Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• Options
    mn84evrmn84evr Posts: 12 New Member
    Also... someone mentioned that you have to go to the hospital to have your babies if you want a birth certificate. I clicked go to hospital... but then my sim just came back with a baby.. i didn't actually go to the hospital with the doctor and that weird birthing machine. Is that something that i'd have to buy?
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    mn84evr wrote: »
    Also... someone mentioned that you have to go to the hospital to have your babies if you want a birth certificate. I clicked go to hospital... but then my sim just came back with a baby.. i didn't actually go to the hospital with the doctor and that weird birthing machine. Is that something that i'd have to buy?

It comes with the Get to Work expansion. If you have Get to work then you choose whether to follow your sim to the hospital or send her alone.
  • Options
    I literally just restarted this challenge. I had trouble getting donors before... and people in my town kept dying. Do new families move in as time goes on? There were a serious lack of males who weren't already married :(

Just saw this question too. Yes the town repopulates, but you can also create men or upload them from the gallery and move them in.
  • Options
    Update:
    Alexandria has officially become an elder so we are waiting for toddler Lucy to grow up and replace her as heir. Since no one can get pregnant til Lucy is a young adult, we are just keeping the older kids in the house to help earn money etc until we need them gone.
    Our first generation ended up VERY even. 6 boys, 6 girls. 4 single babies, 4 sets of twins. two sets of boy/boy twins, two sets girl/girl, 2 boy single babies, two girl single babies.

Alexandria sadly spent most of her adult life mourning because every guy she ever met, whether he became a baby daddy or not, died shortly after meeting her for some reason. Really odd.
    24zzna0.jpg
    Not one of our 12 kids has a living father now.

To celebrate the end of generation one we had a big birthday party for her inviting all the kids. We hired a caterer and he burnt down the kitchen, so now we have no stove and can't afford a new one yet.
    6sqvxu.jpg
    2ztcz1g.jpg
    This is the 2nd time we've burnt down the house in this challenge. This was our brand new house too lol! Only the kitchen was destroyed though.

Alexandria painted a picture of each of her 12 children. Clearly we cant fit all 100 future kids onto our walls, but it's nice to keep the first generation up I think. From oldest to youngest (left to right): Abby, Brandon, Carlos, Dylan, Emily, Felix, George, Heidi, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Katie & Lucy. (The twins are Brandon/Carlos, Dylan/Emily, Felix/George, and Katie/Lucy)
    2yya8v8.jpg
  • Options
    gladlypantsgladlypants Posts: 122 Member
    edited March 2019
    Oh man, how inconvenient, @SimAlexandria -- I had twins whose father died when they were toddlers and they were the absolute worst toddler from then on out. Was SO ready to age them up haha.

Here's a little of what I've been up to in Strangerville ;)

Df0K1bS.jpg

Making a baby in the bushes with that adorable red-haided conspiracy theorist from the official trailer. I've been taking it really slow since officially starting my second matriarch. I figured since my first one had 14 babies, thanks to Ley Line lot trait, I could afford to slow down a bit and work on the new pack content. She (Farrah) had two children while working on the Strangerville storyline,--one by a childhood friend, and one from a military guy she picked up at the new saloon--and just those two kiddos were hard enough to manage with all the "questing." Now that she's completed it, it's back to the grind for her (tehe?) My goal is to have a baby with one of each new type of townie -- military, conspiracy theorist, secret agent. Now I should only have secret agent left, then she can procreate as she sees fit.

JXf94Fb.jpg

Spooky Day at our new Strangerville home. Poor Farrah in her fairy costume, hehe.

I love how Strangerville really feels like a small sort of town and the residential area up in the hills is absolutely beautiful. I will say, not missing the Ley Line Lot trait right now. I never again want to be in a household with six toddlers at once, lol.

p.s. I upload all my offspring once they age up to young adult (plus a lot of other descendants of townie families I've made) in my gallery if anyone is every interested to kind of follow along. My first matriarch, now a "retired" Vampire is here. My current matriarch is here.
    TB88pBc.png
    Gallery ID: gladlypants
    favorite gallery hashtag: #redditexchange
    gladlypants.tumblr.com
  • Options
    DragonsDaughter9DragonsDaughter9 Posts: 20 Member
    @SimAlexandria It sounds like having a kid with your matriarch was too much for all of them! You must have an unintentional black widow on your hands.

@gladlypants Six toddlers!? You poor thing. I had four at one point and barely made it. I've never had triplets, but it sounds like you had two sets back to back. Even with the leyline, the odds can't be that high.

I currently have 6 young adults (Rhaella, Cersei, Renly, Tommen, Oberyn, and Ygritte) and only 3 at home. The mom has the perks where she doesn't need to sleep and barely needs to pee, which is amazing now that she's always pregnant. All three at home right now are girls: an absolutely gorgeous teen named Ashara, a kid named Shireen, and a toddler named Margaery. My matriarch's stomach is scaring me a bit, but I'm excited to hit double digits once she gives birth.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    @DragonsDaughter9 -it was a single birth immediately followed by triplets then immediately followed by twins. Their toddlerhood overlapped only a day or two. Every birth after I selected the Ley Line trait (after the first baby) was a multiple unless there were already 7 in the household. It was insane. I was ready to slow down on this matriarch haha.

And I love all your children's names, and that you even chose some of the lesser known characters :)
    TB88pBc.png
    gladlypants.tumblr.com
  • Options
    FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member

As @SimAlexandria mentioned, the birth certificate came with Get to Work. To get the certificate, you'll have to join your sim at the hospital.
  • Options
    Hyunwoo_ssiHyunwoo_ssi Posts: 39 Member
    So, I think my game is glicthing but she just gave birth to twin girls and still looks pregnant I am dying here XD
    d99cbaceab423035c473b8b806bbd1af.jpg
    7a0f2c2cb0c019dac7b944eb17c7eea6.jpg
    monbebe8819 is my sims id.
  • Options
    Maaike2000Maaike2000 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi there, I just started doing the 100 baby challenge and I was having some trouble with the aging stuff, because if you turn the aging on, don't the toddlers just age up into kids beflre you have the chance to get all their skills up?
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Maaike2000 wrote: »
    Hi there, I just started doing the 100 baby challenge and I was having some trouble with the aging stuff, because if you turn the aging on, don't the toddlers just age up into kids beflre you have the chance to get all their skills up?

@Maaike2000 The skills are just so you can age up early. Aging is to be on, in normal lifespan. If your toddlers, children, or teens reach their birthday before you have completed the skills or grade requirements for "age up" that is fine. The skills, grade A and character value trait (if you have parenthood installed) is ONLY so you can age up early. If a birthday is reached, children of all ages may age up as normal (After you have received the birthday notification, not the notification saying their birthday is soon).
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    A toddler inheriting Steel Bladder trait is the best gift ever given me by the Sims gods lol. <3 Such a fun feature! You guys have any favorites/stories for inherited traits? (Which I didn't even realize were a thing until I started this challenge, btw!)
    TB88pBc.png
    gladlypants.tumblr.com
  • Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,144 Member
    edited March 2019
    It´s so much fun to read this thread and see all these photos.

@SimAlexandria oh my goodness, those fires makes the game even more challenging. The pictures your Matriarch painted look great, that´s nice way to remember all born babies.

@gladlypants I love that idea you are doing in Strangerville, very interesting and Farrah looks nice in the fairy outfit.

@Hyunwoo_ssi Yes that´s one huge belly she got there :D

I have not had time to play much but this is what my progress looks like now.

40288850253_797bd7b17e_b.jpg

The third donor is an alien, quite handsome by the looks and now Cindy my Matriarch has learned not to get too attached to the donors, even tough she still misses the first Vampire she met.

40288850223_a68ebd23ff_b.jpg

Love day things. She served some Wine, doughnuts and baked a high quality honey cake.

40288850183_4349b52536_b.jpg

Babies number 3 & 4 aged up. Alicia is Cheerful and Ben became Self-Assured. It looks like Ben is growing up to a very cute boy with Matriarch features on him and Alicia is a interesting mix between her and Vlad.

47201788522_a0f1d52547_b.jpg

Adam is being his usual helpful angel growing his character to the most sweetest person ever.

47201788432_329cc401e1_b.jpg

The 3rd set of babies were born! And they are super cute alien hybrids called Pluto and Venus. Boy and a Girl.

40288850103_a7b9147847_b.jpg

40288850303_dcac51c195_z.jpg

family is quite big now and running the household requires a lot of work. Matriarch is still very poor and struggling with getting enough money so for the time being, this really actually feels like a good challenge to me.

You can read the whole story here: https://babysprakle.home.blog/
  • Options
    @Jadeleine thank you! Your screenshots are so cute, and I love your pink kitchen. I didn't realize the vampire cribs were so detailed, I need to start using them!

I had a child catch on fire from an Incense today. I didn't even know that was possible lol. She was sitting right next to it on the activity table for the Inspired buff. @SimAlexandria
    TB88pBc.png
    gladlypants.tumblr.com
  • Options
    @gladlypants I think the inherited trait thing is a mod, yes? One of my child sims inherited the fertility trait. LOL I also had an incense cause a fire.. but it didn't catch my child on fire.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Fizzstix wrote: »
    @gladlypants I think the inherited trait thing is a mod, yes? One of my child sims inherited the fertility trait. LOL I also had an incense cause a fire.. but it didn't catch my child on fire.

Oh hmm, is it? The only mod I use is MC Command Center and some small quality of life mods that deal with things like urns and annoying autonomous behaviors.

I remember looking it up to see how the inheritance works, read up on it a bit and the mod was never mentioned, but I'll look again. I understood that MC has townie offspring inherit personality traits, not the bought ones but I might have misunderstood.

Edit: ok yeah, that appears to be an MCCC thing. So weird, not sure where I read about it initially that suggested it was just a part of the game. I feel dumb now haha. That mod, so complicated.....
    TB88pBc.png
    gladlypants.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Fizzstix wrote: »

Oh hmm, is it? The only mod I use is MC Command Center and some small quality of life mods that deal with things like urns and annoying autonomous behaviors.

I remember looking it up to see how the inheritance works, read up on it a bit and the mod was never mentioned, but I'll look again. I understood that MC has townie offspring inherit personality traits, not the bought ones but I might have misunderstood.

Edit: ok yeah, that appears to be an MCCC thing. So weird, not sure where I read about it initially that suggested it was just a part of the game. I feel dumb now haha. That mod, so complicated.....

Hehe.. No worries. MCCC is a complicated mod. If you mess with the setting too much, things can go bonkers. LOL
  • Options
    @Fizzstix -- it took me over a week to get the population settings exactly where I was comfortable with it. I like to chose some of the matchmaking myself, things like that. I've added some of the subcategory ones back in now and am playing with those. (clubs, employment, etc)
    TB88pBc.png
    gladlypants.tumblr.com
  • Options
    CaspeiaCaspeia Posts: 25 Member
    After a while of not playing I went back on my family and had another baby. 3 toddlers went to daycare when mum was in hospital, only 2 came back! I went straight off without saving,loaded the game back up and my sim was still missing! I've decided to restart challenge as I think that save must be glitched somehow! very disappointed
  • Options
    @Fizzstix -- it took me over a week to get the population settings exactly where I was comfortable with it. I like to chose some of the matchmaking myself, things like that. I've added some of the subcategory ones back in now and am playing with those. (clubs, employment, etc)

I hear ya.. I still haven't quite figured out how to use the dresser to it's full potential. LOL
  • Options
    nikeathenanikeathena Posts: 5 New Member
    I started with an alien family and got to nearly 60 before freaking out and realizing it went against the original spirit of the challenge, so I started a new challenge with a pure human, added a ton of donors, and now I'm up to 35.

