Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dying Population?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I use MCCC and I also download and use other people’s save files such as LilSimsie and Plumbella who have their worlds filled up with people.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I have aging turned off and play rotationally on my main game, but when I was playing a legacy and everyone was aging , I would just go into households and add children to families.... every once in awhile I would go back and combine young adults into families, and add children. This way there were plenty of people growing up with each generation. I would take someone like Alexander Goth (when he became a young adult) and combine him with another person who had become a young adult, add children, teens etc. to the family, and usually left the older adults in the household too.
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I use MCCC too, but I like managing the households in CAS, marriages, pregnancies, etc. With MCCC, I have really long aging set up so it gives me plenty of time to rotate households.

My games are kind of like daytime soap operas, I guess, I have my main household, then when they make friends or find romance those sims become part of the story. I just don't have much divorce or infidelity with my main households, but anything goes with the secondary played households and the townies.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    BrocNoodleBrocNoodle Posts: 28 Member
    I keep aging off as well. It just works better for me.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I’ve been playing with aging off for YEARS now lol so this isn’t a struggle I can relate to :)
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    I have different saves of different types of play. I wish I could set the aging off or short or long / on or off for played or not played for each save. I know I can have different settings for each save for MCCC, but no clue how to set it.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I give the majority of them children so their family tree keeps going.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited March 2019
    I haven't been on the game for awhile now so I don't know if there's a big or not, but I tend to just download some Sims of the gallery and repopulate the world.

I also went and started a new game to save pre made households in my gallery to put them back in the game I was playing if I want them.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    WeedityWeedity Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm new to the Sims and a little confused! So if I have the settings on for my Sims to age eventually the entire population will die over time? Are there settings to let my Sims are and nobody else? This seems like a big design flaw to me. Like when my Sims grandchildren grown-up they won't be able to find anyone their age to marry or hang out with since everyone will be old?
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited March 2019
    Since Sims 4 don't have story progression you got to progress yur town, the medical active career will always have kids if there is a Doctor in it that his high enough for pregnant poeple to walk into and have kids.

Edit I almost forgot sometimes the kids on the adoption list will visit the hospital and grow up there.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    xbecky685xxbecky685x Posts: 323 Member
    What I do is every once in a while go into manage households and give the premades husband's and wives and then after a little while a baby. Keeps the generations going and my town populated.
    Gallery xbecky685x
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Its terrible how the fill empty house option does not do a thing. Without the MCC your game means nothing.
    It would be nice if EA would actually create some meaningful sims like how they come with packs. Why not a controlable button where you can decide whether you like EA's newly made sims in your game. I could use some new sims every week or month maybe. My town dies out pretty fast.

The game creates horrible looking sims with too random traits. Why not actually match their jobs, traits and living situation with eachother or the lot they live on. i see poor jobless sims that have no sense of style whatsoever live int he most expansive mansions. Makes no sense.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Stina1701A wrote: »
    I always play with aging off except in the household I am currently in but then I play rotationally with over 20 households and everyone I care about age at the roughly the same pace except a few households (premade) and all the homeless npcs and townies. That means that my families will always have neighbours and distant and not so distant relatives in world. If I were to play only one household I'd use the MCCC thing, probably.

Oh I didn't know we could turn aging off for everybody except the family that we play. I wish I had done this so all the popular townies hadn't died. I miss the goths and other familiar faces. I wish it was possible to add them back without restarting a new game. :'(

@Sharonia You can add them back, you just need to go on a new save and save them to the gallery, then you place them again in your game. I woudl recomend you cheecking out the official Maxis gallery, they have so many new famileis there, some are recreations from Sims 2, some from the pack trailers, etc...
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    I used to manually go in and add gallery sims in cas as spouses spawning kids to keep lines going. I found if a house isn't cheap enough for brand new CAS sim budget no one ever moves in. Only my budget homes regularly get new owners when the current dies.
    I've recently got mccommand though and let townies progress
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    christylee1989christylee1989 Posts: 9 New Member
    see this is my problem as well. i recently started using MCCC as people have said it can help keep up the population. i dont know if its just me not knowing how to use it properly or not but the babies in the game are not aging up by themself! i have to where mccc will make new pregnancies every saturday in the game for the npc, and i have aging on for npc, but the babies are not aging up and one family now has 2 babies!
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    edited March 2019
    The *idea* behind how they set it up is a good one. Giving us the ability to fill empty houses or not, age the entire town or just our Sims or neither. But it obviously doesn't work right and needs tweaking. I just noticed last night that all the houses in my game were still empty (but there's tons of townies in my game's library that I see walking around town). I ended up turning on free real estate and putting some of those townies in houses. I also grabbed all the original pre-mades and some Sims 2 families Maxis added to the gallery and placed those.
    Post edited by lisamwitt on
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    simvasionsimvasion Posts: 110 Member
    I've seen the way that "Fill Empty Homes" works explained on Answers HQ.

Each week, the game will fill an empty home - but only in the current neighbourhood you're playing in. So if you never play in any of the other worlds or neighbourhoods in each of the worlds, you won't see anything happen.

I play rotationally, so this seems to suit that.

Source: SimGuruIcarus
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    edited March 2019
    Galactrix wrote: »
    I've seen the way that "Fill Empty Homes" works explained on Answers HQ.

Each week, the game will fill an empty home - but only in the current neighbourhood you're playing in. So if you never play in any of the other worlds or neighbourhoods in each of the worlds, you won't see anything happen.

I play rotationally, so this seems to suit that.

Source: SimGuruIcarus

Maybe that's what it's supposed to do, but I'm two generations in playing on long, with a vampire family, in one neighborhood the whole time, and my neighborhoods all just died and stayed empty.
    And, if they ever fix the issue, they should make it so it fills an empty house in each neighborhood, not just the one you are living in. So that there will be neighbors if your vampire wants to troll the hood for food or if you decide to move there.

Edit: It just occurred to me that this is possibly related to the furniture. I don't know for sure, but I read somewhere else that someone leaves toilets out of their houses so they won't get filled on purpose. All the houses in my game that had previously had pre-mades in them, were empty of furniture after the families died. So perhaps the game isn't putting people in them because there aren't any toilets??
    I hope they don't need them if you aren't playing the family, because I didn't bother to re-furnish the houses when I put families in them. lol.
    Post edited by lisamwitt on
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    christylee1989christylee1989 Posts: 9 New Member
    > @lisamwitt said:
    > Galactrix wrote: »
    >
    > I've seen the way that "Fill Empty Homes" works explained on Answers HQ.
    >
    > Each week, the game will fill an empty home - but only in the current neighbourhood you're playing in. So if you never play in any of the other worlds or neighbourhoods in each of the worlds, you won't see anything happen.
    >
    > I play rotationally, so this seems to suit that.
    >
    > Source: SimGuruIcarus
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Maybe that's what it's supposed to do, but I'm two generations in playing on long, with a vampire family, in one neighborhood the whole time, and my neighborhoods all just died and stayed empty.
    > And, if they ever fix the issue, they should make it so it fills an empty house in each neighborhood, not just the one you are living in. So that there will be neighbors if your vampire wants to troll the hood for food or if you decide to move there.
    >
    > Edit: It just occurred to me that this is possibly related to the furniture. I don't know for sure, but I read somewhere else that someone leaves toilets out of their houses so they won't get filled on purpose. All the houses in my game that had previously had pre-mades in them, were empty of furniture after the families died. So perhaps the game isn't putting people in them because there aren't any toilets??

my babies are not aging up, kinda wondering now if i put kid potties in the houses if they will age up!
  • Options
    Smoky1967Smoky1967 Posts: 41 Member
    Thanks everyone. I have learned some new ways of doing things in gameplay thanks to you all
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited March 2019
    Smoky1967 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. I have learned some new ways of doing things in gameplay thanks to you all

Same for me. I've decided to play rotational with aging off for anybody except the active household. I usually only play one family in my game so now I'm actually quite excited for a new way of playing. Thanks everybody for all your replies. It's been very helpful indeed. :)