Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Hi All! Would we assume a baby between a female human sim and a male alien is always a hybrid? It seems that way from the threads. Can I still claim the x2 alien/hybrid incentive even though my hybrid can't change into a human disguise?
    I have 3 (I believe) hybrid children. They all have hair but have alien skin tone. I haven't seen any option to put them in disguise.

My knowledge is limited on the incentives. I'd say they probably would be hybrid, but I have no idea if you could claim that on, as I don't use those "extra child" incentives. I want to have 100 babies, not 79 with several other occults. To me, a baby is a baby, regardless of it's occult and my goal is to have 100 babies.

Hopefully someone who's more familiar with that can help.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • brandnewquietbrandnewquiet Posts: 23 Member
    > @ChelleJo said:
    > brandnewquiet wrote: »
    >
    > Hi All! Would we assume a baby between a female human sim and a male alien is always a hybrid? It seems that way from the threads. Can I still claim the x2 alien/hybrid incentive even though my hybrid can't change into a human disguise?
    > I have 3 (I believe) hybrid children. They all have hair but have alien skin tone. I haven't seen any option to put them in disguise.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > My knowledge is limited on the incentives. I'd say they probably would be hybrid, but I have no idea if you could claim that on, as I don't use those "extra child" incentives. I want to have 100 babies, not 79 with several other occults. To me, a baby is a baby, regardless of it's occult and my goal is to have 100 babies.
    >
    > Hopefully someone who's more familiar with that can help.

I'm been back and forth on that same idea too, that I want to actually have 100 babies. Especially since with "alien night" at the bar, meeting aliens isn't all that more challenging, IMO. I have them counted as singles for now but just in case I change my mind... haha!
    > @ChelleJo said:
    > Fizzstix wrote: »
    >
    > Oh boy @Jadeleine good thing she is pregnant.. because if you aren't careful and your sim become hysterical, they can die from that emotion.
    >
    > @SimAlexandria the character value trait are the 5 traits listed in the simology panel. They are manners, responsibility, conflict resolution, empathy and emotional control. I assume the rule is that it needs to be all the way good, or maybe all the way bad.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The character value traits are suppose to be all the way good. The goal of the challenge is to raise children well, so the traits need to be good. I'm just happy it's only one trait requirement. I just maxed all 5 good traits in my legacy save and that was not easy. It came down to the wire, on his birthday before I got it done.
    >
    > ETA: A good tip, responsibility is very easy to raise. Just have your sim kids always do homework and work on their school projects and you should have the trait easy before they get an A as a teen.

The rules (at least those I've read, I'm too new to post links, sorry) say "trait range" which should mean good or bad IMO. You can, for example, get the responsible trait (positive range) or irresponsible trait (negative range).

I agree with ChelleJo though, responsibility has been the easiest one for me to focus on to and I don't see the point in raising children with bad traits on purpose. My matriarch may have left a trail of broken hearts in her wake, but that doesn't mean she's a bad mama lol. The suggestions ChelleJo had are what I do too, make sure they do their homework (and extra credit if the option is available) and buy them school projects to work on under skills in the kids section. I noticed having them help with cleaning (kids can mop floors and clean dishes- teens can do repairs) this helps too. I usually have my teens help with the babies/toddlers as well, which seems to get this trait up as well.
    > @ChelleJo said:
    > Fizzstix wrote: »
    >
    > Oh boy @Jadeleine good thing she is pregnant.. because if you aren't careful and your sim become hysterical, they can die from that emotion.
    >
    > @SimAlexandria the character value trait are the 5 traits listed in the simology panel. They are manners, responsibility, conflict resolution, empathy and emotional control. I assume the rule is that it needs to be all the way good, or maybe all the way bad.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The character value traits are suppose to be all the way good. The goal of the challenge is to raise children well, so the traits need to be good. I'm just happy it's only one trait requirement. I just maxed all 5 good traits in my legacy save and that was not easy. It came down to the wire, on his birthday before I got it done.
    >
    > ETA: A good tip, responsibility is very easy to raise. Just have your sim kids always do homework and work on their school projects and you should have the trait easy before they get an A as a teen.

The rules (at least those I've read, I'm too new to post links, sorry) say "trait range" which should mean good or bad IMO. You can, for example, get the responsible trait (positive range) or irresponsible trait (negative range).

I agree with ChelleJo though, responsibility has been the easiest one for me to focus on to and I don't see the point in raising children with bad traits on purpose. My matriarch may have left a trail of broken hearts in her wake, but that doesn't mean she's a bad mama lol. The suggestions ChelleJo had are what I do too, make sure they do their homework (and extra credit if the option is available) and buy them school projects to work on under skills in the kids section. I noticed having them help with cleaning (kids can mop floors and clean dishes- teens can do repairs) this helps too. I usually have my teens help with the babies/toddlers as well, which seems to get this trait up as well.
    I've always understood the point of the challenge to be to raise children "well", hence why we have to raise skills to age up early, why we have to get an A in school to age up early. I've always taken that to mean that the trait must be in the positive. The creator would have to clarify, if they would, but as far as the concept of the challenge and the reasons, I imagine, behind the goals to age up, I took it to be character trait in range means a good trait.

Of course, all of this could be up to interpretation, and if it's not clear in the rules, I imagine it's for each person to decide how they see the rules, how they want to play, or what they feel adds the most to their game. I'm not the creator of this challenge set of rules, but, in my opinion, the number one rule to all challenges should be "Do what makes the game fun for you". (I just happen to have fun following a pretty strict set of rules for my challenge plays :D:D ).

Yep, helping with cleaning does help, too. Getting responsibility in trait range is really easy, it's my general go-to for 100 babies. I'm not sure about helping with siblings, but I do have them do that, too. In my 100 baby challenge, it's a team effort ;)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    One thing that might prove difficult or at the very least, not realistic, would be to try to get a good trait one of the kids if they happen to roll getting any of the negative traits, such as evil, hot headed or lazy. It wouldn't make sense for those sims to be good at achieving positive character traits.
  • MaddyMcMoodyMaddyMcMoody Posts: 105 Member
    Fizzstix wrote: »
    One thing that might prove difficult or at the very least, not realistic, would be to try to get a good trait one of the kids if they happen to roll getting any of the negative traits, such as evil, hot headed or lazy. It wouldn't make sense for those sims to be good at achieving positive character traits.

it depends on the trait, really. Case in point for me was when my matriarch only needed a child to get 3 good character traits to finish her second lifetime aspiration, and I had focused all my attention on little Deborah to get her in the trait range. But alas, once I aged her up to a teen, the random trait she got was "mean" (which was the opposite of her toddler and child self tbh). My progress on responsibility, manners and empathy was too big so I decided to try and max out on them despite her being mean. Responsibility and manners were quite easy to keep up with the mean trait, empathy not so much. Then I forced her to volunteer four times on one weekend, even all her mean actions couldn't combat that and all was well lol :D
    みんな自称ヒーロー
    嫌気がさすよ日替わり悪役
    CHANMINA
    Have any of you been getting these "Decorative plates" a lot in your family inventory during the challenge? I read elsewhere that it's a gift you can receive when a child ages up. That makes sense, since I just found I have 95 of them. Didn't want to sell them if it's a glitch (I have basinettes reappear after I've sold them all the time, so I just put them in my inventory so as not to "cheat"). Weird that they go in family inventory and not the sim's inventory like the other gifts that come in the mail. hm!
  • goldenwhiskergoldenwhisker Posts: 30 Member
    I've just started the 100 Baby Challenge... and it's going well even though currently a bit hard. I decided to put all the kids' names in alphabetical order so it's easier to keep track. So, I have:

Amber Kelven; the matriarch. Traits are Romantic, Family-Orientated, Cheerful, and Domestic, along with the Reward Trait 'Observant.' Her aspiration is to 'Have a Big, Happy Family.'
    Alycia Kelven; eldest daughter. Currently a child. Her traits are Active along with Happy Toddler, and her aspiration is to be an Art Prodigy.
    Brice Kelven; eldest son. Also a child. His trait is Mean, and doesn't have Happy Toddler because he reached his birthday (I PROMISE I DIDN'T CHEAT!!). His aspiration is Social Butterfly.
    Celia Kelven; second-oldest daughter. A toddler. Her trait is Clingy.
    Deidre Kelven; third-oldest daughter. She's a baby.

Amber isn't currently pregnant, but I'm hoping she will be soon.

Current Money Balance: $5,242

Here are some tips I'm recommending for this challenge:

1) Your matriarch should have a job, probably the most paying. Keep this job until your eldest child or children become teenagers. Then, give them jobs and quit your own. After all, as a mom you need to spend all your time with the many kids while your hard-working eldest children do all the work!
    2) Don't bother with cooking. The only food you'll want to be feeding your children is the Garden Salad. Y'know, so they stay thin and lean.
    3) Also don't bother much with social and imagination with your elementary school children. Focus on motor and mental. Mental so they do well in school, therefore aging up faster, and motor for the same reason as before: leanness.

Unless, of course, you want to have heavier weighted children in which feed them whatever.
    Do well in school, kids
    XGSlGWt.png
    I've just started the 100 Baby Challenge... and it's going well even though currently a bit hard. I decided to put all the kids' names in alphabetical order so it's easier to keep track. So, I have:

Amber Kelven; the matriarch. Traits are Romantic, Family-Orientated, Cheerful, and Domestic, along with the Reward Trait 'Observant.' Her aspiration is to 'Have a Big, Happy Family.'
    Alycia Kelven; eldest daughter. Currently a child. Her traits are Active along with Happy Toddler, and her aspiration is to be an Art Prodigy.
    Brice Kelven; eldest son. Also a child. His trait is Mean, and doesn't have Happy Toddler because he reached his birthday (I PROMISE I DIDN'T CHEAT!!). His aspiration is Social Butterfly.
    Celia Kelven; second-oldest daughter. A toddler. Her trait is Clingy.
    Deidre Kelven; third-oldest daughter. She's a baby.

Amber isn't currently pregnant, but I'm hoping she will be soon.

Current Money Balance: $5,242

Here are some tips I'm recommending for this challenge:

1) Your matriarch should have a job, probably the most paying. Keep this job until your eldest child or children become teenagers. Then, give them jobs and quit your own. After all, as a mom you need to spend all your time with the many kids while your hard-working eldest children do all the work!
    2) Don't bother with cooking. The only food you'll want to be feeding your children is the Garden Salad. Y'know, so they stay thin and lean.
    3) Also don't bother much with social and imagination with your elementary school children. Focus on motor and mental. Mental so they do well in school, therefore aging up faster, and motor for the same reason as before: leanness.

Unless, of course, you want to have heavier weighted children in which feed them whatever.

@goldenwhisker Just to point out here... You're matriarch can't have a rabbit hole type job. You can do the city living ones (I believe it's been said) but no rabbit holes and no Get to Work jobs. And it really is easier to make money without a job.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Have any of you been getting these "Decorative plates" a lot in your family inventory during the challenge? I read elsewhere that it's a gift you can receive when a child ages up. That makes sense, since I just found I have 95 of them. Didn't want to sell them if it's a glitch (I have basinettes reappear after I've sold them all the time, so I just put them in my inventory so as not to "cheat"). Weird that they go in family inventory and not the sim's inventory like the other gifts that come in the mail. hm!

Didn't know where they were coming from but yes I am getting plates too hhaa. I think it's fine to sell them
    Yep can't have a job for the matriarch.. But can work from home painting and writing etc.
    @chellego Thank you! Lol, I realized that when looking through the rules and practically had a heart attack. Thanks.
    Do well in school, kids
    XGSlGWt.png
    @goldenwhisker I am also doing alphabetical but just the first generation. I am letting each matriarch pick a diff theme. 1sr alphabetical, 2nd all place names, 3rd jewels, 4th places etc. (maybe not that order).

I'm on child 8 now. We have
    Girl Abby
    Twins boys Brandon and Carlos
    Twins girls Dylan and Emily
    Twins boys Felix and George
    Girl Heidi
    @SimAlexandria That's a good idea! D'ya mind if I use that? A different theme for each matriarch is really smart.
    Do well in school, kids
    XGSlGWt.png
    @SimAlexandria That's a good idea! D'ya mind if I use that? A different theme for each matriarch is really smart.
    go for it! I just decided on it because I wanted which of my matriarchs to have different name in preferences and figured it would be easier to see which kid belong to which generation when I'm thinking back haha!
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    Updated my blog and story, a romance out of this world.

47112682192_297ba1aaeb_b.jpg

• nikeathenanikeathena Posts: 5 New Member
    Hey guys! I have a couple of questions on things I'm not quite clear on- for the 100 baby challenge,
    1. does the Matriarch have to be created fresh, or can we download something from the gallery?
    2. Similarly, can we create babies via genetics in CAS, or does the Matriarch have to get impregnated?
    and 3. do we have to romance/catch donors or can we make them in CAS, and then get rid of them?
    nikeathena wrote: »
    Hey guys! I have a couple of questions on things I'm not quite clear on- for the 100 baby challenge,
    1. does the Matriarch have to be created fresh, or can we download something from the gallery?
    2. Similarly, can we create babies via genetics in CAS, or does the Matriarch have to get impregnated?
    and 3. do we have to romance/catch donors or can we make them in CAS, and then get rid of them?

