Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• Options
    DragonsDaughter9DragonsDaughter9 Posts: 20 Member
    Congratulations @Depper12! I also would like to know how many generations it took you.

I agree with you, @MagsIsAwkward that it does get easy once you get into the swing of things. Once you get some money and aspiration rewards things are a lot easier.
  • Options
    Depper12Depper12 Posts: 25 Member
    Thank you @DragonsDaughter9
    it actually only took me 2 generations
    but when i played it and finished it there was no toddler yet
  • Options
    Depper12Depper12 Posts: 25 Member
    Julie85 wrote: »
    > @Depper12 said:
    > i made it ! i completed the challenge

That is awesome well done. I haven't come across anyone who's completed it. Most people have given up.

i was close a couple of times but i just kept going anyway :smiley:
  • Options
    Hyunwoo_ssiHyunwoo_ssi Posts: 39 Member
    Depper12 wrote: »
    i made it ! i completed the challenge

Congrats!! I am 1/4 the way through at 25 kids currently my first matirarch is an elder I am keeping the young adult son in the house just in case something happens to her before Ms Riley is ready to take over the family legacy. She just aged into a child and I am working on her school stuff now. I also have two teens and her twin brother in the house right now
    7a0f2c2cb0c019dac7b944eb17c7eea6.jpg
    monbebe8819 is my sims id.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

Congrats!! I am 1/4 the way through at 25 kids currently my first matirarch is an elder I am keeping the young adult son in the house just in case something happens to her before Ms Riley is ready to take over the family legacy. She just aged into a child and I am working on her school stuff now. I also have two teens and her twin brother in the house right now

I'm waiting for my second to age up. And I'm keeping all of the older kids in the house to help earn money until I need them out to make room for more babies haha! When she's old enough to get pregnant then I'll move the oldest set of twins out, but I'm still going to keep her other older siblings in the house until she's ready to get pregnant the second time excetera. Might as well have as many money earners and Helping Hands in the house as we have room for :-)
  • Options
    Julie85Julie85 Posts: 40 Member
    Well I started this challenge yesterday and my matirach is not doing to well she can get the flirty happening and boys are loving it but then they reject her lol. Going to be a long challenge.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Julie85 wrote: »
    Well I started this challenge yesterday and my matirach is not doing to well she can get the flirty happening and boys are loving it but then they reject her lol. Going to be a long challenge.

I had soo much trouble the first few guys haha. Tip: Invite them over to hang out while doing other stuff to get friendship high before flirting
  • Options
    brandnewquietbrandnewquiet Posts: 23 Member
    I'm definitely enjoying this challenge. I started it a couple weeks ago but have been taking breaks here and there to also work on some of my other playthroughs. This is the first Sims challenge I have ever done and the rules are very understandable and while it contains its challenges, it can be pretty easy once you get into a rhythm.

I agree. I sort of like the system of it all, makes it a goal to 'optimize' the process and it's uniquely challenging. I'm on 63 children born, 3 of them aren't YA yet. My next matriarch is currently a toddler. I usually get bored on my playthroughs so I have found this to be a fun, challenging way to play. I've also never played without money cheats really so that's been an adventure! Glad you're enjoying yourself :)
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    OH MY! My 2nd Matriarch just had a brush with death. She decided to jump into the luminary's exotic garden pond and drowned! Apparently, that can happen if there are hungry fish, even though I had queued her to feed the fish before she jumped in. Yikes! Poor Mila is only 2 days away from aging into an elder and just aged the heiress up to a toddler. Fortunately, one of the three children I asked to plead for her life actually did. Can you believe those other two plum kids just stood around after all she has sacrificed for her children? :p
    I assume pleading for her life is passable since she's done having children. It was just too sad to let it happen! lol

@brandnewquiet Oh, my Goodness! I am so happy that one of her children was successful in the pleading (I haven't always had the best of luck with pleading, but it has come thru when I really needed it. It would probably be a good idea to grow a few death flowers for situations like that, though I'm not 100% they are allowed in this challenge. I'd have to go re-read the rules since I don't use death flowers. Though the more I think of what happened to Mila and what happened to my Joseph in my legacy.. I might need them). I am glad you got her back, though. :)
    it says you can have a career what would you call a career

@farmgirl88126 You can have a career that doesn't require a rabbit hole job, no disappearing off lot for your job. So the city living jobs, the new military job, the gardening job. You just have to choose "Work from home" each time the work day rolls around.

@Depper12 Congrats! That's quite an accomplishment! :)

Thank you! Rules say you can't do anything to extend the lifetime, but I took a little creative liberty with that since I'm not extending her life for more children. I feel like it's fair to want them to be around to enjoy their elder years, haha! Sims certainly does keep you on your toes with these expected deaths from time to time. You can get so attached! What happened to your sim in your legacy challenge?
  • Options

Congrats!!! How long have you been playing it?
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I'm definitely enjoying this challenge. I started it a couple weeks ago but have been taking breaks here and there to also work on some of my other playthroughs. This is the first Sims challenge I have ever done and the rules are very understandable and while it contains its challenges, it can be pretty easy once you get into a rhythm.

I agree. I sort of like the system of it all, makes it a goal to 'optimize' the process and it's uniquely challenging. I'm on 63 children born, 3 of them aren't YA yet. My next matriarch is currently a toddler. I usually get bored on my playthroughs so I have found this to be a fun, challenging way to play. I've also never played without money cheats really so that's been an adventure! Glad you're enjoying yourself :)

Wow! You are clipping right along! Nice! :) You are nearly 3/4 of the way done with the challenge :)
    OH MY! My 2nd Matriarch just had a brush with death. She decided to jump into the luminary's exotic garden pond and drowned! Apparently, that can happen if there are hungry fish, even though I had queued her to feed the fish before she jumped in. Yikes! Poor Mila is only 2 days away from aging into an elder and just aged the heiress up to a toddler. Fortunately, one of the three children I asked to plead for her life actually did. Can you believe those other two plum kids just stood around after all she has sacrificed for her children? :p
    I assume pleading for her life is passable since she's done having children. It was just too sad to let it happen! lol

@brandnewquiet Oh, my Goodness! I am so happy that one of her children was successful in the pleading (I haven't always had the best of luck with pleading, but it has come thru when I really needed it. It would probably be a good idea to grow a few death flowers for situations like that, though I'm not 100% they are allowed in this challenge. I'd have to go re-read the rules since I don't use death flowers. Though the more I think of what happened to Mila and what happened to my Joseph in my legacy.. I might need them). I am glad you got her back, though. :)
    it says you can have a career what would you call a career

@farmgirl88126 You can have a career that doesn't require a rabbit hole job, no disappearing off lot for your job. So the city living jobs, the new military job, the gardening job. You just have to choose "Work from home" each time the work day rolls around.

@Depper12 Congrats! That's quite an accomplishment! :)

Thank you! Rules say you can't do anything to extend the lifetime, but I took a little creative liberty with that since I'm not extending her life for more children. I feel like it's fair to want them to be around to enjoy their elder years, haha! Sims certainly does keep you on your toes with these expected deaths from time to time. You can get so attached! What happened to your sim in your legacy challenge?

My gen 3 heir was upstairs, playing with his twin toddlers, on the day his mother was going to pass, just about an hour before she passed, and he died of hysteria. I actually, put a death flower in her inventory, had her give it to Grim and brought him back. And then she passed away in the adjoining bathroom. Needless to say, my legacy family started growing death flowers.

p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    DragonsDaughter9DragonsDaughter9 Posts: 20 Member
    With the way the weekend fell in my game, I was able to get one set of twins aged up and sent out on a Monday and the next set left on Tuesday. Because of that I only have 3 kids at home now and a new pregnancy. I'm up to 28 kids total now, with 29+30 on the way according to MCCC, and 25 moved out. My first matriarch is still a young adult, too. It's coming along at a nice pace.
  • Options

I'm waiting for my second to age up. And I'm keeping all of the older kids in the house to help earn money until I need them out to make room for more babies haha! When she's old enough to get pregnant then I'll move the oldest set of twins out, but I'm still going to keep her other older siblings in the house until she's ready to get pregnant the second time excetera. Might as well have as many money earners and Helping Hands in the house as we have room for :-)

I have like 39,000 simoleons from painting and writing books I also sold all the gifts that were sent for birthdays since a lot of times they all send the same thing and some of the gifts were quite expensive. I also made sure to do every whim I could and do as much of the aspiration stuff as I could so mid way through the first gen i was able to get the never weary perk. I am considering buying a retail lot and bulding a store on it just to have the extra income. I also had the lot triats for the lot specificly for the kids. Ley line, childs play and good schools which helped quite a bit
  • Options
    With the way the weekend fell in my game, I was able to get one set of twins aged up and sent out on a Monday and the next set left on Tuesday. Because of that I only have 3 kids at home now and a new pregnancy. I'm up to 28 kids total now, with 29+30 on the way according to MCCC, and 25 moved out. My first matriarch is still a young adult, too. It's coming along at a nice pace.

