Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Another age after elder

StefanosStefanos Posts: 4 New Member
Hello. I think that elders in The Sims 4 are not old enough. It would be much better if there was another age after the elder. The elders now look to be around 65 years old. If I want to have a person that is 85 or 90? Is there any cheat to make the elders look older?

[This discussion was created from comments split from: Questions/Problems posting at Answers HQ (AHQ).]

Comments

• Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    Stefanos wrote: »
    Hello. I think that elders in The Sims 4 are not old enough. It would be much better if there was another age after the elder. The elders now look to be around 65 years old. If I want to have a person that is 85 or 90? Is there any cheat to make the elders look older?

You'd better post this in The Sims 4 PC Game Feedback. ;)
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    I personally don't mind how they look, I'd rather they spent time making teens shorter than all YA.
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I've been wanting to add SENIORS (retired adults who travel of have hobbies) and make elders (with the back cracking) look older, too.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I don't want more life stages. I want the ones we have now to be more developed to make them more distinct and fun to play i.e. more activities and interactions, walking canes for elders etc. I would love a generations or elder themed pack.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    CaityTrina wrote: »
    I personally don't mind how they look, I'd rather they spent time making teens shorter than all YA.

So in other words you want "pre-teen" life stage since teens IRL are in reality the same size as adults.

As for an older look as an elder, you can do that in CAS and clothing. You can expand their life length with the youth potion. IRL many 80 year old do not look that different from a 65 year old. Elders only start to look really different when they are sickly.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    The problem with ELDERS for me is that they are older and walk around cracking their backs, hunched over. I'd like a SENIOR stage somewhere between ADULT and ELDER. A retirement age before all the creaking bones set in.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited May 2019
    @Dannydanbo

Knowing that the game bases the life stages on stereotypes, you can change a sim mid way through to appear to look more elderly as an adult. At least that is a suggestion. I know for myself IRL, I have some of the mannerisms the game stereotypes for just elders, but fibromyalgia in my young age is the cause.
    Post edited by NorthDakotaGamer on
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I don't want more life stages. I want the ones we have now to be more developed to make them more distinct and fun to play i.e. more activities and interactions, walking canes for elders etc. I would love a generations or elder themed pack.

This.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Being older myself I know when females are older than me as they usually have hair perms (permanent waves) - at least in the uk it keeps thin hair in order. They are usually the over 80s and when I was young they had gone out of fashion! From the 60's the emphasis was more on good cuts eg: Mary Quant, Vidal Sasson, eg: Twiggy. So Maxis could add some of those.

If Maxis was thinking of a period '60s, '70s pack there are some examples here. When they invented electronic curling tongs and large curlers nothing could hold some back from outlandish styles!
    http://hair-and-makeup-artist.com/womens-1960s-hairstyles/
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    The problem with ELDERS for me is that they are older and walk around cracking their backs, hunched over. I'd like a SENIOR stage somewhere between ADULT and ELDER. A retirement age before all the creaking bones set in.

I'm 47, the freaking bones have definitely set in. :D
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I'm good with all the ages. It's all covered for me.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Unless they flesh out the life stages that we already have, then I’m not interested in getting more. Elders are barely any different than Adults and Young Adults, minus the fact that they look different and they suffer from a repetitively cracking back. Sure, they have some unique dialogue, too, but that’s about it. Adding an even older life stage would be absolutely useless for me if they don’t actually make the one we already have more unique than the younger looking versions of themselves.
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    There’s nothing there to be put after Elder other than death since that’s just how life goes. While there’s possible space for a stage between adult and elder, I don’t see any use for it myself and am happy with how things are.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    I do miss the walking canes from ts3. But mostly my elders don't live long enough to make me wish a new life stage for them. I just add more wrinkles and make them look older with a different haircut, no makeup and "elderly" clothes.

