Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I know that it's supposed to be when the kids reach an adult and you've raised 100 Kids, but at the very beginning of the rules subjective said that the challenge is over as soon as the 100th kid is born... Which seems a little bit contradictory? Oh well I'm just going to go until they're raised to a young adult anyways. I mean if you're going to go all the way with a hundred kids, why stop there haha!?
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I know that it's supposed to be when the kids reach an adult and you've raised 100 Kids, but at the very beginning of the rules subjective said that the challenge is over as soon as the 100th kid is born... Which seems a little bit contradictory? Oh well I'm just going to go until they're raised to a young adult anyways. I mean if you're going to go all the way with a hundred kids, why stop there haha!?

I'm pretty sure it's just like the legacy Challenge. Pinstar's Legacy challenge is the same way. Get to 10 generations, everything counts as your heir becomes YA, until that 10th Gen.. that is when the 10th Gen is born. It's the same with this challenge. If you have 6 other kids in the house that are numbers 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99... you still try to raise them proper, without social services taking them away. But the minute you have the 100th child, you won the challenge.

Say your house is completely full for children up to 99. You can't just let them get taken away, you get one out and then have that 100th baby to complete the challenge. You can get all 100 to YA (I likely will, just cause I like saving all my 100 babies to populate my worlds and possible play them at a later time), but as is the legacy, the challenge is considered won when the last needed child is born.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    ChelleJo wrote: »

I'm pretty sure it's just like the legacy Challenge. Pinstar's Legacy challenge is the same way. Get to 10 generations, everything counts as your heir becomes YA, until that 10th Gen.. that is when the 10th Gen is born. It's the same with this challenge. If you have 6 other kids in the house that are numbers 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99... you still try to raise them proper, without social services taking them away. But the minute you have the 100th child, you won the challenge.

Say your house is completely full for children up to 99. You can't just let them get taken away, you get one out and then have that 100th baby to complete the challenge. You can get all 100 to YA (I likely will, just cause I like saving all my 100 babies to populate my worlds and possible play them at a later time), but as is the legacy, the challenge is considered won when the last needed child is born.

That makes sense... But I would still feel like I didn't quite finish raising 100 kids until the 100th one was raised LOL! Course he knows maybe I'll keep going past a hundred anyways... we'll see what happens haha. I don't really play the Legacy once because I can't be bothered to want to keep track of points and all that.
  • Options
    wfblake1wfblake1 Posts: 6 New Member
    Am I allowed to download sims from the gallery to use as 'donors'?
  • Options
    ^For sure :) I have only used game generated townies so far but I have downloaded a bunch of men into the game for the future haha! Hopefully I'll find them out and about now lol!
  • Options
    AlinaStarshineAlinaStarshine Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm new-ish to Sims 4. I played 3 back in the day and recently upgraded to 4 when they had the sale. After playing a few weeks I was like yeah ... I want to try the challenge ... I've never tried raising kids in sims 4, though the hardest part for me so far has been flirting with men ... but I did got my Matriarch her first bundle of joy .... and with no lay-line traits or anything had triplets off the hop ... omg I was not ready for that. Luckily I decided to look into growing veggies and flowers because that helps for both income and food ... and is a home skill so within the rules.

The girls are now old enough to start elementary school (one some how aged up just sooner than her sisters so has to go on Friday but the other two don't start school until Monday ... weird) Time to see if any of the guy friends I made before she had kids are still willing to talk to me.
  • Options
    DragonsDaughter9DragonsDaughter9 Posts: 20 Member
    I started this challenge yesterday and so far I feel like it is constantly a disaster! Somebody is always upset about something. I'm trying to get the gardening skill up but it is taking forever with all these babies and toddlers. Plus, I can never find my poor kid's homework in the inventory or around the lot.

My matriarch currently has a kid daughter (who needs to turn her B into an A), a toddler daughter (only one skill from aging up!), and twin toddler sons. She's also pregnant again and MCCC says it is another set of twins... eek. I'm hoping that once I get the four I have now aged up things will start seeming a lot smoother.
  • Options
    CarlaplaysCarlaplays Posts: 36 Member
    Hello everyone! I wanted to update you all on my children if you guys don't mind.
    1: Dylan and Dawn (Moved out)
    2: Isabelle (Moved out)
    3: Sage and Rose (Moved out)
    4: Luna and Ambrosia (Moved out)
    5: Chris (Child)
    6: August and Ann (Children)
    7: Leslie and April (Toddlers)

