Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there an easier way to demolish a world?

FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
I have come across some annoyances lately when it comes to demolishing lots and changing lot types and saving lots to the library.
I have decided to demolish Oasis Springs, but it already puts me off when it has to take me hours to open every lot, save the lot to the library, bulldoze it and change the lot type so i can freely build on them.

Shouldn't we get an easier way by now?

I would suggest to have all these tools available in the main world screen, so you don't have to click individually on each lot. there should be a save to library, bulldoze and change lot type button.

OR for those who are sure to delete all at once: a bulldoze all lots button! Maybe even a way so we can select lots together we want to bulldoze. What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited April 2019
    I would be happy if we could just click on a lot and bulldoze from the map. That bothers me the most. Plus I preferred being able to place a lot from the map. But yeah all those would be nice to have from the map.

Personally I wouldn't worry about saving maxis made lots if you're talking about those. If you do want to use one later you can always start a new save game and save from there as needed.

I usually save my own builds when I'm done with them. I have build save games so I can play test them before using them in my "played games". I cleared the worlds for that but just bulldozed the lots so it wasn't quite as time consuming.

I usually don't bother changing the lot type until I place a lot since you can't do that from the map either and I've never planned out worlds ahead of time.

I think if I did that it might be easier to just draw out a map and stick to it than designate lot types in the game.

Are you planning on filling the world right away or build as you go?
    Post edited by N0NoTToN0N on
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I wish there was a bulldoze lot button from the main menu as well. But I’ve opted for downloaded an empty world save instead.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    I've only cleared a world once, so forgive me for such a basic question. Why do you need to save each lot to the library before bulldozing it?

And although it doesn't make the process any less tedious, you can make a "mother save" of the cleared out Oasis Spring in case you want to start another game with an empty Oasis Spring.
  • Options
    treece01 wrote: »
    I would be happy if we could just click on a lot and bulldoze from the map. That bothers me the most. Plus I preferred being able to place a lot from the map. But yeah all those would be nice to have from the map.

Personally I wouldn't worry about saving maxis made lots if you're talking about those. If you do want to use one later you can always start a new save game and save from there as needed.

I usually save my own builds when I'm done with them. I have build save games so I can play test them before using them in my "played games". I cleared the worlds for that but just bulldozed the lots so it wasn't quite as time consuming.

I usually don't bother changing the lot type until I place a lot since you can't do that from the map either and I've never planned out worlds ahead of time.

I think if I did that it might be easier to just draw out a map and stick to it than designate lot types in the game.

No, i ment my own lots. I don't care for EA lots. usually don't like them. i dont even think I have 1 EA lot in my world. usually my own or downloaded from other creators.

I like to build my world all in one time. So now im just going to each lot, bulldozing and changing the lot type later. It is also distracting to keep loading every lot, so i wish for a one click or selection system solution.
  • Options
    edited April 2019

No, i ment my own lots. I don't care for EA lots. usually don't like them. i dont even think I have 1 EA lot in my world. usually my own or downloaded from other creators.

I like to build my world all in one time. So now im just going to each lot, bulldozing and changing the lot type later. It is also distracting to keep loading every lot, so i wish for a one click or selection system solution.

Is this for a new save game? I often want to start new games with all blank worlds and build everything myself but don't have the patience.

I think I might make a base blank world save. I could then use that for new played games that I can save under a different name. Editing from the map would still be much better.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I don't build that much (or ever really), but I'm all for new ways to make re-doing worlds easier.

As for wanting to bulldoze all of the lots, I know there are saves out there that are just totally empty if that would make your process easier. Not sure if this would help or not, like I said I'm not a builder. :s
  • Options
    I don't build that much (or ever really), but I'm all for new ways to make re-doing worlds easier.

As for wanting to bulldoze all of the lots, I know there are saves out there that are just totally empty if that would make your process easier. Not sure if this would help or not, like I said I'm not a builder. :s

I figured there would be, I checked out one person's page where they offer worlds they created. Really cool by the way. I guess I could Google it.
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    You could either place empty sized lots from the gallery (they'd end up having the same names though) or, there is a save file out there for all world's blank someone made
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    I saw mod the sims has a blank world with custom names. Does anyone know if you can edit the names?
  • Options
    KalopsianDreamerKalopsianDreamer Posts: 183 Member
    edited April 2019
    I saw mod the sims has a blank world with custom names. Does anyone know if you can edit the names?

Edit the naming of worlds requires you to download a mod and then start a new game- only the new games after you download and use the mod will have the changed names I believe. This link is where you can download a mod that does as such, and has some text explaining it, as it's finicky. This means you can't download a save file and change the names of the worlds in it, unfortunately.