From the looks of it I will have 4 gens. I guess it's a bit harder on the console than on the computer
  • Options
    Still waiting for our heir Lucy to age up. Her and her twin Katie are still kids.

Heidi aged up into a young adult today. I'm not sending her out to jobs like her two older brothers Felix and George (Felix is now a fitness instructor and George is a writer), because I want her to take over painting pictures like her mother. Also she has the "fast cleaner" aspiration reward so we keep her around to clean up the house haha!

Alexandria helping the youngest of her 12 kids do their homework.
    ruqn7q.jpg

Isaiah and Jeremiah aged up into teenagers. Isaiah was excited, but Jeremiah did NOT want to blow out his candles and become a teen. He cancelled the action to go do other things at least a dozen times (I think more) and it took until the next Sim day to finally convince him that teenager-hood isn't really all that bad! (Sorry for lying to you, Kid, but you had to grow up sometime!)

2h5tl69.jpg

And then the dreaded, worst ever, thing happened. We started getting notifications that Alexandria was living her last days on earth. That she was about to die of old age :(:(:(:(:(:( Noooooooo!!!!!

It was Thanksgiving weekend so we invited all her older kids over too. Felix and George took the day off of work. She celebrated Thanksgiving joyfully with all her family around her.
    2s9drbp.jpg

But then sadly she passed away the next morning at breakfast with all her younger kids around her.
    2yukaac.jpg

*Cries*

Not one of her 12 children have a living father still, so they are all orphans now :(

Still living in the Bennett family home from left to right:
    Lucy (our heir), Teen Isaiah, Young Adult George (the writer), Young Adult Heidi, Young Adult Felix (Athletic Instructor, George's twin), Teen Jeremiah, and Katie (Lucy's twin)

2iuvx9t.jpg

• Options
    simmietwins22simmietwins22 Posts: 24 Member
    I started my 100 baby challenge about a week and a half ago. I honestly am having a lot of fun with it. It's making my gameplay a lot more interesting. You can follow my founder, Isla Pearson's journey on Tumblr! Search for dreamersymphony
  • Options
    @SimAlexandria Awe, sorry Alexandria passed away, but at least she got one great last Thanksgiving with her kids. :)

A bit of an update about my 1st matriarch, Candice. I decided to stick with her. I just couldn't bring myself to abandon her turn as mom. So she's currently pregnant with J Huntington III's kids (which has a bit of backstory to it, as J and I are not on good speaking terms). Wolfgang's daughter just aged to toddler. Justin Delgato's daughters aged to YA and created Sim, Connor Rushing's twin daughters recently aged to children. We are a house of women, not a single male in the whole house. I'm fine with this sudden influx of females, as long as it doesn't go the opposite way and give me nothing but boys near the end of Candice's turn and we get stuck with no Heir.

But, Candice did get a makeover and a new name. I gave her clothing style more appropriate to her adult age, she grew her hair out. She did toy with the idea of dying her hair, but in the end, I can't imagine her being anything but blonde, and I was tired of seeing "Candice St. Claire" everywhere, so she is now Shanna Keith (though she will likely always be Candice to me, tbh).
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    @SimAlexandria Awe, sorry Alexandria passed away, but at least she got one great last Thanksgiving with her kids. :)

A bit of an update about my 1st matriarch, Candice. I decided to stick with her. I just couldn't bring myself to abandon her turn as mom. So she's currently pregnant with J Huntington III's kids (which has a bit of backstory to it, as J and I are not on good speaking terms). Wolfgang's daughter just aged to toddler. Justin Delgato's daughters aged to YA and created Sim, Connor Rushing's twin daughters recently aged to children. We are a house of women, not a single male in the whole house. I'm fine with this sudden influx of females, as long as it doesn't go the opposite way and give me nothing but boys near the end of Candice's turn and we get stuck with no Heir.

But, Candice did get a makeover and a new name. I gave her clothing style more appropriate to her adult age, she grew her hair out. She did toy with the idea of dying her hair, but in the end, I can't imagine her being anything but blonde, and I was tired of seeing "Candice St. Claire" everywhere, so she is now Shanna Keith (though she will likely always be Candice to me, tbh).

You'll be fine since Candice has already had girls... Even if all the rest of the births were boys you just take the youngest girl that she had and move her back into the house if you need to. Or just don't move her out until you have another girl, but yeah she's already had girls so you're fine. The problem would be if your next Heir only had boys. I gave my Sims makeovers as far as hairstyles and clothing, but I haven't changed their actual looks or hair color. Except for Abby, when she became a teen oh, I kept her Mane Hair Color the same but I let her choose one of those hairstyles that has cool purple and green streaks in it. I just thought it suited her. The clothing options that some of them come up with on their own definitely needed to be changed so haha! Otherwise my kids are going to be heading to school in their underwear haha! Or wearing prescription glasses only to bed when they don't need them in the day.
  • Options
    @ChelleJo I finally got around to watching some of your 100 baby challenge on Twitch. The site looks cool :-) I absolutely love what you did with the little unicorn nursery for the babies. And I have to say I laughed when you said to the toddlers that they don't have to meet their new siblings LOL! I haven't quite finished the episode, but I'm near the end and I'm going to finish watching it and then hopefully later today or tomorrow I will be getting up with the third part in my on on YouTube to :-) I'm trying to be more dedicated about updating them haha!. Now that Alexandria has passed away I might force myself to catch up with uploading to YouTube before I continue on LOL! Or at least before Lucy starts having children of her own haha.
  • Options
    Question ... when a Sim ages up does their aspiration have to be random? I've noticed on YouTube A lot of people do this, and I've always been doing it as random. But now that I know we're allowed to change their aspirations I wonder if there's a point to make it random in the first place and when I double check the rules all it says is that traits have to be random. So are we allowed to choose their aspiration in the first place and then just randomize the trait? It almost seems like we could?
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    @ChelleJo I finally got around to watching some of your 100 baby challenge on Twitch. The site looks cool :-) I absolutely love what you did with the little unicorn nursery for the babies. And I have to say I laughed when you said to the toddlers that they don't have to meet their new siblings LOL! I haven't quite finished the episode, but I'm near the end and I'm going to finish watching it and then hopefully later today or tomorrow I will be getting up with the third part in my on on YouTube to :-) I'm trying to be more dedicated about updating them haha!. Now that Alexandria has passed away I might force myself to catch up with uploading to YouTube before I continue on LOL! Or at least before Lucy starts having children of her own haha.

I love Twitch. I was gonna go live with a bit more Wonderchild and then some more 100 babies today, but hubby has been downloading a game and we have not great internet and it can't handle both. :D Thanks for watching though! :) I'll check yours out when this game of his gets done (if the dang thing ever does :s ).

Question ... when a Sim ages up does their aspiration have to be random? I've noticed on YouTube A lot of people do this, and I've always been doing it as random. But now that I know we're allowed to change their aspirations I wonder if there's a point to make it random in the first place and when I double check the rules all it says is that traits have to be random. So are we allowed to choose their aspiration in the first place and then just randomize the trait? It almost seems like we could?

I really don't think so. Though, to be honest, I've never really looked that up. I just always random mine cause I likely won't work on them for my kids as I'm just trying to get them out of the house. I'd say, yeah, you can pick the aspiration, if you have double checked the rules and it doesn't out-right say, "Hey, random the aspirations". I know the rules have been condensed down, but I think that would have made it, if it was important.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    jella12jella12 Posts: 8 New Member
    I'm doing the the 100 baby challenge. I know I cant leave whit babies in the house. What can I do?
  • Options
    jella12 wrote: »
    I'm doing the the 100 baby challenge. I know I cant leave whit babies in the house. What can I do?

This version of the rules, you can leave the house.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    gladlypantsgladlypants Posts: 122 Member

I random my aspirations and usually stick with what it gives me as long as it's not something ridiculous like Super Parent or Vampire or whatever.... I usually try to do one tier at least for each kid and teen, so I'll do some of the milestones in between homework and working on traits. If you are lucky enough to get traits and aspirations that are related (or just change the aspirations) it's not too hard to do. Breaks up the grind a bit anyway for me. Then when I random them again at young adult I'll decide then if I want to change their aspirations. Usually I don't. I upload all of my children to my gallery at YA though and like to give them something of a short bio or story based off anything memorable behaviors etc throughout their lives or just aligned with their traits and/or asp. Just something I enjoy doing :)
    TB88pBc.png
    Gallery ID: gladlypants
    favorite gallery hashtag: #redditexchange
    gladlypants.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Thanks :-) and rereading the rules a few times it looks like we can pick the aspiration. It definitely doesn't say that it has to be random, it just says that the traits do. And since we can change aspirations and work on different ones, it doesn't seem to be any point in randomizing them. I'll probably do it some each way haha!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top