Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many marriages?

Comments

• Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    1 marriage, happily ever after...
    Generally, my sims have one marriage. Often I create them married, they live and grow old together. But sometimes there is a second marriage if a spouse dies young or whatever. I do very rarely get sims who divorce. I leave the drama to my townies!
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    A single marriage, but my sims take their time to find that single perfect partner and try out many others beforehand. When they are finally ready to committ they know they can keep the promise.
    The only divorce I had recently was actually part of a sim's backstory and not the result of my gameplay.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I'm such a hopeless romantic. My sims almost always marry their soulmate first time.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I've only played TS4 like...ohh, bit over 2 years. I've never had a proper wedding. My sims always elope on the spot, usually in the bathroom *sigh* I've also only gotten to generation 2, ever. I'm a serial save-creator :# I get an idea, or get tired of a save, and create a new one. I'm the same in practically ANY game I play. Like Warcraft, I have NO idea how many characters I have. Less than 50 (which is the max per account) but quite close to it.

So, currently, my sims marry once. I only pair them up if they are really attracted to eachother, so I know it will last. I'm also too fond of my little people to cause them any heartache.
    A single marriage, but my sims take their time to find that single perfect partner and try out many others beforehand. When they are finally ready to committ they know they can keep the promise.
    The only divorce I had recently was actually part of a sim's backstory and not the result of my gameplay.

Basically this, except the divorce part :D The "trying out" part may include some of my favorite single pre-made, though (I have a few *cough*)
  • Options
    TLM08TLM08 Posts: 105 Member
    My Sims only marry once unless their spouse dies, then I usually decide if I want them to remarry or not.
  • Options
    stephanie132392stephanie132392 Posts: 91 Member
    My sims are always soulmates 😊 ...or they hop around living the ''Lothario'' lifestyle 😂
  • Options
    IreneLudwigIreneLudwig Posts: 125 Member
    Other: specify in comments ♥️
    One marriage at most, but it doesn’t mean that my Sims don’t have any secret lover 😏
  • Options
    ScorpioSimmerScorpioSimmer Posts: 6 New Member
    I voted other because it honestly, well for me anyway depends on the person. I had a sim who fell in love with her sisters boyfriend which was interesting. I have a lot of single sims with children on my game which is interesting to play with. When your just starting out on Sims though it can be incredible overwhelming attempting to keep all your sims satisfied. This one time my single girl sim with a child was dating a guy sim and the guy sim didn't want the kid so my sim neglected the kid until cps took it away.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    For me it all depends on the couple. For the most part once my sims are married it's for life. But there are a few who have divorced, or cause a divorce. lol
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Usually either 0 or none, because my sims are vamps and while they're happy to have partners what's the point of marrying until you find someone you can spend eternity with?
    Unless i'm doing Black Widow challenge.....
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    2-3 marriages, marriages fail every now and then...
    Typically, I only keep the Legacies down to one spouse because its just easier once the family tree gets larger. When I play my fun sims I do 2-3 marriages and usually have one of the spouses cheat. The last time I did it was a lot of fun and the sims got caught by 3 of their love interests at the Romance Festival. Needless to say they had a lot of explaining to do and ended up going home alone.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    This is the standard, but I've also had plenty of sims divorce and some remarry. Don't think I've ever remarried them for a third time though.
  • Options
    KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    edited June 2019
    It may have happened that I had some married sims get a bit promiscuous while I was leveling my irl mixology skill, and that may have lead to a divorce or 2 in game, but once my irl moodlets from the juice fell off I reverted to an earlier save and pretended it was all a dream.
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    edited June 2019
    It depends on how long they live. 2 is normal because they usually outlive a spouse. In my legacy game, spouses mostly exist for woohoo and babies, so I usually kick them out as soon as they've done their duty. If my heir is a woman, the fathers don't even make it into the house sometimes!
  • Options
    MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    Wow, I’m really surprised at how many of you guys prefer the happy, perfect way of playing the sims. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. I play much, MUCH more realistically... so I don’t really have a “percentage” rate of divorce, but I can say it’s less than 50% that have one marriage.
  • Options
    zefronzefron Posts: 157 Member
    almost all my sims marry their one & only boyfriend/girlfriend and live happily ever after. I've had maybe a handful that have dated more than one person in their life, but they still only marry once. idk, call me a dreamer. I just like the concept of a one true love.
    // WEREWOLF BOYBANDS //

not so berry family tree
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Married second wife only after the first one had die, or after having a divorce
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    ThePocketWeaselThePocketWeasel Posts: 103 Member
    My Sims marry for life - though they might have a few partners before they settle down. Occasionally, I will invite some sims over to the lot I'm playing and one of them will randomly decide to flirt with another sim in front of their partners, though -.-'
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited June 2019
    No marriages....duh
    I find it amusing that this poll calls 4-5 marriages a "middle ground"... :D

Anyway, I've never been much of a romantic player, especially not now with proposals being broken, so in the rare cases that I need a married couple, I create them as such in CAS from the getgo and don't even bother with the whole wedding thing. No reason to ever split them up because there's no such thing as conflict in the game, even a cheating spouse is forgiven the moment the sad or angry moodlet fades away.
  • Options
    peanutsinspacepeanutsinspace Posts: 24 Member
    No marriages....duh
    My main Sim hasn't been married yet so I voted no but in the premades that I play, they're all still going strong. For now.
  • Options
    DinowCookieDinowCookie Posts: 951 Member
    Normally one marriage. I don't marry Sims if I don't want them to be together forever.
    Breakups do happen with couples, though.

The only times I have multiple marriages is with vampires, or long lived Sims when husbands and wives pass away and they find somebody new.
    Visit me on the gallery! 😊
    EA ID: DinowCookie | No-CC Households & Rooms
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    No marriages....duh
    I have many sims who never marry but for those who do it's usually one marriage. Still they could have had several serious relationships, I'm just lazy marrying them. Several marriages is definitely something I should try out. I play rotationally and like having a variety of things but never tried two or more marriages!
  • Options
    LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    I used to be that one marriage happily ever after type but I started doing things more "realistically" as you can say. It really depends on the save Im playing on and the sim. Sometimes my sims cheat and get caught and then get divorced to run off with their new love who happens to be crazy or something. Haha I like to mix it up. My one sim girl has been married three times now. Hopefully third times a charm. ;)
  • Options
    ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    Mix: in my current household, I have one family where the parents divorced and one remarried. The other household I plan to have stay married all the way through.
  • Options
    FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    I don't really have a standard couple in my game. Everyone has their own story, so it is pretty evenly distributed between single, living together, married, divorced, widowed, etc.
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png