Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    edited May 2019
    Hello All. It's just after 1 am here and I'm off to sleep. Just thought I'd give a little update on the progress of my promised tutorial on building a multi level house into a hill. Well, I finished it, and saved it ready to load to YouTube and watched it before I loaded to YouTube and discovered I'd left out an important step. So then I had to record some extra. I wasn't totally clear on what I was explaining either, so it was headed for being a bit of a mess. But the basic info was there. Long story short - I re-recorded most of it and should get it finished ready to load, again, after I have some sleep. And I'm actually happy that you'll be able to follow this new version much more easily than would have been the case with the original.

Happy Simming All.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,128 Member
    I love honeymoon chapters....do something, woohoo, do something else, woohoo, woohoo, woohoo, go do something! So easy to write. :lol:

@bekkasan OMGosh ain't that the truth! :joy:

@Mikezumi Ooh. :open_mouth: I dunno why both those glasses look so good on Ian, but they do! :love:
    I understand you not wanting to keep them though. ;) I should try some on Sam just for fun. :blush:

@KayeStar It's annoying when that happens. :unamused: The first person I thought of to answer your question was Mikezumi and she did. :) She knows all about genetics. :star:
    No more MLP Avatar and Siggy Gif? :cry:
    j/k :p

@Silverofdreams30 :astonished:@TinySpaceFox Sent you David and Martin!? Aww, that was so sweet of her! <3
    Donal and Sierra are a beautiful couple! <3
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,780 Member

I've got some things to do, but as soon as I am done I'll do feedback. My computer is acting fine today so I have no idea what caused it to randomly shut off like it did. The Sims loading issue is fixed now, I cleared the caches and it seems to load fine. I played for about two minutes just to make sure and as long as it does alright tonight, I'll have an update either tonight or tomorrow. Anyway, hope everyone has a good day and happy Simming!
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,205 Member

@emorrill

Yes, she did,
    you will certainly see them around the world.
  • Options
    AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    edited June 2019
    Hi all! Was super busy this last week as I had a year-end deadline moved up to 2 weeks! Finally got around to getting these images uploaded for the next chapter...

So, for a quick recap The Sparkling Sands was hit by a meteor right after Niella and Connor, Rajan and Karlie got back from Egypt. Niella's science team had started examining the largest meteor fragment when they realized there was something inside it. This turned out to be strange metal disc that projected the image of a small green creature...

If you missed the last post, you can find it here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17042985#Comment_17042985

The days that followed were a frenzy of activity in the labs. After Niella caught Javiera up on their discovery, the team went about specific tasks for study. Lopita ran some entomological tests on the soil embedded in the meteor that was loosened by her earlier work. Masao began running analysis comparisons, and Alex started working on "something that will help us look inside the little bugger."
    fdJNEhy.jpg

Javiera and Emily started working to decipher the language being spoken by the projection and documenting their work
    tTBFSnw.jpg

The late evenings fell into a familiar routine. They'd sit in the break room eating their various packed lunches and try to discuss other topics, world events, politics, sports, but everyone's excitement about their various tasks would bring them around to work conversations sooner than later. Whichever table finished first would get up, push back the table and chairs, and someone would wheel in the white board and start presenting their findings to the team. Sometimes it was everyone, sometimes only a few would join in while the others got back to their own work. Oddly no one seemed frazzled, no one got on anyone else's nerves, no one's lack of sleep caused someone to be snappy. In fact Niella couldn't remember ever seeing her team so in sync with each other. Brainstorming sessions were more productive than ever. Niella chalked it up to the fact that her team had never been so excited about the same general project and counted her lucky stars.
    u4oArak.jpg

While everyone continued their work, Niella found herself spending more time on the phone fending off intervention of various government agencies. Days were long and everyone found themselves catching cat naps in the midst of 17-18 hour days. Alex practically moved in, curling up in the sleep study chamber every night, while others would catch some Z's in the employee lounge and their offices.
    7l4qdqD.jpg

