Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• Options
    squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    Hey guys, how weird is the sentence "a picturesque scene of the snowfall"
    i'm trying to use Big Words (TM) in my writing but i feel like it sounds off

Can you provide the whole sentence?

"It had started as a simple day. The town was a picturesque scene from the snowfall, and was illuminated from the moonlight above."

Just a short opening to the chapter. I don't have enough skill to make it longer :lol:

Well, I would say the second sentence is a run-on sentence. There's a few ways to reframe it, but my inclination would be to stick with just one of the descriptors - either snowfall or moonlight.

I never thought of the run-on sentence thing. That's probably been an issue i've never noticed.
    I tried to rewrite it in a way that included both.

Magnolia Promenade was painted by the heavy snowfall and faintly illuminated by the moonlight.

Does this sound any better?

Personally, I didn't find it to be a run-on sentence. A true run-on sentence is going to be quite a bit longer than that. Either that or my entire Simlit is filled with run-on sentences. :joy:
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member

"It had started as a simple day. The town was a picturesque scene from the snowfall, and was illuminated from the moonlight above."

Just a short opening to the chapter. I don't have enough skill to make it longer :lol:

Well, I would say the second sentence is a run-on sentence. There's a few ways to reframe it, but my inclination would be to stick with just one of the descriptors - either snowfall or moonlight.

I never thought of the run-on sentence thing. That's probably been an issue i've never noticed.

Magnolia Promenade was painted by the heavy snowfall and faintly illuminated by the moonlight.

Personally, I didn't find it to be a run-on sentence. A true run-on sentence is going to be quite a bit longer than that. Either that or my entire Simlit is filled with run-on sentences. :joy:

No, i'm the one with all the run-on sentences :joy:
    I've never noticed a run-on sentence in your Simlit. I may not understand what one is, but i can ensure it. XD
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member

I've never noticed a run-on sentence in your Simlit. I may not understand what one is, but i can ensure it. XD

Basically an excessively, unnecessarily long sentence that, in theory, could be shortened or simplified and possibly even broken into several sentences, or even an entire paragraph in some instances, and this is an absolutely wonderful of example of a sentence that is, indeed, a run-on sentence.

^^^ My proof your sentence was not run-on. There is not a single period anywhere in there. Good lord. :joy:
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,623 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Update: the snails are named Buttercream, Meringue, and Ganache.

😖😖😖 Why would you name a eeky slimy snail after the most awesome thing which is meringue? I'm shooketh.

Because he is a good, hardworking snail who deserves a good name.

Hardworking? Girl, what he do? Mow your lawn? XD

Yeah, I don't know what run on sentences are anyways. LOL. I think run on sentences are kinda like how I always talk here like this where I never stop, cuz that's who I am. 😂 Or when I saw stuff like, "I like these shoes as they're black in color cuz black is the best color."
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

Basically an excessively, unnecessarily long sentence that, in theory, could be shortened or simplified and possibly even broken into several sentences, or even an entire paragraph in some instances, and this is an absolutely wonderful of example of a sentence that is, indeed, a run-on sentence.

^^^ My proof your sentence was not run-on. There is not a single period anywhere in there. Good lord. :joy:

Whoa, Squirrel, remember to breathe :joy:
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options
    Why do I keep pronouncing Vanish's song Ouija Cult as "Weeja Cult" even tho I know Ouija is pronounced as "Weejee"? 😌
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    gameplay9098gameplay9098 Posts: 7,895 Member
    Why do I keep pronouncing Vanish's song Ouija Cult as "Weeja Cult" even tho I know Ouija is pronounced as "Weejee"? 😌

wAit really
    TS4_x64_2019-06-08_14-58-15_copy.png?width=400&height=203
    Everywhere i go
    I feel the hearts beating
  • Options
    AstreonAstreon Posts: 1,291 Member
    Hey @DeKay what program do you use for drawing again? I'm still using Paint Tool SAI but I might try some others. I haven't drawn in forever but I'm taking a game design class and we have to draw our own characters so I gotta get back into drawing again :)
  • Options

can you burn a luigi board
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options
    gameplay9098gameplay9098 Posts: 7,895 Member
    Astreon wrote: »
    Hey DeKay what program do you use for drawing again? I'm still using Paint Tool SAI but I might try some others. I haven't drawn in forever but I'm taking a game design class and we have to draw our own characters so I gotta get back into drawing again :)

I'm not DeKay but if you want a recommendation, medibang is great! My friend makes whole drawings with her fingers in there
    TS4_x64_2019-06-08_14-58-15_copy.png?width=400&height=203
    Everywhere i go
    I feel the hearts beating
  • Options
    edited March 2019

wAit really

Yes, really.
    Hey DeKay what program do you use for drawing again? I'm still using Paint Tool SAI but I might try some others. I haven't drawn in forever but I'm taking a game design class and we have to draw our own characters so I gotta get back into drawing again :)

Paintstorm Studio. It's about $20 and it's the best thing ever. I highly recommend it to everyone who does digital art. You can make so many different brushes with the default set and you can also import ABR. :)

They have a free trial so you can try that even tho the free trial pop up can be a bit annoying sometimes and a bit buggy. XD

No, cuz that's polluting the air. 😂
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

wAit really

Yes, really.

