Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anybody else sometimes change the names of premades

Ok, I am satisfied enough to start slowly adding back in CC and Mods. I was thinking about how I don't think some of the premade Sims names fit them and was thinking about changing them. For example, Mr Romero makes me think of a Reginald or a Giovanni or some romantic kind of hot guy name. While Mr Rocca needs a very passionate name like Eros or Adonis. I usually try to hook one of my households I am playing, with him, because of him being such a sweetie and very giving and passionate in his romantic relationships. There are others. Or I could just keep their names too. Just a thought.
Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]

Comments

• Options
    shatinnshatinn Posts: 35 Member
    I don't mind their original name but if I decided to play some of the townie I tend to give them a middle name.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Can you post a picture of this Mr. Romero? To my knowledge, he's not in my game.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I don't think I would like to change any premade sim names. I'm fine changing the random townie names though since a lot of them are bad foreign names that I don't really like.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2019
    I don't. If they are in the game already and have a name, they keep that name. I only name Sims I put in the game or that is born in the game. I tend to play a lot of Sims and don't really want to pick names for any that already have one. LOL.

I do wonder though if I got a sim with a name I really disliked if that might prompt me to change it - but so far I don't tend to.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    The only premade I've ever considered changing their name is Johnny Zest since he's actually a Landgraab. But in the end I resisted because I figured he gave himself that last name, it's a stage name, so I think it must mean something personally to him. In some save files I have moved him back into the Landgraab estate with Malcolm though after their parents are gone.

Sometimes I don't change their last names after a marriage to one of my Sims either. Not everyone automatically changes their last name after getting married. Especially celebrities, authors, etc. 9/10 times I'll change it, but there's been a few I haven't for various reasons.

I have no qualms about changing townie names, but that's another subject. :)
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Nope. Changing their name would feel weird to me since I know them by their originals.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I don't personally change the names of premades because the association is too strong and I've never felt a reason to. I would probably change their surnames if they got married, but that's it. I do however change the names of randomly generated sims (if I don't delete them first, that is), particularly if I can't pronounce their original name or it just doesn't suit the sim. The beauty of sims though is you can play it however you like, so you can and should change the names if you want to. People in real life sometimes change their names too, so why not? :)
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    edited April 2019
    The only time where I changed a premade's name is when I changed Brant Hecking into a woman so I renamed her Brandi.

Otherwise I don't change their names.
  • Options
    jupkmnjupkmn Posts: 98 Member
    I only change the names of the ones that are randomly generated, but not the official ones.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Mostly pregenerated townies, renaming them based on their ethnicity.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I removed the “III” from J Huntington’s name because I think it looks weird if he has kids for it to be part of their names too. Other than that, no. Unless marrying Summer Holiday to a guy sim counts. Now she’s Summer Lockhart.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Nope. I sometimes give premades new relationships or family members, like that time I made Bella Goth's dad Vladislaus Straud and gave Cassandra a twin sister who was a vampire.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Once in a while I’ll change their names, I have a lot of ongoing saves and sometimes just want to mix it up.
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    Only if they switch gender, really. But the townies, YES! Especially if I have a few that spawn with the same last names and/or if their names don't really fit their ethnicity or is unpronounceable by me.
  • Options
    JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    edited April 2019
    Yes I do, a lot. There is only so many sims named Tanaka, Mori, Ghandi, Geffedi, Mosouni and so on that I can tolerate. Ever since I bought CL every premade generated has a Far Eastern/middle eastern name, it’s not diverse. I’ve went so far as eliminating premades with mods, because the regeneration of same names and weird outfits is beyond annoying.
  • Options
    KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    JC1979 wrote: »
    Yes I do, a lot. There is only so many sims named Tanaka, Mori, Ghandi, Geffedi, Mosouni and so on that I can tolerate. Ever since I bought CL every premade generated has a Far Eastern/middle eastern name, it’s not diverse. I’ve went so far as eliminating premades with mods, because the regeneration of same names and weird outfits is beyond annoying.

That’s randomly generated not premades. But yeah I change those too.

I don’t change the names of premades I just delete them. I do keep the Goths, Landgraabs, pizzaz, and maybe 1 or 2 others.
  • Options
    siminettesiminette Posts: 160 Member
    I changed their names, I changed their looks, I also deleted a lot of them. My game my rules :)
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Mr Romero is part of Paragon he is usually hooked with Sioban Fyres in the game. That is the game's doing not mine.
    UjJaprG.png
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited April 2019
    I change most NPC names that don't follow any kind of workable naming convention that I can explain in a given save. I mean, if I've created a neighborhood of mixed races, the names might be fine, unless they are all of a single type and ignore other naming conventions.

Example: If I have Nordic or Slavic appearing sims, African or Jamaican appearing sims, any of the Asian appeaing sims, or East Indian in appearance and every single family has East Indian names, I change them up and make them make sense. For instance, I have no problem with a name like Heidi Nakamura if say....one of the Munch family married one of the Nakamura family, but having 80 sims running 'round all with the name Johnson would really irk me. Or Yuki Johanson from parents of workable lineage, but just having 80 sims running round with the name Kimura would also irk me.

I realize we live in a world where names don't necessarily match nationality because we live in a lovely melting pot these days, but whole neighborhoods full of people with all one nationality's naming conventions or names that don't make any since in ANY culture... they get changed.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    PlumbobMafiaQueenPlumbobMafiaQueen Posts: 147 Member

Wow someone else actually has this issue ! I love some diversity but ever since I bought City Living almost all the random townies are Tanakas or masoumis or hakashi ! I used to have hispanic last names , more common ones , South asian but now they're all extinct.

• Options
    JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    @PlumbobMafiaQueen exactly. I love diversity, but it’s no longer diverse when most sims generated either look the same with beyond bad fashion choices and/or have the same Asian names. I have also noticed CL has driven out Latin named sims as well. I don’t know why that particular expansion has so much dominance over the entire game.
  • Options
    MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    edited April 2019

Wow someone else actually has this issue ! I love some diversity but ever since I bought City Living almost all the random townies are Tanakas or masoumis or hakashi ! I used to have hispanic last names , more common ones , South asian but now they're all extinct.

Exactly, and almost every sim generated by the wishing well (under wish for romance), and some working at the film studio have this issue too. Regardless, it seems, of their actual heritage. So yes I do change names.
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,099 Member
    I once changed the Munch's last name to Munchausen. Only because Windenberg has that German feel and I wanted more German Sims in that town.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    I removed the “III” from J Huntington’s name because I think it looks weird if he has kids for it to be part of their names too. Other than that, no. Unless marrying Summer Holiday to a guy sim counts. Now she’s Summer Lockhart.

I think this might be one the one exception that I will change as well because that "lll" has always bothered me. :D
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    No never. I love them as they are.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/