Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use MC Command Center?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    ThenyoukissmeThenyoukissme Posts: 304 Member
    No, and I’m not going to start.
    It made my game crash
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I used it at first and liked it, but then I got to a point where my playstyle slowed down and I didn't want my unplayed sims to get pregnant or married, so I stopped using it. I might return to it at some point.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Other: I use it occasionally, but usually remove after a large patch.
  • Options
    MuggyQuasarMuggyQuasar Posts: 169 Member
    Yes, and I can’t live without it!
    Couldn't do without it. It makes the game so much better.
    lgYUYx0.jpg
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    I use too many other mods that conflict with MC for some reason. So I just dont use it.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    The most essential settings for me are 0% decay on friendships and relationships and to disable clown walk by, as I've always hated that clown and as a rotational player, I don't want to find my sims have split up or started cheating on each other while I've been in a different house.

I use some other settings too but they're minor adjustments.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    scrutyniscrutyni Posts: 49 Member
    So far I'm happy with the vanilla game and would only add small mods to fine-tune the game-play experience. I don't feel the need to control every aspect of the game as I'll probably overdo it and then it loses its novelty to me. I'm also currently playing rotationally, so I don't really care to have unplayed Sims progress while I'm not there. And like others have said, I'd rather wait until I don't have to update or until I feel the need to have it to spice up the game, but for now it's not something I must have.
    Current SimLit Blog (Rotational Play): https://newcrestsponsorsims4.home.blog/
    Rookie builder and casual Simmer || Gallery: https://tinyurl.com/ycummopq
  • Options
    nightowl1nightowl1 Posts: 89 Member
    I love it when my sim's offspring are able to just move into a house of their own and begin life without my interference. I like seeing who ends up marrying who, what kinds of children they may have together - just makes it easier for me (laziness) instead of having to make everyone gain relationships myself. It's the spontaneity that draws me in!

Plus, like others may have mentioned, it's great having the ability to populate worlds with sims straight from the tray. No more awkward townies. And again, I'm a lazy simmer who loves it when I find ways around things. (Not to say I'm lazy all the time, sometimes it just becomes tiring having to do the mundane tasks like swap randomly generated sims with gallery sims).
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    @Writin_Reg I know this could cause confusion, but when people say legacies they don’t always mean a challenge legacy. People who play it in the challenge format do still play it like it’s a challenge - just like you listed. But many others m an “legacy” as if it’s just a continuation of generations of the same family.

Very true. Some of us players play legacy/generations according to our own rules not someone else’s. I’ve played the original challenge and decided it was not much fun at all for me. Now I play according to my own likes. I don’t use cheats, but I do use MCCC for the members that have moved out. I don’t necessarily always play rotationally so it’s nice that this mod continues their life without them being in a perpetual state of doing nothing until they die.

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    Knowing I could benefit from a few of the features, i'll not install a mod that huge. Most features I'd probably not use, but I would still need to keep it updated through TS4's endless number of patches.

BTW, how come the YES option has only one alternative while NO has two? Does it mean there exist absolutely no YES simmers who might be planning to quit using it?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    MawMawMawMaw Posts: 99 Member
    I don't play rotationally (never been able to get my head around it), So i use MCCC for the story progression aspect, I love seeing sims getting married, having children and just living their lives without me having to manually interfere
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I'd only use it if the game came to a end so I wouldn't have to keep taking it out and waiting for updates. The only mod I used in Sims 3 was one on NRass? which stopped cars proliferating all over the worlds. One reason I think that cars are not popular with the Gurus (at the moment).
  • Options
    VecVec Posts: 3 New Member
    It's a really helpful mod. BG has no story progressions at all like marriage or something. Just getting older and older, soon the whole neighbors is full of old sims with gray hair.. And eventually my sims town becomes a ghost town. But with MCCC, they becomes more alive. Move in, move out, marriage, divorce, new babies, and maybe something more, I think. They do these thing by themselves.
  • Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    I've clicked no because I do not know what it is..
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    mock68 wrote: »
    I've clicked no because I do not know what it is..

There's a lot of info on it here:

https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/Top
  • Options
    KalopsianDreamerKalopsianDreamer Posts: 183 Member
    edited February 2019
    I use it, but could easily live without it.

I primarily use it for disabling the monster under the bed, being able to edit townies with questionable fashion choices and personalise the games settings to my preference. It's also nice as it ensures if you have multiple saves, there's different townies generated in each save- I get very fed up of seeing the same sims in each of my saves.

I don't venture too deep down the rabbit hole of MCCC however, as there is just SO much that you can do with it and it can be a tad confusing and overwhelming. I'm still wanting a youtuber to do a full on review of MCCC that teaches you what every little button does because I'm an idiot and need that sort of thing.

I remember when first downloading it trying to work out how I got story progression to actually progress- do i have to change the settings, does it do it now its in the game or-

Point is: Yes, it's pretty useful for minor tweaks and getting rid of the stuff that annoys you. I'd only remove it if story progression was added into the game.
    ĆØΜ€ ŦØ ŦĦ€ ĆŘΔŦ€Ř - ΜØŦĦ€Ř ĆΔŁŁŞ ¥ØỮ ĦØΜ€
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I have used it in the past. It’s a great mod but I don’t have it at the moment as it’s a pain to maintain with patches and because there’s periods when I don’t play for a while I come back to it being outdated.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    There really needs to be a YES option that doesn't include the "Can't Live Without it" I mean you have two No options why not more then one yes option? So I'll forgo a vote just because it wouldn't be a fully truthful answer and I don't want to be included in the numbers for that answer.

I use it but grudgingly so. I mostly use it for Story Progression so if/when the Devs add Story Progression to the game I will happily and quickly remove MCCC. I do use other features of it but none of it isn't something I could learn to live without or find another much smaller, less cumbersome mod to do it instead.
    ~ ~ ~