Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your top 3 favorite packs and why?

Comments

• Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    Seasons - Obviously for seasons but I also really love the holidays and family feel to the pack.

Parenthood - I think the sims 4 lacks in the generation department and what I mean is that some of the life stages don't have a lot going for them. I love parenthood because it broadens some of the life stages. I still feel like a lot needs to be done but this pack really helps with that!

Strangerville - I actually don't care much about the story line although I did finish it, but I really love the new world and the the build objects that it came with.

For stuff packs:

Laundry Day - Not just for laundry but I love the buy objects and use them in almost all my builds.

Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    1. Get Famous:

This pack is my number one favourite pack as of now, I can't play without this pack. The celebrity and reputation systems adds a layer of depth to my sims and their world that other packs don't have and can't replicate. I like to use both systems in more of a social status spectrum rather than strictly using the celebrity system for celebrities. I often make sims around my world 1 to 3 star celebrities as I imagine them as someone who would be better known/more recognized, popular people at school, a character with a lot of friends, a very important business man, and so on. These two system in unison create this world where people have a form of social status/importance, which creates more distinct sims but also more unique/dynamic situations in my game. This pack completely changed my game.

2. Seasons:

Another pack that adds a very important layer of depth to the game, sure the seasons are nice, but I'm talking more so about the calendar and holidays. At this point in my game I have a default calendar set up I like to create throughout all my saves. My season length is set to two weeks while my sims have long life spans, and through out the year my sims experience Summer Vacation, Simnation Day, Spooky Festival, Harvest Fest, Leisure Day, Winterfest, Winter Break, New Years, Spring Cleaning, Flower Festival and Love Festival. My year is organized in a way that mimics my real life, but also organizes my sims year into a familiar pattern that I recognize. The passage of time is so special in my Sims game now with the calendar system to organize my events, and the holiday to organize my sims year, another pack I can't possibly play without.

Honorable Mention, Cats and Dogs:

This pack would be number 3 if it weren't for the fact that cats and dogs don't show up in any other world except Brindleton Bay and I guess Salvadorada apparently? Why don't I see Sims walking their dogs in willow creek? Why don't I see stray cats roaming the streets of San Myshuno? Besides that, even when pets show up in public spaces using the lot traits to summon them, nothing really happens, why don't the sims play with their cats at the cafe? Why don't sims play fetch with their dogs at the park? The first two packs on my list built upon not only just my own sims, but also the world around them, Cats and Dogs COULD HAVE done this but for some reason beyond my understanding didn't. I will remain bitter about this as long as this is the way it stays.

3. City Living:

I just genuinly love San Myshuno, my sims living experience in the city is always unique compared to normal suburban life. There's usually something to do at any moment while plaing in the city, I rarely get bored playing in San Myshuno. This pack also added my favourite lot type, the Arts Centre, it's a great lot to use if you ever wanted to create Community Centres for your games, it's just a very versatile lot, you can build a variety of public lots using this lot type as a base. One more thing I love about this pack, the Lot Traits, I think Lot Traits are a very under appreciated feature, they are an excellent tool to make certain lots more distinct or specific in their behaviour.
  • Options
    KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    Seasons I love Seasons because it freshens up the environment so much and makes everything feel more dynamic and realistic. The calendar is one of my favourite additions to the entire franchise. I don't have anything negative to say about this pack.

Get To Work Finally, a worthy follow-up to Open For Business. I love sending my sims to work, but what I love even more is the ability to operate my own business, selling whatever I like. The retail system is rather great in general, too.

Get Together Honestly, it was a tie between this and City Living, but I'm giving Get Together the edge because I'm obsessed with Windenburg. The clubs system is genius and the addition of nightclubs was very much welcome.
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    edited March 2019
    1. Vampires
    2. Get Together-my vampires always usually end up living in Windenburg( although my mobster vampire is currently lording it over San Myshuno)
    3. Get to Work-because aliens :)
    Honorable mention would be Seasons and Parenthood
  • Options
    masuloimasuloi Posts: 66 Member
    @KottonKrown Yess!! The calendar is such a glorious creation. I love adding holidays and birthday parties for my sims 🎂🍭
    88e00f9777fc8e9e0e1a609abcd94289.gif
  • Options
    Crimson_CountessCrimson_Countess Posts: 17 Member
    1. Vampires- all of the historical clothes and furniture
    2. Seasons- it makes the game feel so much more real
    3. city living- The city is so vibrant

I also love cats and dogs
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    Vampires - I'd say over half my saves have a vampire in them somewhere. This was also the pack that convinced me to get into the Sims 4.

