Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    How is everybody doing today? What age is your next matriarch @SimAlexandria? And did you decide if you are going to keep going with your current one @ChelleJo or if you are going to switch?

I'm up to 18 kids and she just got pregnant with #19. I bit the bullet and got the ley line trait, so the last two births have been twins. She now has 12 kids moved out and 6 girls at home... Lyanna, Joanna, Helaena, Doreah, Myrcella, and Wylla. I feel like my game is giving me way more girls than is statistically likely. I have had 14 girls and 4 boys so far and there has only been 1 boy in kids 6-18. She hasn't had strawberries and we don't even have a radio, so I don't know what's up with this. I'm actually hoping for a boy next (who may be a vampire, since the current dad-to-be is one) because I have so many more boy names than girl names. I'm going to run out of girls at this rate! lol

Has the baby been born yet? Was it a boy or a girl? Haha! I really like a lot of the names you picked.
  • Options
    Episode 1

Episode 2

In case anyone is interested, ^there are my first two episodes haha! But they are way behind my actual game play :)
  • Options
    DragonsDaughter9DragonsDaughter9 Posts: 20 Member
    [quote="SimAlexandria;c-16988353"]
    Has the baby been born yet? Was it a boy or a girl? Haha! I really like a lot of the names you picked. [/quote]

I stopped playing before the birth so she’s just super pregnant. (As always, poor thing.) I’ve got my fingers crossed though!

I downloaded a couple households that were made up of potential dads, so now I’m curious if the game is trying to restore some time of balance to the population. I may need to create a couple all girl families (other than the one this game has me playing currently lol) to see if that helps.
  • Options
    gladlypantsgladlypants Posts: 122 Member
    Episode 1

Episode 2

In case anyone is interested, ^there are my first two episodes haha! But they are way behind my actual game play :)

Gonna have this on in the background today while I work :)

@DragonsDaughter9 - I am on girl #8 of an all-girl streak and I am starting to wonder the same lol.
    TB88pBc.png
    Gallery ID: gladlypants
    favorite gallery hashtag: #redditexchange
    gladlypants.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Has the baby been born yet? Was it a boy or a girl? Haha! I really like a lot of the names you picked.

I stopped playing before the birth so she’s just super pregnant. (As always, poor thing.) I’ve got my fingers crossed though!

I downloaded a couple households that were made up of potential dads, so now I’m curious if the game is trying to restore some time of balance to the population. I may need to create a couple all girl families (other than the one this game has me playing currently lol) to see if that helps.
    That could definitely be at 2! I've heard that the Sims game is program to try and keep it even and that if there is a much larger population of one gender, new babies will frequently be born the other
  • Options
    @SimAlexandria It ended up being boy/girl twins. I put 2 families of 8 women and 1 with 3 and a couple pets. Maybe that helped?

So, funny story... my matriarch was trying to Try for Baby with this guy in a bush. He was sparking and it wouldn't work, which I thought was a glitch. I got them to TFB in bed. Immediately after he got up, left the room, and promptly died. Like, I didn't even have time to take a pregnancy test. His poor future baby.
  • Options
    @SimAlexandria It ended up being boy/girl twins. I put 2 families of 8 women and 1 with 3 and a couple pets. Maybe that helped?

So, funny story... my matriarch was trying to Try for Baby with this guy in a bush. He was sparking and it wouldn't work, which I thought was a glitch. I got them to TFB in bed. Immediately after he got up, left the room, and promptly died. Like, I didn't even have time to take a pregnancy test. His poor future baby.

Haha well that could be good. Now one less 2 day mourning period for this baby when he dies later haha
  • Options
    Julie85Julie85 Posts: 40 Member
    Sounds so much fun I have been watching others attempt this. Just seriously about to start it myself.
  • Options
    Julie85 wrote: »
    Sounds so much fun I have been watching others attempt this. Just seriously about to start it myself.

That's great!!! Keep us updated on your progress! I love reading about others challenges :)
  • Options
    @Julie85 Good luck! Keep us updated on how your challenge goes.

I'm 1/5 of the way there! I just got 19 & 20 moved out. I have 5 kids at home (teen boy, boy/girl twin kids, and boy/girl twin infants). I think I'll be able to get her pregnant again tomorrow too.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member

Have fun! :)
    @Julie85 Good luck! Keep us updated on how your challenge goes.

I'm 1/5 of the way there! I just got 19 & 20 moved out. I have 5 kids at home (teen boy, boy/girl twin kids, and boy/girl twin infants). I think I'll be able to get her pregnant again tomorrow too.

Congrats on the 1/5 of the way! (I thought I was the only one that broke it down like that. Like, "Yay! 1/5th there! Yay! I'm a third of the way there!" :D:D)

I'm gonna be streaming so of my 100 baby here after a little bit. I'm gonna stream a bit of my wonderchild first, then I want to stream some of Candice's house.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    Hi guys I was wondering delete if not allowed. But I would love to record my 100 baby challenge and share with everyone. Is the Sim 4 video recording best way to do this? Or is there a better way?
  • Options
    Hi guys I was wondering delete if not allowed. But I would love to record my 100 baby challenge and share with everyone. Is the Sim 4 video recording best way to do this? Or is there a better way?

Please share if you do :). If you are interested, I have started sharing mine. Link in my signature. I love to watch other peoples. As for the best way... Not sure.

For me when on game I hit the windows key plus "g" and a menu pops up to record. However I find after 1 hour they just stop recording on their own and sometimes I don't notice and miss bits so there def. Might be a better option, and I just don't know it.
  • Options

Videos from the sims 4 video recording option are insanely low quality and that makes it hard for people to watch. OBS is a good, free, recording software. It's mainly for streaming, but you can record videos with you. And you'll want a mic, for commentary.

If anyone wants to come watch my stream (I'm still new and my streams are never "professional", it's just me having fun) I'm on twitch at

I'll be going live in the next several minutes and will likely only do a day or so of Wonderchild before getting to my 100 baby.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    ChelleJo wrote: »

Videos from the sims 4 video recording option are insanely low quality and that makes it hard for people to watch. OBS is a good, free, recording software. It's mainly for streaming, but you can record videos with you. And you'll want a mic, for commentary.

If anyone wants to come watch my stream (I'm still new and my streams are never "professional", it's just me having fun) I'm on twitch at

I'll be going live in the next several minutes and will likely only do a day or so of Wonderchild before getting to my 100 baby.

What is twitch? I can't watch live as I am at work. Does the twitch thing let me watch later?
  • Options
    @SimAlexandria It does save the videos for a couple days, not sure how long. I have like 6 videos up on there, and the last 3 (as of today) are 100 baby, even though 2 say Wonder Child. I forgot to change my title when I switched to 100 baby. I'm not sure how long they'll be up, Twitch does eventually delete them.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    Thanks :). If my kid gets to bed on time I might be able to watch tonight 😂
  • Options
    > @ChelleJo said:
    > Julie85 wrote: »
    >
    > Hi guys I was wondering delete if not allowed. But I would love to record my 100 baby challenge and share with everyone. Is the Sim 4 video recording best way to do this? Or is there a better way?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Videos from the sims 4 video recording option are insanely low quality and that makes it hard for people to watch. OBS is a good, free, recording software. It's mainly for streaming, but you can record videos with you. And you'll want a mic, for commentary.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If anyone wants to come watch my stream (I'm still new and my streams are never "professional", it's just me having fun) I'm on twitch at
    >
    >
    >
    > I'll be going live in the next several minutes and will likely only do a day or so of Wonderchild before getting to my 100 baby.

Awesome thank you for your help. I just download and installed it. And become a member of twitch
  • Options
    brandnewquietbrandnewquiet Posts: 23 Member
    OH MY! My 2nd Matriarch just had a brush with death. She decided to jump into the luminary's exotic garden pond and drowned! Apparently, that can happen if there are hungry fish, even though I had queued her to feed the fish before she jumped in. Yikes! Poor Mila is only 2 days away from aging into an elder and just aged the heiress up to a toddler. Fortunately, one of the three children I asked to plead for her life actually did. Can you believe those other two jerk kids just stood around after all she has sacrificed for her children? :p
    I assume pleading for her life is passable since she's done having children. It was just too sad to let it happen! lol
  • Options
    farmgirl88126farmgirl88126 Posts: 1 New Member
    it says you can have a career what would you call a career
  • Options
    Depper12Depper12 Posts: 25 Member
    i made it ! i completed the challenge
  • Options
    OH MY! My 2nd Matriarch just had a brush with death. She decided to jump into the luminary's exotic garden pond and drowned! Apparently, that can happen if there are hungry fish, even though I had queued her to feed the fish before she jumped in. Yikes! Poor Mila is only 2 days away from aging into an elder and just aged the heiress up to a toddler. Fortunately, one of the three children I asked to plead for her life actually did. Can you believe those other two plum kids just stood around after all she has sacrificed for her children? :p
    I assume pleading for her life is passable since she's done having children. It was just too sad to let it happen! lol

@brandnewquiet Oh, my Goodness! I am so happy that one of her children was successful in the pleading (I haven't always had the best of luck with pleading, but it has come thru when I really needed it. It would probably be a good idea to grow a few death flowers for situations like that, though I'm not 100% they are allowed in this challenge. I'd have to go re-read the rules since I don't use death flowers. Though the more I think of what happened to Mila and what happened to my Joseph in my legacy.. I might need them). I am glad you got her back, though. :)
    it says you can have a career what would you call a career

@farmgirl88126 You can have a career that doesn't require a rabbit hole job, no disappearing off lot for your job. So the city living jobs, the new military job, the gardening job. You just have to choose "Work from home" each time the work day rolls around.

Depper12 wrote: »

@Depper12 Congrats! That's quite an accomplishment! :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    hipotonixhipotonix Posts: 58 Member
    I'm definitely enjoying this challenge. I started it a couple weeks ago but have been taking breaks here and there to also work on some of my other playthroughs. This is the first Sims challenge I have ever done and the rules are very understandable and while it contains its challenges, it can be pretty easy once you get into a rhythm.
  • Options
    Depper12 wrote: »

Congrats! How many generations did it take you?
  • Options
    > @Depper12 said:
    > i made it ! i completed the challenge

That is awesome well done. I haven't come across anyone who's completed it. Most people have given up.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top