Regarding bulldozing lots, the best way I've found on doing it is to download an empty save file. However, when I did that most recently whenever I built in the save and tried uploading that to the gallery, the build said "original by: XXX", the XXX being the name of the simmer who I got the save from. So if you do do this method, ensure you bulldoze any empty lot before building on it. (It may be updated or fixed now, I'm not sure)
    ĆØΜ€ ŦØ ŦĦ€ ĆŘΔŦ€Ř - ΜØŦĦ€Ř ĆΔŁŁŞ ¥ØỮ ĦØΜ€
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited April 2019
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • Options
    veronica55veronica55 Posts: 106 Member
    edited April 2019
    Oh that would be really useful. Like having a magical button "bulldoze all lots in this world" which should also ask twice if I am sure in case clicking it accidentally, and clicking ok accidentally lol

By the way actually you CAN place lots on the map view. While you're on map, just go to your library, select a lot and you place it directly on top of a lot you want. The target lot doesn't even have to be empty. It takes a while for the game to "build" the house or whatever, but it's still more practical than loading each lot.

Also to demolish lots from the map view, you can use this exact thing as a tool. Save a large empty lot to your library with 1 small object or 1 piece of wall, fence whatever, so it's practically empty. Then place that lot on top of each lot on map view and bam all lots are demolished.

Untitled-1.jpg

Post edited by veronica55 on
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but someone has an empty town and they have done all the towns up to Pets, they have also renamed the towns as well.

http://sssvitlans.tumblr.com/tagged/s4worlds
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,617 Member
    edited April 2019
    Basically what veronica55 said.

Save an empty lot (preferably a big size) to your My Library. Then in the world menu, just plop the empty lots to the lots you want to "bulldoze". I think you don't really need to have a fence or small object to save an empty lot too, if I remember correctly.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    veronica55 wrote: »
    Oh that would be really useful. Like having a magical button "bulldoze all lots in this world" which should also ask twice if I am sure in case clicking it accidentally, and clicking ok accidentally lol

By the way actually you CAN place lots on the map view. While you're on map, just go to your library, select a lot and you place it directly on top of a lot you want. The target lot doesn't even have to be empty. It takes a while for the game to "build" the house or whatever, but it's still more practical than loading each lot.

Also to demolish lots from the map view, you can use this exact thing as a tool. Save a large empty lot to your library with 1 small object or 1 piece of wall, fence whatever, so it's practically empty. Then place that lot on top of each lot on map view and bam all lots are demolished.

Untitled-1.jpg

I haven't built in awhile, I forgot you could do that! Thanks.
  • Options
    veronica55 wrote: »

Untitled-1.jpg

Yes i use this method sometimes but i didnt know i would also work if you place an empty lot. I think im gonna do that from now on.

• Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    Basically what veronica55 said.

Save an empty lot (preferably a big size) to your My Library. Then in the world menu, just plop the empty lots to the lots you want to "bulldoze". I think you don't really need to have a fence or small object to save an empty lot too, if I remember correctly.

I just tried this ... a blank lot works fine but I had to use the smallest lot to be able to fit on all sizes of lots.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I think it’s interesting that if you open a lot first and then place a new lot from your library/gallery, there is no wait time to place the lot. You don’t see the little loading screen. But if you were to place the same lot from neighborhood view, you will get that loading screen. Wonder why they did that.
  • Options
    MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited April 2019
    There is a way to only make the neighborhoods how you want them once. You copy and paste your tray and save I believe. Littlesimsie has her neighborhoods in one download where you can install her save directly into your game, so you could do that for your "base" save as well. Just copy and paste that new save into your EA folder each time you want to start a new save. That way all of your lots will auto start over again without having to rebuild everything.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Because they don't offer world building or even building in the neighborhood off lots - there will probably never be an easier way to do it. In past games those tools came with world or neighborhood editors. It's not a tool that comes with multi lots - it is either the whole hood, neighborhood off lots, or individual lots - one at a time - and that is what we have.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,617 Member
    edited April 2019
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I think it’s interesting that if you open a lot first and then place a new lot from your library/gallery, there is no wait time to place the lot. You don’t see the little loading screen. But if you were to place the same lot from neighborhood view, you will get that loading screen. Wonder why they did that.

Maybe it's just the way the program works. Like the game still needs to recognize that you are editing that specific lot so it still, in a way, "loads the lot" in the world map view. Basically, I think it's doing the same thing but we, the player, don't see it and we get to save a few clicks. :)
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif