Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update: Island Living EP, Realm of Magic GP and Moschino SP coming in next 6 months

Comments

• Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    What I really want is a Ceremonies pack with improved photography features and memory keeping.

That would be great!
  • Options
    BewitchingSashaBewitchingSasha Posts: 63 Member
    The game pack better be witches so that I can shut the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 up. 😂
    Seriously, I'm really tired of hoping!
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited April 2019
    I hope it's an Island Paradise EP and a witches GP. I don't know what the SP will be, but I wouldn't mind a futuristic SP or a Master Suite-type SP.
    We're looooong overdue a beach world, and I desperately need it to be an EP, not a GP. And with witches being the probable next GP theme, I think I might be in luck this time around. My birthday is in June and that's probably when the EP will come out, so :smiley:
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I think we would have to have a water terrain tool for everybody in a Patch before we get an Island Paradise EP or GP so if it isn't in the next patch it will not be that next.

I still wonder why SimGuruLyndsay said that the result of the Theam choices was a surprise though. What did she think it would be?
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Game Pack-- Prehistoric World, April
    Stuff Pack-- Natural Living, July
    Expansion Pack-- Elections!, August

[Edit: I remembered we wouldn't get anything til at least June.]
    I want a prehistoric world so badly, but whenever I see anyone say anything about time travel it seems to be futuristic stuff ... so I have mixed feelings on wanting the time travel pack haha
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I think we would have to have a water terrain tool for everybody in a Patch before we get an Island Paradise EP or GP so if it isn't in the next patch it will not be that next.

I still wonder why SimGuruLyndsay said that the result of the Theam choices was a surprise though. What did she think it would be?

My guess is they didn't expect farming to do so well.

Anyways, my guesses for the upcoming dlc:

June - EP - University
    August - SP - Pool Stuff
    September - GP - Witches or Hobbies
    November - EP - Generations or something completely new
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    The EP is obviously gonna be university and GP is obviously witches. That means 3 out of 4 packs this year will once again be focusing on young adults. As such the SP better be something family related. A baby SP following a baby update would be much appreciated, but I have my doubts. A pack that give stuff to all age groups minus the adults would be cool too, but I doubt they'd do that as well.

We sayed that before and then the GP turned out to be SG.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited April 2019
    What I Expect to See: University EP, Witches GP and not sure on the Stuff Pack.

What I'd Actually LIKE to See: Farming EP (w/Horses), Werewolves GP, Teen Stuff Pack.

I do expect the EP to be first since they just put out a GP probably in June once the switch over takes place, then the Stuff pack and then the GP to round out the six months. With possibly a second EP to round out the year since that would fall outside of the 6 month period set up here.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    DaninhozinhoDaninhozinho Posts: 14 New Member
    Honestly i love supernatural theme in The Sims franchise and I really want more of this theme back. My opnion about the next packs is:

EP: Supernatural, Island Paradise or University (if would be University, they could add more than just university. I think that would be more fun if the pack would call: TS4 Education instead of University, in this way, they could add too Primary and High School for Children and Teens. University would be for Young Adults and older. And both (school and university) could add the same feature that Go To School Mod added: The possibility of see and control your sims in the schools/university. Would have a new carreer: Teacher, and, maybe, a new occult sim, that could be created at the CAS and inside the university with experiments. That's for me would be a great Education Expansion Pack.

Now, for Game Pack: Farming, Resorts or Witches (if the next EP wouldnt be Supernatural, bringing this occult sim)

SP: I would like to see an Elder Stuff or Teen Stuff. If will be Elder Stuff, one of the new gameplay objects i think that would be the cane, and could have a funeral party, like in TS3 Generations. Now, if would be Teen Stuff, something like TS2 Teen Style Stuf. I can't imagine something to be a gameplay object for a Teen Stuff
  • Options
    DaninhozinhoDaninhozinho Posts: 14 New Member
    Now, for the release dates: I think that the first one will be the Expansion Pack, and would be announcing between april and may, and would be releasing between June and July.

The next one i think that would be the Game Pack, being announced in August and releasing in the same month or September

And, finally, the Stuff pack, being announced October and releasing in the same month
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited April 2019
    After StrangerVille I don't think we can rely on them to do the expected at all.

