Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monthly SimLit Short Story Challenge

Comments

• Options
    MinraedMinraed Posts: 1,159 Member
    Ok, so I was overwhelmed with inspiration after reading through all of the entries. I also am just getting back into my game so this gave me a chance to feel may way around again. So here goes, just a little something silly.. which really fits the theme so enjoy!

Everybody Loves a Puppy - find it here... https://simaginarium.com/short-stories/everybody-loves-a-puppy/
    [img][/img] Visit Simaginarium
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    This turned out a little different than my initial inspiration, but I got it done with time to spare! Phew. Hopefully, writing will get easier as the months pass and I get back in the habit.

Fair Game - https://raereigames.wordpress.com/2019/04/27/fair-game/
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Mine turned out different, too--wrote one real quick (oops, it was about ESO!). Came up with another (Climate Change and way depressing), and here's the third!

Fool'D - https://cathytea.wordpress.com/2019/04/27/monthly-simlit-short-story-challenge-april-2019/

@lisabee2 Can you let me know if the Author's Notes at the end make all the points that I need to mention and if they're correct and accurate?

Also, when will the ballot close? I want to be sure to schedule reading time! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    I really wanted to enter, but feel soooo inadequate, plus (okay excuse) I’ve been traveling a ton for work. However, I will definitely read all of these wonderful stories and vote! Such talent! Both old and new! <3

<3 Thanks @lisabee2 for getting this going. <3

I will try to submit an entry in the next one.
  • Options
    sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    My story will be coming tomorrow. The weekend didn’t turn out as planned, but I’ll have the whole house to myself.(well, except for the Golden Boys) tomorrow and I’ll get it finished. In the meantime, I’ve been enjoying the stories posted so far.
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • Options
    Qnshr5Qnshr5 Posts: 465 Member
    I've had the story written since the beginning of the month, but when I opened the game to take pictures, I realized I had never told a story with Sims 4 (which is the only Sims game I have on my current laptop). For some reason, I struggled with pictures all month. What's strange is that I used to love setting up pictures with stories in 2 & 3. My life got super busy and I got very ill and didn't have time or energy for stories only playing the game to relax. I never looked at 4 with a storyteller's eye and now that I'm trying to it's familiar and foreign all at once. I'm giving it another go today (feeling good about it). I know some people here are also getting back into this after an hiatus. Was it like pulling teeth or like sitting down in with an old friend?
    7YZVoCi.png
  • Options
    @Qnshr5 I did so much photo and machinima with TS3 that it was like second nature, so my first little while in TS4 was like pulling teeth. The main thing is to go to the settings to turn on the legacy camera (is it still called that?) or TS3 camera, then it will feel more familiar maybe.
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Minraed wrote: »
    I was using the list on the first page to make sure I read all of the entries, but didn't see Pally's there (I did read it a few days ago via facebook) and just noticed Zach's here in the posts too. I hope I am not missing more. This is not meant to come across rudely, I hope it doesn't.

I was on vacation and the form does not operate well with a cell phone .. but I am getting everything updated now
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Mine turned out different, too--wrote one real quick (oops, it was about ESO!). Came up with another (Climate Change and way depressing), and here's the third!

Fool'D - https://cathytea.wordpress.com/2019/04/27/monthly-simlit-short-story-challenge-april-2019/

@lisabee2 Can you let me know if the Author's Notes at the end make all the points that I need to mention and if they're correct and accurate?

Also, when will the ballot close? I want to be sure to schedule reading time! :)

Voting runs 1 - 7 May (closes midnight PST)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Ok, so I was overwhelmed with inspiration after reading through all of the entries. I also am just getting back into my game so this gave me a chance to feel may way around again. So here goes, just a little something silly.. which really fits the theme so enjoy!

Everybody Loves a Puppy - find it here... https://simaginarium.com/short-stories/everybody-loves-a-puppy/

OHHH a Murky entry .. HAPPY DANCE for dear @Brennachan .. giving a MURKLAND shout out here <3 AND adorable story to boot!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    ra3rei wrote: »
    This turned out a little different than my initial inspiration, but I got it done with time to spare! Phew. Hopefully, writing will get easier as the months pass and I get back in the habit.

