The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update: Island Living EP, Realm of Magic GP and Moschino SP coming in next 6 months

Comments

• Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    The EP is obviously gonna be university and GP is obviously witches.

There’s nothing obvious about it. There are so, so many themes they could do besides university and witches.

Yes, absolutely. I remember everyone seemed convinced witches were coming last time and I was like what does everyone else know that I don't? Then Strangerville happened. Now here we go again. I'm just hoping for a pleasant surprise. :)
  • Options
    SarahTheRedSarahTheRed Posts: 388 Member
    I'm honestly glad they're still doing stuff packs, I use them all the time!
  • Options
    SimmerSophie96SimmerSophie96 Posts: 253 Member
    I'm honestly glad they're still doing stuff packs, I use them all the time!

Me too, i thought that was it after my first pets stuff. Which i refuse to buy
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited April 2019
    LiELF wrote: »
    alan650111 wrote: »
    This isn't saying too much honestly and is actually a disappointment. I was hoping we'd get 2 full expansions this year. I hope the trailer drops for the new expansion pack soon however. I really hope it's what is coming out in June.

This is just what's coming in the next six months, not the whole year. ;)

6 months covers the remainder of the year basically.

Six months covers through September. We do usually get an Expansion in November - last year we got one in June, one in November. I'm hoping it's the same this year and that one of the Expansions is Magic and Spellcasting because I want more than Witches.

I am not counting April as I don't think we'll be getting anything except the patch. That covers at least through October with the 3 packs dropping. However, I have a strong feeling we won't get anything in May either besides an expansion announcement such as they did last year with Seasons. I guess I could be pleasantly surprised which I really hope I am! I just love this game so much and want as much content as possible! :)
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think a MAGIC pack will come, but I don't think it will be this EP or GP.
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    rinre33 wrote: »
    Maybe they would do a more general 'education expansion'? That would be a great way to introduce more activities for kids and teens alongside young adults, and I'm sure with uni we would get plenty of new activities too. I also really hope that knitting and embroidery get introduced at some point, it would be great if they worked like paintings where we could put the finished product on our walls as decoration! Hopefully they will release more info about the upcoming packs soon, in the meantime I'm super happy about this update

Yes, I hope you're right. I'm not particularly excited about University (I think being a student in real life kind of killed the fun of simulating the experience for me lol), but I know a lot of simmers are and I'm sure there will things I can enjoy about it. More stuff/activities for teens and elders would be welcome, and an open university option would suit my family perfectly. Also if it brings more careers like teaching and more 'practical' course options as well as academic ones then I will be very happy. I'm also stupid happy about the update. It sounds like they're really spoiling us this time! :)

I think introducing a teaching career would be a great introduction of a new feature and something that would be fun to play. Maybe a sim would have to max out a skill in order to teach it? So for example a 10 to be an art teacher etc. Whatever they do I am always happy to see more expansions and game packs being introduced
  • Options
    R0bertaR0berta Posts: 8 New Member
    Where can I see whats coming on this update?
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,511 Member
    I'm hoping we get two EPs this year and that one is University, one is Magic. I don't really want Witches to be the only Occult because we get so few playable ones. I want a larger pack dedicated to spells, magic, and creating a variety of magic users like Druids, Voodoo, Wizards, Shamans, etc. I just think it would be so much better because there are so many possibilities and a Game Pack would limit the potential. I mean, I'll take it either way, but I really think the Supernatural players have been waiting for too long for another playable Occult and we deserve a nice, big pack.

I suspect that if we get University, it will be different from previous games. We might get a more flexible school system similar to the Go To School mod that allows different ages to go to school. Since they've been putting a new spin on things, this is my guess. I'd personally prefer a full-blown University pack like Sims 2 with dorms again and a separate world, but I doubt we'd get that.

The Game Pack could be the tropical vacation that everyone has been wanting, but I think swimming would require something bigger, so it could be a romance pack, which is what I'm hoping for. It could also be a small pets pack, since that's what people wanted instead of My First Pet.