Niella had actually just nodded off when her cell started ringing. It was Connor. Yawning, she answered the phone. "Hi honey. I was just dreaming about you, you were telling me I'm working too hard" Niella joked, still blinking the fuzziness from her head. "Funny you should mention that," Connor chuckled "Mama Shari wants us all to meet her at the Paradise. She says she misses us." "I just grabbed the dry cleaning on the way in today so you couldn't have planned it better, I have my favorite sundress!" Niella replied. "Fannn Tastic! Oh and hey could you swing by and grab me? The 5,000 is acting up and they're already there." "Uh, sure? Right now? Oh geeze it's 7:00 already?!" Niella exclaimed when she noticed the time. "Yep, be there shortly." She drew her office blinds and quickly slipped into her sun dress, figuring it'd take less time than running upstairs when she got home. She clicked off the lights to her office and headed home. waving goodbye to Masao and Lopita as she passed the Earth Sciences lab, still hard at work. She beamed with almost a maternal pride in her team and how dedicated they were.
    WQfgn1o.jpg

As she stepped onto the dock at home, she could hear music from the back deck of the houseboat. It was a beautiful night, she could understand why he was waiting back there. "He probably thought he'd have to wait for me to get ready, after all, not realizing I already changed" she thought to herself. As she rounded the corner she saw Connor with drinks and candles waiting for her. "What's this??" she blushed as she hugged him. "Well," he said coyly "you've been working so hard I thought you could do with a night in. So I sent Karlie and Raj out to the Paradise Pub to hang with Karlie's mom so that we could have the place to ourselves.." He led her by the hand over to the table and handed her a drink.
    EXaCCYH.jpg

Standing there awkwardly, he thought "I should probably make a toast... How can I be so good at writing words for imaginary people but so bad at trying to tell Ny how I feel about her."
    u07E9hJ.jpg

He closed his eyes and just let the words come... "I want to say that the day we got married was the best thing that's ever happened to me... I want to say that but I can't... Because every single day I get to be with you is the best thing that's ever happened to me, every single day. Every single day we're together I love you more. I am inspired by you more, I am amazed by you more, I'm even more blessed than the day before because I get to spend one more day with you." He leaned in, opened his eyes and staring deep into hers he said "I mean it Ny, you are my whole world..." and gently clinked his glass against hers.
    zipzWdO.jpg

Niella swallowed hard as tears started to well in her eyes. She hoped he didn't expect her to make a toast anything like that, or even one at all because she seemed to have a giant stone in her throat... Before she could even start to form words Connor took the drink from her hand, set it on the table, pulled her to him and started slow dancing.
    UBdDF7G.jpg

They said nothing as they danced, the sun set behind them and the warmth of the day faded into the cool crisp of night. They didn't need to. Staring into each other's eyes they could see everything they ever needed to say, everything they ever needed to hear. Soon it was just them, the candles and the moonlight, the entire world faded away.
    S6eadmQ.jpg

Connor twirled Niella in and dipped her with amazing ease, placing a kiss on her lips that seemed to make time stand still. He brought her back up and without a word scooped her off her feet and carried her upstairs to their bedroom.
    02C7dE7.jpg

Placing Niella gently on the bed and laying down beside her, he wrapped his arm around her and said "I meant it when I said you were my whole world... But I think we both know we have room for one more" he pulled her in for a kiss...
    jYBCQdu.jpg

Back at the lab Lopita and Masao were still hard at work when out of the corner of her eye Lopita noticed something glowing and moving among some of the debris that had been separated from the biggest chunk earlier in the week. She had been using it for her tests and Masao had been hard at work running analysis's on numerous samples.
    qa7DCr1.jpg

She walked over, bent down and scooped it up. "Well hello little guy, did you catch a ride on a rock? You must be so confused..."
    And then she noticed he wasn't alone. One light beetle catching a ride on a rock she could believe, but not 4...
    S7s2Olx.jpg

xWvQwA9.jpg

If you're dying to see the next update, you can find it here :https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17060974#Comment_17060974
    Post edited by AbellaKellaher on
  • Options
    Anyone else having issues with origin? Half my games uninstalled themselves.

Yep, had that same problem. I rebooted my machine, Origin updated, and then everything went back to normal.
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,205 Member

Final update today

[img][/img]nfmGQgE.jpg

Donal and Sierra decided to invite some people to a house party.
    Here Donal is trying out the dancefloor he rented for the afternoon.