Fair Game - https://raereigames.wordpress.com/2019/04/27/fair-game/

Gave me goose chills .. left me totally intrigued!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    Qnshr5 wrote: »
    I've had the story written since the beginning of the month, but when I opened the game to take pictures, I realized I had never told a story with Sims 4 (which is the only Sims game I have on my current laptop). For some reason, I struggled with pictures all month. What's strange is that I used to love setting up pictures with stories in 2 & 3. My life got super busy and I got very ill and didn't have time or energy for stories only playing the game to relax. I never looked at 4 with a storyteller's eye and now that I'm trying to it's familiar and foreign all at once. I'm giving it another go today (feeling good about it). I know some people here are also getting back into this after an hiatus. Was it like pulling teeth or like sitting down in with an old friend?

It is very different from gameplay for sure .. but for me, it is like an itch .. I cannot scratch it enough once I start <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »

The Author's notes are 100 percent!

This had me going and you dropped a twist on me! Very nice!! I was not expecting that.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    @Qnshr5 I did so much photo and machinima with TS3 that it was like second nature, so my first little while in TS4 was like pulling teeth. The main thing is to go to the settings to turn on the legacy camera (is it still called that?) or TS3 camera, then it will feel more familiar maybe.

I too use the ts3 camera
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    I am posting for new member @shellisims2 Narcissas Folly
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    It is a wonderful story @shellisims2 <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    haha @lisabee2 Clearly you are back from vacation judging by the bomb of responses. I hope it was a good vacation.
  • Options
    haha @lisabee2 Clearly you are back from vacation judging by the bomb of responses. I hope it was a good vacation.

It was wonderful .. warm and sunny the whole time I was there .. now back to reality!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Sometimes I hear about people actually taking good screenshots with the TS4 camera and I'm

1b47ao.jpg

(in all seriousness you use whatever works! :wink:)

It's been a weird month (and a horrible weekend tbh) for me but I'm trying to squeeze one story in before the deadline. Wish me luck!
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    TheAemaSimmingTheAemaSimming Posts: 2,684 Member
    I only just saw this challenge at the tail end of last week. It might be crazy but... I was inspired. I've already written the story (hardest part was keeping in the word limit. What can I say I like words...) But I'm pretty proud of it. Just got to get my screenshots done and hopefully I will able to submit it. Good luck to anyone else whose being as crazy as me... lol
  • Options
    LittleRedRidingSimLittleRedRidingSim Posts: 122 Member
    Good day Everyone and pleased to meet all of you sim writers! Here is my entry to SimLit for April:

"Essence of life"
    (made available on my wordpress in the blog section)

I am exceedingly proud of it, as it is not just literature, but literature that ONLY the sims players will understand. It is truly a piece of Sims writing. I am just so happy with the photo edits, the look, the feel, everything and I really hope to gain some readers through participation here! Hope you will be reading and following.
    (My passion project can be found under battyboots.tumblr.com ... it has it's own venue and only 50 readers, so I hope you will consider reading there too!)
    g6e9pimv4c4c.png
  • Options
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    Sometimes I hear about people actually taking good screenshots with the TS4 camera and I'm

1b47ao.jpg

(in all seriousness you use whatever works! :wink:)

It's been a weird month (and a horrible weekend tbh) for me but I'm trying to squeeze one story in before the deadline. Wish me luck!

LOL I know .. the TS4 camera is strange

Look forward to your story <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    I only just saw this challenge at the tail end of last week. It might be crazy but... I was inspired. I've already written the story (hardest part was keeping in the word limit. What can I say I like words...) But I'm pretty proud of it. Just got to get my screenshots done and hopefully I will able to submit it. Good luck to anyone else whose being as crazy as me... lol

Excited to read someone new
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    RethaSim wrote: »
    Good day Everyone and pleased to meet all of you sim writers! Here is my entry to SimLit for April:

"Essence of life"
    (made available on my wordpress in the blog section)

I am exceedingly proud of it, as it is not just literature, but literature that ONLY the sims players will understand. It is truly a piece of Sims writing. I am just so happy with the photo edits, the look, the feel, everything and I really hope to gain some readers through participation here! Hope you will be reading and following.
    (My passion project can be found under battyboots.tumblr.com ... it has it's own venue and only 50 readers, so I hope you will consider reading there too!)

Love a good mystery <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    orangeplumboborangeplumbob Posts: 1,102 Member
    Just under the wire, but I got it done. This month has been super crazy, but I feel accomplished!

Entry for Veteran Category: Lamb vs Lamb: An April Fools Short Story

Staring Second Chances' favorite twins!