What does bother me more is that elders might run outside to play basketball even if they are "pushing 100". So, maybe they could have bee programmed less active, even if they used to be a pro athlete or have max fitness, they should be slower on their final days :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Speaking as someone who just turned 64, I think the Elders look far too old upon morphing into that stage. I have a few white hairs, so far, but my transition is very slow. Now, maybe I'm lucky or just have great genes, but not everybody looks 83 when they turn 65. Not all are bent over, either. Some of us experience joint aches, true enough, but I would consider myself far from decrepit. It would be wonderful to be able to have various hair styles with a more gradual graying/whitening of the hair. Slow the walk, perhaps, but do not necessitate the using of a cane. I think a younger more vibrant age for the newly turned Elder should come before the one we have now. Already, I've changed back the hair color on one Sim, and left his beard gray. My own hubby sports a beard and that's what has turned gray. So far, it's hard to find any in his hair!

I do agree that teens need to be fixed, first, however.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    You can add wrinkles, like around the mouth and forehead and others, you can even add these to YA and adults. I think it makes anyone look older even the elders. I believe it's in CAS under the face symbol.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I don’t play with elders so another age after elders I also probably won’t play with.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited May 2019
    Speaking as someone who just turned 64, I think the Elders look far too old upon morphing into that stage. I have a few white hairs, so far, but my transition is very slow. Now, maybe I'm lucky or just have great genes, but not everybody looks 83 when they turn 65. Not all are bent over, either. Some of us experience joint aches, true enough, but I would consider myself far from decrepit. It would be wonderful to be able to have various hair styles with a more gradual graying/whitening of the hair. Slow the walk, perhaps, but do not necessitate the using of a cane. I think a younger more vibrant age for the newly turned Elder should come before the one we have now. Already, I've changed back the hair color on one Sim, and left his beard gray. My own hubby sports a beard and that's what has turned gray. So far, it's hard to find any in his hair!

I do agree that teens need to be fixed, first, however.

I agree with them looking too old now. Maybe we need "Retired" and "Ancient" age categories! :)
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited May 2019
    I don't think of my elder sims as in their 60s. What sixty year old looks like that unless they have had a hard life or some other circumstance. Honestly, I look at the Adult stage more of the 50-70 range and the Elders are like 80-100. My mom is 62 and she looks like she is in her 40s. So I don't need another senior life stage because I don't think 60 years olds are elders no matter what society might say.

I would also like to add my great grandfather was 94 with a girlfriend. he passed now but that always made me laugh. You are only as old as you make yourself to be.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited May 2019
    I actually like how they gradually get older as an elder. Havent you noticed? They first just look like a bit older adults. Then they start to walk different and their faces seem to have changed too. i definitely feel they overpass the 65 age stage there.

Instead of another age after elder, I think its more proper for EA to actually give these elders we have now proper hobbies and features such as: babysitting, bingo cafe's, walks in the park (hand in hand), bird watching, doing scrapbook puzzles etc.

Elders have NO meaning in this game and I never play them. Once they get old, their kids are mostly old or even have kids on their own, so Im playing with them. Wish I could have a good time playing with an elder one day! It is boring as heck right now. And over all: MEANINGLESS!
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    Just adding that my sims are 71 when they turn elderly, so I'll not compare them to anyone in their 60s. That said, I'm not sure if 71 is set by the game or by me, I tend to adjust whatever can be adjusted, LOL
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited May 2019
    Might wanna look more towards CC for skin details and wrinkles. There's a lot of good ones.

Think the elders look fine really. Not overly old and not too young. If anything I'd like to see a bit more depth added to them. (Least in terms of family) Another life stage for elders sounds real boring if they aren't adding anything to the table. There's more face details for wrinkles and such.

I play with elders since I let my sims age. :)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    SomebodySomeplaceSomebodySomeplace Posts: 62 Member
    CaityTrina wrote: »

I never thought about it before, but I think it would be nice for there to be one last growth spurt for a sim aging up from teen to Young adult
  • Options
    jupkmnjupkmn Posts: 98 Member
    I always thought elder sims look like they have more than 70 because of their super bad posture and those fun animations of back pain and other stuff. It actually bugs me that even my super healthy sims with level 10 in athletic skills turn into kyphotic elders.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I honestly don’t think we need more life stages. It would be nice if the ones we have got a bit of an update though. But I doubt it since soon not everyone will be able to get updates so idk 🤷‍♀️
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif