Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Mm, my colleague just gave me a sour candy with lemon, mint and salt flavor in it and it's amazing. XD Mmmm, salt.... this tastes like Coke with salt to be honest. Hahaha.

It me.
    And you.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    All i did was wake up
    Body: hurt time
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    Today's Q Q is:
    What was the reason you joined this forum? XD

I was super excited for TS4 cuz I didn't like TS3 and was just waiting for TS4 to come out. So I made an account here to talk to other people who are excited for it too. :pensive::joy:

To make friends because I'm friendless and have no social life
    Today's Q Q is:
    What was the reason you joined this forum? XD

I was super excited for TS4 cuz I didn't like TS3 and was just waiting for TS4 to come out. So I made an account here to talk to other people who are excited for it too. :pensive::joy:

I had some problem with my game

There's two types of people. XD

I know, I'm the lame and unpopular type :joy: I still haven't really been successful in making many friends oof
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • Options
    Hey guys, how weird is the sentence "a picturesque scene of the snowfall"
    i'm trying to use Big Words (TM) in my writing but i feel like it sounds off
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options
    AstreonAstreon Posts: 1,291 Member

Sounds fine to me.
  • Options
    Astreon wrote: »

Sounds fine to me.

Cool.

Okay Youtube app, why did you delete the suggested videos? What is the point?
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options
    LluviaRainLluviaRain Posts: 2,199 Member
    edited March 2019
    How do you get people you’ve known for a while to start calling you by a nickname? (IRL, not Lluvia, also not Rain, something else).
    Not sure what to put here... so hi
  • Options

Can you provide the whole sentence?
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options

"It had started as a simple day. The town was a picturesque scene from the snowfall, and was illuminated from the moonlight above."

Just a short opening to the chapter. I don't have enough skill to make it longer :lol:
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options
    ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member

"It had started as a simple day. The town was a picturesque scene from the snowfall, and was illuminated from the moonlight above."

Just a short opening to the chapter. I don't have enough skill to make it longer :lol:

Honestly, it does sound a bit awkward to me. It sounds like you are just trying to add... ah, Big Words (TM) to your writing, which certainly isn't a bad thing but it just doesn't feel natural here. I think it also depends on how important those details are for the scene, simple descriptions are fine if it won't come up much. Or if it's a slower or more intimate scene and you are trying to paint a picture you could add more.

Or just ignore my advice entirely, that's probably for the best.
    unknown.png
  • Options
    naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    y'all, the sooner this cropped top trend dies, the sooner I'll be happy. I bought some pajamas today and I just put them on and the pajama top is cropped. :s

Didn't you look at them before you bought them ?
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• Options
    I just got this sudden pain in my stomach and it seriously gets worse when I move and it isn't going away
    It's been a nice life.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options
    naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    I had this weird thing when your lung get stuck between your ribs and when your breathe you have a sharp pain. Except it was in my back. And it lasted at least 20 minutes. I thought i would suffocate then and there. I could barely breathe.
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• Options

I don’t find any issue with it 🙂
  • Options
    It went away really quickly which surprises me. But i swear I felt like I was dying. It felt like something stabbing the inside of my stomach
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    It went away really quickly which surprises me. But i swear I felt like I was dying. It felt like something stabbing the inside of my stomach

You may want to get that checked out if it happens again.

Not to do with this, but you know how there’s those people that can be in huge amounts of pain but not complain, then there’s the people that can be in pretty much no pain at all and won’t stop complaining? I’m a mixture of the two, if it’s excruciating then I’ll stay quiet but if I stub my toe I won’t shut up.
    Post edited by LluviaRain on
  • Options
    CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    I’m back!
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • Options
    ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    edited March 2019
    I just got this sudden pain in my stomach and it seriously gets worse when I move and it isn't going away
    It's been a nice life.

That happened to me when we lived in Maine and I tried to drink the water from the sink. They tried to dig the well out deeper and ruined everything, they never fixed it the entire month I lived there. They sure did try though, I think I posted a picture on this thread a long time ago of the construction from my bedroom window that I had to deal with every single morning.
    Post edited by Zinniavanilla on
    unknown.png
  • Options
    LluviaRain wrote: »

You may want to get that checked out if it happens again.

Not to do with this, but you know how there’s those people that can be in huge amounts of pain but not complain, then there’s the people that can be in pretty much no pain at all and won’t stop complaining? I’m a mixture of the two, if it’s excruciating then I’ll stay quiet but if I stub my toe I won’t shut up.

I feel like the pain might've been my rib. I read somewhere that for people around my age, ribs aren't fully developed so something like that could happen, but it isn't serious? I could be wrong though.

God that's a mood.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options

Well, I would say the second sentence is a run-on sentence. There's a few ways to reframe it, but my inclination would be to stick with just one of the descriptors - either snowfall or moonlight.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options

Well, I would say the second sentence is a run-on sentence. There's a few ways to reframe it, but my inclination would be to stick with just one of the descriptors - either snowfall or moonlight.

I never thought of the run-on sentence thing. That's probably been an issue i've never noticed.
    I tried to rewrite it in a way that included both.

Magnolia Promenade was painted by the heavy snowfall and faintly illuminated by the moonlight.

Does this sound any better?
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,660 Member
    edited March 2019

It's fine but maybe it sounds weird cuz you said "picturesque scene". I don't know. How about using "quaint" instead? Or change "scene" to something else. Like "quaint spectacle".
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Update: the snails are named Buttercream, Meringue, and Ganache.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,660 Member

😖😖😖 Why would you name a eeky slimy snail after the most awesome thing which is meringue? I'm shooketh.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

😖😖😖 Why would you name a eeky slimy snail after the most awesome thing which is meringue? I'm shooketh.

Because he is a good, hardworking snail who deserves a good name.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top