I haven't had any triplets yet but I hope for some. My matriarch is pregnant too.
  • Options
    So far I have now had 10 kids...
    Girl Abby (moved out)
    Twin boys Brandon and Carlos (moved out)
    Twin Girls Dylan and Emily (moved out)
    Twin boys Felix and George
    Girl Heidi
    Boy Isaiah
    Boy Jeremiah
    Alexandria is pregnant with baby 11 and possibly 12
  • Options
    GirlyxboxsimmerGirlyxboxsimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi. So I have just started the 100 baby challenge on console and I’m wondering does anyone have any tips for me cause I’m really struggling. I’m on my 4th kid but I got 1 taken away. My mom sim is always tired and when she is not she’s busy caring for the kids so she has no time to make money so she is broke! Also it take me so long to build up a relationship with daddies. HELP
  • Options
    Hi. So I have just started the 100 baby challenge on console and I’m wondering does anyone have any tips for me cause I’m really struggling. I’m on my 4th kid but I got 1 taken away. My mom sim is always tired and when she is not she’s busy caring for the kids so she has no time to make money so she is broke! Also it take me so long to build up a relationship with daddies. HELP
    Yeah around my fourth kid it got really hard. But once you start getting teenagers that helps a lot! The teens can get jobs, but I find it even better to have some new stuff at home to help the family, like cooking and they can do gardening and painting for money. Until that point you got to accept that you're going to be broke for a while lol! Get the kids potty trained as fast as you can up to level two since then they can use the potty on their own. After that the only thing you have to worry about is bothering them cuz they can do everything by themselves. For food just have a plate of food on the table in the toddler's can help themselves. If you don't have any toddlers in the house keep it in the fridge as it lasts longer without spoiling and everyone can go get leftovers. Unless that works for toddlers to? In my game it doesn't. I have the option for toddlers to go get leftovers but they can't seem to actually do it on their own so they just ignore the command. As for meeting guys I find it easiest to watch for them to walk by the house, then introduce ourselves and invite them over. And then just get on with your normal life. They will chat to you while you're doing things like cooking and different things and the friendship will get higher for when you are ready to flirt. Don't try any romantic gestures until the green bar is at least halfway. Otherwise they get mad at it seems ... also I learned from painful experience, make sure you have sprinklers installed if you don't want half your house to burn down haha! I've also stopped worrying about getting the kids grades up in school... I worry about making sure they're happy first. Because it's fine if they age up on their own getting the A's is just to age them up early. However with so many kids I found that they were aging up on their own before I could get them Hayes anyways so it didn't make a difference and we were just struggling a ton of those skills up and homework done and then in the end it made no difference because I failed in the all aged up on their own. So now I just worry about making sure they're happy and their needs are done and it makes it a lot easier. Once they do have everything good in their needs I to get them to do homework or work on skills and they are actually getting to that point more often now that I work on the needs first haha! You can buy the trash can that gives you money ... it gives you $10 per Sim per item you put in it. So if you have a full household of eight you get 80 simoleons every time you drag a plate or cup into it. Also to get Friendship high between your matriarch and the guys do a lot of cloud gazing stargazing. Also when the kids are at school you can click on the little icons of them and choose if you want them to study hard or slack off or make friends. I think studying hard gives you a bit of a boost toward stop a, but they also come home very tense with no fun and stressed out and it's a real pain to get them to do homework. If you let them slack off they'll have most of their bars full when they get home and do the homework which counts for more towards the a. Or you could work normally of course too. If their social is low have the make friends at school and their social will go up quick.
  • Options
    Do you guys turn all mods off? I have been doing this but thought it might be fun to have MCCC to allow story progression in the background so that the kids can get married Etc.
  • Options
    One more question, saw this being discussed on Reddit...
    How do you guys go about dealing with never ending mourning in this game? Like right now I am 10 kids in and my sims are in a constant state of mourning, especially the matriarch, as all the baby daddies die. (My matriarch mourns all of them, the kids who were fathered by the guy mourn him too even though they've never met him as we kicked him out after getting pregnant) and then, as someone pointed out, as the first kids age into elders and then die and all the rest follow it is non-stop mourning for all of them due to the death of a sibling.

