Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Welp guess I'm gonna have to buy a keyboard and mouse for my PS4 now ^_^
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    And for those of you wondering the lunar moon update is next week

• Options
    floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    Super excited to finally use the sims 3 camera. :relaxed:
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    Although I don't own the console version of the game, it's neat that it will now have the same level of flexibility as the PC version.
  • Options
    Looking forward to taking pics with the c button and using cameraman mode on with the tab key on the PS4.
  • Options
    BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    It's about time for mouse and keyboard support for console! It's nice that people who have consoles will be able to play the game like the majority of the simmers out there do. Maybe I'll buy Sims 4 for console along with mouse and keyboard, just to be able to play the sims 4 on a bigger screen!
    Proud simmer
  • Options
    PianoCollectorPianoCollector Posts: 108 Member
    This is fantastic! I bought the base game, and City Living bundle, when they were on sale for super-cheap in the Playstation Store a few weeks back. My semi-older iMac desktop fell short of the new, upcoming spec requirement changes, but as a die-hard sims fan, I couldn't resist trying out the ps4 version for only about $7 (CAD) or so.
    I'm loving almost everything about it, except the camera style (I only ever used the "Sims 3 cam" mode), and the cumbersome, limited capabilities of the PS4 controller. I'm definitely excited for this update <3 .
  • Options
    MelmackMelmack Posts: 212 Member
    I was pretty stoked on everything in the stream today; there's a ton to look forward to! But when they mentioned this for console I was audibly giddy. I'm reeeally looking forward to being able to type on the keyboard, I have several author and streamer sims and I hate not describing their work/giving it a shorter title because I can't be bothered to type up anything with the controller! Plus typing cheat codes! And building, with a mouse again! (it's been so long for me😭) I'm PUMPED!
  • Options
    This is fantastic! I bought the base game, and City Living bundle, when they were on sale for super-cheap in the Playstation Store a few weeks back. My semi-older iMac desktop fell short of the new, upcoming spec requirement changes, but as a die-hard sims fan, I couldn't resist trying out the ps4 version for only about $7 (CAD) or so.
    I'm loving almost everything about it, except the camera style (I only ever used the "Sims 3 cam" mode), and the cumbersome, limited capabilities of the PS4 controller. I'm definitely excited for this update <3 .

Sims 3 Camera is coming with keyboard and mouse to the consoles along with cameraman view.
  • Options
    6 days!!!!!!
  • Options
    StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    Exciting times!
  • Options
    RyphlandRyphland Posts: 25 Member
    I’ve been looking forward to this! Next week feels like Christmas with keyboard & mouse support and Spa Day coming.
    While I’ve become surprisingly adept with the controller I’m excited to take advantage of the K&M setup for building :)
  • Options
    Ryphland wrote: »
    I’ve been looking forward to this! Next week feels like Christmas with keyboard & mouse support and Spa Day coming.
    While I’ve become surprisingly adept with the controller I’m excited to take advantage of the K&M setup for building :)

I'm excited the mouse and keyboard is bringing the TS3 Camera back.
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member

It's amazing how much they improved the console controls since release. While I have also gotten much better with them keyboard and mouse will be way more efficient I bet :)
  • Options

Yes it really does feel like Christmas.
  • Options
    sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    Finally =D This is the best news ever!
    The controls really wasn't good imo and I preferred the light beam from the sims 3 on consoles but this is even better.
  • Options
    vyvexthornevyvexthorne Posts: 66 Member
    I actually got pretty darn used to using the controller. Everything on the controller is like a keyboard hotkey. I'll have to see how it works out and which I feel more comfortable with. Lapboard sitting on my lap with keyboard and mouse on top has never really felt all that great to me so I might end up sticking with the controller.
  • Options
    I hope all brands of keyboard and mouse are compatible.
  • Options
    vyvexthornevyvexthorne Posts: 66 Member
    edited April 2019
    States you need a wired usb connection (or I guess at least a usb dongle for wireless.) but doesn't state that you need to own anything special so I'm assuming anything will do. I'll either have to go buy a wireless and a dongle or two 10 foot usb extension cables. .. or sit really, really close to the t.v... on the floor.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/ease-of-access/mouse-keyboard
  • Options
    States you need a wired usb connection (or I guess at least a usb dongle for wireless.) but doesn't state that you need to own anything special so I'm assuming anything will do. I'll either have to go buy a wireless and a dongle or two 10 foot usb extension cables. .. or sit really, really close to the t.v... on the floor.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/ease-of-access/mouse-keyboard

I believe the wireless ones come with the dongle included. I'm going wireless.
  • Options
    SimsayCDSimsayCD Posts: 95 Member
    This is so exciting for console players! I've been so tempted to double dip and buy the game on console just so I could have the experience of getting cozy in bed while I play on my TV, but using those complicated controls and the limited camera movements really turned me off.

Now I just need them to release the Gallery on console and I think I actually would invest in buying the game for my Xbox, even though I own all of the packs on PC...