Seasons - Love the atmosphere and added challenges weather and seasons add to the game.

Get Together - Love the world of Windenburg, most of my saves are on the island in Windenburg. Clubs are also useful and nice to have around.
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited March 2019
    Seasons, because seasons are simply a must.
    Vampires, they are so much fun and the best pack ever for me.
    Cats & Dogs, I love pets.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I have two packs that are an absolute must but picking the third one was difficult. I asked myself the same as @Hermitgirl: what if I could only have three packs..?

Get Together - My first pick would be GT because the usability of club system and the beautiful big world. I feel like I could do many things with this pack alone, shaping up my little society, expanding where they live and enjoying getting out of the house. The Windeburg island is also a must have.

Seasons - Although Seasons doesn't come with a new world I still considered it worthy to be in my top three picks. The calendar system and holidays are very good tools shaping up your game and the sense of time passing is right there with this pack. It adds to everything.

Vampires - If I could only own three packs then I would like one of them to be something that I can dive deeply into. Vampires have interesting power system which could be used to create different kind of characters and even control other sims. The world is kind of small but the style appeals to me and I love the CAS/build&buy. I don't play vampires a lot in my current save but still like them a lot.
  • Options
    AndyDanielAndyDaniel Posts: 67 Member
    Very tough to choose just three. Every pack has improved the game for me. Aside from StrangerVille which is too new to rank:

Jungle Adventure - love the jungle zones and cantina, very replayable, several collections to work on

Get to Work - in-depth careers are very absorbing, hope we will get more of these. Also enjoy creating and operating businesses

Spa Day - some long-lasting buffs were added, plus seeing my two dudes doing yoga and getting foot massages is always hilarious
    8IomapKl.png
  • Options
    Depper12Depper12 Posts: 25 Member
    1 - city living i fricking love that pack
    2- get famous it's fun being famous
    3 - parenthood because it adds so much
  • Options
    @Depper12 What can sims get famous for in ‘Get Famous’ ?
  • Options
    @musteni I love Windenburg too! It’s so beautiful and I agree with how my sims can have interests in different clubs 🦋
  • Options
    Scarbo27Scarbo27 Posts: 125 Member
    edited March 2019
    Get Together - The build/buy objects are nice and useful, they also fit any style of interior decoration. I use all of the features from the pack in every world. My sims like nightclub, it is the main community lot where they can hang out and meet new people. And I really love the club feature, I have at least 10 custom clubs in my save game, I like to see my clubs automatically start gatherings in the world, it's more immersive to see the sims that I created do activities or flirt together without me supervising. Also it lowers the chance of random NPC sims visiting the lot if there's already two clubs of 8 people hanging out there.
    Seasons - The seasons are just wonderful, this pack made me take my sims out to the world more often. I also really like the holidays for each season. And the snow in winter is just so beautiful. I live in Canada and I love winter storms in the game just as much as in real life.
    City Living - Although this pack has so many glitches that are still not fixed after almost 3 years. I love city life in the game, I play rotational play most of my households live San MyShuno, the city is always bustling, there's always stuff to do.
  • Options
    missvalerinamissvalerina Posts: 861 Member
    Dine Out is essential for me. I love being able to build/run a restaurant and having my sims go out to eat.

In a similar vein, Get to Work is also a must-have pack. I have loved opening stores and having sims either sell things they've made or dress up mannequins and have customers try things on.

City Living is another favorite. My sims don't always get around to all the festivals but I love exploring the city and having apartments.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Seasons, cats and dogs and vampires... The last one was a real surprise to me, I never liked supernaturals much, even though I'm finding ways to use them now.
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    1. Seasons
    2. City living
    3. Cats n dogs
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    1. Get To Work - I love the active careers with work places, I wish all careers were like this and had workplaces, I think a lot of work went into active careers.
    2. Get Together - I love Windenburg. I love the size of the city and the build items especially. I love the looks of the houses. I also like the club system.
    3. City living - Even though I have problems with overlapping festivals. I love the idea that there are festivals. However I wish they had made it so we could create our own apartments to upload to the gallery ( without having to remove doors). I would have loved to download others apartments.