Is there someway of getting around this without breaking any game rules? I love this challenge, but I want to raise happy families, not families who are forever depressed.
  • Options
    Baby #12 was just born and I believe that this is the end of Generation 1 for us! Alexandria's birthday is tomorrow or the next day (Sim Days) and she will likely become an elder. The house is full and I don't believe we will be able to move anyone out before Alexandria ages up. The only possibility would be George but it's only a slim chance he'll be ready and I don't see any hope for his twin Felix... I have my own rule I added in that twins have to age up together and especially in this case where aging up Georgie first would reverse their birth order as Felix is the older twin.

So Generation 1 likely to end here with 12 kids, 6 boys, 6 girls, 4 singletown babies (two boys and two girls) 4 sets of twins (two boy-boy twins, and two girl-girl twins) so very very even across the board. Our heir's name is Lucy.

Here's some photos of Generation 1as it stands so far. Now I guess unless we do manage to get pregnant, we have a bit of a break from new kids until toddler Lucy grows up... The house is gonna get boring, lol!

2e1vali.jpg
    Matriarch Alexandria, 1st born teen Abby, Twins Brandon (Blue) & Carlos (Red), Twins Dylan (Yellow) and Emily (Blue)

22m6bk.jpg
    Abby had moved out by here. Alexandria with teen twins Brandon (Blue) & Carlos (Red), Child twins Dylan (far right) and Emily (far left), and toddler twins Felix (Green) and George (Blue)

2115iwx.jpg
    Alexandria with the kids! Brandon (Blue) and Carlos (Red) were still teens here. Twins Dylan (Orange) and Emily (Sky Blue) had also became teens. Twins George (blue and black) and Felix (green) are now kids. New Toddler Heidi.

2u5g80m.jpg
    Brandon & Carlos had moved out. Teens are twins Dylan (orange) and Emily (blue). Kids are twins George (blue & black) & Felix (green) and younger sister Heidi (purple & white shirt), new baby Isaiah has arrived!

15qzoxz.jpg
    Dylan & Emily have flown the nest! Twins George (brown jacket) and Felix (always in green!) have become teens. Heidi is still a child. Isaiah is now a toddler (held by Felix) and so is new addition Jeremiah (held by matriarch Alexandria)

1hcu3s.jpg
    Final picture so far. Alexandria with the current household, teen twins Felix (green) and George (brown jacket), Heidi (blue skirt) is now teen too. Isaiah is now a kid, Jeremiah still a toddler, and new twin toddlers Katie (held by Alexandria) and Lucy (held by Heidi). Lucy will probably be our heir!

• Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited February 2019
    Do you guys turn all mods off? I have been doing this but thought it might be fun to have MCCC to allow story progression in the background so that the kids can get married Etc.

I do not turn mods off. I won't play without my mods. My mods are either bug fixes, no autonomous mods, or things I choose to use or not (which I choose not to use at all during challenges). MCCC being the exception. And I won't play my game without MCCC installed.

Nothing I use would help me achieve 100 babies easier then anyone else that didn't have that mod. MCCC stops me from having to constantly downloading from the gallery, but truth be told, I usually do anyways, cause I like have a better gene pool going then most of what the game offers.

How do you guys go about dealing with never ending mourning in this game? Like right now I am 10 kids in and my sims are in a constant state of mourning, especially the matriarch, as all the baby daddies die. (My matriarch mourns all of them, the kids who were fathered by the guy mourn him too even though they've never met him as we kicked him out after getting pregnant) and then, as someone pointed out, as the first kids age into elders and then die and all the rest follow it is non-stop mourning for all of them due to the death of a sibling.

Is there someway of getting around this without breaking any game rules? I love this challenge, but I want to raise happy families, not families who are forever depressed.

If, while the sim is sad, you have them blog about feelings, it's pretty powerful and can really knock out that mourning buff in a few hours of blogging. I, personally, wouldn't worry a great deal about the kids when they start getting sad (I'm on baby 18 and haven't had any of the kids get sad yet from a sim passing, only mom a couple times) but it's a good idea to have a lot of aspiration points, too, because you can buy moodlet solvers and it'll get rid of those sad buffs and max all needs, making it easier for mom to get back to the baby making business.

p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    ChelleJo wrote: »

I do not turn mods off. I won't play without my mods. My mods are either bug fixes, no autonomous mods, or things I choose to use or not (which I choose not to use at all during challenges). MCCC being the exception. And I won't play my game without MCCC installed.

Nothing I use would help me achieve 100 babies easier then anyone else that didn't have that mod. MCCC stops me from having to constantly downloading from the gallery, but truth be told, I usually do anyways, cause I like have a better gene pool going then most of what the game offers.

If, while the sim is sad, you have them blog about feelings, it's pretty powerful and can really knock out that mourning buff in a few hours of blogging. I, personally, wouldn't worry a great deal about the kids when they start getting sad (I'm on baby 18 and haven't had any of the kids get sad yet from a sim passing, only mom a couple times) but it's a good idea to have a lot of aspiration points, too, because you can buy moodlet solvers and it'll get rid of those sad buffs and max all needs, making it easier for mom to get back to the baby making business.

I've had all my kids sad when their dad has died so far, maybe it's different when siblings do later? Even my toddler is mourning the death of his father right now. The only kids that haven't yet are the twins that just aged into toddlers right before I turned off game, and their dad has been an elder for a bit so I imagine is coming soon. It makes it hard to get into work on any skills or do homework.
  • Options
    DragonsDaughter9DragonsDaughter9 Posts: 20 Member
    > @ChelleJo said:
    >
    > If, while the sim is sad, you have them blog about feelings, it's pretty powerful and can really knock out that mourning buff in a few hours of blogging. I, personally, wouldn't worry a great deal about the kids when they start getting sad (I'm on baby 18 and haven't had any of the kids get sad yet from a sim passing, only mom a couple times) but it's a good idea to have a lot of aspiration points, too, because you can buy moodlet solvers and it'll get rid of those sad buffs and max all needs, making it easier for mom to get back to the baby making business.

Thanks for the tips. I haven't had to deal with it yet, but I'm sure it's coming, between all the siblings and fathers.

I've got my first kid moved out! Seeing as I've been having tons of issues getting homework to show up, even after buying several copies from a bookcase, I'm feeling accomplished. All my kids for generation 1 have Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire names. I have:
    1) Rhaella (adult)
    2) Cersei (teen)
    3 + 4) Renly and Tommen (kids)
    5 + 6) Oberyn and Ygritte (kids)
    7) Ashara (toddler)
    8) currently gestating Father Winter's baby

This is forcing me to play with some traits I've never used before. Cersei is a kleptomaniac, which is surprisingly fun, and one of the boy/boy twins is lazy, which is less so. This is also going to be my first Father Winter baby and I am hoping to get my first vampire baby in the near future, since that pack is new to me.
  • Options
    Hyunwoo_ssiHyunwoo_ssi Posts: 39 Member
    edited February 2019
    Honestly I have no idea whats going on but I have a ghost doctor now XD
    1eb6a1c1be73f48937289216cd936d8c.jpg
    7a0f2c2cb0c019dac7b944eb17c7eea6.jpg
    monbebe8819 is my sims id.
  • Options

Well I mean that's a bit worrying ... haha! Never seen that one before .
  • Options
    @ChelleJo Also, thanks for the tip bout mods :) I def. might consider that then. Right now I've played it no mods... I have been downloading guys from the gallery, right now I'm downloading men that ppl created to look like characters from my fav TV show, cuz that could be really fun haha!
  • Options
    Hyunwoo_ssiHyunwoo_ssi Posts: 39 Member

I have no idea how it happened but we had twin girls so it can't be all bad right?
    7a0f2c2cb0c019dac7b944eb17c7eea6.jpg
    monbebe8819 is my sims id.
  • Options
    WolfGirlWolfGirl Posts: 37 Member
    edited February 2019
    I'm just starting on my 3rd generation for this challenge. Talia A. Ponce will continue.

1st Gen. 26 Kids, 29 Grandkids, 2 Great-Grandkids

2nd Gen. 30 Kids, 18 Grandkids.
  • Options

I have no idea how it happened but we had twin girls so it can't be all bad right?

Haha that's what counts :)
  • Options
    WolfGirl wrote: »
    I'm just starting on my 3rd generation for this challenge. Talia A. Ponce will continue.

1st Gen. 26 Kids, 29 Grandkids, 2 Great-Grandkids

2nd Gen. 30 Kids, 18 Grandkids.

How does your first gen only have 29 grandkids if her daughter had 30 kids? *confused * haha 😂 or 2 great grandkids wheb the daughter has 18 Grandkids? What am I missing? Lol
  • Options
    mn84evrmn84evr Posts: 12 New Member
    I literally just restarted this challenge. I had trouble getting donors before... and people in my town kept dying. Do new families move in as time goes on? There were a serious lack of males who weren't already married :(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top