@nikeathena Hi! Welcome to the forums! :)

1. You can download a sim from the gallery, but she can't have any previous skills. So be careful there. :)
    2. Babies/toddlers/children created in CAS do NOT count toward your 100 babies. In order to count, you need to be impregnated. I believe there is a 100 adopted babies challenge, but I am not 100% sure on that. For this version of 100 babies, only naturally born children count.
    3. You can create donors in CAS, but you have to move them into the world, not your sims house, and catch them out and about. I usually, at the start of a new generation, make a couple households with my pick of 8 male sims and put them in houses and then have pretty good luck meeting most of them out in the world.

Good luck! :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • nikeathenanikeathena Posts: 5 New Member
    > @ChelleJo said:
    > nikeathena wrote: »
    >
    > Hey guys! I have a couple of questions on things I'm not quite clear on- for the 100 baby challenge,
    > 1. does the Matriarch have to be created fresh, or can we download something from the gallery?
    > 2. Similarly, can we create babies via genetics in CAS, or does the Matriarch have to get impregnated?
    > and 3. do we have to romance/catch donors or can we make them in CAS, and then get rid of them?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > @nikeathena Hi! Welcome to the forums! :)
    >
    > 1. You can download a sim from the gallery, but she can't have any previous skills. So be careful there. :)
    > 2. Babies/toddlers/children created in CAS do NOT count toward your 100 babies. In order to count, you need to be impregnated. I believe there is a 100 adopted babies challenge, but I am not 100% sure on that. For this version of 100 babies, only naturally born children count.
    > 3. You can create donors in CAS, but you have to move them into the world, not your sims house, and catch them out and about. I usually, at the start of a new generation, make a couple households with my pick of 8 male sims and put them in houses and then have pretty good luck meeting most of them out in the world.
    >
    > Good luck! :)

Awesome, thanks for the clarification!
    I have a quick question about the challenge, one that I'm not sure whether or not it's been answered.

Let's say one of your toddlers or babies got taken away (probably because you're too busy taking care of the other kids.)

What do you do? Do they still count as one of the 100 children, or no? This hasn't happened to me yet, but I have the slight suspicion that it might and I want to be sure.
    Do well in school, kids
    XGSlGWt.png
    I have a quick question about the challenge, one that I'm not sure whether or not it's been answered.

Let's say one of your toddlers or babies got taken away (probably because you're too busy taking care of the other kids.)

What do you do? Do they still count as one of the 100 children, or no? This hasn't happened to me yet, but I have the slight suspicion that it might and I want to be sure.

@goldenwhisker No, any babies taken away don't count towards the 100 babies. That's why a child only counts upon aging up to YA, and not at birth. Any children taken away at all don't count. It's how many kids you get to YA.
    p8L4V6v.png
    My matriarch is now pregnant with baby 11. (potentially 12 too)
    So far we have....
    Girl Abby (moved out)
    Twin boys Brandon and Carlos (moved out)
    Twin girls Dylan and Emily (moved out)
    Twin boys Felix and George (teens)
    Girl Heidi (child)
    Boy Isaiah (toddler)
    Boy Jeremiah (toddler)

( Jeremiah broke that pattern of boy / girl / boy / girl births hahaha)

So I have not managed age up one single child before they aged up on their own LOL! Except the babies of course since we can do them as soon as we get that notification. And I had two teens that I could have done but I wanted to wait for their twins so that they aged up together. I think I might manage with Heidi though.

• AdelaideMannAdelaideMann Posts: 196 Member
    I thought, when I began, that if you had a baby or child die or be taken away before becoming a young adult, you "lose" the challenge. The challenge is not to have that happen before you have 100.
    I thought, when I began, that if you had a baby or child die or be taken away before becoming a young adult, you "lose" the challenge. The challenge is not to have that happen before you have 100.

I've never heard that. It might be a different version of the 100 baby challenge. This one, they just don't count until the are YA.
    p8L4V6v.png
    > @AdelaideMann said:
    > I thought, when I began, that if you had a baby or child die or be taken away before becoming a young adult, you "lose" the challenge. The challenge is not to have that happen before you have 100.

I originally thought it meant you lost the challenge too, but after reading some of these threads I think it just means the one child doesn't count. You haven't failed all the others, just that one. The goal seems to be to raise 100 well taken care of children to young adulthood.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top