Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Show Off Your Family Trees!

Comments

• Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    @CoreyCanadian Family Echo is the site I use for my Sims 4 family tree
    lmkiture wrote: »
    @Laceyrose Use prntscrn or what ever screenshot function your computer has. On a Mac, I use shift+Cmd+4.

Thank you both for posting that information! I've been wracking my brain trying to create decent family trees with Word and Excel LOL.

I've noticed that some of the family trees from the Sims4 in-game are showing everyone for 6 generations. Is this done by the game, or done by the user merging different screenshots to complete the family tree? My family trees never look like that in-game, so I'm curious as to how to replicate it.

Longer trees stem from the founder, so you would have to select your founder to see the rest of the generations. If you start from the bottom with their descendants, it may not show everyone before their generation.
    I'm not sure how far along it goes before it cuts off from the founder's view, but I'm at Generation 5 and they show up without me having to merge screenshots.

Another nice family tree site is ThePlumTree, which was made with the game in mind. You can select traits, aspirations, and write bios if you like. :)
  • Options
    sweety_blondysweety_blondy Posts: 117 Member
    Thank you @Cement :smiley: for the site reference.
    I have clicked on the founder but it won't show his wife on screen, so then I'm clicking on the children, their spouses, etc...still end up with multiple shots....I'll check out the site
    Origin id: LunaLycaon
    Simming since the beginning ;)
  • Options
    sweety_blondysweety_blondy Posts: 117 Member
    edited February 2017
    Ok, so here is my current family's family tree. I'm still playing around with ThePlumTree and Family Echo so it's a little rough-looking :neutral:

2hgrbma.png

--> Apologies if this doesn't work, but I haven't taken the opportunity to post links/pictures before.
    Post edited by sweety_blondy on
    Origin id: LunaLycaon
    Simming since the beginning ;)
  • Options
    lonestarranger01lonestarranger01 Posts: 60 Member
    Hello all! This is the family tree so far that I have for a personal legacy/generation challenge that I am doing! The beginning family ended up being a bit large so it's taking a bit longer since the third generation was born relatively recently (at least I'm having fun with it :p ). This is the longest generation I have gotten through (I know its nothing special yet) in the Sims 4 as it took me a bit to enjoy this installment of the sims but it has started to grow on me and I'm quite proud to have gotten this far and looking forward to getting farther! I'm going to go as far as I can but the dream right now is to hit 100 generations.

59501539ab4dd8a38754049697ef78f0.png

My family is intractable and each person on the tree has a biography listing all the biographical information for each sim and their background stories. If any of you are interested in reading the biographies of my sims feel free to checkout the the tree here

Happy simming!
    “It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.” –The Goblet of Fire
  • Options
    hughughughug Posts: 82 Member
    edited August 2017
    Here's mine! I edited in some family it wouldn't show as well. All causes of death are from old age. KZbGXRa.jpg
  • Options
    MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
  • Options
    BiggieCheeseBiggieCheese Posts: 435 Member
    ~Keep on chit-chatting, saying this and that
    Talkin talkin talkin
    I do what I do, so you do you
    Dirty dirty
    You can’t stop me lovin’ myself
    ~
  • Options
    OhHeyLuckyOhHeyLucky Posts: 1,338 Member
    Here is my current decades challenge family tree!

fairfaxtree.png
  • Options
    wakeuprosiwakeuprosi Posts: 41 Member
    familyecho. com /?p=START&c=12o4q50sce2&f=536824432673510011 I'll add more pictures to it later.. to make it work remove the spaces cause i cant post links smh
    B)
  • Options
    pesetaspesetas Posts: 1 New Member
    How do you see the family tree?
  • Options
    Matthewsims123Matthewsims123 Posts: 37 Member
    What does culling/culled mean and how is it prevented
  • Options
    TheAmazingLeeTheAmazingLee Posts: 140 Member
    My longest running family is 20 generations now. I just put them up on Family Echo but I don't have all their pictures (or even most of them) up yet. It's a bit busier in the most recent generations because I had to transplant them to a new save and so a lot of extended family is missing and the sims tree dies quite quickly...

http://www.familyecho.com/?p=START&c=j1e79nfjkd&f=729721580758999865

@Matthewsims123 Culling is when the game deletes a sim. There are mods I know where you can prevent a sim from being culled but I'm not too knowledgeable on the subject.
  • Options
    DinowCookieDinowCookie Posts: 951 Member
    edited April 2018
    I'm a bit of a family tree nerd, I keep track of -all- the trees in my game using the plum tree app.

These are the most interesting ones I have:

Purdue
    pnEJSlx.png

Munch
    tYnSyXQ.png

Landgraab
    KTGEcN2.png

Albright
    LJbsVkb.png

Lothario
    pBj7blX.png

I have plenty more, most of them are linked ^_^
    Visit me on the gallery! 😊
    EA ID: DinowCookie | No-CC Households & Rooms
  • Options
    simgravessimgraves Posts: 291 Member
    Here's mine (x). It's quite big
  • Options
    Holy_CowHoly_Cow Posts: 47 Member
    pesetas wrote: »
    How do you see the family tree?

To see the family tree you press Y on your keyboard and next to the age up area there are three (or four?) boxes. Click on those.
    Holy cow! I completed the Grilled Cheese Aspiration! :P
  • Options
    DinowCookieDinowCookie Posts: 951 Member
    edited August 2018
    I just spent forever getting my plum tree family trees all updated and cleaned up. Got to a point where some Sims would be in many, many different trees and it was just taking too much effort to add all the Sims in every tree they're part of. So I went with adding kids of Sims only to their father's family tree (convenient for naming) and no longer to the mother's tree. Made my life so much easier!

So now I have a lot of family trees, some very big ones, and most of them interlinked.

Please have a look! :smiley:
    Visit me on the gallery! 😊
    EA ID: DinowCookie | No-CC Households & Rooms
  • Options
    SassieSassie Posts: 293 Member
    Here's mine: https://theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#5b278a9503d963000f30e228 . I'm currently playing the second generation, and the third genration is already born (but not completed). I'm intending to finish at least 4 generations (and have noted down ideas for a fifth gen).
    Currently playing the Abbott household (4th generation now: Theo).
  • Options
    SimmermartySimmermarty Posts: 44 Member
    > @iiimee said:
    > poisonedsodapop wrote: »
    >
    >
    > My founder's family tree.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hey, quick question: How do I get to see my founder's tree? Like, if they're dead, how do I bring up their family tree?

Not sure if you got an answer but if you go to their descendant's family tree, just keep clicking the above generation until you get to him/her
  • Options
    TurquoisePapayaTurquoisePapaya Posts: 318 Member
    Wow, those are some awesome family trees. Some of them are impressively large!
    Here's mine; it's not super long yet, but one day lol theplumtreeapp.com/public/5c71f9429e12eb000f9b80da

I'm playing rotationally with Romeo's family and the Vatore branch and letting MCCC take care of the rest. It's my first foray into rotational play, so I'm keeping the amount of families on rotation low.

I love seeing how the genetics pass on. It's interesting that both Romeo and Anemone got Sunny's dark hair, while August got uncle Malcolm's yellow hair. And Anemone, Liana, and Sage all definitely got the Landgraab nose.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    edited May 2019
    Landgraab.jpg

Just made a family tree for my comic legacy, gotta show off since took longer to make than it should
    Click here to check it out
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    This my current sims 4 family, having trouble staying entertained by them though Lauries is only a few days away from being an adult so I'm hoping to bring new life to the game once she's aged up. My PLum tree family tree, the sims I control all have some heafty stories to them, still deciding who to have as an heir, either Laurie or Levi.

tumblr_pqovklDyd81xi5hclo4_1280.jpg
  • Options
    PixelNestPixelNest Posts: 51 Member
    As a newbie I can't share pics yet, but I wanted to check in to see if there are any other data geeks out there who also embarrassingly keep their family trees and other Sim relationships saved to a spreadsheet on their desktop?
  • Options
    @PixelNest Not on a desktop, but on my google spreadsheet. Mostly for story purpose all relationship and personality stuff so I don't forget the name of my multi gen sims.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Posting another one of these again!
    Goth.jpg
    Check out the story here!
  • Options
    SassieSassie Posts: 293 Member
    PixelNest wrote: »
    As a newbie I can't share pics yet, but I wanted to check in to see if there are any other data geeks out there who also embarrassingly keep their family trees and other Sim relationships saved to a spreadsheet on their desktop?
    I do too. :smile: I keep track of their details (like traits, parents, jobs, where they live, etc) for storytelling puposes. I also have a small notebook to write down details in while I'm playing, and it also contains my plans/outlines for the family I'm playing with.
    Currently playing the Abbott household (4th generation now: Theo).