We might get some indications in the next Patch though, eg: we got the 4 level basements in a Patch some time before StrangerVille which they must have got ready to use for it. They came with terrain tools but I wondered at the time why we got 4 of them but they come in useful for making deep bunkers. I thought at the time that we were getting crypts!
  • Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    I wanna be able to make a robot in the sims again!
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    For the EP I'm not sure--maybe Uni? I'd really love Witches as the GP but it might be a Tropical one instead. As for a stuff pack, I think it'd be great if we had more bedroom stuff and bunk beds--maybe the ability to have sleep overs for kids/teens too would be awesome. :)
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    d0llintestinesd0llintestines Posts: 6 New Member
    What I think will happen:
    May: Romance GP
    July: the SP, maybe future theme
    Sept: perhaps Uni EP

What I want to happen:
    May: Supernatural EP
    July: I really don’t mind what SP
    Sept: farming GP or dragons <3
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    After StrangerVille I don't think we can rely on them to do the expected at all.
    That's a petty good point. Personally though, I think we'll get something familiar, since we just got something so radically different. Plus they just dropped 32-bit support, so a well-liked, popular expansion request would soften the blow for some, and encourage others to upgrade.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    If we can get an EP this June/Quarter, then it is guranteed we wil get another EP at November. The post only covers Six Months. I don't think they are going to want to miss those Christmas Sales by not realeasing the biggest pack type in The Sims Feanchise. Hoping that will be the case.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I think the stuff pack will either be car stuff or baby stuff and will apply what we've (mostly) all been waiting for- for them to #FreeTheBabies and for them to add real cars! I feel like University would be a game pack, and the expansion pack could add a new city, like New York, with less diversity and more other stuff.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    edited April 2019
    Sims 4 Get To University
    Sims 4 Witches & Werewolves
    Sims 4 Farm Stuff

- My guess.
    Although I’d love a Teen stuff pack and Island Paradise pack!
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    This isn't saying too much honestly and is actually a disappointment. I was hoping we'd get 2 full expansions this year. I hope the trailer drops for the new expansion pack soon however. I really hope it's what is coming out in June.

This is just what's coming in the next six months, not the whole year. ;)

6 months covers the remainder of the year basically.

Six months covers through September. We do usually get an Expansion in November - last year we got one in June, one in November. I'm hoping it's the same this year and that one of the Expansions is Magic and Spellcasting because I want more than Witches.

I am not counting April as I don't think we'll be getting anything except the patch. That covers at least through October with the 3 packs dropping. However, I have a strong feeling we won't get anything in May either besides an expansion announcement such as they did last year with Seasons. I guess I could be pleasantly surprised which I really hope I am! I just love this game so much and want as much content as possible! :)

Did they say we’re getting a patch in April? Because if not I don’t think we will be getting anything until June. They said there wouldn’t be any more releases for those on 32-bit after StrangerVille(including patches) so it doesn’t make sense to update anything until the Legacy Edition rolls out.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    JediMuppetJediMuppet Posts: 98 Member
    edited April 2019
    I think it will be something quite different than what we are expecting. I'm looking forward to it :)

Could potentially be a personality expansion style thing. I have a feeling the game pack and stuff pack will be add ons to the expansion pack.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    This isn't saying too much honestly and is actually a disappointment. I was hoping we'd get 2 full expansions this year. I hope the trailer drops for the new expansion pack soon however. I really hope it's what is coming out in June.

Six months covers through September. We do usually get an Expansion in November - last year we got one in June, one in November. I'm hoping it's the same this year and that one of the Expansions is Magic and Spellcasting because I want more than Witches.

I am not counting April as I don't think we'll be getting anything except the patch. That covers at least through October with the 3 packs dropping. However, I have a strong feeling we won't get anything in May either besides an expansion announcement such as they did last year with Seasons. I guess I could be pleasantly surprised which I really hope I am! I just love this game so much and want as much content as possible! :)

Did they say we’re getting a patch in April? Because if not I don’t think we will be getting anything until June. They said there wouldn’t be any more releases for those on 32-bit after StrangerVille(including patches) so it doesn’t make sense to update anything until the Legacy Edition rolls out.

We're getting a patch on Tuesday, April 16.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I wonder what are the next big update for The Sims 4. Its one that can change the way I can play the game. Hoping for more. I also hope that we could get a second EP this year.
  • Options
    JediMuppetJediMuppet Posts: 98 Member
    I'm pretty excited for the next 6 months bringing content! I just found out I'm pregnant so I need the next 8 months to be full of distractions so the time passes quickly!

Congratulations! I played Sims a lot when I was pregnant. Enjoy the time :)
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »

We're getting a patch on Tuesday, April 16.

Hmm, thank you. I’ve reread the post and it looks like I mixed some things up. Not afraid to admit I was wrong, my memory isn’t the greatest. This is exciting to say the least :)
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    I'm not sure about dates, but these are what I think the packs could be:

Expansion Pack University Life/Get To School for sure. If not, there will definitely be a big upset from the sims community, definitley including from me.

Game Pack Tropical Getaway. I don't really have a reasoning as to why, but I just really want an Island Paradise type pack.

Stuff Pack And for this, there is absolutely no guarantee as to what it could be. It could be anything. But I'm gonna guess Teenager Stuff, since we have toddler stuff and kids room stuff, which cover the 2 of 3 minor life stages, and all we're missing is a teenager stuff pack. Definitely not baby stuff, cause they would have to update that whole life stage and make them more "playable" than just a build mode item.

Who knows, when it comes to the Sims, it can be anything. And I'm ready for anything!
    Proud simmer