• Options
    PearLadyPearLady Posts: 207 Member
    Hmm, a bit of a tough decision (which isn't a bad thing), made a bit more difficult because of recent glitches.

1) Seasons - gorgeous...love using the items in CAS and build mode, actually being able to plan events (big plus), celebrating holidays
    2) Parenthood - helps give me sims with a bit more personality (I realize it's not as in-depth as other iterations of the game, but it's something) and I love the build/CAS and use these items often
    3) Get To Work - it was my first DLC and I love the careers, and aliens still entertain me when they try to take over my town with their spawn (sad that this pack is started to get borked up though because of recent add-ons, hopefully, fixes incoming someday)

Runners-up:
    a) City Living - Although I rarely live in the city, I like to use items from this often and still go to the festivals occasionally, and love the food
    b) Kids Room stuff - I like/use the items often, except for the voidcritters thing because I forget about it (I like the collection, though) :)
    Don't anger the fruit. It may make her toot (at you). ;)
  • Options
    Depper12Depper12 Posts: 25 Member
    > @masuloi said:
    > @Depper12 What can sims get famous for in ‘Get Famous’ ?

everything. that's up to you to decide.
    when you become a 5 star celebrity and get your tile you can put whatever you want in the description.
    plus i can't remember if it came in an update or get famous but you can mark yourself as self employed so you can literally be anything you want and be famous for it
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    masuloi wrote: »
    @Depper12 What can sims get famous for in ‘Get Famous’ ?

My favorite sim is on his way to becoming a 5 star mob boss, sky's the limit as to what they can be famous for.
  • Options
    VanderhootVanderhoot Posts: 192 Member
    Get Together is my top hands down.

I use a lot of build mode items from Outsoor Stuff.

Then i guess Seasons but i need a mod to control them more.
    7He4osW.png?1
    Check out my 1920s homes on the gallery: Vanderhoot13
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    1. SEASONS--This pack has been my favorite since Sims 2! Sims 4's version is definitely the best and most beautiful in my humble opinion. I get caught up taking picture after picture in Autumn and Winter especially! I love how creative the team was when they came up with customizable holidays! I would have never thought of that feature in a million years. Seasons adds a sense of passing time that the game needed. It affects every aspect of gameplay. Kudos to the Sims team!!

2. GET FAMOUS--I am still very surprised at how much I enjoy this expansion! When I was watching the reveal trailers I was sorely disappointed. I didn't even get this one on release day. However, once it went on sale, I decided to pounce on it because I knew I'd use at least a few of the features. This pack is STELLAR. I love how you can build celebrities into unique characters with perks and quirks. I adore the CAS and Build/Buy items. I love how many interactive objects the pack brings with set pieces and the acting spots where you can set up scenes! I love that they made acting an active career AND acting skill. I think that lends so much freedom and replayability to the concept. I really was hoping that the military career in Strangerville would also have separate "military training" skill but was disappointed. I love that your sims can get famous by almost anything. It is a very creative and sandbox-style pack that I think a Sims game should be all about!

3. PARENTHOOD--Deciding on third place was hard! I would say it is close between Parenthood and Get Together because these are packs that lend sandbox and overarching elements to the game. Parenthood just edged it out by a smidgen. Parenthood affects gameplay with the character values from toddlers to teens that in turn affect which traits they earn when they grow up to a young adult. I love that type of system and hope the team implements another gameplay aspect such as this in a future pack. I also love the parenting skill and how it's like a first-person view of the hectic world of parenting. This pack helps so much with storytelling and lending uniqueness to children and teens with the various phases. However, I still feel we desperately need a game pack that SOLELY focuses on fleshing out the children and teenager life stages! They are still missing so many interactions and events that make these stages unique!

• Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Can someone please tell me what pack is better get together or seasons before I make a really bad decision!

SEASONS!!
  • Options
    DESERTFLOWER1981DESERTFLOWER1981 Posts: 90 Member
    Parenthood - really opened up the family aspect of the game and brought it to life
    Seasons - I love to garden
    Get to work - I love being able to go to work with my sim
    I am writing a story, want to read it?
    Visit my blog here
    Visit the latest update for the discussion here