[img][/img]eZQf1nJ.jpg

People started arriving and both of them went around to
    greet everyone

[img][/img]JlHoiaQ.jpg

Matthew Mango forgot to dress up in his everyday clothes

[img][/img]v8uXE8u.jpg

Donal talking to guests

[img][/img]RtfT3ya.jpg

Harley Greenwood dancing with a girl

[img][/img]JlWDJq7.jpg

Burger time

[img][/img]j0dmhQO.jpg

Adam talking to Donal

[img][/img]Y03AdSd.jpg

poor girl did not get to sit by the table

[img][/img]CiFavT2.jpg

Clara Dregg arrived late

All for today

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Part 4B

Humara was feeling hopeful that something good would come from the program and after about fifteen minutes of being asked to explain some details about herself Humara was offered a place on the course. Afterwards Jean showed her around the site where most activities would take place. Aside from classrooms the skills centre also had a series of workshops, a gym and a canteen which it was explained some students have placements working in the kitchen.

57319882_10156285001446497_1589290413808680960_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=7853c8fb2d3d89fa463298d05c97680f&oe=5D734692

58978501_10156285001551497_6866529726974918656_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=58c8f71121ac599c713b14154e5cf259&oe=5D63289E

See more:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958845/the-social-club-part-1#latest
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited May 2019
    @coco I love it cause it just gives a unique look to outfits.This is that normally teal default color store outfit with the gold trim.Classy :)

Vlm6g9j.png
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Been looking online for a haunted mansion for a remake of my story.
    Which is why I went missing lol.Still haven't found one yet XD
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    The boys only have one day left of their vacation so I got started on the quest. Jared led the way this time.
    40802380083_ab4ab5c3f2_o.jpg
    46852141245_01089ed2e9_o.jpg
    47716111132_0b15bfde04_o.jpg
    When the boys entered the room with the fire traps the outer rooms were revealed.
    46852140965_7bdbd05d59_o.jpg
    Jared stepped on the pressure plate which caused water to spray on the fire traps, thus disabling them.
    47716110862_c2d2c02c7e_o.jpg
    46852140595_ee01d181a1_o.jpg
    It took forever for the fire to go down enough for the boys to cross.
    33891537798_16b3894f78_o.jpg
    Jensen went first this time.
    46852140065_60ef9445d0_o.jpg
    33891537478_d94cd6443d_o.jpg
    It was getting late and the boys were hungry. Although I would have preferred for them to eat out or go home for a meal I couldn't remember how long this quest takes so didn't want them to run out of time before it was done.
    46852139755_df2f512845_o.jpg
    Jensen went to the room on the left and pulled the statue onto the pressure plate.
    33891537358_1596dde878_o.jpg
    It revealed a hole in the floor in the room on the right.
    40802378583_2a6e5bdf99_o.jpg
    A switch in the hole revealed a hidden door to a small room with a treasure chest.
    33891537088_b6095f9483_o.jpg
  • Options
    Page 3449

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks for the lovely comments :) I think I like the shaggy hair because men in my day wore shaggy hair :D
    Glad you were able to fix Mia's tail :)
    Lovely pic of Anora in the boat!
    Troy looks great! So much better than his original bin self :)

@bekkasan Thanks :) I know you don't like hair in the eyes! :D

@meerkattime Thank you :) The shaggy hair reminds me of my wild youth :D

@Brandontaylor The sink again!? Poor Ava but at least she's smiling :D
    What is she growing? It looks so pretty!
    Congrats on Ava's promotion and her new purchases :)

@king_of_simcity7 Kay looks pretty :)

@Fairy_Happy How brave of Brandon to deal with the fire! :)
    Congrats on graduating with A's :)
    Congrats also on the engagement and wedding :)
    Nooooooo! How could that have happened? :'(
    Phew! I have never played the unlucky trait but I am sure Brandon is glad you gave it to him!
    The house is looking great!
    Congrats on the birth of Armani :)
    I hope you are enjoying whatever games you are playing and that you will pop in to say hi whenever you have a chance and to update us on Hannah and Brandon :)
    Thanks for the lovely comments :) Two sims makes tomb exploration go so much faster!
    The little time I have spent with the dragons has been fun :)

@HillyBeth Congrats to Matthew on getting his licence :) Happy birthday to the twins :)
  • Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    edited May 2019
    For some reason, I'm having problems viewing some of the images of my update on my phone...I have no Idea what's happening...
    Ok, now it's fixed. Had to redo the blog post.
    Post edited by ChuChuExpress on
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    @Mikezumi Thanks for the feedback :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

Page 3455, continued

@king_of_simcity7 Looking forward to the rest of the update! I'll check it out after finishing feedback.

