Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So about this huge fix patch of theirs...

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    godfatheroz2godfatheroz2 Posts: 87 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »

This is why I only have one save that I intend on keeping and I'm probably going to stop playing her and start her again closer to the end of the series since she's in my gallery.
    It's a sad way to play, but after my experiences in TS2 and TS3, I learned that bugs can stick to saves. My play really consists on experimenting with features and learning what works or what not to do for when I get serious about my Sims. I spend most of my Simming in TS2 and when I can afford a new PC, I'll be diving back into TS3.

Question for you then. When you say shes in the gallery and you plan to use her later, do the bugs stick to saved household/sims? Or could I possibly save my favorite family to the gallery and start a new save with none of the "patched" bugs present? If that made sense.

I don't think they stick to her because she's in there from when I first created her in CAS, so I'm assuming that she is considered completely "unplayed".
    If your Sim is saved after being played, there could be issues.
    *edited to clarify

Ahh okay, thank you for your response. That makes sense.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited April 2019

This is why I only have one save that I intend on keeping and I'm probably going to stop playing her and start her again closer to the end of the series since she's in my gallery.
    It's a sad way to play, but after my experiences in TS2 and TS3, I learned that bugs can stick to saves. My play really consists on experimenting with features and learning what works or what not to do for when I get serious about my Sims. I spend most of my Simming in TS2 and when I can afford a new PC, I'll be diving back into TS3.

Question for you then. When you say shes in the gallery and you plan to use her later, do the bugs stick to saved household/sims? Or could I possibly save my favorite family to the gallery and start a new save with none of the "patched" bugs present? If that made sense.

I wouldn’t think so. The only data that’s saved with played Sims is familial relationships (if applicable), skills, and reward traits. You can start a new game to experiment, your original save file won’t be affected by it.

Edit for clarification: I don’t think bugs will transfer with saved sims.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    o.O Oh dear... I'm wondering now if the reason I have certain bugs/glitches is because I have been starting every new save game with a custom template I made a long time ago. That save has copies of quite a large number of Sims I've created for past challenges/contests/tests, etc. to wander around as townies. Some of them played, some of them unplayed, original newly made copies. Plus, I modified almost ALL the premades, deleted a few, removed some venues, modified others, etc.

Man, I really, REALLY don't want to not use my custom template though when starting a new save game, it was a lot of work setting that up like I wanted it. GAH!

I might try it once though, as an experiment too, just to see how it goes. If there isn't much of a difference, I could always just go back to using my custom template. The glitches/bugs I have aren't all that bad, not game breaking anyway. I can overlook them... if I have to... I guess. *shrugs*
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited April 2019
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I believe the overlapping festivals are actually fixed, but only for new saves. In an existing save, you have to delete all the festival item once (using the destroyobjectcheat mod: https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/sonstige-mods/) and afterwards everything should be fine. I did that in my game after they first "fixed" festivals and didn't have the bug reoccur since.

I still got actions constantly dropping from the queue, teleporting and once also a Sims pretending to be at work while actually being at home (which should have been fixed if you believe the patch notes). The bug with flowers spreading all over at the romance festival is also not fixed.

So to sum it up in order to really see the fixes listed in the patch notes one must start a new save? (Besides applying the manual fix you suggested of course 😉)

Well if that's the case I'm plummed. I do have a fresh unplayed save where all I did was renovate the lots I wonder if that will work like a normal new save. I just don't want to keep starting over again with save after save 😕😩😵

I remember they used to recommend that years ago. They said each time a new patch comes out, you should be starting a new save. Pretty unreasonable if you ask me.

That being said, when I have actually started a new save, it felt like the game ran smoother and faster. I wonder if saving households and homes to the gallery and plopping them down in the new save would bring back any old issues.

I used to do that as well but got tired of losing progress with my active family (when uploading them to the gallery: relationships between them would not be the same amongst each other and don't get me started on the character values for children 😒)
    So what I did was renovate a fresh save and not play on it , except when they force you to start in CAS which is still annoying to me tbh. And once everything was to my liking I would back that save up. So anytime my save got slow or I got tired of it I would just boot up my fresh backup and play again and it would be much faster and smoother of course. But you're right starting a new save every patch it's like it's like what? And I would not want to repeat the Strangerville story each and every time with a new save just to be able to live there normally.

@Karababy52 I feel your pain believe me I do. Before I would save a back up of a renovated game I was just replacing my sims and lots and it would take FOREEEEHHVERRR! That's what made me back it up in the first place. I've been debating for the longest time to revert back to starting a new save and just playing it as is, however I've been so spoiled by having it my way, with my sims (I deleted all premades in my game) and seeing the lots customized in the way I like it its hard reverting back. I've become a control freak😂.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited April 2019
    It would be a nightmare to start over considering familial relationship only saved in only that one particular tray sims, and my sims have many descendants and no other easy way to recreate familial relationship to preserve family tree considering mccc one is kind of buggy.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited April 2019
    I think they hyped this patch up a little too much, with tweets like that this was one of their largest fixes ever. I was also disappointed that there were a lot of bugs that was not fixed with this patch but I understand that they can't prioritize everything. The developers seem a little naive with promises that these patches will fix everything.

Still, how many people are working with actually fixing bugs over there? 200 developers and they can't assign people who could release patches more often? At this rate some bugs will never get fixed.
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited April 2019
    The festivals overlapping actually fixed this patch, but I think that's the only thing from the patch notes that's been resolved for me. In fact, it actually made a few things worse.

My sims teleport more now than ever. And the glitch where Sims are going out to the wrong lot when invited out wasn't an issue for me before the patch, but now it's a big problem, with no one ever going to the lot they were supposed to.

There are still a few other bugs I was experiencing that were supposed to be fixed, but I haven't tested yet, so there could still be other things I'm still having issues with that shouldn't be a problem anymore.
    Post edited by thatsnotsweg on
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I think sims 4 should have an option to opt for beta updates for pretesting the patches prior releasing them for everyone, my game is even more buggier right now.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    It would be a nightmare to start over considering familial relationship only saved in only that one particular tray sims, and my sims have many descendants and no other easy way to recreate familial relationship to preserve family tree considering mccc one is kind of buggy.

I've considered that too. You can only have 8 Sims in a household so my Sim wouldn't be able to have brothers, parents, AND children if I saved them to the library, since that would be too many Sims smh.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Last night I started a completely brand new save and it's actually buggier than when I use my custom template. I had more routing issues, more teleporting, more commands dropping from the queue (which now includes my Sim standing in a t-pose for a few seconds afterward) and a campfire fire that I couldn't put out. I haven't had a campfire fire in literally years with a multitude of Sims using one! So in my experience, taking the generally accepted advice of starting a new completely untouched save for improved gameplay, didn't work.

However, none of these issues were things supposedly fixed in the last patch. I haven't played long enough to check on those yet. Debating on if I even want to keep playing this save file now. But, I love the Sim I made. lol Might just start over with her in a copy of my custom template since she hasn't progressed very far anyway. Or I could just keep going to see if the things supposedly fixed in the patch are truly fixed in this save file. Hmm... #decisionsdecisions
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2019
    The festivals overlapping actually fixed this patch, but I think that's the only thing from the patch notes that's been resolved for me. In fact, it actually made a few things worse.

My sims teleport more now than ever. And the glitch where Sims are going out to the wrong lot when invited out wasn't an issue for me before the patch, but now it's a big problem, with no one ever going to the lot they were supposed to.

There are still a few other bugs I was experiencing that were supposed to be fixed, but I haven't tested yet, so there could still be other things I'm still having issues with that shouldn't be a problem anymore.

This! My sim when invited are now going always to apartment halls. Every time! And I didn't have this bug before the patch
  • Options
    LumigensLumigens Posts: 41 Member
    I definitely agree. I heard this was supposed to be the biggest bug patch for TS4 yet, and I was disappointed by the fact that they mostly fixed minor bugs.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I'm starting to think that is the patch that added the biggest bugs to the game. I also have more issues with teleporting and issues with the stinky leaf piles that you light on fore and they still don't go away. I have issues with inviting my vet employees out as they leave as soon as the location loads. I don't even go to San myshuno anymore because of all the issues there. The routing issues are starting to remind me of the sims 3. It's become a huge mess for me whether I use a new save or my custom fresh save where I've renovated all lots and deleted all premades making my own sims. It's crazy... I just want to play. It's bad enough I have to get passed the lack of personality difference in each sim and the repetitiveness of the game but to have to deal with all these issues and still force myself to try to enjoy the game it's frustrating...
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited May 2019
    Imo they may have waited too long until the bugs are now numerous and now they want to fix them all and it may and it may not as seeing something else fails and the fix becomes paradoxical. Why wait so long when the bugs should be fixed as it present itself. So much wrong with the product of Sims 4 and I am not going to sugarcoat it because some hate to see the game critized because it is an Sims game as in my eye there is nothing spectacular about it.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    My game basically worked fine until the update. Now nothing works properly.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    XiraiyaXiraiya Posts: 38 Member
    edited May 2019
    Aside from some general weird teleporting and quirks, my game is running okay, however I still see sims dying frequently, sometimes 2 a night because they're all jogging in freezing temperature and then freeze to death when they stop for even a moment.

Every bit of information I've looked up about this from a year ago either claims it was being looked into or was fixed. But I just came back to the game a month ago and I'm still experiencing these joggers freezing to death.

Cold weather clothing should take priority over everything when out in the cold. I can see about 5 or 6 people standing on my street at 1am in athletic gear chatting among themselves and the only way I can save them is by forcing outfit changes only if I notice them.

Am I expected to play the game with certain features disabled? That seems silly.
  • Options
    In my opinion, I think they should release a patch bi-weekly just to address bugs instead of bundling them all together in one big patch, reducing the risk of introducing new bugs because of the supposed bug fix, that way they can easily keep track which fixes creating a new bug. I may not a software engineer but I learn quite a bit about software development in a class so this is purely my 2 cents.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    godfatheroz2godfatheroz2 Posts: 87 Member
    In my opinion, I think they should release a patch bi-weekly just to address bugs instead of bundling them all together in one big patch, reducing the risk of introducing new bugs because of the supposed bug fix, that way they can easily keep track which fixes creating a new bug. I may not a software engineer but I learn quite a bit about software development in a class so this is purely my 2 cents.

I like this idea. Just one team focused on bug fixes, all the time. lol
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member

I like this idea. Just one team focused on bug fixes, all the time. lol

Yes, that's what they should do in my opinion as well, they should have at least one developer from each team work with bug fixing with meetings every week where they look on answer hq on the posts with the most "me too" and talk and discuss what can be done, and also try to replicate the bugs themselves.

They could even stream the whole thing, where the community could confirm or help them when they test things. I would honestly watch that.
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I’ve heard of lots of problems with this patch. That’s why personally, I haven’t updated yet and haven’t played until the new update comes out.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€