Paintstorm Studio. It's about $20 and it's the best thing ever. I highly recommend it to everyone who does digital art. You can make so many different brushes with the default set and you can also import ABR. :)

They have a free trial so you can try that even tho the free trial pop up can be a bit annoying sometimes and a bit buggy. XD

IS IT DANGEROUS TO PLAY OIJA BOARD

okay i'm done sorry
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options
    AstreonAstreon Posts: 1,291 Member

I'm not DeKay but if you want a recommendation, medibang is great! My friend makes whole drawings with her fingers in there

I downloaded both. Loving the interface on both programs, and I love how I can draw on my tablet with Medibang. I'm gonna download it there too, and see how both compare to SAI, which I feel is getting a bit outdated so I wanted to try other programs. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited March 2019

wAit really

Yes, really.

okay i'm done sorry

I don't know. Never tried. I don't think it's dangerous but just spooky.

I downloaded both. Loving the interface on both programs, and I love how I can draw on my tablet with Medibang. I'm gonna download it there too, and see how both compare to SAI, which I feel is getting a bit outdated so I wanted to try other programs. Thanks!

Medibang is good too but I can't go back to it after trying Paintstorm Studio. 😂

Oh, I forgot, you can customize the interface for Paintstorm. Like any color you want and they have like different styles preset under the Windows option or something.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    edited March 2019

😖😖😖 Why would you name a eeky slimy snail after the most awesome thing which is meringue? I'm shooketh.

He cleans Ceviche's tank, because Ceviche is bad at eating (I know, I know. He's no child of mine, obviously)
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options

wAit really

Yes, really.

okay i'm done sorry

no it's a meme
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options

He cleans Ceviche's tank, because Ceviche is bad at eating (I know, I know. He's no child of mine, obviously)

Oh.

wAit really

Yes, really.

okay i'm done sorry

no it's a meme

Is it that one where the guy is reading all the wrong pronunciation? XD
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    I realize that so much of the music my parents like is actually great

Oh.

wAit really

Yes, really.

okay i'm done sorry

no it's a meme

Yee
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options

Oh.

wAit really

Yes, really.

okay i'm done sorry

no it's a meme

Yee

What kinda music?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    How did I miss the headline that Mr. Rogers was bi??? An absolute icon.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Today's Q Q is:
    What was the reason you joined this forum? XD

I was super excited for TS4 cuz I didn't like TS3 and was just waiting for TS4 to come out. So I made an account here to talk to other people who are excited for it too. :pensive::joy:

Joined February 2013 -

I had questions about Sims3. Y'all had answers.

Still playing Sims3, plus Sims4, and Sims2 as well. If I need help with anything, this forum is the best place to get help.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options

Oh.

wAit really

Yes, really.

okay i'm done sorry

no it's a meme

Yee

What kinda music?

A lot of 90's and early 2000's music, mainly.

That made me so happy when i saw it.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options
    edited March 2019

Oh.

wAit really

Yes, really.

okay i'm done sorry

no it's a meme

Yee

What kinda music?

oFVfa7D.png
    I MADE A POSE AND TRIED TO USE IT AND THIS HAPPENED. THIS GENUINELY MADE ME PANIC FOR A SECOND. WHAT THE HELL

I didn't even realized i quoted myself, i thought i edited my post. good lord
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options

Oh.

wAit really

Yes, really.

okay i'm done sorry

no it's a meme

Yee

What kinda music?

90's and early 2000's music is the shizzzzzzzzzz!!!!! The fact that you said your parents listen to it makes me feel old. I can be your godmother. LOL.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

Yesssss.

Oh.

wAit really

Yes, really.

okay i'm done sorry

no it's a meme

Yee

What kinda music?

oFVfa7D.png
    I MADE A POSE AND TRIED TO USE IT AND THIS HAPPENED. THIS GENUINELY MADE ME PANIC FOR A SECOND. WHAT THE HELL

I didn't even realized i quoted myself, i thought i edited my post. good lord

Nooooo.

*tosses Lyric into the pit*
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top