Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Oh, ... , It’s Twins.

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Recently, nearly all of my preganacies are resulting in twins. It's so weird. At first I was happy like you 😅 but now I'm more 😩

Sometimes with twins I hire a nanny even when my sims are home if they can afford it just to make things easier. :D
  • Options
    angelicsamuraiangelicsamurai Posts: 41 Member
    As an update to my last post, and now i can post images, I'll show you all my twin girls with their mum...

Mum is foxy pickle and the twins, chelsea and kelsey, enjoying a family breakfast (Ignore the high chairs behind, i forgot to remove them)

2q0qc5x.png
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
  • Options
    LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    I'm *fairly* new to TS4 and found toddlers an absolute nightmare - can't get a single thing done until they age up (I'm not one for speeding up the process), so I hope I never end up with twins or triplets! Full time nanny I think.
  • Options
    angelicsamuraiangelicsamurai Posts: 41 Member
    edited March 2019
    and now we know it's 2019, and what do most kids these days do??

Well my twins reflect what is happening with the kids of today in the real world...

Computers, and tablets, lol.. These kids!!

23hk18w.png
  • Options
    SimSweetySimSweety Posts: 73 Member
    Twins are really common in my game I hade 5 pairs of twins and 1 set of triplets so far.
  • Options
    Welcome @LindsaySeddon1 and @SimSweety. I have given you new folks some likes to help you along.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    I've been wondering what the percentage chance is. I haven't been playing a family long, I've only had 3 deliveries- 1 single baby and 2 sets of twins. Twins were a rare occurrence for me in 2&3 without fertility rewards.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I never have twins or triplets, I always have to use MCCC to cheat them in.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    In my safe game Father Winter even fathered quadruplets once. The mother was aging up to Senior shortly after she gave birth and was taking care of them all alone.

They are four girls, so it might most possibly have just been a glitch, though.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    simimpsimimp Posts: 94 Member
    Congratulations! I love raising toddlers, especially twins or triplets. It's tough but it pays off :smile:
    twas brillig, amirite?
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Thanks @simimp and welcome.

Not sure what the percentage is @lisamwitt, I don’t write mods, only use a couple. Like MCCC @AquaGamer1212
    Quads does sound peculiar @83bienchen (Your avi is gorgeous)

My twins, Tessa and Thomas, are still toddlers, because I am playing on a customised, longer lifespan (Thanks MCCC). I have noticed that as toddlers gain skill they become more self-sufficient and easier to manage. Little Tessa makes the occasional mess, must be a creative type? Letting them eat themselves rather than forcing the high chair helps a tonne. I still like the highchair for new, single tots though.

Kylie and Joshua (aka Mum and Dad) don’t have much of a social life. I guess like in reality you can’t just accept invitations at the drop of a hat. Kylie has gone back to work (new career, business) though. Joshua has had to take the dog to the vet a few times. Had Kylie hire a nanny to go to one of those 8pm concert/rabbit hole pop-ups. The nanny was actually quite awesome and they’ve used her a couple times since and become friends.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I've had 5 sets of twins in this save. The ley line lot trait worked every time for me. The last set was not born on a ley line, and I was hoping for a single... but oh well. At least I'd had practice.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    I had a third set of twins in my family. My first set was born on a house with the ley line trait. The other two were not, and I don't have fertility rewards, and no mods at all.
    They must have set the percentage chance really high. I don't mind, I like twins because it gives me two heirs to choose from when deciding which Sim to continue on with (I only play one Sim at a time except when they have kids). I would love to have triplets once! I'll have to try a fertility reward and see if I can get them.
    But I know this has to be annoying some players, who would prefer to not have multiples without the ley lines or rewards.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    simimpsimimp Posts: 94 Member
    Not to derail the thread, but are sim twins more likely to give birth to twins than other sims are? Sim genetics are weird sometimes but it would be cool if twin likeliness was a thing that ran in the family.
    twas brillig, amirite?
  • Options
    @lisamwitt and @simimp I’ll speculate that what @RobotBees said is correct and that twins run in Sim families.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,577 Member
    NRowe wrote: »
    Just had my first set of Sim twins delivered. Yikes.

Kylie Thorne and Joshua Herrera are the proud parents of Thomas and Tessa.

Yay! I love twins. I'm soon to become the Grandmother of twins. :) So excited. Have fun with them! And Congratulation X 2!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    I always thought it had something to do with your mode and your reward traits keep in mind though twin traits are heritary just like in real life not active witht he twins but will be active with the children of twins.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."