The Stuff Pack could be for Teens or Elders. Or another pet, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    R0berta wrote: »

You should be able to rewatch the Maxis Monthly soon.
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member

They just had a live stream about half an hour ago and I believe a blog post should have been uploaded now outlining the new content and the sims 4 roadmap
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited April 2019

It says "2 minutes" when I clicked the link at the top for Maxis Monthly

Edit: it is playing again now
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,094 Member
    The "excitement" in the chat when they mentioned the return of stuff packs was hilarious as it was basically non existent. Hit 3 if your excited for the return of stuff packs people start putting in other numbers. When packs offer flat ball pits a hot tub Sims refuse to use for more than a few seconds a hamster cage and recolors its truly surprising people don't like them.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    My prediction is:
    EP: University
    GP: Witches
    SP: Summer stuff/pool party stuff or Wedding stuff
  • Options
    simmietimesimmietime Posts: 103 Member
    edited April 2019
    Well the next six months is until October 9, 2019. Mid-November is always prime time for an expansion (falling outside the 6 months) which means 2 EPs, 2GPs and 1SP this year!!!
    I predict:

EP07 June 2019
    SP15 Late July 2019
    GP08 September 2019
    EP08 November 2019
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,438 Member
    edited April 2019
    Romance Stuff in May, Tropical Beach GP in July, University EP in October.
  • Options
    I'm hoping we get two EPs this year and that one is University, one is Magic. I don't really want Witches to be the only Occult because we get so few playable ones. I want a larger pack dedicated to spells, magic, and creating a variety of magic users like Druids, Voodoo, Wizards, Shamans, etc. I just think it would be so much better because there are so many possibilities and a Game Pack would limit the potential. I mean, I'll take it either way, but I really think the Supernatural players have been waiting for too long for another playable Occult and we deserve a nice, big pack.

I suspect that if we get University, it will be different from previous games. We might get a more flexible school system similar to the Go To School mod that allows different ages to go to school. Since they've been putting a new spin on things, this is my guess. I'd personally prefer a full-blown University pack like Sims 2 with dorms again and a separate world, but I doubt we'd get that.

The Game Pack could be the tropical vacation that everyone has been wanting, but I think swimming would require something bigger, so it could be a romance pack, which is what I'm hoping for. It could also be a small pets pack, since that's what people wanted instead of My First Pet.

Yes. Give me all the occults! I need werewolves so bad. I'm like Rose from the Titanic over here "It's been 84 years..." :'( lol. I would also love a romance or tropical vacation pack, as well as more stuff for teens and elders. I would love horses too, but I don't expect them to come on their own. Rabbits would be super cute... something else for the wishlist!
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,438 Member
    I'm excited for stuff packs!
  • Options
    I'm pretty excited for the next 6 months bringing content! I just found out I'm pregnant so I need the next 8 months to be full of distractions so the time passes quickly!

Oh wow, congratulations! :)
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,916 Member

If you missed it you can still see if from here
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958100/lets-watch-maxis-monthly-episode-7/p1
  • Options

Yes. Give me all the occults! I need werewolves so bad. I'm like Rose from the Titanic over here "It's been 84 years..." :'( lol. I would also love a romance or tropical vacation pack, as well as more stuff for teens and elders. I would love horses too, but I don't expect them to come on their own. Rabbits would be super cute... something else for the wishlist!

If we got a FARM pack with farm animals tied to an object like we had in S3, we could get a bunny in a hutch that you could interact with and cuddle.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,511 Member
    This isn't saying too much honestly and is actually a disappointment. I was hoping we'd get 2 full expansions this year. I hope the trailer drops for the new expansion pack soon however. I really hope it's what is coming out in June.

This is just what's coming in the next six months, not the whole year. ;)

6 months covers the remainder of the year basically.

Six months covers through September. We do usually get an Expansion in November - last year we got one in June, one in November. I'm hoping it's the same this year and that one of the Expansions is Magic and Spellcasting because I want more than Witches.

I am not counting April as I don't think we'll be getting anything except the patch. That covers at least through October with the 3 packs dropping. However, I have a strong feeling we won't get anything in May either besides an expansion announcement such as they did last year with Seasons. I guess I could be pleasantly surprised which I really hope I am! I just love this game so much and want as much content as possible! :)

I hear you! I'm excited for new things, too! The Gurus have tweeted that there is a lot of stuff coming in the near future, so I think we'll have a good selection this year. :)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,790 Member
    I looked at my sims' sleepwear a while back and it's pretty bare. Women haven't gotten too many full body outfits like negligees. Men also lack variety in underwear and sleepwear. I'm hoping for an SP comparable to TS3's Master Suite. It's my favorite TS3 SP, and one of two SPs I bought on release
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    I'm pretty excited for the next 6 months bringing content! I just found out I'm pregnant so I need the next 8 months to be full of distractions so the time passes quickly!

Congratulations. Do you know if it will be a boy or girl or do want to be surprised?
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I looked at my sims' sleepwear a while back and it's pretty bare. Women haven't gotten too many full body outfits like negligees. Men also lack variety in underwear and sleepwear. I'm hoping for an SP comparable to TS3's Master Suite. It's my favorite TS3 SP, and one of two SPs I bought on release

I agree. We need more night time clothes.