Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monthly SimLit Short Story Challenge

Comments

• Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Just under the wire, but I got it done. This month has been super crazy, but I feel accomplished!

Entry for Veteran Category: Lamb vs Lamb: An April Fools Short Story

Staring Second Chances' favorite twins!

WOOO WOOO .. I know you have been so busy <3

LOL the short story is hilarious!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Even tho we still have one more day to sub for April ... I thought some of you might want a slightly early peek at this <3

#MonthlySimLitShortStoryChallenge

Monthly Simlit Short Story Challenge May 2019 Theme
    Post edited by lisabee2 on
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    MenaBuchnerMenaBuchner Posts: 179 Member
    Loved your story!
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    Sometimes I hear about people actually taking good screenshots with the TS4 camera and I'm

1b47ao.jpg

(in all seriousness you use whatever works! :wink:)

It's been a weird month (and a horrible weekend tbh) for me but I'm trying to squeeze one story in before the deadline. Wish me luck!

LOL I know .. the TS4 camera is strange

Look forward to your story <3

I only use the ts4 camera because it's what I know xd
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    Shadami wrote: »
    Sometimes I hear about people actually taking good screenshots with the TS4 camera and I'm

1b47ao.jpg

(in all seriousness you use whatever works! :wink:)

It's been a weird month (and a horrible weekend tbh) for me but I'm trying to squeeze one story in before the deadline. Wish me luck!

LOL I know .. the TS4 camera is strange

Look forward to your story <3

I only use the ts4 camera because it's what I know xd

Same here. Actually, I've gotten some interesting shots setting up an extra Sim as the "camera" and taking screencaps from first person mode.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    TheAemaSimmingTheAemaSimming Posts: 2,684 Member
    edited April 2019
    Ok, I finished this. I actually am a little in awe that I was able to get this story finished so quickly. It was a fun and interesting challenge and I am already excited for the next one. Hopefully I won't push the deadline quite so close but I guess we'll see.
    I am very happy with how this came out. Hope everyone enjoys reading it.

Entry for the Novice Catergory: Life's Folly
  • Options
    chluke75chluke75 Posts: 110 Member
    Nothing like waiting until the last minute, huh. I think it took me almost as long to figure out Wordpress as it did everything else. Eventually I'll get that site figured out, and then things should be more organized, hopefully.

Here is my entry for April's challenge:

https://selfishsimmer.home.blog/2019/04/30/aprils-fool/
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Fam-a-lam, I have indeed become that person this month and get a story out a mere few hours before the deadline with "Zeroth Card".
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    breckenridgebreckenridge Posts: 44 Member
    Fam-a-lam, I have indeed become that person this month and get a story out a mere few hours before the deadline with "Zeroth Card".

I'm sorry, where have you been all my life? I've never read your work before, but I love it!
    My newest chapter-based simlit: Cutback.”
  • Options
    Ok, I finished this. I actually am a little in awe that I was able to get this story finished so quickly. It was a fun and interesting challenge and I am already excited for the next one. Hopefully I won't push the deadline quite so close but I guess we'll see.
    I am very happy with how this came out. Hope everyone enjoys reading it.

Entry for the Novice Catergory: Life's Folly

That was fun indeed!! Fab take on the story.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    chluke75 wrote: »
    Nothing like waiting until the last minute, huh. I think it took me almost as long to figure out Wordpress as it did everything else. Eventually I'll get that site figured out, and then things should be more organized, hopefully.

Here is my entry for April's challenge:

https://selfishsimmer.home.blog/2019/04/30/aprils-fool/

Everything is A OK ... delightful story <3<3 April <3<3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options

I'm sorry, where have you been all my life? I've never read your work before, but I love it!

<3 she has long been one of my reading loves <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    Qnshr5Qnshr5 Posts: 465 Member
    I don't know if I missed what timezone we are supposed to use for the deadline. It's still April where I'm at so I'll post, but if I'm too late that's fine. I started a new blog to put short stories so the blog is very rough! :| I'll make it nice later. Nincompoop
    7YZVoCi.png
  • Options
    Qnshr5 wrote: »
    I don't know if I missed what timezone we are supposed to use for the deadline. It's still April where I'm at so I'll post, but if I'm too late that's fine. I started a new blog to put short stories so the blog is very rough! :| I'll make it nice later. Nincompoop

Pacific time, so you are still good :smile:
  • Options
    Now, to get to reading everyone's stories! :smiley: I avoided looking at them until my own was done, so I didn't subconsciously influence my writing.
  • Options

You are right on time .. only 9:22pm here <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options

OHHH MY LOL poor little nincompoop .. lol had me rolling!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    2 hours 20 minutes to deadline .. the blog is nearly ready to go ... waiting on any last minute entries
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    edited May 2019
    Phew!! OK, talk about getting in right under the wire.

Here is my entry,

Luke-Dawn-2-Medium.jpg?w=1280&ssl=1

Two Fools in Trouble

36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • Options
    I slid my story in at 1:10 AM Central Time. I think that's 11:10 PM PST, so I think I'm good.
  • Options
    I slid my story in at 1:10 AM Central Time. I think that's 11:10 PM PST, so I think I'm good.

woo woo woo you sure did!!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    April's Simlit Short Story Challenge is now closed.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    This link is also posted on the first page

The first month is closed and now the decision is up to you the readers <3

There were sooo many amazing stories. I loved every one of them ..not sure HOW I am going to be able to pick!

Remember that voting closes 7 May at midnight PST

eVf4y7I.jpg

April 2019 submissions:

Monthly Simlit Short Story Challenge April 2019 Submissions & Vote
    Post edited by lisabee2 on
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    So happy to see the statistics this am .. they show everyone has gotten reads and I can see where folks are working thru the list <3 Be sure to make it thru those novices .. you will find some sweet new talent in there!

I was smiling at a comment this am (now you all are liking my heavy hand with the word count) but the reads go very fast!

TY for being wonderful

(BTW there is NO shame in voting for yourself ... if you don't believe in you who will!)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    So happy to see the statistics this am .. they show everyone has gotten reads and I can see where folks are working thru the list <3 Be sure to make it thru those novices .. you will find some sweet new talent in there!

I was smiling at a comment this am (now you all are liking my heavy hand with the word count) but the reads go very fast!

TY for being wonderful

(BTW there is NO shame in voting for yourself ... if you don't believe in you who will!)

I have a number of stories yet to read, which I will work on this evening. WP hates my IPad right now, as I’m unable to like and comment from there. I’ll have to jump on my computer tonight and do it from there instead. So far though, all the stories I’ve read are awesome!

I guess this has been discussed before, but I’ll add my two cents’ worth in regard to word counts. I’m actually not a fan of the 600 max word counts and would much prefer an 800-1200 length. Yes, the reads go very fast, but 600 words is too rushed, IMO. Sure, you have screenshots to help tell the story, but I also like a bit more “meat” to my text rather than just having a “salad.”

This is simply just one person’s opinion, and you certainly can’t please everyone. Anyway, I hope everyone is having a great day. 😊