Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will There Ever Be A Custom World Tool?

The vacations menu with those 2 lonely icons have me wondering. Have the powers that be said one way or the other if we will get a custom world tool?

I doubt they’ll be adding as many vacation worlds as we have regular worlds and the screen looks so empty as is.

Can someone who’s on Twitter and likes to ask questions, ask that question and post if they get a response?

Comments

• Options
    HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    That would be cool to create worlds like sims 2. But the editor should be easier to use then create a world. :/
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    It’s been a year since we’ve heard Maxis say anything about it (Grant was supposedly asking questions from team members), so I would assume no. World building for this game would be nothing like CAW anyway since the worlds are just 3D models. I’m not sure if they could offer anything too extraordinary, but a copy world feature is realistically something they could probably implement.
  • Options
    thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    Unfortunately, I don't think so. :/

I think that it either won't come at all [I get the idea that worlds are being used as a marketing tool for selling new EPs/GPs; if people could make an endless amount of their own, they may have less incentive to buy new packs if they only give so many features]
    -- or, if they do come, it'll be at the end of TS4's life cycle. I am hoping that's the case, at least! :)
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Unfortunately, I don't think so. :/

I think that it either won't come at all [I get the idea that worlds are being used as a marketing tool for selling new EPs/GPs; if people could make an endless amount of their own, they may have less incentive to buy new packs if they only give so many features]
    -- or, if they do come, it'll be at the end of TS4's life cycle. I am hoping that's the case, at least! :)

Very true, I have considered this as well.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    The tool itself would be the hardest challenge that they could implement in the game, it might even need the same resources they need like in Toddlers. Think about it if the tool exist, how would the map view work? Will they be in 3d? Will it still be the same? Are we going to get painting tools? Then the terrain editing functions differently outside of lots, meaning they would revamp it just like how we edit the terrain.How about performance issues? How can they optimize the tool itself? How can they create those easy to use tools? Its going to be a long work for sure.

At the end of the day if they did it, those will only not benifit us but also them. By developing the tools there is a chance that they could improve their world building tool, and even use the created tool for themselves, and if it will be an easy to use tool just like on all Sims 4 tools, then the way they can build worlds can be faster and more efficient, which can help build more neighborhoods. And as for the community sharing and creating a world will change how we play the game. Speaking of sharing I think that will be another aspect they need to figure out. Will the worlds can be shared trough the gallery? If so how could they implement the "instant" placement of this worlds upon placing the download/install button? or will they create a new webpage for that purpose instead? a lot of risk and challenge but again if they do it, it will be worth it.
  • Options
    MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    I'm pretty sure that the framework they created for how a neighborhood works, it would be impossible for the player to draw sidewalks, place collectables, etc., nor would you be able to customize where you put lots because many of the areas simply aren't playable, they don't really exist.

With that said, they do have a way for them to make us more template worlds, such as Newcrest, but they haven't released any more which I think is a bummer. At the very least, add a new area or two to the neighborhoods so they could save time by not having to make a new neighborhood from scratch. Many neighborhoods (maybe other than Windenburg) could use an extra section designated to more lots.

But yeah, no world editors it looks like in the near future :'(
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I wish but at this point I doubt it they seem happy enough giving us small worlds with no option to make them our own. It would be completely game changing for me if they ever did.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »
    The tool itself would be the hardest challenge that they could implement in the game, it might even need the same resources they need like in Toddlers. Think about it if the tool exist, how would the map view work? Will they be in 3d? Will it still be the same? Are we going to get painting tools? Then the terrain editing functions differently outside of lots, meaning they would revamp it just like how we edit the terrain.How about performance issues? How can they optimize the tool itself? How can they create those easy to use tools? Its going to be a long work for sure.

At the end of the day if they did it, those will only not benifit us but also them. By developing the tools there is a chance that they could improve their world building tool, and even use the created tool for themselves, and if it will be an easy to use tool just like on all Sims 4 tools, then the way they can build worlds can be faster and more efficient, which can help build more neighborhoods. And as for the community sharing and creating a world will change how we play the game. Speaking of sharing I think that will be another aspect they need to figure out. Will the worlds can be shared trough the gallery? If so how could they implement the "instant" placement of this worlds upon placing the download/install button? or will they create a new webpage for that purpose instead? a lot of risk and challenge but again if they do it, it will be worth it.
    To add to this, the accessibile areas has to separate from the fake areas somewhere. Some “ neighborhoods” have 5 lots in one space, where would it cut off to enter the loading screen, or travel to a different area. Where would the backdrop be placed,
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Hejix wrote: »
    That would be cool to create worlds like sims 2. But the editor should be easier to use then create a world. :/

@Hejix It should be easy to create worlds? Yes... But some players would want to go in depth with the tool, so i would want to see an "advanced settings" option as well.
  • Options
    HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Of course. Advanced functions are welcome. But with an intuitive tool.
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • Options
    Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    I wish. And if we could share our own made worlds in gallery? That would just be so perfect but i don't think that would ever happen
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Options
    MaddieplaysgamesMaddieplaysgames Posts: 125 Member
    Probably not.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Not in TS4. Creativity was not part of the original plan and so you will still miss out on that

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Not in TS4. Creativity was not part of the original plan and so you will still miss out on that

:disappointed:

Just because there's no world building tool doesn't mean there are no opportunities for creativity in the Sims 4.

There's plenty of creativity in the Sims 4.

You can check out more examples of creativity in the Sims 4 Creative Corner. Awesome builders, storytellers, and sim designers.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-creative-corner

And check here for the awesome creativity shown with mods and custom content designers.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-modding-and-custom-content
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Doubt it, but who knows what the future may bring. Maybe we'll get one world we can customize to our liking.