell me his secret. so it took 52 hours. to get it out of him. :)

and when he told me the truth i wasn't shocked. what his mom did in her part of the story this time actually shocked me more.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    @CathyTea have you read my story yet?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Hey everyone. I wanted to stop by and let those storytellers that use cc for sims 4 that I made some possibly useful cc for stories (if you have toddlers). Here's the print screen pics I have from S4S. :)
    D8EawepWkAA6txj.png:large
    D8Eg0yUX4AAWkJI.png:large
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @CathyTea have you read my story yet?

Last weekend, I caught up on @simscognito , so that means yours is next on my list of non WordPress stories to binge!

• Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself here. My name is Larissa, and finding out about this community has made my day. I always liked played The Sims on my cousin's computer, but more than that, I always loved creating deeper stories about my sims and their lives, and seeing this here... all of these stories you guys have created, have inspired me to share one of my own. I hope to share it here soon, as soon as I become I member actually. On top of that, I hope to find a place here in this community, and I'm excited to meet everyone =D

Welcome @LariSilva. Hope you find an encouraging, welcoming community here. I find writing SimLit to be a joy, and interacting with others in the forums to be one as well. :)
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited June 2019
    Hey all, I wrote this last December, but I finally posted it to the blog. It was for @Karilan's Secret Simta Gift Exchange. Here's to Christmas in June! :p

cover-1.png?w=1024&h=314
    The Lost Christmas
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options

Welcome @LariSilva. Hope you find an encouraging, welcoming community here. I find writing SimLit to be a joy, and interacting with others in the forums to be one as well. :)

its not uncommon for her to have 4 updates at once. :)
  • Options
    as much as i wanted to be in cogs circle i abandoned the idea cause now to keep my sims 3 packs in game i have to have each indviual pack checked with a checkmark so it shows in my game. i wasn't bothered by it til this morning .because i recently went binge pack shopping . bought a whole bunch at once its discouraging that i can't use them without the silly check marks.

you know it must be really bugging me cause i can't count how many times i started over with the benders and i;m still writing that.
  • Options
    mamasquirrelmamasquirrel Posts: 2,065 Member
    The wait is over. The prologue to "Beyond The Realm" is here. Thanks for reading.
    https://mamasquirrelsimlits.blogspot.com/2019/06/beyond-realm-prologue.html
    yXW40Hz.png?1
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    edited June 2019
    Chapter 41 of Life's Lessons
    D8G4ncdXoAANlMD.jpg
  • Options
    ZyamanaiZyamanai Posts: 15 Member
    Hi everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Zya and I've recently discovered the world of simlit. I think it is super cool and I love what you all are doing! Super excited to read and write with all of you :) I've loved writing my entire life and can't wait to get started in this new form ^^
  • Options
    BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    Zyamanai wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Zya and I've recently discovered the world of simlit. I think it is super cool and I love what you all are doing! Super excited to read and write with all of you :) I've loved writing my entire life and can't wait to get started in this new form ^^

Hiya, nice to meet you! Welcome to the forums, I think you'll find everyone very friendly here. I'm keen to read new stories, so do share when you post!
  • Options
    was too busy "filming" several chapters to comment
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Chapter 41 of Life's Lessons
    D8G4ncdXoAANlMD.jpg

aghhhhhhhh a headless sim, lol not sure if it was intentional :)
  • Options
    Zyamanai wrote: »

welcome. i help cohost here. :)
  • Options
    > @simscognito said:
    > LariSilva wrote: »
    >
    > Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself here. My name is Larissa, and finding out about this community has made my day. I always liked played The Sims on my cousin's computer, but more than that, I always loved creating deeper stories about my sims and their lives, and seeing this here... all of these stories you guys have created, have inspired me to share one of my own. I hope to share it here soon, as soon as I become I member actually. On top of that, I hope to find a place here in this community, and I'm excited to meet everyone =D
    >
    >
    >
    > Welcome to the writers lounge @LaraSilva. :)
    >
    > As for tips, I'm not sure what you're looking for but all stories are welcome, so don't be afraid to experiment a bit with styles. Like literally we have comics, to picture driven simLits to pictureless simLits and they're all great. XD

Thanks a lot <3

I've actually already started working on my story, it's going to be very story-driven (I think that's how you say it here), can't wait to share with you guys.

Hiya, nice to meet you. I'm a lapsed writer trying to get back to writing simlit. Looking forward to your story! I especially love story driven simlit.

lapsed writer?
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    FF - probably means something like you used to write regularly and than stopped writing for awhile.

Actually undecember it was a vampire story right? I'm pretty sure used to read it and it was one of the first I read. :)

On a side note. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for short challenges. I'm going to have two spares soon, one of which I'm planning to do the room challenge with. But I'm not sure what challenge to do with the other.
  • Options
    BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    Shadami wrote: »
    FF - probably means something like you used to write regularly and than stopped writing for awhile.

Actually undecember it was a vampire story right? I'm pretty sure used to read it and it was one of the first I read. :)

On a side note. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for short challenges. I'm going to have two spares soon, one of which I'm planning to do the room challenge with. But I'm not sure what challenge to do with the other.

Haha nah, no vampires in my story... though it was fantasy, so easy mistake to make :)

As for challenges, I really enjoy the stories based on challenges you made yourself, like the Seven Sins story. If you can't find a suitable one, maybe make a simple one yourself? I know, easier said than done, but I like how fresh the ideas feel when they're a newly made challenge.
  • Options
    new chapter!
    nyXHsxE.jpgJay's chapter
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    I might be able to get all 5 of my chapters done today!
    GvjTlov.jpg
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    nevermind I solved it
    NttHa2V.jpg Leah's chapter
    Post edited by MadameLee on
    6adMCGP.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji