Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So about this huge fix patch of theirs...

... is it just me or is A LOT still broken?

I still have overlapping festivals.

I still have teleporting sims.

I still can´t clear table when sitting by a circular table.

And new ones...

My toddlers drop everything if I queue anything up (and in a big household that is da bomb!)

There is probably a ton more, but still WTL (What The Lama)!!!

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited April 2019
    I have been noticing a lot more teleporting since the update. I tell a Sim to wash the dishes, she’ll grab a plate off the bar, teleport in front of the tv and then teleport back to the bar and walk to the dishwasher.

What’s up with that?
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited April 2019
    Yeah I thought this was supposed to be big bug fixes, but lot of the bug are still unresolved and supposed bug fix are not working. Idk whether power/weakness of vampire still linger after being cured is still a thing.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    orlyonokorlyonok Posts: 191 Member
    So it´s not just me and my game then :s
  • Options
    godfatheroz2godfatheroz2 Posts: 87 Member
    Yes, my sims still teleport a lot. Even the NPC's. Frustrating
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    I am also seeing more teleporting and a lot of routing errors that I never had before and there is no obvious reason for them. More sims freezing up too.
    Also - sims queues still get repeated 'pet me' autonomous commands from their pets - not as bad as it was but not fixed either.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I’ve noticed more teleporting too, nothing major but more than before. I do think they did fix a lot though. Most of what they said was fixed was actually fixed (I haven’t messed with festivals yet so I cannot fully comment on that). Some issues are worse now unfortunately but hopefully it will put them more on the radar. These guys work hard on these patches, I cannot imagine programming a game as massive with as many configurations as sims and they can’t possibly test it on every single computer either. Hopefully we get another big patch in May :).
  • Options
    Isa_MenezesIsa_Menezes Posts: 101 Member
    orlyonok wrote: »

I still have teleporting sims.

I still can´t clear table when sitting by a circular table.

And new ones...

My toddlers drop everything if I queue anything up (and in a big household that is da bomb!)

There is probably a ton more, but still WTL (What The Lama)!!!

Hy, everyone! Are your screenshots a little blurred after the last update?
    Mine are and a friend of mine told hers are blurred too. O.o
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Teleporting has been a problem since a so long time, I can't believe it hasn't still been adressed...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    The teleporting is visually annoying but doesn’t seem to actually affect the game? The bug where they drop the queue is actually frustrating for gameplay.

I turned sims on today for the first time since installing the patch, and the first thing it did was load up with 2 songs playing overlapping?! Wasn’t that one of the bugs they fixed in this patch?
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Yeah most of the big ones are still there. I’m beginning to think they won’t fix them. The teleporting one really aggravates me. It didn’t used to happen, it’s a shame they’ve let it go on this long.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Have you remembered to patch the game? If you did, maybe repair it?
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    ddd994 wrote: »
    The teleporting is visually annoying but doesn’t seem to actually affect the game? The bug where they drop the queue is actually frustrating for gameplay.

I turned sims on today for the first time since installing the patch, and the first thing it did was load up with 2 songs playing overlapping?! Wasn’t that one of the bugs they fixed in this patch?

Actually that happened to me today too. The menu music was playing during Live Mode. I had to quit the game and reopen it again, that time no music.
  • Options
    Have you remembered to patch the game? If you did, maybe repair it?

Yeah, it´s fully patched, repaired and I have also deleted localthumbscache.package

No luck!
  • Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member

Well, plum. This is the fix I was most excited about. If this is true, means it's not fixed even after, what, 3 attempts now? :/

• Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    jooxis wrote: »

Well, plum. This is the fix I was most excited about. If this is true, means it's not fixed even after, what, 3 attempts now? :/

I don’t expect any kind of fix for it. It’s just a bad design.
  • Options
    MarvinKoshMarvinKosh Posts: 20 Member
    Nope, it's not just you. I'm waiting for fixes to Vampires so I can continue one of my saves. The Draught of Reconfiguration doesn't actually clear vampire weaknesses and powers like it should, if I re-load my game some of them are back.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    I believe the overlapping festivals are actually fixed, but only for new saves. In an existing save, you have to delete all the festival item once (using the destroyobjectcheat mod: https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/sonstige-mods/) and afterwards everything should be fine. I did that in my game after they first "fixed" festivals and didn't have the bug reoccur since.

I still got actions constantly dropping from the queue, teleporting and once also a Sims pretending to be at work while actually being at home (which should have been fixed if you believe the patch notes). The bug with flowers spreading all over at the romance festival is also not fixed.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I believe the overlapping festivals are actually fixed, but only for new saves. In an existing save, you have to delete all the festival item once (using the destroyobjectcheat mod: https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/sonstige-mods/) and afterwards everything should be fine. I did that in my game after they first "fixed" festivals and didn't have the bug reoccur since.

I still got actions constantly dropping from the queue, teleporting and once also a Sims pretending to be at work while actually being at home (which should have been fixed if you believe the patch notes). The bug with flowers spreading all over at the romance festival is also not fixed.

That's awesome, I did not know this <3

I'm gonna try it as soon as I get home from work today!

Thanks a lot for the tips :smiley:
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member

So to sum it up in order to really see the fixes listed in the patch notes one must start a new save? (Besides applying the manual fix you suggested of course 😉)

Well if that's the case I'm plummed. I do have a fresh unplayed save where all I did was renovate the lots I wonder if that will work like a normal new save. I just don't want to keep starting over again with save after save 😕😩😵
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options

So to sum it up in order to really see the fixes listed in the patch notes one must start a new save? (Besides applying the manual fix you suggested of course 😉)

Well if that's the case I'm plummed. I do have a fresh unplayed save where all I did was renovate the lots I wonder if that will work like a normal new save. I just don't want to keep starting over again with save after save 😕😩😵

I remember they used to recommend that years ago. They said each time a new patch comes out, you should be starting a new save. Pretty unreasonable if you ask me.

That being said, when I have actually started a new save, it felt like the game ran smoother and faster. I wonder if saving households and homes to the gallery and plopping them down in the new save would bring back any old issues.
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »

I remember they used to recommend that years ago. They said each time a new patch comes out, you should be starting a new save. Pretty unreasonable if you ask me.

That being said, when I have actually started a new save, it felt like the game ran smoother and faster. I wonder if saving households and homes to the gallery and plopping them down in the new save would bring back any old issues.

I would like to know this as well. It sort of defeats the purpose of fixing things if you can't play the save you worked on. I will most likely start a new save at some point to test the theory, but I am reluctant. If I can still save certain household and homes I may be more inclined to do so.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited April 2019
    Chazzzy wrote: »

This is why I only have one save that I intend on keeping and I'm probably going to stop playing her and start her again closer to the end of the series since she's in my gallery.
    It's a sad way to play, but after my experiences in TS2 and TS3, I learned that bugs can stick to saves. My play really consists on experimenting with features and learning what works or what not to do for when I get serious about my Sims. I spend most of my Simming in TS2 and when I can afford a new PC, I'll be diving back into TS3.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    Anmirla wrote: »

This is why I only have one save that I intend on keeping and I'm probably going to stop playing her and start her again closer to the end of the series since she's in my gallery.
    It's a sad way to play, but after my experiences in TS2 and TS3, I learned that bugs can stick to saves. My play really consists on experimenting with features and learning what works or what not to do for when I get serious about my Sims. I spend most of my Simming in TS2 and when I can afford a new PC, I'll be diving back into TS3.

Question for you then. When you say shes in the gallery and you plan to use her later, do the bugs stick to saved household/sims? Or could I possibly save my favorite family to the gallery and start a new save with none of the "patched" bugs present? If that made sense.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member

It certainly shouldn't be the case, but that's how it is. They clearly should have mentioned it as they did with some fixes in the Friday patch.

Saves that haven't experienced the bug should be fine though.

I didn't start a new save but deleted the overlapping festival parts once and it never occurred again afterwards (must be several months now). I did the same with one of the DJ booths at the Windenburg dance event (at the bluffs) after it got corrupted during rain and the next time everything was fine again. I had tried resetting it before that but that didn't work at all.

I really don't get why EA disabled that cheat. I was also very useful to get rid of that bug last year where new plants would constantly spawn all over the public space in each neighbourhood.

EA are not that much into long-time saves apparantly. I still got plenty of ghost Sims as hidden households in my game (entire generations of deceased Sims) - just because EA once introduced a bug where the ghosts that had already been sent to the netherworld would show up again in worlds. Now I cannot even delete those ghosts as that would corrupt my five generations family tree. :(

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited April 2019
    Anmirla wrote: »

Question for you then. When you say shes in the gallery and you plan to use her later, do the bugs stick to saved household/sims? Or could I possibly save my favorite family to the gallery and start a new save with none of the "patched" bugs present? If that made sense.

I don't think they stick to her because she's in there from when I first created her in CAS, so I'm assuming that she is considered completely "unplayed".
    If your Sim is saved after being played, there could be issues.
    *edited to clarify
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif