Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Oh, ... , It’s Twins.

NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
Just had my first set of Sim twins delivered. Yikes.

Kylie Thorne and Joshua Herrera are the proud parents of Thomas and Tessa.

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Your first?

I quit playing families because they did something so that it's ALWAYS twins or the occasional set of triplets.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Totally my first @fullspiral. I have had many single births in game, to lots of different Sims.
    This couple were a bit more woohoo-happy than most, I wonder if that has anything to do with it..
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Wow!! I’ve have triplets once but never twins! Congratulations!!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    Thanks @AriaMad2. Time to test my Sim wrangling skills. ;)
  • Options
    SunStone02SunStone02 Posts: 107 Member
    Congrats! :smiley:
    ~SunStone~ <3
    A Sims 4 player and fan!
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Your first?

I quit playing families because they did something so that it's ALWAYS twins or the occasional set of triplets.

If you have the ley-line trait on your house they become very common... But if you don't have it on they are still really rare.
  • Options
    Cheers @SunStone02

To contribute to the conversation about the frequency of twins; I haven’t ever risked the fertile reward trait or the on ley-line lot trait.
    These twins I’m announcing were born without either.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Twin babies are a handful. Congrats. :)
  • Options
    Thanks @Sharonia. They have been a handful, and they’re still babies right now.
    Dad, Joshua has barely looked in the cribs, I think he changed a diaper once. Kylie has been breast-feeding both babies and quit her job (she’s non-commital so she was happy about leaving work) to look after the newborns. She’ll get a new job once the twins go to school. o:)
    Yeah, possibly I’m mean to my Sims and kinda enforcing some gender roles... which is funny in a way because with Joshua as cop-turned-criminal and the slight possibility these kids aren’t his; these guys are far from traditional. :o
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    Congrats!

The game was being so nice to me for a while. I never got twins unless I was trying for it with the ley line trait.

Then, out of nowhere, with nothing to encourage it, one of my Sims had triplets. >.<

My friend warned me it would happen eventually. ^_^;;
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    Thanks @katrinasforest. I guess while I’m having trouble with two toddlers (just aged them up) I should remember to be grateful that it wasn’t three! :D
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Congrats! Twins are super rare in my Sims 4 game. They happen way more often than I want in Sims 3 but I have only had a few sets of twins in Sims 4 since it launched :) Never had identical twins though :(
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited March 2019
    Congrats @NRowe! Kylie and Joshua will be busy parents, hope you enjoy the experience! :smiley:
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    @NRowe
    Prepare to be driven out of your mind with twin toddlers. Been there, done that, never again lol.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Good luck with those babies. I only got twins when my male sim was abducted and sexually harassed by aliens.
  • Options
    Thank you all. Especially @EA_Mai.
    They are super cute little tots. I should pop a screenshot up once I’ve made sure to check their outfits.
  • Options
    joyofliving37joyofliving37 Posts: 106 Member
    I love when my families have twins! I have three sets in my game: one set of girls, and two families with a boy and girl. I’m hoping one of my families has triplets.

Congrats! They are a lot of work but tons of fun.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    Congrats! I had many twin births, it's quite fun raising them. Also had triplets 2 or 3 times, that gets a bit more over the top, :lol:
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    RobotBeesRobotBees Posts: 145 Member
    I think twins also run in families, so from now on in that family, you'll probably have a higher percentage of having twins...

I've had two couples that have had triplets and both were living in two bedroom abodes so I had to move them or do some creative remodeling to make everyone fit lol
  • Options
    angelicsamuraiangelicsamurai Posts: 41 Member
    My rags to riches challenge, I made the mistake of having unprotected woohoo in a bush and now my Sim, Foxy Pickle, is the proud mummy of twins Chelsea and Kelsey pickle...

She's got a semi-decent house now and the twins are children and studying hard so they don't become homeless bums like their mother was...

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Welcome to the forums @angelicsamurai and @RobotBees

WOW! A House with twin toddlers is chaos. Dirty dog rolling in puddles (really wish there had been a way to teach him NOT to do that). One toddler is making a mess over here while the other is possibly throwing a tantrum. Mum’s complaining about not being able to route to the toddler bed to read the little ones to sleep. The washing machine is broken. And everyone is hungry.

Got them up before the kiddos the next morning. Mum made a huge platter of pancakes. Dad fixed the washer and got the (bathed) dog off for a walk. Not too shabby. Tots are having a ball playing.
    Then it’s going off kilter again. I tell Mum to work on flash cards with one tot while everyone is pretty much in the green. Next moment, said tot is in the high chair. Like, what?! I didn’t tell you to do that. :/

(We all know what those highchairs can be like, right? So it was a bit; I fight when I want you to fed the kid, but now you’re going to just randomly put her in there? In Kylie’s defense, the highchair jack-in-the-box trick has been other Sims and not her...)
  • Options
    Here's a pic of Kylie in the hospital
    lK1OpPt.png

Ignoring the walls cutaway, here is aging the twins up.
    Kylie's doing the awkward parent squat thing.

3w7PZAF.png

SZRLxfg.png

kUUIgFS.png
  • Options
    SunStone02SunStone02 Posts: 107 Member
    NRowe wrote: »
    lK1OpPt.png

3w7PZAF.png

SZRLxfg.png

kUUIgFS.png
    NRowe wrote: »
    lK1OpPt.png

3w7PZAF.png

SZRLxfg.png

kUUIgFS.png

She is adorable! Thank you for sharing the pictures.
    ~SunStone~ <3
    A Sims 4 player and fan!
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    Congratulations! I have had only one set of twins in my saves as I do not use the lot trait, or Fertility treatments, etc as well! I enjoy it this way because the birth of twins or triplets will be more natural. :) My first and only set was a boy and a girl.

I have a new save that I'm playing and I'm trying to see their birth patterns. (How many girls and how many boys she has. As well as testing to see the different genetics between the siblings) ♥

Kylie is adorable; love the red hair and love that the twins got their mom's beautiful hair. ♥
  • Options
    doublenoodlesdoublenoodles Posts: 89 Member
    Recently, nearly all of my preganacies are resulting in twins. It's so weird. At first I was happy like you 😅 but now I'm more 😩