@Mikezumi I guess they both wanted to watch the stars in the pool.
    Lol, I guess the guests needed some direction in what to do.
    Great update!
    You're welcome.
    Yeah, it's probably for the best if the dog has been sick that long.
    It sure would be. I usually don't have that big of a garden where I'd need it though, probably.
    Yeah, there are some really weird Sims in Dragon Valley.
    Thank you, it means a lot. I guess I just second guess myself. I think I've gotten better at it than when I first got the game.

@GraceyManor No, I haven't had any issues with Origin. I had other issues but that was with the game.
    Garen's going to be a smart kid when he becomes a child.
    Great update!

@Jjsimsxoxo Beautiful proposal pics!
    The bachelorette party looks fun.
    Amazing wedding pics!

@bekkasan I'd say a little of both. I'll have to figure that out.
    Dwight and Lorelei both deserve some hot tub time.
    They must have really worked up an appetite.
    Lol, I guess Lorelei is thinking "You ain't fooling me, I can tell it's still a computer."
    I wonder what kind of fun they were having? Hide and seek? :D JK
    Great update!

Page 3456

@Mikezumi The finished Sim looks great!
    Hey, they got lucky. I like when wishes are easy to fulfill.
    Congrats on getting the Axe, Jared and Jensen!
    Lol, she isn't having much luck with plumbing or appliances.
    Yep, it's definitely fast. I've got aging and SP off for the moment until I get the story where I want it to be, that way I can pair off townies with who I want, when I want.
    She definitely will. It's an important part to her backstory as she'll need to learn the one that makes her a fairy.
    Yeah, she definitely does. She'll have one before long, although it might not be a healthy relationship.
    Thanks for the comments!
    I'd do that for KFC, lol. I haven't had KFC in a long time.
    Nice glasses!

@emorrill Thank you. I just try to make sure I get everyone and not to miss anyone. Sometimes I do rush through though but I try not to.
    Lol, I probably do too. I always usually have my Sims workout but I never do, except I take a walk almost everyday if I have time.
    Yeah, I really didn't want to break them up, but the story called for it. They could still find their way back to each other though.
    Or in my case, older women, lol. I can think of a few at least.
    True. I've definitely had my share of those moments that I now regret.

@coco Yep, that way they at least have a fighting chance.
    Maybe. She probably will be a part of it.
    Unfortunately, she will do something she will regret, mainly so that Avery is born.
    I'm not sure why it done that. It just stopped and restarted itself.

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@KayeStar The milkman maybe? :lol: Seriously though, I've had that happen in my games and I started using consorts mod to blend hair from both parents as a choice.

@Mikezumi That was nice of you to oblige and give the guys a break. Wow, Jared is so sweet letting Jensen beat him. It must be love! :tongue:
    I put apples in their packs or with Rafe and Autumn, bottles of blood. :lol:

@Silverofdreams30 Woot! Hope David and Martin enjoy being in your save. I like the poses.
    That was a nice crowd for the party!

@AbellaKellaher Great update on your sims. I love seeing how the science lab is working and how excited they are about the meteor and examining it.
    Awwww, that was so romantic of Conner! He's a keeper!

@king_of_simcity7 Glad she got in.
  • Options
    @Brandontaylor and @bekkasan Thanks for the comments :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    In my search, I found an old story I wrote back in 2012....Doesn't seem that long ago...I went back and read it, god, I was horrible at writing.XD
    https://spiritstruth.weebly.com/
    Old haunted mansion story lol.I was going through it and nitpicking at every little thing lol.Like "I could have said this, why didn't I do that?! I'm my own worst critic LOL.
  • Options

Page 3457

@king_of_simcity7 Great story update, I'll check the thread in a few.
    Awesome story tease, can't wait to see what happens next!