Because I'm terrible at math, I downloaded the 100 baby aspiration mod, which reeeeeally helps.

If anyone wants a reccomendation (and has the appropriate packs), I suggest moving into a lot with the Ley Line characteristic. Child's Play and Good Schools also really help because they help your kids learn faster and thus grow up to make more room more quickly. ALSO, try to get your Matriarch sim as many satisfaction points as possible, because then you can get the Fertile trait, which helps get you pregnant with multiples. The Ley Line lot trait will almost always guarentee you multiple births. Make sure you get your kids to do homework ASAP, it actually really helps their grades, and to get it done quicker, you can get the Matriarch, or even older kids, to help.

Oh, and to make money, I suggest painting- while you're pregnant, or the kids are sleeping, you can really crank out quite a few paintings. Also gardening.
  • Options
    nikeathenanikeathena Posts: 5 New Member
    <blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/kTSl3U7"><a href="//imgur.com/kTSl3U7"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Here's my 14 so far- once you get your kids as Young Adults and moved out, you can get them to start producing kids, which ups your child count. I really can't recommend the 100 baby challenge aspiration enough, it really saved my bacon.
  • Options
    brandnewquietbrandnewquiet Posts: 23 Member
    How have you all been getting your random traits assigned to your children in the challenge? I've been using createrandomsims but I'm getting frustrated because there seems to be certain traits that pop up way more frequently. I have several cat loving and dog loving children. Before using that I tried just having my phone pick a random number, but that got really tedious because it seemed the number of traits was not always the same and I had to count them every time.
    Any tips?
  • Options
    nikeathena wrote: »
    I started with an alien family and got to nearly 60 before freaking out and realizing it went against the original spirit of the challenge, so I started a new challenge with a pure human, added a ton of donors, and now I'm up to 35.

Because I'm terrible at math, I downloaded the 100 baby aspiration mod, which reeeeeally helps.

If anyone wants a reccomendation (and has the appropriate packs), I suggest moving into a lot with the Ley Line characteristic. Child's Play and Good Schools also really help because they help your kids learn faster and thus grow up to make more room more quickly. ALSO, try to get your Matriarch sim as many satisfaction points as possible, because then you can get the Fertile trait, which helps get you pregnant with multiples. The Ley Line lot trait will almost always guarentee you multiple births. Make sure you get your kids to do homework ASAP, it actually really helps their grades, and to get it done quicker, you can get the Matriarch, or even older kids, to help.

Oh, and to make money, I suggest painting- while you're pregnant, or the kids are sleeping, you can really crank out quite a few paintings. Also gardening.

I stopped getting my kids to do homework haha! We were doing it, but then we didn't have time to fulfill their they need so they were always starving and stinky and tense. I finally realized that I haven't had a single child age up early anyways so the homework wasn't helping us get to A's because of the state of the kids needs. So we could with homework and suddenly we had lots of time to get their needs up. A few of them will do homework once in awhile if their needs are full, but usually I don't worry about it. They age up on their birthdays but not early, however they were doing this exact same thing even when I was doing homework. I didn't have any age up before their birthday. Now they are just happier haha!
  • Options
    How have you all been getting your random traits assigned to your children in the challenge? I've been using createrandomsims but I'm getting frustrated because there seems to be certain traits that pop up way more frequently. I have several cat loving and dog loving children. Before using that I tried just having my phone pick a random number, but that got really tedious because it seemed the number of traits was not always the same and I had to count them every time.
    Any tips?

For random traits I just use a random number generator on my phone and count, either that or I roll a dice. But yeah I do have to count on each time, but it doesn't really bother me. I don't count through like the four pages of them. I pick a random number between 1 and 4 to choose the page and then I just count the between 5 to 12 to pick another random number for how many are on that page.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top