Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How attached to your sims are you?

Hey all,

I've just had a sim die from old age and legitimately started tearing up as they were one of my favourite sims in my current family legacy play-through, which got me curious as to how other simmers react.

How attached are you to your sims, do you get emotional at events like sim funerals or weddings etc, or am I just a complete softie? :D
ĆØΜ€ ŦØ ŦĦ€ ĆŘΔŦ€Ř - ΜØŦĦ€Ř ĆΔŁŁŞ ¥ØỮ ĦØΜ€

Comments

• AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I get very attached!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    Yes, so attached like glue.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    very. i have no desire to kill them off or even cause them bodily harm.
  • KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    attached sims I keep.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I use no aging now because I get attached even to non active houses lol, the first time I discovered the Vatore family was one of my faves I had an erratic sim and they went out of their way to hang out with her and dodged her moods without trouble or anger and when Caleb was over, which was often, he'd follow her brushing her teeth to keep her talking, when she died I cried with them, they were inconsolable and made a soft spot for me, now I don't let mine die if I can help it lol
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    I play with aging off & I get very attached to my sims!
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • MilwayLangMilwayLang Posts: 180 Member
    It depends on which sims I'm playing. Some of them are made for story matter, so I think half of my sims are... dead...
    Man, I'm the evil one :/
    Hello, my name is Soop Kreem. You can check my Adams' Family Tree

yh.jpg
  • Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    I don’t get too attached anymore, when I first started and my sims would die of old age I would shed a tear or two. Now I just move on.
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I'm on gen 15. Still lol. So I've seen a lot of my sims die.
    I don't get emotional but if I've played some sims for a good few months then I feel a little void once they die. But I'm also relieved. I don't like the part in my games where the elders are still alive from the last generation but I wanna start actively playing the new one. So it's nice once I get to do it.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Very. To the point that many become vampires just to make them immortal.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Yes and no. I have a hard time playing sims I'm not attached to, but I don't get so attached that I play with aging off, turn into vampires or otherwise can't see them die by old age. Accidents bum me out, but I usually let such things progress. Though I have occasionally quit without saving lol.
  • MuggyQuasarMuggyQuasar Posts: 169 Member
    I do get attached but I'm playing a legacy challenge so force myself to move on pretty fast. I always fall in love with my next generation for different reasons, and my game would start to stagnate if they didn't die. When I'm not playing my Legacy save I tend to have ageing off and do ageing up manually, but I will still eventually let the old Sims go. It's the circle of life!
    lgYUYx0.jpg
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I had one couple I adored - I was rather upset when one died of over-exertion (from woo-hoo) - but mostly, I'm ready for them to move on. By the time they get to Elder, they've maxed out all their skills and just don't have much to do. (They need hobbies!)

I feel differently about pets - that's why I skipped Cats and Dogs this time around. I don't even like the idea of virtual cats dying, and I worried about them so much that I couldn't enjoy the game when I had pets with previous Sims. (But then, I do like cats more than I like people.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • AnnabelleAnnabelle Posts: 248 Member
    Way too attached! Many times I’ve tried to create a new Sim or family, only to find I’ve almost made them a duplicate of the previous. 😂
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I'm very attached. They're basically my babies. :D
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I am playing the same sims since the base game.
    That's partially because of not having University though, because I don't want to play generations of sims without Uni.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    Very. I tend to play Sims I create myself. Plus, I began to play my Ancestors in Sims4. This idea was sparked by a contest held once the Sims4 CAS Demo was released. I'm already writing a book about my Sixth Great-Grandparents' lives in the 18th century colonial America, during the French and Indian War, Pontiac's War, plus the American Revolutionary War. What a time to live! Playing them in the game has its limitations, but I started this game save out with the notion I'd play his second wife, too, but there is no way I can allow Sarah Jane to die again. Killed me to write that part of the novel. Blubbering all the way through it, even when I had to go back over it for edits. It's totally unfair that she died so young, after helping her husband to become the man he was. She didn't get to reap much of his success, sadly. He ultimately gained a lot of fame, especially for his part in the Battle of Kings Mountain, which catapulted him into political life. He ended up being the very FIRST Governor of Tennessee. Second wife got the honors of being the very first First Lady. :'( Oh, well, life is never fair.

Generally, when I lose a very special Sim, I have a tendency to start them all over again, anew. Can't let go. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    It depends on the sim, sometimes I'll save sims and their homes as they are to my library when I want to do something else but don't want to get rid of them. Some sims I remember main points of their lives and why I kept them otherwise I have a lot of throwaway sims so I don't have to worry about issues with patches if I can avoid it I always protect those that are important.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • nightowl1nightowl1 Posts: 89 Member
    I love my sims, but sometimes they just need to move on. My main concern is overpopulating the town with sims from the same family! Can you just imagine how weird that would be? Keeping your sims alive, making them have tons of babies, those babies then grow up and have babies, right up until everyone in each world you own share the same family tree! And then that's it, you have no choice but to start evicting everyone until you have space for new townies again.

I really should stop thinking about this before it hurts my head.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I'm so attached to the Sims I make. I play with aging on but I try to use Whims to earn points so I can buy the Potion of Youth. At the same time though for me the story has to go on so once I feel play with where they are at in the "story" I let them age. Case in point I'm just now starting to age my Sims families from childhood to teenagers. I feel once they age up to Young Adult their parents will become Adults/Elders respectively.

Pets though oh man it's so hard to let them age at all past adult. But one day I'll be strong enough to let them go.

Townies - I can delete them with a second thought unless I add them to my families lol.
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    edited February 2019
    If my sims have interesting traits/lifestyle, I keep giving them potions of youth. It's better then letting them die and repeat the cycle with new sims who are same as them. And if number of their children is larger from my maximum, I reduce it.
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    My Original sim founder of one of my rotations, her and her hubby have had a few too many sims of the Potion of Youth. They are great grandparents now and it is time to move on. If they don't pass naturally soon, I will move them and their good friend to the new Strangerville to find out the mystery. Their skills are either maxed or close, that will help with the mystery for sure.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    I get attached to the Sims that I've put effort into. For example, a Legacy founder and all their heirs I get pretty attached to because I've put so much work into them succeeding. I don't really care about spouses too much, but when they do die I get a little bummed if they had a large role in bringing up the children. I also don't get too attached to siblings of the current heir, if there are any. Especially when their personality traits are less than favorable lol.
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Very, still playing with the first sim I made. I have about 11 or sims that are my favs but usually I place those in the world so they can be my number 1 sims friends.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    I’m such a mom when it comes to my sims. :lol: I take SO many screenshots and have actually teared up when they’re sad, felt anger when they’re angry, “shipped” their relationships to their significant other. It’s pretty amazing that little pixel people can make a person feel so much. :smiley:

I’ve found that creating backstories and personalities for them has really helped to establish a bond. Before I started putting thought into my sims, I never got too attached. Now, it’s like I can’t let go of them. I’ll transfer them between saves to exist in an alternate universe or start over just to relive their lives, maybe with some minor tweaks here and there to spice things up.