@FabBunny Great update! Four kids would be stressful.

@CravenLestat Georgia looks great!

@Mikezumi Nice to see the different glasses. Each one does something different for his face.
    Glad that they can smash boulders now.
    Looks like they both are doing good in MA
    You're welcome.
    Yeah, I'm glad I got it too. I wanted a different one but didn't have the money.
    The car is definitely coming in handy. I think it's a bit faster than the bike.
    I know. I had a story idea but it didn't pan out because they weren't home.
    Thanks. I believe Ava has three friends now and some that are close to friends.

@coco Coco looks great in that outfit and the hair fits her.

@Steamvarius Drake's going to make a great comedian. Or maybe a rodeo cowboy!
    The family sure had a fun pool time.
    Great update!

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you!
    David and Martin will be nice additions to the town.
    Great update, and love the poses!

@bekkasan I think I've got it figured out. The computer is acting alright now and the Sims did load so I'm hoping to play once feedback is done.
    I checked, didn't see anything from Sims 4. I do have some CC but it never caused any issues, I think that it may have just been the caches needed cleared.

@KayeStar I don't know. It hasn't happened to me before but I know it can.

Page 3458

@Karritz Glad you got your tutorial video done!

@AbellaKellaher I hope they can get the information out of the creature.
    That was beautiful what Connor said to Niella.
    Great update!

@Silverofdreams30 Great update!

@king_of_simcity7 Nice story tease.
    You're welcome.

@CravenLestat That dress looks nice that way.

@Mikezumi Great update, sure was a lot of fire in that room.
    Well, I know there is the lemon tree, some elixir ingredients, and some beans that come with University.
    Thank you. They'll come in handy but something happens that might not be good.

@GraceyManor Lol, I went to fanfiction.net and read some of my fanfics. I thought they were all horrible, lol. I've been wanting to try it again but I think I'm sticking with Sims stories on here.

***Ava's story is getting closer to lining up with the original, although I have to re-imagine a few things which is why I probably won't call this a prequel anymore. I guess you could say it is an alternate universe with some similarities. Anyway, got to check out king_of_simcity7's thread for the recent updates then I am launching the game for a while.
  • Options
    Mikezumi is not happy because only one of the glasses were available for elders :( Thank the stars for sliders, too. I had to put the glasses on almost the widest setting to stop them from clipping into my SS's face! What a boof head I have! :#:D I always wear my reading glasses low on my nose or the top of my head when I am not reading so I don't lose them so SS is wearing hers low too :)
    47003247304_7783019c4c_o.jpg
    32848959307_49f0e1ca70_o.jpg
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @Mikezumi @Emily4331 might be able to adjust one of the others you like to fit an elder. I like how you put them more to the end of her nose. I wear mine like that a lot....lol
  • Options
    @bekkasan You are a genius! I will definitely ask @Emily4331 if she can do that for me!
    I hope you are hiding in the shadows, Emily! G-Ma needs you :)
  • Options
    @Brandontaylor
    lol sounds like me.XD I just can't believe how tacky my blog was lol.
    I like finding my old sites I completely forgot about.
  • Options
    kanorlakanorla Posts: 29 Member
    I was having a good ol' time in Isla Paradiso with Kahale making it a family while I did my laundry, after getting him married after hours of playing and after stepping away from my computer I came back to a window saying that Sims 3 had stopped. My heart than stopped and I almost cried... I didn't save and now I have to start ALL over, since it was the first time I decided to try Isla Paradiso it didn't even save the town.
  • Options
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    Mikezumi is not happy because only one of the glasses were available for elders :( Thank the stars for sliders, too. I had to put the glasses on almost the widest setting to stop them from clipping into my SS's face! What a boof head I have! :#:D I always wear my reading glasses low on my nose or the top of my head when I am not reading so I don't lose them so SS is wearing hers low too :)
    47003247304_7783019c4c_o.jpg
    32848959307_49f0e1ca70_o.jpg

Love it!! Your SS has a boof head, my RL self has one. It's hard to find frames wide enough to fit my face. Just so happens that my rl glasses look like a pair of vanilla frames haha, because I was just thinking about/considering making a SS for myself :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top