Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What style house do your Sims live in?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Modern/Contemporary
    Most times I like modern houses or lofts. I also hate lots of walls. I like open spaces so I can play with walls up. These types are my favorite but I like imagining characters so it depends on the family I'm playing. I also have a trailer park and RV park, and old Victorian houses.
  • Options
    nightowl1nightowl1 Posts: 89 Member
    Gothic/Castle
    I love finding small and cosy gothic styled homes for my sims. I think it just reflects on the type of place I'd love to live if it were possible. The interior's either classical/Victorian. For some reason I just can't get into the modern theme that well. If I'm not going for the gothic look, I turn towards Tudor themed places.
  • Options
    wgu394wgu394 Posts: 45 Member
    Farm House
    I suppose I am in a class by myself. I love farmhouse but also use other styles as well. My first choice is farmhouse.
    "All you need is the plan, the roadmap, and the courage to press on to your destination." Earl Nightingale
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Other (please describe in the comments)
    Whatever I download from the gallery. As long as its big enough.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I like to mix up the style of home I play with
    I play families legacy st yle so usually I go for larger houses. If they aren't random builds depending on my needs at the time they'll be historically themed. At the moment my sims live in houses with Tudor-style beams.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Mostly houses like I see in real life.
    Some modern, some older houses but with contemporary furniture inside.
    Occasionally thematic, I have a victorian house but also a bio dome in Oasis Springs.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Cottage
    Normally European style as I'm from the UK so more familiar to me.

Same. I love cute little cottages, Victorian and Gothic style builds. I like the American Craftsman style too, but I'm not usually as keen on modern.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I have lots of sims and like Variety in my Sims homes that I think fit the main Sims personality in each house. I would never enjoy a carbon copy of every house in a neighborhood. Like to mix it up.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I mix it up because I have different styles of homes in different worlds. Also it depends on the sim or family I’m playing and what suits their personality and lifestyle most.
  • Options
    Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    Victorian
    Victorian gothic or gigantic 64x64 5-storey mansion
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I do the style of whatever world I'm in.
  • Options
    Hecate90Hecate90 Posts: 53 Member
    edited February 2019
    Modern/Contemporary
    I voted for modern & contemporary houses because almost all of my Sims homes look like a luxurious holiday villa.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    My sims live in whatever I build, of course. My personal favorite style blends Art Deco with Modern industrial. That said, my homes in the sims are all over the spectrum. I start building and let the build decide the type of house. With that strategy, I've built all kinds of things from Gothic Victorian to French Provincial to Mission and everything in between.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I usually build a 2bed/1bath mobile home for my Sim(s) to start with. As the money and family grows, so will the house - to a 3bed/2bath house (sometimes, with a 1bed/1bath "pool house" too - if I didn't make the pool too big)!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    All different kinds because I play rotationally. I prefer single level floor plans for the most part. I'm not good at the Victorian era so usually download that type of house from the gallery and make the changes I want once I see it unfurnished.

I like smaller, more realistic size houses. I don't like wasting a lot of sim-time getting from the livingroom to the kitchen. :D Or from the livingroom to the bed. And the room size has to be furniture appropriate so as it fits in nicely. I find I build the room around the furniture rather than try to fill a big room with "stuff".
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Craftsman
    D0HrSB6VsAYqpop?format=jpg&name=large

Ever since Cats & Dogs and Seasons came out, I've been having a blast making Craftsman or Cottage homes. Now that I know how to make the attics functional living spaces I really enjoy playing them. This is just one of a handful I've made during the past couple of months.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    SimptuousSimptuous Posts: 82 Member
    My sims live in homes that suit their personality so the houses that I use/build vary in style. My recent builds include a Victorian mansion, a modern villa, a country cottage and a comfortable mobile home.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    It depends on the world I'm playing in. Almost all of the Willow Creek homes are Victorian & Traditional in my game
    Newcrest is entirely modern/contemporary,
    Oasis Springs is Spanish and Tuscan styled-homes,
    Windenburg favors Tudor-style architecture,
    Forgotten Hollow is all Gothic, anything else looks weird in that world.
    Del Sol has modern/cape cod/Meditteranean type houses.
    Brindleton Bay has the most diverse combination of contemporary craftsman, colonial, country, and bungalow/beach houses.
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited February 2019
    Normally English style mansions/ Manor houses. Like so;

D5m5AWy.jpg
    Normally European style as I'm from the UK so more familiar to me.
    I'm the same.
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    My sims live in very functional boxes. I'm afraid I'm more interested in exploring the RPG aspects than the building these days!
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    My sims live in very functional boxes. I'm afraid I'm more interested in exploring the RPG aspects than the building these days!

I like functional boxes!
  • Options
    BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    Modern/Contemporary
    i love modern homes! my aunt and her husband live in a modern style home in San Diego and when l visited them last summer, l didn't want to leave! :D
  • Options
    AnastaciasgemAnastaciasgem Posts: 246 Member
    I use the gallery, so I just pick a house that jumps out at me. Not the most creative but there we go :D
    iiudADB.gif
    Origin ID: Gemmaisasim
    The Minogue ISBI family tree
  • Options
    MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    Different styles for different families! It all depends on the story and the style that fits the sim. Using my legacies as an example, I've had them in gothic homes, modern homes, and renovated farmhouses so far.
    a63ftuN.png