Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How attached to your sims are you?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    I finally let my first made sim in Sims 4 go. I don't get to play much and there have been long pause when I didn't play. Any way she had also drank the life potion a few times as well. I though her and her hubby and their best friend (whose wife died earlier) went to Strangerville. I thought that all their skills would be useful. Iris Pharaoh, dies the second day they moved there. I have her hubby take her grave back to their old home occupied by their youngest son and family. Then I discovered if you check the calendar when on your elder - the calendar doesn't have the holidays for more than 2 weeks. I figure both Mathew and Oliver are going soon. I have them invite the 2nd youngest shared grandchild to move in. Good thing because Mathew dies just after Anom moves in. So far Oliver is still alive.
    Anom's story should be interesting. This poor young adult was abducted on his birthday and of course came back pregnant.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    50% percent. It would defenitely be 100% if we had better personalities. I sound like a broken record. :smiley:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    very attach to the point that i fully turn off aging
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    KellyWhovianKellyWhovian Posts: 177 Member
    No. I tend to do large families or challenges so there's too many sims for me to get attached. I'd love to do a proper, long life with one sim and see how attached I get :)
    ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.simsnetwork.com%2Fsites%2Fsimsnetwork.com%2Ffiles%2Fnews%2F2011%2F20111008-pets-anim-3.gif&f=1
    Origin ID: kellywhovian

• Options
    PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    I kill them off and let them age because I like to progress stories, but I definitely get attached.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    If I've been playing a Sim for a long time, when they hit Elder I move them out to a smaller home and leave them unplayed because I can't bear to witness their death.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Pretty attached. I play with aging off but have had a couple of sims die unexpectedly. It was quite the blow but opened up more gameplay for me so I wasn't too upset in the end.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    kathdelinekathdeline Posts: 38 Member
    I don’t get attached to many sims, but if I really like my sim I just turn them into a vampire so they stop aging lol
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I get attached to my important sims.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited March 2019
    If I'm being honest I really don't get attached to them. In TS2 I did but since then not really so much.

ETA:
    There is one exception. In every save file I make sure to always have my old dog Miss Luna Tick alive. I keep adding her.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I make sims that i get attached to vampires, i wont completely turn off aging for everyone, it also creates a story for my sim by becoming one.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    I think I'm pretty attached to my little computer people.
  • Options
    Hecate90Hecate90 Posts: 53 Member
    I always play with the intention of letting my Sims get to old age however I get so attached to many of my families that I end up using the aging off cheat.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    In ts2 and ts3 I used to be really attached to my sims. I rarely let them die... although death by meteor was pretty 🐸🐸🐸🐸 awesome.

In ts4, I very much enjoy murdering everybody.
  • Options
    CogshellCogshell Posts: 164 Member
    I'm very attached to my sims but I'm fine when it comes to letting them go. I'll admit it's sad but hey, that's the sim life! It's very rare that I give them Potion of Youths or pause their aging.
    ZnG1wMG.png
  • Options
    CellardwellerCellardweller Posts: 92 Member
    In previous versions of the Sims I did get attached because they had more personality, more depth. In Sims 4 everything's pretty but something's lacking & I can't get the same level of almost addictive game play that I used to enjoy.

I usually play with full autonomy and most of my Sims are just plain dumb. I still mostly need to tell them to clean up, pee, eat, etc. It seemed like the older versions learned after a while & it was fun to see what they got up to on their own.

Anyway, I digress. To tell the truth, I don't get very attached except to the pets. Just like real pets, they're sweet, cute, innocent creatures and I do get a bit choked up when they pass. The humans, not so much. Usually I only extend their lives if they haven't reached the achievements.

I'm rather bored with all of my families and am debating an Extinction Level Event (i.e. deleting the whole lot) and starting over. I have tons of different families and this ADD has resulted in a world of Sims I barely know. Maybe if I just stuck to one or two families, it would be better.
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited March 2019
    A lot. I can never kill my sims because I get too attached to them. Once I created a family with a father, who was supposed to be a widower, and his children, but I also created the mother so I could kill her in-game so she would show up in the family tree, but when I got to Live mode I got attached to them all and couldn't kill her anymore. I also play with aging off, because I don't want my sims to age and die.
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    @lexus20 I've done the same thing where I create a family with the intention of killing off one of the sims for the purpose of the story, but then I fall in love with them and can't bear to let the story play out the way I planned. <3
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.