Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Keyboard And Mouse Support Coming Later Today To Consoles!!!!! (Now Out)

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    SimsayCD wrote: »
    This is so exciting for console players! I've been so tempted to double dip and buy the game on console just so I could have the experience of getting cozy in bed while I play on my TV, but using those complicated controls and the limited camera movements really turned me off.

Now I just need them to release the Gallery on console and I think I actually would invest in buying the game for my Xbox, even though I own all of the packs on PC...

Yes I play Sims 4 on both PC and Console.
  • Options
    4 Days Left!!!!!
  • Options
    3 Days Woot!!!!!!

I'm really excited about this. Still haven't bought a keyboard and mouse though.
  • Options
    ThatssjustmeThatssjustme Posts: 16 Member
    Now I wish I had mouse and keyboard 😩
  • Options
    Now I wish I had mouse and keyboard 😩

You can get a cheap one for $24. Look for the keyboard/mouse combo.
  • Options
    xingyicaicnxingyicaicn Posts: 170 Member
    I’ll use K&M for building only when i hook my PS4 onto a smaller TV in my room; for gameplay I will use still controller on a bigger TV in the living room.
    H O P E H A S A P L A C E
  • Options
    _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    I have a mouse and keyboard that may work with the update. I'll test with them and if I enjoy using that set up over the controller I may then possibly buy a more up-to-date mouse and keyboard.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • Options
    LoneheartLoneheart Posts: 9 New Member
    I haven't used mouse and keyboard on my PS4 at all.

Is it as simple as just plugging it into the USB ports and away you go?
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Just when I was getting the hang of the joystick for everything... :D

I've never tried to use a BT mouse or keyboard with my PS4, so I may have to make a purchase this week. Not to mention Spa Day is this week, too.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    1 Day!!!!

Keyboard and mouse update along with bug fixes patch is out Tomorrow!!!!!
    Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • Options
    jamesgal_5jamesgal_5 Posts: 1 New Member
    Isn’t there only one usb port for the xbox (dont know about PS4)? What if you have a wireless keyboard and mouse and both have a dongle(one for each)?
  • Options
    vyvexthornevyvexthorne Posts: 66 Member
    edited April 2019
    jamesgal_5 wrote: »
    Isn’t there only one usb port for the xbox (dont know about PS4)? What if you have a wireless keyboard and mouse and both have a dongle(one for each)?

On the back there are 2 (at least on the xbox one S.) Obviously if you are already using them for external drives or whatever you won't have enough.. You could always get a usb hub but I have no idea how effective those are. You'd definitely want to do a little research so you get one that others have tried and say works for them.

• Options
    I can hardly wait. This Update is out Later Today. It's after Midnight on the East Coast as I"m typing this.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I'd love to get a keyboard and mouse for my PS4 slim, but I only have two USB ports. One is for my Thrustmaster T300RS racing wheel + pedals for my racing games. The other I leave free for a USB drive to save my replays and screenshots.

Does anyone know if I can do BT without using up the remaining USB port for a dongle?
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    Alishx55Alishx55 Posts: 2 New Member
    Does anyone know what time it’s released today?
  • Options
    Alishx55 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what time it’s released today?

Probably around 1 30 PM Eastern.
  • Options
    Alishx55Alishx55 Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="catloverplayer;c-17035749"][quote="Alishx55;c-17035617"]Does anyone know what time it’s released today? [/quote]

Probably around 1 30 PM Eastern.[/quote]

Thankyou
  • Options
    StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    sikasika18 wrote: »
    Finally =D This is the best news ever!
    The controls really wasn't good imo and I preferred the light beam from the sims 3 on consoles but this is even better.

Interesting! I myself was never a fan of the light beam. It was too big and distracting plus it got in the way.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    jamesgal_5 wrote: »

Xbox 1 has 3 USB ports. Two of them are located on the back of the console while the third is either on the front or the left side depending on if you have the S/X version or the original launch version. If using 2 ports is a concern you could always buy a combo mouse/keyboard that work from the same USB dongle. Happy simming!
  • Options
    SimsayCDSimsayCD Posts: 95 Member
    I tried out the new keyboard + mouse support for console and it doesn't even feel like I'm playing it on console anymore, it feels just like when I have my PC connected to my TV while I play!

The only downside is that it seems like the mouse has some movement lag to it. I don't know if that was intentional? Other than that, I am very pleased that the Sims Team did this for console players.
  • Options
    SimsayCD wrote: »
    I tried out the new keyboard + mouse support for console and it doesn't even feel like I'm playing it on console anymore, it feels just like when I have my PC connected to my TV while I play!

The only downside is that it seems like the mouse has some movement lag to it. I don't know if that was intentional? Other than that, I am very pleased that the Sims Team did this for console players.

If you go into mouse settings in the game you can adjust mouse speed. By the way have you used the Sims 3 Camera?
  • Options
    SimsayCDSimsayCD Posts: 95 Member

If you go into mouse settings in the game you can adjust mouse speed. By the way have you used the Sims 3 Camera?

I went into the mouse settings and adjusted the mouse speed which certainly helped with how fast it moves, but I still notice a lag. Is this just me?

Also yes I have used the Sims 3 camera and it works just like on PC. :smile: